Sutherland Global Services

Sutherland Global Services Employee Reviews

not flexible
technical support (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 January 2016
not flexible, long hours, strict policies but overall, i enjoyed helping the customers.
I was always positive and did it to the best of my ability.
Bad experience.
Tech support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 September 2015
A third world company with a third world attitude. Good people ham-stringed by a culture of,"People don't matter, there are more to choose from>" When there are 50 new hires every 2 weeks, replacing those who quit or were terminated for trumped - up charges, being able to fit - in here is nothing to aspire to.
Pros
Cons
Lousy clients with unreasonable demands.
Save your time
customer service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 July 2015
This is by far the worst company to work for. Yes, it pays the bills. Yes, there is benefits. But if you aren't 'cool' and the coaches don't like you, then you will never move up. Ever. The management in the mobility department is the worst thing to ever walk this earth. Theres one manager who is a complete psycho, and everyone hates her, and she is so unprofessional. People cry on a daily basis. That is the main thing about this place. They will hire anybody who walks in that door, and they never do anything about the horrible management. I felt like I was in highschool in grade 10 with all the drama. Worst. Place. Ever.
Benefits
Cons
Management, long hours, horrible shifts, if you're not popular you won't move up.
Great
Tier 2 technical support for ATT (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 November 2015
Was a great place to work for the almost year and a half I was there. Great work environment, reliable pay and hours.Schedule could be a bit hectic but that is totally in your control after first month.
Not a fun place to work
senior consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 November 2015
It is like a high school very unprofessional, females are favored by male managment staff for promotions due to looks. Place is very outdated and full of issues.
Pros
sitting down
Cons
everything else
Great pay, not so good environment.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 June 2015
The training class was great. Got to meet some nice people. However, once we got to to the production floor, there was next to NO support which made everything very stressful. Many people that were supposed to be helping people, ignored them. My "coach" couldn't care less about helping us learn how to do our job. I worked very hard to be good at my job and do my very best, but with how poorly managed everything is, I knew there was something much better out there.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management, lack of support.
Nice workplace.
Customer Service/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 July 2015
On a typical day, there is music in the room with several people talking on phones all at once. Gets pretty noisy sometimes and you have to explain to clients about the background noises. I learned a new level of patience and tolerance I did not know I had before. Management is OK. Co-workers are pleasant with each other, but hardly have the time to actually get to know each other. The hardest part of the job was being insulted by clients who are not satisfied with company services. There are those days when you feel wretched for clients you are not able to help the way they want. Plus, the system of evaluating employees was kind of unfair. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to go above and beyond for a client and knowing you had made an impact on them or their lives.
Pros
Free launches every now and then.
Cons
Long hours, little support, low pay.
Not this life
Tier 3 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 August 2015
The money is better then minimum wage and as long as you don't know what people made doing the position in the states, then it's fine. Knowing you make a third of what the previous department employees made is the issue. If you can do your job and 5 other positions then again it's workable.
Awesome work and life exerience
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 January 2016
My typical day at work would consist of taking inbound calls from AT&T wireless customers and resolving their issues and concerns in a time efficient, friendly, and professional manner. While being employed with SGS I have addressed and resolved customers concerns and complaints, accurately documented and researched all service issues, referred unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation. I also learned to always act professionally and patiently when addressing negative customer feedback. As far as the topic on management goes, throughout my time with SGS I have been very fortunate with my management team for the most part,however my co-workers truly did make the job worth while. Like any job there are always some downfalls, some of the hardest parts of my job would have been the fact that we are a department that is always on the go, Being an inbound call business, sometimes does cause to feel mentally drained since from time to time the job becomes repetitive. The most enjoyable part of the job was the recognition you received for a job well done as well as the many opportunities this job opens.
great work place
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 June 2015
Sutherland Global service is providing many call center jobs to the South East Asian countries and taking jobs away from the North American countries. They are also paying a very low salary and they are hiring great workers which makes the workplace great not the CEO or the company
Pros
you get to learn how to multitask with many softwares and tools
Cons
you don't get paid enough for how much you work
A place to work
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 April 2015
Basically Its a bunch of Kids Running a Company that has a contract with AT&T. They only care about drinking and making friends if you don't fit in they find away to get rid of you.

A typical work day was poo you pick up calls and get help fix issues. then get yelled at by your boss because you aren't ever good enough.

You learn that if you are young and social you don't need anything else you can just talk your way into anything without ever doing a thing
Productive workplabe with secure work environment
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 April 2015
A typical day seems like receiving atleast 40 inbound calls from customers and fixing their issues. I learned how to communicate better in order to solve customers issue. Management is amazing as they are very supportive. Also co-workers are helpful in order to help new hires. Hardest part would be worklife balance. Most enjoyable part is we get to gave fun as we all employees sit together and make it a fun place to work
Not a job for just anyone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 September 2015
The people were fantastic! The job itself is not for everyone. I am a very caring and sensitive person. Trying to sell to people who clearly cannot afford it, was just NOT for me.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Pressure Sales
Good job
Technical Consultant/Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 October 2015
it is a nice place to get some experience. Nice location downtown Windsor and training was good. Good management exercised during my time at Sutherland
I worked with a great team.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON20 March 2015
There wasn't always a typical day. That's what I liked about it the most. I liked that on each call you didn't know what skill you may have to use to assist the customer. There was monthly employee of the month awards.
Pros
Getting to work with a great team, having great resources to do the job
Cons
Unfortunately I was laid off after working there for several years, I of course understand it was a business need, it was just hard to leave a job I had been working at for over 5 years
network support for tier 2 technicians
Network Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 March 2015
Remotely accessing the network gateway and performed configuration of the static ip’s and LAN ,bridging ,routing and modifying other broadband settings
• Diagnosing the Optical network terminal (ONT) for Optical fiber related network signals
Monitoring the transmission channel such as ADSL and VDSL lines and keeping the eye on the line noise margin ration ,relcaps ,attenuation and service affecting parameters
good company to work for
Technical Support/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario22 February 2015
Good company to work for. Training and support are well done. Co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with. Best part of the job was to solve problems for customers and make them happy. Hardest part of the job was learning some of the tools used to get resolution for customers although with practice and support it didnt take long to learn the majority of them.
Pros
Excellent support staff and management.
Cons
Dealing with stressful situations and varying shifts that are bid on based on performance and stats.
horrible workplace
sales (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 February 2015
"WH***, cold hearted bi***, dumb immigrant..." shall I continue. I got the worst calls but yet they expect you to sell a tv bundle worth 150 bucks plus taxes or a phone plan for basic costing 40... have you ever tried convincing someone who hates your company to buy? I wouldn't send my greatest enemy to work here. oh and the management bully you about your sales DAILY. get used to it
Pros
NONE unless you count a measly paycheck
Cons
EVERYTHING imaginable
Monotonous work
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 April 2015
I wasnt able to fully apply myself at sutherland for one reason, I cared too much about each individual call.

Clock in, start taking calls.

Roughly after a short while, break, then more calls until lunch

Lunch to second break, then by end of day clock out, go home.

I cared far too much about each individual call, which tore me up inside.
Pros
Cons
Hours
It's a call centre.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste Marie, ON27 March 2015
Get to work, log into your computer, log into the phone. Take calls all day. The program is inbound sales. I assisted customers place their orders and tried to up sell and cross sell the product line. The job had some stress because you were rated on up sells and cross sells. Most of my co-workers were nice people.
Pros
Good place to work.
Cons
Call centre.