Sutherland Employee Reviews

Typical Call Centre
CSR (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON30 March 2017
Sutherland is a typical Call Centre and as such has many of the caveats of other similar workplaces. Training is 2 weeks in class followed by 2 weeks floor training for most campaigns. A day's work consists of showing up early to log into programs and being ready to take a constant stream of incoming calls and being ready to take breaks at specified times. The managesment is more number driven than teamwork oriented which is a downfall. Hardest part of the job the lack of excitement and redundant nature of the job.
At&t
Former Mobility Rep (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 March 2017
First: the really positive reviews here are fake. Some of them posted months apart use almost the same exact words.
Second: Sutherland itself...hr was not super helpful. Zero flexibility in schedule if you had extenuating circumstances. Unless you were a favourite.
Third: there was SO much favoritism. If you were a top performer they bent over backwards for you. If you were...the rest of us...they didn't care.
Fourth:AT&T programs were the worst. 5 weeks of training that can realistically only prepare you for a standard call. You learn most on the job with managers literally calling out to you that you're taking too long in the call. While other managers are yelling out other demands to the floor. Support was not nearly enough so getting help could take 10 minutes, then you're getting yelled at for time. Again. They would take away tools with no notice and expect you to have no issues suddenly doing the job with tools you were barely trained to use. Which brings us back to weak support. Pressure to sell was insane. I actually had stress dreams about the place nearly every night.
Summary: if you don't NEEEEED the job don't work there.
Pros
Sometimes customers were great. The occasional goid manager. Benefits
Cons
Everything else.
Blackberry is better than at&t
Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 March 2017
A&t is all about making money and not customer service. Blackberry was total opposite. It was more about customer service and not making money. At&t is a really stressful environment
Easy job and quick to learn
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 March 2017
Simple tasks. Start off with easy training. Consistent hours if full-time. Coworkers are of all ages and are great to get to know. Good job for somebody who is a "people person".
fun atmosphere long hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 March 2017
this is required of me to fill out for some reason so im just filling this out for no necessary reason but anyways for the most part sutherland is fine
Straight forward do your job, follow procedure
Technical Support, Blackberry Program (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 March 2017
if your looking for a student job this is a good place to work, they provide paid training. it is a fast environment as you have hundreds of calls coming in with issues to be solved or provide assistance with up-selling.
Pros
good benefits for sudents
Cons
not such a secure job as company's come and go
Productive & Great oppurtunity.
Phone Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 March 2017
Great job overall , Was there for about 4 months but had some family issues going on so I didn't quit nor get fired I can go back and get my chair back but just seeing what else is out there .
Pros
long lunch, felt as if seond family, fun days, benfits & upgrades on monthly cheques
Cons
long training hours maxium 7 weeks, horrible customers alot of the time
Tech support
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON13 March 2017
The job itself was ok, training was adequate. Changing your duties without any notice was normal, whether you were qualified or not. Complaints to management were just a waste of time.

Good place to work if your looking for short term or temporary employment. Definitely not a career.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
unrealistic expectations, management
Geat place to gain experience and skills that translate
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 March 2017
Good energy and challenging environment. Management does a great job of trying to keep you motivated. Can be difficult to balance job work and life balance. Job can be stressful during high volume periods
Pros
management
Cons
life balance
Review
Click 2 Chat Agent (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON6 March 2017
Good for making money but for balance of family life and work its not the best, also the human resource woman isnt very professional. Blamed me for having depression, yay.
Large call centre based organization, providing third party services.
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 March 2017
Job is minimum wage, is enjoyable to talk to nice customers but the hardest part of the job is talking to unreasonable/irate customers. Overall, you're working 8.5 hours on the phone with a half an hour break for lunch.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 March 2017
I started working here over a year ago and originally wasnt planning on staying long from the rumors I had heard. But the management is great always willing to help you succeed and many nice and friendly coworkers. I still work there as the environment is great and I'm getting great experience with customer service. Pay is good and so is the benefits
Pros
Optional overtime is available, great people to work with.
Poor work environment.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON3 March 2017
This job is a very fast paced job, It requires a lot of attention to detail, which majority of the time if a mistake is made, you are penalized for months after the fact.

there is no room in the company for advancement.

brags to be an excellent job but is far from it.
convenient work place its fun to be a Microsoft suport
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  philippines18 February 2017
I've learn how to love your job and also how to handle objection
You must keep and going
There is always the hardest part in all job you must bear with it and enjoy every minutes talking to your customer.
Most enjoyable part of my just is when I'm able to fixed/resolved the issue/concern of our customer.
Like you an angel for them because to actually make their life easier.
Productive and learn how to work in a fast-paced environment.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  PH18 February 2017
Everyday we learn new things since the evolution of technology doesn't stop growing. I learn how to support Microsoft Office applications and Microsoft Operating System. I also learned how to assist customers through remote access. We also support Microsoft Email and Online storage. ( Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft OneDrive).
Pros
We have the time to play, enjoy and make friends because of the Team Building that the company provides
Cons
N/a
Low wages, horrible.
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 February 2017
A low wage, horrible place to work, with 9 hour shifts. They want to make sure that you don't have time to look for a decent job, so they won't let you go after 8 hours.

They list your salary around 26,000 per year but they're including benefits. In reality you'll make maybe 1,500 plus per month.
Pros
None.
Cons
Almost everything.
Enjoyable job with great coworkers
TIER 2 TECH SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 February 2017
This job came with many challenged but it also gave me the opportunity to work on my workplace skills such as patience, how to handle unsatisfied customers, and work under high times of stress.
Pros
Free food, job security
Cons
long hours, management issues
It was good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 February 2017
It was a nice experience. Got to learn a lot of new things in this company. Worked with different clients at this job and learnt to use CRM effectively and managed customers accounts.
Pros
free lucnhes
Cons
poor management
good
Technical Customer Consultant (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 February 2017
Clear targets and goals - with accessible friendly managers. Lots to learn on the job although there is paid training too. Career advancement opportunities for people who aspire to go for it. keep busy for the whole shift so it goes by fast. The worst part of the job is the customers. But once you realize you are the complaint department and learn how to manage the call its not bad at all! the customers love you once you fix their complaint! I love the people I work with, but that's me. if I didn't then I would find a place where I did.
Poor management, no respect for people, disfunctional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 February 2017
High stress job, with no training on how to deal with the stress related to the position. No worklife balance. Poorly prepared TM's.
Pros
Centrally located
Cons
Disregard that employees are human beings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutherland. Our community is ready to answer.