Sutherland Employee Reviews

productive work place if you are fine with the work stress
Consultant/ Resolution Specialist (Tech Support) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 May 2017
its just like life, you cant expect how it will turn later. they offer you 4 weeks of training and throw you to the angry disappointed customers. just remember not to take anything personally since you are not responsible for what happened.
Alot of promises not kept.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 May 2017
The job itself was very easy (I was always a top worker and asked to be promoted a lot but could not at the time due shift issues). I found the place to be very mismanaged and that was its downfall. They made alot of promises and we were told of bonuses that they did not end up giving, even tho we did what they asked of us. This happened numerous times. You would goto work...do a great job and feel cheated. The most enjoyable part of the job was the coworkers.
Pros
Had a couple free lunches.
Cons
Too many.
A hostile enviroment between employer and employee
Technical support agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 April 2017
I worked here for 10 yrs many of them Happy yrs but there was difficulty getting raises as well as advancing to different positions Training was not at the level I felt it needed to be the human resources dept. was not there for the worker's either I felt there were not supportive of there workers when the company didn't benefit. I was able to take the experience from my previous jobs involving customer service and apply them to My position at Sutherland making it an easy transition
Pros
easy job
Cons
Has to many rules that apply and dont apply dependinbg on the pearsonand department
Ok job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 April 2017
I worked here for a few years and it can really take a toll on you. I advanced up to a team runner, which you could consider like a supervisor. That job I didn't mind, but what I found is that management was more concerned with sales compared to building good customer service
Very productive environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mandeville, QC26 April 2017
I enjoyed working at Sutherland even though it was a very demanding job, because I was able to exceed customers expectations and helped my company advance. The HR department was very active in ensuring that we were treated with respect and showed how valuable we were to the company. My direct team leader was more than a team lead but a mentor, she was amazing and i would recommend Sutherland Global any day to a friend of family
Volatile
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 April 2017
The entire Company is based off of efficiency. To a degree that would not even be considered humane. The clients were disrespectful. The management was disrespectful. The hours were inconsistent. Job security was non existent. The only saving grace would be the incentives, which they would slowly take away as policies change. There were even timed washroom break during your shift, where the rest of the floor would see it, as it is being broadcast on large tv's. When your work there, they own you once you step in.
Pros
they sometime have food
Cons
the job is soul crushing.
Not that enjoyable
Customer Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 April 2017
Long hours listening to people yell at you. Beware,nice people but its a lot of work. Decent pay though. Happy to have quit that job, it was too stressful. If you start paying people more and maybe giving people more options on hours then its fine.
Interesting
Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 April 2017
I was there when they first opened so Im sure a lot of the kinks have been worked out since then (hopefully), but the company in the first stages was very unorganized and made promises that they could not keep
Learned a lot
Technical Support Representative for BlackBerry (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON13 April 2017
I've learned to be much mo flexible and utelize my skills. Things that Ive learned from here will be my pasage way to a better employee. Also, I wi be able to share to everyone
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Avoid this place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 April 2017
I used to be a customer service rep for about a year. I strongly recommend not to work for this company unless if you want to have lots of anxiety and breakdowns.

The coworkers and team leaders are amazing but the management doesn't really care if the promotions are not updated and the reps are taking the abuse from the customers because the reps aren't aware of anything new that the customers sees. Management knows but doesn't care

Huge lack of transparency.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Lack of transparency from management
Productive and fun working place
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Sault-Sainte-Marie, ON10 April 2017
“Good for start your career”
Good training, easy to getting your job done. Nice colleague. Management is organize. Supervisors help you in time and efficient. Insurance benefits...
Pros
Flexible Hours
Good job, just need a change of environment
French/English Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 April 2017
Good job, just needed a change of environment this job often requires you to be in an office working on a computer. Friendly and fast paced environment but ideally I'd like to work outside and with my hands.
6 years and counting
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 April 2017
I've worked for Sutherland in Windsor for six years, all for the same program. Originally I wasn't planning on staying too long, but at the two year mark a new program within my program opened and the job became awesome. Management has never been anything but good to me, and the people around me. People need to remember that management isn't there to be a friend, they're there to maintain order.

I absolutely love my job, I don't dread going into work in the morning, and I don't count the minutes until the end of my day. I've made some amazing friendships and connections on a personal and professional level as well.

If you're someone who is motivated to do well, you'll do well. If you're someone who constantly gets in your own way or has a chip on your shoulder, Sutherland won't be such a good fit for you.
Pros
People, Benefits, Job
Cons
Entitlement within unqualified consultants
Really hard job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 April 2017
The work environment is not that bad because the co-workers are nice but the amount of supervision is suffocating. There isn't a lot of consistency with the rules and some of the rules don't make sense because of the kind of environment it is. I feel like the job itself isn't that bad, it's just the extra unnecessary stuff they add to it that frustrates a lot of people. Plus, selling DirecTV.... never want to do that again.
it is a great place to work
Call centre representative (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON6 April 2017
sutherland is a wonderful place to work as long as you don't mind sitting for long periods of time. I truly did enjoy working there but could not sit that long.
Pros
they do a lot of things for their employees such as lunches and so on
Cons
sitting for that much time staring at a computer was a little to much for me
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 April 2017
if the calls didnt get to you than management did.
i could take calls all day fixing customers issues but management was just worried about sales. shoving it down our throats making it very high stress work enviroment to force people to buy products
Pros
commission
Cons
high pressure stress
Good job if you dont have one.
Inbound Technical Support ( for AT&T) (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 March 2017
You need to know at least something about computers to work here. If you dont you will hate the job. The more you know about technology the better. Dont apply if you dont.
Pros
Steady work, people are great that work with you, office environment is laid back.
Cons
Shift bid every 2-3 months has over 30 different shifts, you have to fill out priority from what you dont want to what you do, You may get one you dont like. It is dependant on your performance per month
Typical Call Centre
CSR (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON30 March 2017
Sutherland is a typical Call Centre and as such has many of the caveats of other similar workplaces. Training is 2 weeks in class followed by 2 weeks floor training for most campaigns. A day's work consists of showing up early to log into programs and being ready to take a constant stream of incoming calls and being ready to take breaks at specified times. The managesment is more number driven than teamwork oriented which is a downfall. Hardest part of the job the lack of excitement and redundant nature of the job.
At&t
Former Mobility Rep (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 March 2017
First: the really positive reviews here are fake. Some of them posted months apart use almost the same exact words.
Second: Sutherland itself...hr was not super helpful. Zero flexibility in schedule if you had extenuating circumstances. Unless you were a favourite.
Third: there was SO much favoritism. If you were a top performer they bent over backwards for you. If you were...the rest of us...they didn't care.
Fourth:AT&T programs were the worst. 5 weeks of training that can realistically only prepare you for a standard call. You learn most on the job with managers literally calling out to you that you're taking too long in the call. While other managers are yelling out other demands to the floor. Support was not nearly enough so getting help could take 10 minutes, then you're getting yelled at for time. Again. They would take away tools with no notice and expect you to have no issues suddenly doing the job with tools you were barely trained to use. Which brings us back to weak support. Pressure to sell was insane. I actually had stress dreams about the place nearly every night.
Summary: if you don't NEEEEED the job don't work there.
Pros
Sometimes customers were great. The occasional goid manager. Benefits
Cons
Everything else.
Blackberry is better than at&t
Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 March 2017
A&t is all about making money and not customer service. Blackberry was total opposite. It was more about customer service and not making money. At&t is a really stressful environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutherland. Our community is ready to answer.