Sutherland Global Services

Sutherland Global Services Employee Reviews

productive fun environment
AT&T Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 May 2016
responsible for making sales on each phone call and resolving any customer complaints or issues.
Hardest part is understanding customers of different cultures and what they want.
Nice workplace.
Customer Service/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 July 2015
On a typical day, there is music in the room with several people talking on phones all at once. Gets pretty noisy sometimes and you have to explain to clients about the background noises. I learned a new level of patience and tolerance I did not know I had before. Management is OK. Co-workers are pleasant with each other, but hardly have the time to actually get to know each other. The hardest part of the job was being insulted by clients who are not satisfied with company services. There are those days when you feel wretched for clients you are not able to help the way they want. Plus, the system of evaluating employees was kind of unfair. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to go above and beyond for a client and knowing you had made an impact on them or their lives.
Pros
Free launches every now and then.
Cons
Long hours, little support, low pay.
fun and productive fast paced environment with fun corner.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  kingston, ja4 August 2016
Sutherland is fun place to work with daily activities to keep off the pressure. reliable and fun leaders. a place where an individual can grow personally and professionally.
Work
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  500 Ouellette Ave, Windsor, ON N9A 1B324 June 2016
Sutherland global services helped to grow my communication skill with the customers. This job taught me how to be patient and so polite towards the customers. I personally believe that conveying something to a person is not that easy so being a customer representative this job taught me how to communicate and convey the message well with the person in the way that they would understand.
Pros
free food in special occassion
Cons
Long hour shift
good beginners job
Self help, reset password chat consultant (Former Employee) –  Sault-Sainte-Marie, ON16 August 2016
- Sustained customer satisfaction
- Protected personal information
- Aided in self help

learn to be very patient when explaining over a computer.
Pros
incentives of free dress down days
Cons
lots of sitting and looking at a screen
stressful, long hours.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 February 2016
stressful, little room for advancement, no balance between work & personal life, long hours.

Some of your peers are an enjoyable part of the job.
Good environment to work in.
Tech Support agent (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON3 May 2016
Lots of overtime to bank on.
Paid bonus for sales with no tax.
If you like to solve computer problems this job is for you.
Management is always there to help.
very nice place of work, quite clean and kept up to par
Remote computer technical support (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON11 December 2015
a typical day at work would involve inbound and outgoing calls, concerning customers of our support program and their home computer. At this job i quickly learned how to repair system errors such as software bugs or viral/malware infections. the management was very likable and down to earth, if you had a problem or an issue they would more often than not help you to resolve it even if their personal work load was severe. my coworkers were always there for assistance and teamwork was a daily effort. the hardest part of the job would have to be informing new customers of the fact that our support was a fee based third tier service and taking insult after insult over the phone.
the most enjoyable part of this job was making people happy at the end of it all.
Pros
stable hours and clean work
Cons
i was working from 12:30pm untill 9:00pm so i did not have anytime for anything
good job
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 August 2016
It's a great job I just need something closer to home. I love working in customer service and providing customers with satisfaction.
The issue of fun in the office is no different–both opinions have valid points, but in the end, your result will all depend on how you apply fun.
Case manager directly until resolution was reached (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 January 2016
Reinforced, to the customer, the importance of calling the Case
Manager directly until resolution was reached
Provided with contact numbers and information so they can contact management department Restated the customer’s statements to show an understanding of the issue
Demonstrated ownership compliant and ensured resolution of the issue
Lots to learn, lots to not remember. Clients can be stressful and will make or break you.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 March 2016
The hours are fair and scheduling was reasonable. Directly on the job there were times of stress in the lack of understanding, support staff are available through coaching or reaching out to peers.
Coaches and peers will offer the most help as opposed to training - not because the training is terrible but because there is a lot of information that is hard to digest during the initial training period. If the worker is willing to reach they will receive answers but it's up to the person independently if they can ask the right questions to get the right answers.
Clients can make the day more difficult but it's what you expect at customer service.
pretty decent.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON18 February 2016
suutherland was pretty decent, the hours were steady so you always knew when you were working. they did not work around bus schedules. wouldnt help you if you were on a 6 hour call and had no breaks. very unorganized.
Pros
steady work
Cons
long hours, can get stressful, long calls.
Representative
Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 January 2016
Description:Answer customers inquiries by utilizing tools, listening to customers and providing  information.

what I learned from this job experience would have to be how to learn with a fluctuating job environment, for example promotions, updates to company policies, and changing plans.

