Sutherland Global Services

Sutherland Global Services Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good interim job
AT&T U-Verse/BlackBerry Tech Support (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 7, 2012
Good job to have between jobs
Good lunch breaks
Wii game system if stressed
not a very good place to work.
Customer Service Representative/ Technical Support (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 3, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: short lunch
My daily tasks was to help customers with the filling of their taxes. I developed an active listening skills, and good management. The co-workers were great. the hardest part of my jobs was dealing with customers who knew nothing about computers leading them through the software was not easy. the most enjoyable part of my job was lunch time.
sutherland, the world of a call centre
Customer Sales/Service Representative (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONMay 24, 2012
Pros: sales bonus, prizes
Cons: no schedual flexability
Going to work at a call center you are never sure what to expect when you go in for your shift, you may have a great day or a bad day. your co-workers were just like high school girls, gossip and rumors every time you turn around.. management were also included in this some times.
for many calls weather you be calling the customer or new customers or – more... they are calling you, they started the call off by yelling and swearing at you. I can say that i have been sworn at and told off in every language. There are some customers however are very polite and will even make a joke with you.
The hardest part is the unhappy people yelling at you from the other line, and the enjoyable part is making new friends around you. – less
Fast paced environment
Inbound Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Windsor,onMay 22, 2012
Answering billing and sales calls for AT&T Southeast.
The hardest part of the job is making sales.
I enjoyed talking to many different people
Everyday is something different
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee), Windsor OntarioMay 2, 2012
Pros: great support staff
Cons: long hours
Sutherland Global Services is a very High paced environment.
I was able to complete all SGS offered LEAD courses and also completed my yellow belt in six sigma prior to my departure.
With my position I was working one on one with our clients to ensure they were provided with any data they may request or plan for upcoming training. The most enjoyable – more... part of my position was the daily interactions with the employee's working on the production floor. – less
Not as bad as people say, as long as you do your job.
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 30, 2012
Pros: the people.
Cons: the management
I know a lot of people refer Sutherland to "where the devil lives" (It won't let me put it in... you can figure it out), but in reality, as long as you stay out of the basic office drama, and do your job of course, its a great place to work. I would work here again if I could.
Penny Pinching ownership
Facilities Team Lead (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 26, 2012
Pros: can't think of any at this moment
Cons: very cheap ownership
This company is run by a U.S based management that refuses to put any money back into the Canadian operations, and is ALWAYS looking for ways to save a buck. Facillities manager refused to purchase any equipment ( vacuums, carpet shampooer,floor sweeper)needed to maintain the facillities in a clean, healthy enviroment due to in his words budgetary restraints.This – more... made both facillities look dirty which caused many complaints from employees, to which we had to answer we were sorry but we were doing the best we could with what we had to work with. After awhile I could no longer accept the way management expected the under paid janitorial staff to try and clean these places without proper equipment and I had to resign my position and move on to another company. I have never seen so many female employees crying in the stairwells or outside as I saw at Sutherland due to pressure being put on them by thier managers to do better at thier job. This company goes through employees so fast that they never stop having training sessions for new employees – less
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 16, 2012
Pros: great employees.
Cons: sometimes boring and repetitive.
This company was great to work for. I learned a lot from the people around me. Salary was horrible.
Not a typical place to work unless you need the money
Customer Service Representative - Team Lead (Current Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: ability to generate income through hardwork
Cons: management has no control of employees
I worked for Sutherland, great co-workers with spotty management. Management doesn't really care too much for employees and there is obvious favoritism towards most employees. Once again, it's a great place to work if you really, I mean really, need the money.
did not really like this job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 18, 2014
I really did not like this job because everyone was so rude even when you tried to help the only thing that I enjoyed was the experience that I have learned with the computers and customer service skills.
My Favorite job!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: great if your into computers
I loved this job! It's perfect if you are into computers or would like a job that's a little more laid back.
This job requires excellent customer service skills and a very positive attitude. you need to be computer oriented.
Productive and knowledgable.
Sr. TSO (Former Employee), chennaiSeptember 17, 2014
• Identify, troubleshoot, and analyze computer related issues. Determine appropriate course of action, and conduct repairs, modifications, and upgrade internal components and peripherals as needed.
• Determine appropriate file system FAT, FAT32, NTFS Install and configure Operating Systems, patches and upgrades.
• Install and configure software applications, – more... and electronic mail.
• Install Network Interface Cards NIC s . Setup bindings, IP addresses, DNS configurations. Operate, and maintain Local Area Network LAN connectivity using TCP/IP protocol.
• Service and Maintain microcomputer systems, including inspect, clean, test, run scandisk, defragment hard drives, and update antiviral programs to maintain performance and security. – less
It was fun
Consultant (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: great environment, management, etc
Cons: lack of refreshments, low salary.
It was ok. customer service skills. management was good. Co-worker were good. hardest part was to tell the customer of his mistake.
Possibilities
Consultant (Former Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: micro managment
Some programs offer opportunities for a lot of overtime. Most are overly strict and the employees are micro managed.
sales
AT&T Mobility Sales and Service (Former Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 15, 2014
nothing good to say
managers are all for them self's
learned about the pyrimid scam
A very good place to work with
Non- Technical support executive (Former Employee), Kochi, KLSeptember 11, 2014
was very enjoyable and I could develop all my skills, confidence and technical efficiency.
Productive and compensation for shift extension
Senior Technical Support Executive (Former Employee), Chennai, TNSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: overtime always
Flexible work environment, freedom to explore imagination and creativity

hardest part: shift extension

enjoyable part: adorable compensation for shift extension
BPO who only cares about their clients
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Rochester NySeptember 2, 2014
Cons: everythings
Sutherland has a toxic culture where metrics mean more than the employees. Pay rates, benefits and bonuses (lack of) are the worst in the industry, while they pocket the difference and use it to further the culture with things like digital signage and manager dinners to show how great Sutherland is. While the employees don't make a living wage and a – more... discouraged from second jobs to make up the difference. – less
Good opportunity for the fresher to built up the Career.
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee), Kochi, KLSeptember 2, 2014
even though i had only worked for a short period in Sutherland Global Services , i would say its a Good place for the fresher to built up the Career.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Consultant/Quality Assurance Apprentice (Former Employee), Tarlac City, P03September 1, 2014
Pros: over time, friendly co-workers
Cons: short breaks, pantry issues
I audited calls by logging in to my tools. I also do coaching and reports. I have learned a lot of things in dealing with other people in our workplace. As the saying goes, "You cannot please everybody", however, you can do your best and be nice in order for other people to respect you. I am really happy with our Management because they are always there – more... to support and motivate me. They are really great! And I also get along with my co-workers. Most of them are my friends. I cannot say that I have experienced a hardest part of my job, instead I consider it as challenging. That is when we have our peak season. I have to complete all my tasks every week: auditing, doing reports, coaching, attend the weekly business review, attend calibration, floor walk, Supervisor call and such. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to know a lot of people and also impart the knowledge that I have regarding the product. – less

About Sutherland Global Services

Established in 1986, Sutherland Global Services is a global provider of business process and technology management services offering – Read more

Sutherland Global Services Photos