Sutherland Employee Reviews

compilemts
Customer Service/Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 November 2017
-really enjoyed the experience they offered
-the employees and staff where amazing to work with
-would still work for them
-great atmosphere to work
-Dealing with customers {enjoyable)
Pros
helping customers with there inquires
Cons
location
Good people to work with, Can gain a lot of friends.
Tier 3 Technical Back Office Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 November 2017
You can meet a lot of great people here, and find some very great friends if you can put aside the constant stress from coaches and managers harassing you about metrics that may not be in your control but in the control of the people you have contact with. I have learned a lot from here from being able to supervise a group of 40 individuals to the time management skills for an extremely fast paced environment with constant changes to process.
Pros
Its a job, it pays the bills.
Cons
constant stress
time brings you here
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 October 2017
good place to earn quick job and score some customer service experience, management sucks to find your growth among the institution and ends up being sheep in the herd.
Pros
downtown workplace
Cons
h/rappy management
I Love My Job
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 October 2017
I've worked at Sutherland for over 6 years. I have the support of my management who are consistently willing to work with me and develop my own leadership. I am currently a member of the lower leadership tiers, and love every minute of it.
Pros
Supportive Management
Cons
Long Days
Good for beginners
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ernakulam21 October 2017
As a beginner it gives ample opportunity to get connected with peers in the section. The management is good and friendly. Since, it is a BPO company, only problem would be one has to work night shift.
Pros
Relaxed working atmosphere
Cons
Remuneration is not attractive
Sutherland is essentially a cult
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 October 2017
It's a job, yes. It has benefits, yes. It's not hard.

But it's more like a cult.

Former employees would understand. The job eats up your life, you can really only socialize with other employees. The Coaches and managers expect you to treat them like gods. Minor advances are really more work with very little pay for a reward. There's very little time inbetween calls, EVERYTHING is monitored. Even though the job is not hard, it's extremely emotionally draining.

If you leave Sutherland, expect to lose all your friends until they quit, eventually.
Good Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 October 2017
it's a good Job for building communication skills. When mobility was not focused on sales. It was a fun relaxing job. When they turned into sales it became very stressful environment for others that were not skilled in sales, so make sure you have excellent customer service sales skills.
Pros
Dealing with many customers
Cons
not enough flexibility
Welcoming
sales (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 October 2017
I admired working here because of the people. It was fast-paced and sometimes it can get overwhelming taking in peoples problems but it was always rewarding to accomplish an issue. The environment was enjoyable too.
loved everything about it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sault-Sainte-Marie, ON4 October 2017
sutherland was the best place everyone was really friendly and you were able to talk to the workers and ask for time off if you needed it for appoiments and that and they would make up the hours you missed they are great to work for
SGS in Windsor
Uverse Field Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 September 2017
Not a bad company to start off with if you are willing to work 24/7/365 and adapt to their schedule. A typical day would start off with angry customers screaming and yelling at you, but if you can handle that you get promoted within the company.
Pros
Free food coffee
Cons
It's a good company for people who can't find a job
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 September 2017
It depends on which department you work in. If you can't tolerate being yelled at by Americans daily, then it's not for you, however, it's a good place to start at when you can't find a job in your field.
If you like answering angry customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 September 2017
Boring, management stated that you can't be on the phone too long - yet you need to solve every issue otherwise you're rated terribly and unfairly. Several times I'd be the person dealing with the last call in the queue, where everyone would leave me on the floor. The staff areas were really depressing and most of the time, there was a terrible odour (food, people, feet). Don't accept a customer care position, they're underpaid and everyone cold transfers them to us. We get the bad reviews and have no grounds for in-store problems.
Terrible environment, management not good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 September 2017
This was the worst place I've ever worked. Management was terrible, the job was hard and the company expected so much of you but only paid you a cheap student wage. Definitely not worth the stress but worth the experience.
worse workplace ever
Inbound Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 September 2017
this company is one that only cares about sales rather than its own employees. schedules are horrible, managers are condescending and half of the supervisors are on drugs. If you want to be forced to stay on the phone with a creeps, and be inappropriately spoken to by your male managers; this is your place! Your are not allowed to sit with your friends, your breaks and bathroom times are broadcasted to the entire floor and you are never approved for vacation days that you LEGALLY are allowed to take. This job is the unethical and unlawful job you can ever have and its a job that makes you sit and get verbally abused by rednecks.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, poor communication
Good place to work temporarily, not a place to build a career
AT&T Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 September 2017
You have no say in scheduling unless you can provide a mountain of paperwork as to why you need certain hours, terrible work and life balance, benefits package is decent but pay is not worth the stress of the job. Terrible communication between management, I left due to medical reasons, providing documentation and receiving an OK before leaving only to receive an email from HR days later regarding my alleged "Job Abandonment" and documenting their apparent attempts to contact me-none of which were received by me.
Decent for a place to work if you're in between jobs, but not somewhere that is worth staying for the long haul.
Secure
Customer service/Sales/Tech support (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON1 September 2017
Sutherland is a reliable place to work and is a good stepping stone to a future career. Advancement is also possible and the benefits are good. I would recommend this job to anyone looking to get started with a stable job.
na
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 August 2017
I have mixed feelings about this workplace. I do currently work here, but am on a medical leave.. That I was supposed to return from already.. ........
Incentive netball
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mandeville, QC19 August 2017
Consult with customers on a daily bases provide them with information about there services. If customer would purchase new services or wireless phone.
It was a job
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON15 August 2017
Job itself wasn't all that bad. It taught you customer service and how to utilize their databases.
It paid ok and the bonuses were great around the holidays.
I did however find them very accomodating when it came to needing time off for family reasons, so that really great of them.
Work under pressure
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 August 2017
Stressful environment. The schedule is flexible but its a fast paced call center. You learn database software and polish your customer service skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutherland. Our community is ready to answer.