The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the Team work experience, I was able to work with more then a hundred coworkers and everyone was always able to help out anyone, always having fun and enjoying work.
Great pay, not so good environment.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 June 2015
The training class was great. Got to meet some nice people. However, once we got to to the production floor, there was next to NO support which made everything very stressful. Many people that were supposed to be helping people, ignored them. My "coach" couldn't care less about helping us learn how to do our job. I worked very hard to be good at my job and do my very best, but with how poorly managed everything is, I knew there was something much better out there.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management, lack of support.
Awesome work and life exerience
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 January 2016
My typical day at work would consist of taking inbound calls from AT&T wireless customers and resolving their issues and concerns in a time efficient, friendly, and professional manner. While being employed with SGS I have addressed and resolved customers concerns and complaints, accurately documented and researched all service issues, referred unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation. I also learned to always act professionally and patiently when addressing negative customer feedback. As far as the topic on management goes, throughout my time with SGS I have been very fortunate with my management team for the most part,however my co-workers truly did make the job worth while. Like any job there are always some downfalls, some of the hardest parts of my job would have been the fact that we are a department that is always on the go, Being an inbound call business, sometimes does cause to feel mentally drained since from time to time the job becomes repetitive. The most enjoyable part of the job was the recognition you received for a job well done as well as the many opportunities this job opens.
Good place to work but needs improvement
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON5 October 2012
A typical day for me would be answering calls and directing customers to appropriate departments. I have learned to have more patience, to listen more attentively and to multi-task. Management is good but needs more improvement to have more communication with their employees. I really enjoy working with my co-workers. I believe my hardest part of my job is listening to people get upset when they haven't done enough research before calling or just being demanding and saying "Get me somewhere now" before we have even started talking. The enjoyable part is being able to help people get to the correct departments and sometimes being thanked for helping them out.
Pros
good benefits, good hours with weekends off
Cons
interior, accessibilty
Enjoyable
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON13 June 2016
Interesting work environment as I had not worked in a cal center before. I enjoyed the hours and the ability to kind of choose your own shift.
Pros
Free food from time to time, dress down days
Cons
Stressful at times, same thing every day.
Fun and laid back environment.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 March 2016
Relaxing and productive environment, employees are very friendly. Excellent company to work for, pay is great and they are very flexible with your shift concerning school!
Pros
pay incentives
Cons
sitting at a chair for long hours
Productive days, Televisions on the walls to watch PG movies and BlackBerry news updates.
RIM/BlackBerry Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 September 2014
Days at Sutherland Global services were easy going but busy most of the days. I would follow up with my customer's issues, track the tickets, handle inbound and outbound calls.

I did learn a lot more about technology, Windows OS and BlackBerry devices. Customer Service skills and MS Office Applications.

The management were polite, reasonable and helpful.
My co-workers were kind. Everyone minded their business at their own cubical doing their work.

The hardest part about the job were the shifts, we would have to do the shift bids and most of the times, their shift bid system was at an incorrect order. Systems would shut down in the middle of our calls while customers were still on the line.

Most enjoyable part of the day was solving customer's issues, satisfactions and excellent customer service skills reviews.
Pros
Free breaks, free coffee and pizzas.
Cons
Long Hours, 9-11 hour shifts. Systems were down.
I's fun to work with Sutherland
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philippines31 July 2013
What I am thankful for while working with Sutherland is what I learned from them. I know customer service is a difficult job as it takes a lot of patience and passion on how you can help your customer understand what is the process and how the product works and how you can deal with their concern. Sutherland gave me an opportunity to know myself better and they help me realize that customer service is what I do best.

I enjoyed staying with the company for almost four years as my co-workers are easy to get along with and the management really takes care of their employees.
Pros
Not a stressful job
Cons
Long hours of sitting

Sutherland Global Services Reviews by Location