Sutherland Employee Reviews

Large call centre based organization, providing third party services.
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 March 2017
Job is minimum wage, is enjoyable to talk to nice customers but the hardest part of the job is talking to unreasonable/irate customers. Overall, you're working 8.5 hours on the phone with a half an hour break for lunch.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 March 2017
I started working here over a year ago and originally wasnt planning on staying long from the rumors I had heard. But the management is great always willing to help you succeed and many nice and friendly coworkers. I still work there as the environment is great and I'm getting great experience with customer service. Pay is good and so is the benefits
Pros
Optional overtime is available, great people to work with.
Poor work environment.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON3 March 2017
This job is a very fast paced job, It requires a lot of attention to detail, which majority of the time if a mistake is made, you are penalized for months after the fact.

there is no room in the company for advancement.

brags to be an excellent job but is far from it.
convenient work place its fun to be a Microsoft suport
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  philippines18 February 2017
I've learn how to love your job and also how to handle objection
You must keep and going
There is always the hardest part in all job you must bear with it and enjoy every minutes talking to your customer.
Most enjoyable part of my just is when I'm able to fixed/resolved the issue/concern of our customer.
Like you an angel for them because to actually make their life easier.
Productive and learn how to work in a fast-paced environment.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  PH18 February 2017
Everyday we learn new things since the evolution of technology doesn't stop growing. I learn how to support Microsoft Office applications and Microsoft Operating System. I also learned how to assist customers through remote access. We also support Microsoft Email and Online storage. ( Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft OneDrive).
Pros
We have the time to play, enjoy and make friends because of the Team Building that the company provides
Cons
N/A
Low wages, horrible.
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 February 2017
A low wage, horrible place to work, with 9 hour shifts. They want to make sure that you don't have time to look for a decent job, so they won't let you go after 8 hours.

They list your salary around 26,000 per year but they're including benefits. In reality you'll make maybe 1,500 plus per month.
Pros
None.
Cons
Almost everything.
Enjoyable job with great coworkers
TIER 2 TECH SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 February 2017
This job came with many challenged but it also gave me the opportunity to work on my workplace skills such as patience, how to handle unsatisfied customers, and work under high times of stress.
Pros
Free food, job security
Cons
long hours, management issues
It was good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 February 2017
It was a nice experience. Got to learn a lot of new things in this company. Worked with different clients at this job and learnt to use CRM effectively and managed customers accounts.
Pros
free lucnhes
Cons
poor management
good
Technical Customer Consultant (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 February 2017
Clear targets and goals - with accessible friendly managers. Lots to learn on the job although there is paid training too. Career advancement opportunities for people who aspire to go for it. keep busy for the whole shift so it goes by fast. The worst part of the job is the customers. But once you realize you are the complaint department and learn how to manage the call its not bad at all! the customers love you once you fix their complaint! I love the people I work with, but that's me. if I didn't then I would find a place where I did.
Poor management, no respect for people, disfunctional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 February 2017
High stress job, with no training on how to deal with the stress related to the position. No worklife balance. Poorly prepared TM's.
Pros
Centrally located
Cons
Disregard that employees are human beings
Nice place
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 February 2017
I heard a lot of negative things about this place before working there, but I experienced the opposite. In my opinion, working at Sutherland was a nice experience.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Quite boring
If you enjoy being under valued...
Helpdesk / Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON7 February 2017
Sutherland employs technically skilled individuals and rewards their talents with rock bottom wages. Sutherland does not appreciate it's employees and takes the attitude that staff, talent and loyalty is easily replaceable.
Pros
it's work
Cons
minimum wage, low appreciation, high expectations
Gives you good customer service experience.
Customer service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 February 2017
Good colleagues at work.
High metrics and expectations from the employer.
Good training and coaching.
salary is okay for entry level.
Flexible and they accomodate student's schedule
It was okay.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 February 2017
Sutherland Global Services, Is a a job i took over the summer. its based in Windsor but it is an American owned Telephone, Cell-phone and internet service provider.
Not good
Tier 1 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Tech Support27 January 2017
Even worse. Incredibly boring. And whatever else I need to say to reach the twenty word minimum and then some more. And maybe even more after that.
Fun place to work
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 January 2017
My job consisted of answering phones and troubleshooting customers problems. Remote connections were used if necessary. IO have learned a lot of neat trouble shooting methods and had a privilege to talk to people all around the world. Management is one area that they could improve. The only reason why is because it is always in transit. Workplace culture was very professional from dressing to health and safety. Most enjoyable part of the job is problem solving and critical thinking and the customer satisfaction at the end of the call. There was no hard parts about jobs.
Pros
good benefits, constant learning
Cons
minimum wage, very hard to move up
Everyday was different, every call was different
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 January 2017
I just tried to make the best of each call, and when you sucsessfully help a customer its a really good feeling, it was a very fast paced environment witch left me feeling comfortable. I enjoy staying busy.
The hardest part of the job was when I tried to work with hr to accomidate my schedule and situations I was having in my personal life.
Cons
short lunches and building had floors that you had to make time from your lunch to get back ontime
Stressful job but loved the people I worked with.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 January 2017
This job was stressful when dealing with angry customers unwilling to listen and also the push to sell things to customers was a lot. There is a lot to know but you get the hang of it over time. The one thing I was surprised and frustrated by was the lack of organization within the company, transferring customers was a nightmare half the time and getting support was sometimes difficult.
Nice place
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 January 2017
Sutherland had good workplace culture and mangers were very cooperative. They provide paid training. Coaches provide excellent training. Some time shift can we very stressful.
Pros
paid for the extra long calls
Cons
shift timings
Good place for entry level work opportunities
tax season consultant (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON23 January 2017
good place to gain valuable work experience
good training opportunities
clean work areas
great h&s comity
good place to meet new friends
good opportunity to travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutherland. Our community is ready to answer.