Sutherland Employee Reviews

Negative workplace
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 June 2017
Poor management, angry clients and unpleasant workplace. High turn over rate. Low pay for such a high stress work environment. There is little to no opportunities to build a career.
Good but not great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 June 2017
a typical day at work starts off nice you get some nice calls but then it ends up going bad fast and if you do one thing wrong its your fault and you get yelled at the training wasnt good i use to love people people this job and this job is making me hate them the managers all yell at you want you to use your tools but if you are stuck they willnot help you cause they think you shoukd know how to use them even if your there a month
Pros
money
Cons
everything else
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 June 2017
Loved working here. I would love to work here again. Loved the people, it was like working with family every day. The typical day was talking to ATT customers about their bill which i loved. I would love to work for this company again.
Productive and fun working place
Technical Support Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 June 2017
Awesome experience. Very supportive and helping Team Managers and Team Coaches. Very Productive management. Enjoyable and fun work place culture. The most enjoyable job.
Sutherland Global Services
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 June 2017
Due to this being a 24-7 contact centre shifts varied and it was hard to plan anything. However I enjoyed working with the people there and made some great friends during my tenure.
Great place to start you carrier
Technical support specialist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CA31 May 2017
Depends on the day
Communications
Time management
Great workplace culture
Needs much patience
you always have your coaches with you to guide you through!
Benefits
Cons
Long calls
Good for a starter
Supervisor/Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 May 2017
This job is decent for some people, awesome for others, I worked there 7 years, seen good and bad.

Answering phones for many different companies, meeting a ton of new people.
Pros
nice chairs?
Cons
demanding but depends on your program
learning and fun place
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 May 2017
best place to work , learn and excel . there are always new things to learn and new opportunities to grow , there management system is great and good workplace ethics .
Productive and supportive workplace
TECH SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 May 2017
My position was tech support which was related with customer care support about AT&T Internet, TV, and Phone. I learned many troubleshooting tools they use.
Unorganized
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 May 2017
I worked there and they changed my schedual and didn't tell me. some of my programs weren't working yet and they knew this I was at them every day to fix it but they didn't and I wasn't able to view my schedual, they knew this but they fired me anyways even though my stats were 100%
productive work place if you are fine with the work stress
Consultant/ Resolution Specialist (Tech Support) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 May 2017
its just like life, you cant expect how it will turn later. they offer you 4 weeks of training and throw you to the angry disappointed customers. just remember not to take anything personally since you are not responsible for what happened.
Alot of promises not kept.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 May 2017
The job itself was very easy (I was always a top worker and asked to be promoted a lot but could not at the time due shift issues). I found the place to be very mismanaged and that was its downfall. They made alot of promises and we were told of bonuses that they did not end up giving, even tho we did what they asked of us. This happened numerous times. You would goto work...do a great job and feel cheated. The most enjoyable part of the job was the coworkers.
Pros
Had a couple free lunches.
Cons
Too many.
A hostile enviroment between employer and employee
Technical support agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 April 2017
I worked here for 10 yrs many of them Happy yrs but there was difficulty getting raises as well as advancing to different positions Training was not at the level I felt it needed to be the human resources dept. was not there for the worker's either I felt there were not supportive of there workers when the company didn't benefit. I was able to take the experience from my previous jobs involving customer service and apply them to My position at Sutherland making it an easy transition
Pros
easy job
Cons
Has to many rules that apply and dont apply dependinbg on the pearsonand department
Ok job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 April 2017
I worked here for a few years and it can really take a toll on you. I advanced up to a team runner, which you could consider like a supervisor. That job I didn't mind, but what I found is that management was more concerned with sales compared to building good customer service
Very productive environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mandeville, QC26 April 2017
I enjoyed working at Sutherland even though it was a very demanding job, because I was able to exceed customers expectations and helped my company advance. The HR department was very active in ensuring that we were treated with respect and showed how valuable we were to the company. My direct team leader was more than a team lead but a mentor, she was amazing and i would recommend Sutherland Global any day to a friend of family
Volatile
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 April 2017
The entire Company is based off of efficiency. To a degree that would not even be considered humane. The clients were disrespectful. The management was disrespectful. The hours were inconsistent. Job security was non existent. The only saving grace would be the incentives, which they would slowly take away as policies change. There were even timed washroom break during your shift, where the rest of the floor would see it, as it is being broadcast on large tv's. When your work there, they own you once you step in.
Pros
they sometime have food
Cons
the job is soul crushing.
Not that enjoyable
Customer Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 April 2017
Long hours listening to people yell at you. Beware,nice people but its a lot of work. Decent pay though. Happy to have quit that job, it was too stressful. If you start paying people more and maybe giving people more options on hours then its fine.
Interesting
Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 April 2017
I was there when they first opened so Im sure a lot of the kinks have been worked out since then (hopefully), but the company in the first stages was very unorganized and made promises that they could not keep
Learned a lot
Technical Support Representative for BlackBerry (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON13 April 2017
I've learned to be much mo flexible and utelize my skills. Things that Ive learned from here will be my pasage way to a better employee. Also, I wi be able to share to everyone
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Avoid this place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 April 2017
I used to be a customer service rep for about a year. I strongly recommend not to work for this company unless if you want to have lots of anxiety and breakdowns.

The coworkers and team leaders are amazing but the management doesn't really care if the promotions are not updated and the reps are taking the abuse from the customers because the reps aren't aware of anything new that the customers sees. Management knows but doesn't care

Huge lack of transparency.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Lack of transparency from management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutherland. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval