Sutherland Global Services

Sutherland Global Services Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
No schedule flexibility
Call Center Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 18, 2012
Management and co-workers great to work with.
Lots of contests and big ticket prizes.
Schedule is not flexible and you have little control on hours. Often same shift for 6 weeks +.
Good interim job
AT&T U-Verse/BlackBerry Tech Support (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 7, 2012
Good job to have between jobs
Good lunch breaks
Wii game system if stressed
not a very good place to work.
Customer Service Representative/ Technical Support (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 3, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: short lunch
My daily tasks was to help customers with the filling of their taxes. I developed an active listening skills, and good management. The co-workers were great. the hardest part of my jobs was dealing with customers who knew nothing about computers leading them through the software was not easy. the most enjoyable part of my job was lunch time.
sutherland, the world of a call centre
Customer Sales/Service Representative (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONMay 24, 2012
Pros: sales bonus, prizes
Cons: no schedual flexability
Going to work at a call center you are never sure what to expect when you go in for your shift, you may have a great day or a bad day. your co-workers were just like high school girls, gossip and rumors every time you turn around.. management were also included in this some times.
for many calls weather you be calling the customer or new customers or – more... they are calling you, they started the call off by yelling and swearing at you. I can say that i have been sworn at and told off in every language. There are some customers however are very polite and will even make a joke with you.
The hardest part is the unhappy people yelling at you from the other line, and the enjoyable part is making new friends around you. – less
Fast paced environment
Inbound Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Windsor,onMay 22, 2012
Answering billing and sales calls for AT&T Southeast.
The hardest part of the job is making sales.
I enjoyed talking to many different people
Everyday is something different
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee), Windsor OntarioMay 2, 2012
Pros: great support staff
Cons: long hours
Sutherland Global Services is a very High paced environment.
I was able to complete all SGS offered LEAD courses and also completed my yellow belt in six sigma prior to my departure.
With my position I was working one on one with our clients to ensure they were provided with any data they may request or plan for upcoming training. The most enjoyable – more... part of my position was the daily interactions with the employee's working on the production floor. – less
Not as bad as people say, as long as you do your job.
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 30, 2012
Pros: the people.
Cons: the management
I know a lot of people refer Sutherland to "where the devil lives" (It won't let me put it in... you can figure it out), but in reality, as long as you stay out of the basic office drama, and do your job of course, its a great place to work. I would work here again if I could.
Penny Pinching ownership
Facilities Team Lead (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 26, 2012
Pros: can't think of any at this moment
Cons: very cheap ownership
This company is run by a U.S based management that refuses to put any money back into the Canadian operations, and is ALWAYS looking for ways to save a buck. Facillities manager refused to purchase any equipment ( vacuums, carpet shampooer,floor sweeper)needed to maintain the facillities in a clean, healthy enviroment due to in his words budgetary restraints.This – more... made both facillities look dirty which caused many complaints from employees, to which we had to answer we were sorry but we were doing the best we could with what we had to work with. After awhile I could no longer accept the way management expected the under paid janitorial staff to try and clean these places without proper equipment and I had to resign my position and move on to another company. I have never seen so many female employees crying in the stairwells or outside as I saw at Sutherland due to pressure being put on them by thier managers to do better at thier job. This company goes through employees so fast that they never stop having training sessions for new employees – less
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 16, 2012
Pros: great employees.
Cons: sometimes boring and repetitive.
This company was great to work for. I learned a lot from the people around me. Salary was horrible.
A great place to start one's career
Senior Technical Support Executive (Former Employee), CHennaiOctober 19, 2014
Pros: good incentives system
Cons: rotational shifts
Sutherland Global Services gives very intensive training to its associates and prepares you for the hard grind.If you can take the pressure here--you can handle anything!!
Overall as a company, thay have a great cor value, and giving back to the local community.
AT&T B2B SAES (Current Employee), Henrietta, NYOctober 18, 2014
Pros: a great company if looking to start a career, and opporunity for managment
Cons: lack of consistent structure and can be unpleasant with some of the people they hire
I worked there for 6 years. The department that I worked in went through many changes with management. As a result the management wasn't in place long enough to keep up with a consisted structure.
The Training was excellent and there are good people.
Consultant (Universal Agent) (Former Employee), Legazpi, P05October 18, 2014
Pros: free meal stub, incentives, quality facilities
Cons: long hours
The training I had here is not easy and has really impacted me in how I should be ,not only as an agent, but on how to be effective in everything that we do. This company helped me improve my character and decision making skills,
Integrity was observed and teamwork has been very significant.
All these making the work easier since people go hand in hand.
Overall a good company to work with
Vice President - Platform Solutions Group (Current Employee), Chennai, TNOctober 16, 2014
Excellent company to work with if you want to have complete freedom and challenges. Once learns a lot and people working here get holistic experience. However, the company does not compensate well.
Sutherland
Associate Vice President, Business Controller (Current Employee), Rochester, NYOctober 16, 2014
Manage global site finance with expanded responsibility from North and South America. Responsible for complete P&L (revenue through taxes and FX) as well as collections and capital expenditures. Develop finance team skill set to provide leadership with thoughtful analysis on risks, opportunities, and corrective actions available.
An Overall experience at its fullest in Marketing.
HR EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHOctober 15, 2014
 Locating potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
 Developing negotiating strategies and positions of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
 Closure of new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing – more... and negotiating contracts requirements with business operations.
 Enhancing organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments. – less
Ok place to work
Manager - Human Resources (Current Employee), HyderabadOctober 12, 2014
Pros: learning culture
Cons: long hours, night shifts
You have a lot to learn here but the mindset of the company is bureaucratic.
fun section every friday
process associate (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APOctober 11, 2014
doing hard work and enjoying the work and enjoying the work alot
It's better than unemployment
Consultant (Former Employee), Rochester, NYOctober 10, 2014
Pros: supportive co-workers
Cons: low pay, lack of cleanliness. odd hours.
Sutherland was an okay employer. My biggest gripe about the company would be the pressure cooker environment that exists in some programs. You are constantly reminded that you are replaceable and that you could be let go at any time as there isn't really any job security at Sutherland. Another issue that I had was that the facilities weren't kept as – more... clean as they should be. Also, the pay was also so low that many of my coworkers had EBT cards. Finally the hours can vary wildly based on which program. But Sutherland does have some qualities: workers are generally supportive of each other, and for all the complaining that I just did, working at Sutherland is better than being unemployed. – less
Professional and Fun Workplace
Design Engineer (Former Employee), Kochi, KLOctober 8, 2014
Pros: good project manager
Cons: salary is not up-to the work done by us
Got top performer award in production and quality,

Working culture, Manage time, Work when work / enjoy when free,

Great management, Good support to employees,

Misunderstanding between co-workers,

Friday fun, Team outing, Got three times award. Best moments.
Life at Sutherland Global Services was really enjoyable.
Technical Support Executive (Former Employee), CochinOctober 7, 2014
Pros: incentives
Life at Sutherland Global Services was really enjoyable.
I joined Sutherland Global Services on April 2010 and am having experience of 36 months. During that time i was able to learn a lot of new things. The Management and co-workers are supportive and helpful.

About Sutherland Global Services

Established in 1986, Sutherland Global Services is a global provider of business process and technology management services offering – Read more

Sutherland Global Services Photos