Sutherland Employee Reviews

Welcoming
sales (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 October 2017
I admired working here because of the people. It was fast-paced and sometimes it can get overwhelming taking in peoples problems but it was always rewarding to accomplish an issue. The environment was enjoyable too.
loved everything about it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sault-Sainte-Marie, ON4 October 2017
sutherland was the best place everyone was really friendly and you were able to talk to the workers and ask for time off if you needed it for appoiments and that and they would make up the hours you missed they are great to work for
SGS in Windsor
Uverse Field Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 September 2017
Not a bad company to start off with if you are willing to work 24/7/365 and adapt to their schedule. A typical day would start off with angry customers screaming and yelling at you, but if you can handle that you get promoted within the company.
Pros
Free food coffee
Cons
It's a good company for people who can't find a job
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 September 2017
It depends on which department you work in. If you can't tolerate being yelled at by Americans daily, then it's not for you, however, it's a good place to start at when you can't find a job in your field.
If you like answering angry customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 September 2017
Boring, management stated that you can't be on the phone too long - yet you need to solve every issue otherwise you're rated terribly and unfairly. Several times I'd be the person dealing with the last call in the queue, where everyone would leave me on the floor. The staff areas were really depressing and most of the time, there was a terrible odour (food, people, feet). Don't accept a customer care position, they're underpaid and everyone cold transfers them to us. We get the bad reviews and have no grounds for in-store problems.
Terrible environment, management not good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 September 2017
This was the worst place I've ever worked. Management was terrible, the job was hard and the company expected so much of you but only paid you a cheap student wage. Definitely not worth the stress but worth the experience.
worse workplace ever
Inbound Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 September 2017
this company is one that only cares about sales rather than its own employees. schedules are horrible, managers are condescending and half of the supervisors are on drugs. If you want to be forced to stay on the phone with a creeps, and be inappropriately spoken to by your male managers; this is your place! Your are not allowed to sit with your friends, your breaks and bathroom times are broadcasted to the entire floor and you are never approved for vacation days that you LEGALLY are allowed to take. This job is the unethical and unlawful job you can ever have and its a job that makes you sit and get verbally abused by rednecks.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, poor communication
Good place to work temporarily, not a place to build a career
AT&T Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 September 2017
You have no say in scheduling unless you can provide a mountain of paperwork as to why you need certain hours, terrible work and life balance, benefits package is decent but pay is not worth the stress of the job. Terrible communication between management, I left due to medical reasons, providing documentation and receiving an OK before leaving only to receive an email from HR days later regarding my alleged "Job Abandonment" and documenting their apparent attempts to contact me-none of which were received by me.
Decent for a place to work if you're in between jobs, but not somewhere that is worth staying for the long haul.
Secure
Customer service/Sales/Tech support (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON1 September 2017
Sutherland is a reliable place to work and is a good stepping stone to a future career. Advancement is also possible and the benefits are good. I would recommend this job to anyone looking to get started with a stable job.
na
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 August 2017
I have mixed feelings about this workplace. I do currently work here, but am on a medical leave.. That I was supposed to return from already.. ........
Incentive netball
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mandeville, QC19 August 2017
Consult with customers on a daily bases provide them with information about there services. If customer would purchase new services or wireless phone.
It was a job
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON15 August 2017
Job itself wasn't all that bad. It taught you customer service and how to utilize their databases.
It paid ok and the bonuses were great around the holidays.
I did however find them very accomodating when it came to needing time off for family reasons, so that really great of them.
Work under pressure
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 August 2017
Stressful environment. The schedule is flexible but its a fast paced call center. You learn database software and polish your customer service skills.
jobs sucks
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON7 August 2017
They dictate schedule 247 and your job changes often. It's like a revolving door with people. but other than that it's easy and mostly peaceful. but sometimes can change quick
Pros
easy
Cons
boring
Great people and good hours
UVERSE BACK OFFICE SUPPORT TEAM (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 August 2017
I've learned a lot from my employment at sutherland.

The general daily routine consists of taking inbound contacts, documenting cases and resolving issues.

Management is quite accommodating and has their employees best interest in mind when making business decisions.

The workplace is great, the people are fun, and I look forward to going in daily.

Hardest part of the job would be maintaining organization as you're dealing with several customer issues at once.

Best part of my job is the people I work with.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Some stressful contacts
Have to have a thick skin
Consultant/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 July 2017
Call center environment is very stressful. To many unfair policies and rules in regards to taking calls and dealing with bad customers. Managers weren't willing to do there jobs. Training is not suited for the types of calls you deal with.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Long hours, bad policies, bad managment
Typical Day at sutherland.
Consultant/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON24 July 2017
Boring and monotanous work, I learned how to de-escalate angry customers. Management makes it very apparent that they are there to help the company and not the workers.
Pros
Higher than minimum wage
Cons
Management makes little to no attempt to work with you
Unsatisfing work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 July 2017
I would not recommend this job to anyone I know the stress level from upper management is to much to handle it honestly has nothing to do with the customers it has to do with management and work environments
Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 July 2017
Was able to learn a lot of things:
Clear communication and right tone key to better customer service,
Managers and coaches were supportive, always help you to improve.
An excellent customer service organisation
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 July 2017
Sutherland Global Services is mainly a customer service oriented organization. The many tools they have at their disposal are aimed at making life easier for the customer and the technical consultant attending to the customer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutherland. Our community is ready to answer.