Sutherland Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 January 2017
My job consisted of answering phones and troubleshooting customers problems. Remote connections were used if necessary. IO have learned a lot of neat trouble shooting methods and had a privilege to talk to people all around the world. Management is one area that they could improve. The only reason why is because it is always in transit. Workplace culture was very professional from dressing to health and safety. Most enjoyable part of the job is problem solving and critical thinking and the customer satisfaction at the end of the call. There was no hard parts about jobs.
Pros
good benefits, constant learning
Cons
minimum wage, very hard to move up
Fast paced - never a dull moment
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 January 2017
Clear targets and goals - with accessible friendly managers. Lots to learn on the job although there is paid training too. Career advancement opportunities for people who aspire to go for it. keep busy for the whole shift so it goes by fast. The worst part of the job is the customers. But once you realize you are the complaint department and learn how to manage the call its not bad at all! the customers love you once you fix their complaint! I love the people I work with, but that's me. if I didn't then I would find a place where I did.
Pros
friendly managers, thorough training, ongoing learning, medical dental and vision benefits for every level available.
Cons
cranky customers pretty much most of the time.
awesome benefits yet bad employee relation and communication with employer
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON14 December 2016
Training does not fully apply to tools used to do the job. you must be able to self learn. Coaches will go over new tools in a matter of minutes and tell you to start using it. Be careful Don't make errors after your 3 months, a coach will talk to you but that is basically letting you know without saying " been nice working with you". they don't help correct issues or direct you in how to avoid making the error again. it is you did this and now you are gone.

Co-workers are great people,
for a Call Center best customer , very few customers yell or swear at you.

Management: will not talk to you unless you go though a coach and then to coach's supervisor, before you get to management.
Pros
friendly customers, good pay, good benifits
Cons
watch your back, follow rules 100%, never change voice level no matter what they tell you.
Enjoyable job with great coworkers
TIER 2 TECH SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 February 2017
This job came with many challenged but it also gave me the opportunity to work on my workplace skills such as patience, how to handle unsatisfied customers, and work under high times of stress.
Pros
Free food, job security
Cons
long hours, management issues
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 March 2017
I started working here over a year ago and originally wasnt planning on staying long from the rumors I had heard. But the management is great always willing to help you succeed and many nice and friendly coworkers. I still work there as the environment is great and I'm getting great experience with customer service. Pay is good and so is the benefits
Pros
Optional overtime is available, great people to work with.
Cons
Full time and has benefits other than that place was very difficult to work at.
Inbound Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 September 2016
The only good thing about this place is it is full time with benefits. The management treated everyone poorly unless you were making good sales. I would never recommend this place to anyone. Co workers were miserable because they didnt like there job.
Pros
full benefits
Cons
long hours, have to work all holidays, poor management
not worth it
sales (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 January 2017
Very horrible place to work, im honestly suprised there are good reviews on here as i had worked for sutherland for about 2 years and have never ever heard a single co worker say anything positive about working there, only how much they want to leave and find another job. First off they have extremely high expectations for new hires... you have about 30 days or so on the sales floor to perform perfectly and hit targets, if you dont you are put on a 30 day plan to basically be top notch perfect or you get fired. Second managment plays favorites, if you dont become a top performer or if you dont suck up to managment they will find any small reason to fire you. Lastly everyday you get verbally abused by customers for pay that is a joke, pay should be way more than what they offer.
Call center job
Technical support/ Customer service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 January 2017
This job does have great benefits and there are alot of opportunity to move up ward in this company. It was a good job for the time being but the management team is very hard to get a hold of. This job is for people who can handle harassment every day.
Political Conflicts but Stable job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 July 2016
In training you learn a little, and it's more hands on experience. The computers in the training room are beyond slow and used to test your patience. Once you head on the production floor it's a different environment. You'll meet some good people, but never trust anyone as trust is a big issue. Management may promise you a lot, until you start doing well, then they may favour others over you, which mean favoritism is a big issue. Doesn't matter how much you perform, they keep saying it's your performance, meanwhile when you look at the numbers it's not, it's hand picked on who get's to be promoted, which is very unfair and definitely explains the ratings. Previous program(s), they have you write tests and they try to play a good role with feedback, but the truth, is determined if the coaches like you they'll choose you. The current program I'm in works the opposite, it's HAND picked over paperwork. Hence I have absolutely no respect to the ones who are incharged in making this decision. They say "It's you" meanwhile ask anyone working there, it's not YOU, it's THEM. Don't get me wrong, they provide good benefits, parking space and have very friendly staff.
Pros
Free Parking, Friendly environment, and outgoing people.
Cons
Lots of favoritism, unappreciative approach and work politics.
good
Technical Customer Consultant (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 February 2017
confined space
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sault-Sainte-Marie, ON16 November 2016
the building is like a big box that your enclosed on. there is really no pay raise of any kind. a typical work day is drawn out, with customers yelling at you because they broke their services. the most enjoyable part of the job is playing on a computer.
Working at S Global
Technical support representative (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC5 December 2016
Pretty good people to work with. Greater freedom than in most call centers. Work from home positions are great. Raises every year.
Pros
work from home positions
Cons
poor pay
inbound calls- sales representative
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 July 2016
Sutherland management is very bad. They don't pay your commissions if you miss one single sale out of the monthly parameters, which changes every single month.
They will locally get rid of any old employees after 2 years, in order to save money. They will take a new employee, so they can get the government bonus for hiring people receiving social assistant.

