Sutherland Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Functional Specialist (Quality) - Voice (Former Employee) –  Cochin, SK17 January 2018
Very good place to work. Friendly management team, flexible working hours and very good job culture are the high lights. Job advancement was the only low light.
Pros
Free transportation
not the best place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 January 2018
terrible place to work. They never cared about the employees. The hours were decent in the department I worked but the bosses do not care. I felt like just another number to make them money
Stressful place to work
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 January 2018
You're just a number at Sutherland.

I was hired when mobility customer service was transitioning to full on sales. Unrealistic sales goals. They listened to your calls and if you did not say the exact words when offering a sale they penalized your or threatened to write you up. American companies are full on about sales but it's no way to treat employees like dirt if your meeting goals or struggling to meet them. This is why they have a high amount of ppl going in and out there. It was the most stressful job I had. The more your team sold the better shifts you got. I was on afternoons working weekends for like 8 months. It was unfair treatment. I am so happy I got out when I did. I was there for a year but I was desperate for a full time job with benefits. I hated my life. The only positive..I made some friends while working there.

Until the management and HR realize that employees are more important than sales and unrealistic goals their company will have the worst reputation and declining employee rate.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Unfair scheduling. No flexibility. Unrealistic goals.
First job ever
Customer Service Representative at Amazon.com (Former Employee) –  Philippines10 January 2018
I love this job because it's the very first job I had.I feel like I immediately belong in the company because of the people I worked with. Best experience ever!
It was okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON10 January 2018
Contract was a lot shorter than was said in the interview. Training was far too long for the actual work its self. This location was clean and the supporting staff were competent.
Decent
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 January 2018
Okay job - can be difficult at times due to the constant changes with att products. Very busy during certain stretches and the expectations are high in terms of call volume and sales
Easy going atmosphere allowing a group effort in resolving the problems that were called in for in the first place
Blackberry Server Technical Suppot (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 January 2018
Job provides daily learning through trouble shooting a variety of issues related to customer service within an IT environment. The environment provides a relaxed atmosphere providing the opportunity to engage the client releasing the stress in relation to the issues at hand. Doing so allows communication with peers to resolve the issue in a timely manner.
Pros
comfortable working environment.
Cons
limited opportunity for advancement
not a good place to work
Customer Service/Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 January 2018
very demanding they try to take away rights of employees by telling if they wouldn't work holidays they could be fired had no respect for employees long hours of sitting a lot of unacceptable behaviour from management. a very cold place to work
Pros
there were no pros except you got paid
Cons
work ok management not ok
Decent Work Experience
Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mandeville Jamaica5 January 2018
Managers need to be more properly trained. Managers tend to slack and increase your work load due to their laziness. Able to work with fun/energetic people. Opportunities available to elevate your self through leadership programs.
it was a job
Software Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON4 January 2018
just a job at time

it was a call center

nothing to say

people called in for help on the dell products
dunno what else to say
it was 8 years ago I cant remember anything esle
Pros
jjust a job
Cons
call center
Silly mistakes
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 January 2018
I quite enjoyed my time at Sutherland, despite being penalized for following doctor orders. The work was hard but enjoyable. I wish I had taken it more seriously.
long days
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON18 December 2017
long hours great pay enjoyment of people some customers can gwet out of hand but it is a quiet and steady place to work, some days would go quick other would go slow all depending how the chats went.
it was alright
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 December 2017
its an alright job, has goood benefits, and there is opportunity for advancement as well as commission bonus that are available and lots of overtime...
Don't ever work here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 November 2017
Working at Sutherland is like working for free. They treat their workers like they do not matter while it reality we are doing ALL the work. It's a environment where you're liked based on if you go out with them, drink and party. Not professional at all, they push you, yell at you to do sales then don't give you your sales promotion. Just a bad environment.
Productive and fun workplace
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 November 2017
Was difficult at first but after gaining a few weeks of experience things began to go smoothly and someone was always there to help when work got tough.
friendly environment
Technical support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 November 2017
even though Sutherland has a friendly environment and management tries to assist all day and HR organizes various activities day to day, its not a job to take if u want your career to increase. there is not much scope for promotion for atleast 10 years
compilemts
Customer Service/Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 November 2017
-really enjoyed the experience they offered
-the employees and staff where amazing to work with
-would still work for them
-great atmosphere to work
-Dealing with customers {enjoyable)
Pros
helping customers with there inquires
Cons
location
Good people to work with, Can gain a lot of friends.
Tier 3 Technical Back Office Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 November 2017
You can meet a lot of great people here, and find some very great friends if you can put aside the constant stress from coaches and managers harassing you about metrics that may not be in your control but in the control of the people you have contact with. I have learned a lot from here from being able to supervise a group of 40 individuals to the time management skills for an extremely fast paced environment with constant changes to process.
Pros
Its a job, it pays the bills.
Cons
constant stress
time brings you here
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 October 2017
good place to earn quick job and score some customer service experience, management sucks to find your growth among the institution and ends up being sheep in the herd.
Pros
downtown workplace
Cons
h/rappy management
I Love My Job
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 October 2017
I've worked at Sutherland for over 6 years. I have the support of my management who are consistently willing to work with me and develop my own leadership. I am currently a member of the lower leadership tiers, and love every minute of it.
Pros
Supportive Management
Cons
Long Days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutherland. Our community is ready to answer.