Sutherland Employee Reviews

A good in between job
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 January 2013
Sutherland was a very hectic job with little benefits. The job itself did however teach me valuable customer services skills and I made some great contact and friends that I hope to keep for the rest of my life. Management is very hit or miss. Some are wonderful, hard working individuals. And others give the impression that they simply gave up on the job.

The hardest part of the job was to endure the constant negative aura of your customers and still put on a happy face and provide excellent customer service. With this unfortunate reality I was able to gain far more patience for negative situations which in the end turned a very difficult task into a very rewarding aspect of the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job is with the fast pace, your day goes by very quickly.
Pros
job security
Cons
short breaks, low pay
full time full benefits, GREAT co-workers, no job security
Technical support / Customer service (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 August 2012
I think Sutherland is one of the best jobs to have in Windsor just because there is nothing else out there with full time, full benefits. The management and fellow co-workers are awsome, that's probably what's kept me there so long. It's an extremely stressful environment, and there is no appreciation of a common agent such as myself shown by the company. For instance, I am an asset in both customer service (shown by excellent feed back statistics) and in technical knolege (shown in above average quality audits) and have been there for almost 2 years now. There is no more job security for me then someone who was hired yesterday. I don't want to work for a Large corporation anymore.
Pros
full time / full benefits
Cons
no job security or appreciation.
Not good
Tier 1 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Tech Support27 January 2017
Even worse. Incredibly boring. And whatever else I need to say to reach the twenty word minimum and then some more. And maybe even more after that.
Could be more organized, Fun people to work with.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON10 May 2016
A typical day at work consists of dealing with very irate customers. I've learned a lot about computer programs and patients. Our management can put together some good friendly games to make our days a bit better. The hardest part of the job is all the stress. I enjoy the people i work with.
Pros
we have free lunch and dress down days
Cons
Long hours with nothing to do
very productive workplace
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 December 2016
Challenging at first but very exciting after adaptation. conducive working environment with open aspirations for every worker.
sutherland help you grow
Technical support consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 December 2016
great place great people they actually do care about their employee and they also go extra mile to look out for their employee miss my customers .....
Great co-workers, no advancement
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON3 August 2016
The calls were sometime too shortly timed as not everyone can be helped in that short time span, some calls DO take longer than others. and I do not think you should be penalized for this, which you are. Unfair.
Co-workers were sometimes funny and fun.
Hardest part of the job was trying to get a call accomplished before the set time of let's say 12-15 minutes. Sometimes it is darn near impossible.
the most enjoyable part was probably the breaks or the time when we got to go home to our families.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Annoying Hours
well this place takes the cake
Customer Service Rep. Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 July 2016
this place had its pros and cons and more so cons i can think of, the job security wasn't good i could have lost my job any time even after my 3 month probation and i ended up quitting my job there because i was refused vacation time when i worked for it and payed into it
Just there
Customer service consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 November 2016
A typically a day work is just there no challenges , the same thing all the time and learnt how to be technical, sweet and nice to customers even though they are very mad or swearing at you.
speaking to different people fun workplace
Sales (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 July 2016
Get set up on your computer and start answering phone calls. Every day we learn something new. Learn the sales to pitch and receive commission. Be patient and always have a positive attitude. Work can be long and boring but its what gets you by.
Pros
being social
Fast Pace Environment
ISM Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 November 2016
A very busy workplace requiring lot of energy and concentration.Working hours and holidays keep changing based on the requirement.
Pros
Paid Training
Cons
Varied hours
High turn over and for good reason
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 August 2016
I worked on the floor for a month and had to quit. Had a manager tell me my numbers were low and because my numbers were low we were not going to get the good hours the following month (8-5 M-F) she then said that it was obvious I didn't care about my son otherwise my numbers would have been better. Training was fun and enjoyable but the managers are awful. Honestly their is no leadership.
Pros
You get paid?
Cons
Atmosphere looks enjoyable but it's a lie
was an incentive building company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 June 2016
becauae of the customer complaints my floor of customer service reps. would get stressed out expecially since we worked long hours so they would give us prizes and fun activities to do during out 10 minute break. Wasnt a very good work environment way to much negativity
Good place to work but needs improvement
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON5 October 2012
A typical day for me would be answering calls and directing customers to appropriate departments. I have learned to have more patience, to listen more attentively and to multi-task. Management is good but needs more improvement to have more communication with their employees. I really enjoy working with my co-workers. I believe my hardest part of my job is listening to people get upset when they haven't done enough research before calling or just being demanding and saying "Get me somewhere now" before we have even started talking. The enjoyable part is being able to help people get to the correct departments and sometimes being thanked for helping them out.
Pros
good benefits, good hours with weekends off
Cons
interior, accessibilty
Great pay, not so good environment.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 June 2015
The training class was great. Got to meet some nice people. However, once we got to to the production floor, there was next to NO support which made everything very stressful. Many people that were supposed to be helping people, ignored them. My "coach" couldn't care less about helping us learn how to do our job. I worked very hard to be good at my job and do my very best, but with how poorly managed everything is, I knew there was something much better out there.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management, lack of support.
Great people that care
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 November 2016
The environment is nice and people are helpful. For certain position it can get stressful but people understand and are willing to help. Good pay for the work required.
Good Place to work
Customer Service Professional (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 October 2016
It was an inbound call position where major issues would be related to the errors/problems in delivery of goods requested by the customer and their solution.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Friendly environement
Cons
Work Pressure
Specialized to work with technicians
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 November 2015
I started off at Sutherland working for AT&T technical support assisting customers with there modem issues and adjusting monthly bills. I was promoted very quickly to work only with AT&T technicians while they are at customers houses to do line-testing and setting up the proper signals.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Very bad work schedule and was not consistent.
Overall helped me gain experience in different software
Bilingual Customer Service/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 August 2016
The people seemed great to work with and we had lots of Training given weather it turned out to be a little rushed from time to time.

I still managed to keep my work ethics in check with the 1 on 1 Team managers coaching.

The hardest part was keeping the customers satisfied with the solutions.
Productive workplace environment and Friendly Management
Quality Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 August 2016
Sutherland is a learning place for anyone who wants to start their carrier with customer lifecycle management company. Friendly Management assists you to bring the best out of you.