Supervisor never help troubleshooting and they are very rude. They never know how to help and basically leave you on your own.
Pros
some benefits
Cons
sales commission changes every month.
Sutherland Global Serives
Customer Service Representative / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  500 Ouelette Ave. Windsor, ON20 March 2016
A typical day at work is helping or assisting fellow co-workers with customers, when customers request for a supervisor for further assistance I make sure their issue is resolved.

Learned from management and co-workers to go above and beyond for the customer and empathize with them to understand where are they coming from. In addition to learn and excel to new software and systems to better the customer service experience.

The hardest part of the job when the systems don't work as efficient as they should, but I look at that aspect as positive because it makes me think better on my feet and think more outside the box, to assist the customer.

The most enjoyable part of the job is, my co-workers are a joy to work with and they're very much team players and the feeling that I resolved all the customer's questions and concerns.
Pros
full benefits
Cons
no room for moving up in the company/no promotions
Straight forward do your job, follow procedure
Technical Support, Blackberry Program (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 March 2017
if your looking for a student job this is a good place to work, they provide paid training. it is a fast environment as you have hundreds of calls coming in with issues to be solved or provide assistance with up-selling.
Pros
good benefits for sudents
Cons
not such a secure job as company's come and go
Productive & Great oppurtunity.
Phone Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 March 2017
Great job overall , Was there for about 4 months but had some family issues going on so I didn't quit nor get fired I can go back and get my chair back but just seeing what else is out there .
Pros
long lunch, felt as if seond family, fun days, benfits & upgrades on monthly cheques
Cons
long training hours maxium 7 weeks, horrible customers alot of the time
Flexible, fun work environment
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 October 2016
I worked at Sutherland Global Services for almost 3 years and during that time I learned a lot, and met a lot of people. I learned different computer skills as well as how to use several different computer programs. It helped me gain more customer service experience as well as how to be apart of a team and how to lead a team. Management is really good and will help you achieve your goals. They also are very flexible with your schedule and work with you if things going on outside of work.
Classical Organization
Customer Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 September 2016
Poorly run organization with classical management style and very little room for advancement. It provides a great opportunity to earn quick money since they are constantly recruiting due to the high turnover of staff
Low wages, horrible.
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 February 2017
A low wage, horrible place to work, with 9 hour shifts. They want to make sure that you don't have time to look for a decent job, so they won't let you go after 8 hours.

They list your salary around 26,000 per year but they're including benefits. In reality you'll make maybe 1,500 plus per month.
Pros
None.
Cons
Almost everything.
Alright place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 August 2016
It's a soul sucking job, but it pays and they have full time with benefits. The pay is mediocre, and I wasn't there long enough to have benefits. The management is hit or miss, but the managers are usually as miserable as you are working there. Customers are often verbally abusive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutherland. Our community is ready to answer.