Sutherland Global Services

Sutherland Global Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Bad experience.
Tech support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 1, 2015
A third world company with a third world attitude. Good people ham-stringed by a culture of,"People don't matter, there are more to choose from>" When there are 50 new hires every 2 weeks, replacing those who quit or were terminated for trumped - up charges, being able to fit - in here is nothing to aspire to.
Pros
Cons
Lousy clients with unreasonable demands.
Great start
Resolution Specialist Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 13, 2015
Great company for a starting job but not much advancement opportunity for management or higher. Amazing set of people working there.
Pros
Good for starters
Cons
Not a career
never ending calls, terrible managers, you will go crazy, great people though
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 1, 2015
Sutherland is a great place to make friends, the people you work with are fantastic.
Sutherland has a high turn over rate (so be aware of that)
The managers are so-so, very few of them are good most of them are cold, and usually do not communicate with one another.
you will be talking a lot of calls, a never ending amount of calls, they will be from the US (but don't tell them that you're Canadian) the people calling will have little to no understanding of any technology, they will yell and scream at you, and will not usually listen.
the pay is good if you enjoy sitting in a drab gray mini cubical.
the hardest par to f the job is dealing with the new people who are not fully trained, and the "support" team which is full of newbies who, again are not fully trained. long hours make it hard to have any friends out side of work
most enjoyable part are really the friends you will make
Pros
new friends, sometimes lunch days.
Cons
long hours, uncoordinated managers
Very professional
Sales Representative (AT&T SW Bronze) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 9, 2013
 Reviewed customer accounts
 Recommended products to customers to better suit their needs
 Provided excellent customer service
 Worked in a team environment
 Assisted new employees with using program systems
benefits
Cons
wage
very bad work culture
sales representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 27, 2014
your co-workers are the best part of the job,but as for the rest like management and salary,that's basically a joke.
Productive days, Televisions on the walls to watch PG movies and BlackBerry news updates.
RIM/BlackBerry Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Days at Sutherland Global services were easy going but busy most of the days. I would follow up with my customer's issues, track the tickets, handle inbound and outbound calls.

I did learn a lot more about technology, Windows OS and BlackBerry devices. Customer Service skills and MS Office Applications.

The management were polite, reasonable and helpful.
My co-workers were kind. Everyone minded their business at their own cubical doing their work.

The hardest part about the job were the shifts, we would have to do the shift bids and most of the times, their shift bid system was at an incorrect order. Systems would shut down in the middle of our calls while customers were still on the line.

Most enjoyable part of the day was solving customer's issues, satisfactions and excellent customer service skills reviews.
Pros
free breaks, free coffee and pizzas.
Cons
long hours, 9-11 hour shifts. systems were down.
Mentally engaging
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 5, 2012
Fast paced but also slow going each call was handling a different type of person and making sure they were satisfied at the end of the call.
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
stressful work enviroment
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 16, 2012
This company was great to work for. I learned a lot from the people around me. Salary was horrible.
Pros
great employees.
Cons
sometimes boring and repetitive.
They value each employee
Account Manager/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  P03August 1, 2012
Salary alignment for every position is poor.
Most managerial positions are Indians because it's owned by an Indian.
I's fun to work with Sutherland
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJuly 31, 2013
What I am thankful for while working with Sutherland is what I learned from them. I know customer service is a difficult job as it takes a lot of patience and passion on how you can help your customer understand what is the process and how the product works and how you can deal with their concern. Sutherland gave me an opportunity to know myself better and they help me realize that customer service is what I do best.

I enjoyed staying with the company for almost four years as my co-workers are easy to get along with and the management really takes care of their employees.
Pros
not a stressful job
Cons
long hours of sitting
a lot of good people work there
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  sault ste marie onJanuary 25, 2013
I enjoyed working there i met a lot of great people the benifits where helpful the training was good
Good for short term and students
Sales and billing (Former Employee) –  WindsorJune 22, 2014
This job is good is you need a quick paycheck. The training is the best part and where u get paid the most. After you get on the floor you are expected to be a jack of all trades with little to no training on what you will actually need to know. Hours are not guaranteed and shift work. Everyone's morale is very low after being yelled at from customers all day it's hard to relax on your time off. If you have a family or need a steady paycheck, don't expect this to be long term. Management is OK, it really depends on who you get.
Pros
good pay during "training"
Cons
shift work, hours not guaranteed, yelled at by customers, hard to relax after
Productive workplabe with secure work environment
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 20, 2015
A typical day seems like receiving atleast 40 inbound calls from customers and fixing their issues. I learned how to communicate better in order to solve customers issue. Management is amazing as they are very supportive. Also co-workers are helpful in order to help new hires. Hardest part would be worklife balance. Most enjoyable part is we get to gave fun as we all employees sit together and make it a fun place to work
Not this life
Tier 3 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 21, 2015
The money is better then minimum wage and as long as you don't know what people made doing the position in the states, then it's fine. Knowing you make a third of what the previous department employees made is the issue. If you can do your job and 5 other positions then again it's workable.
Not a job for just anyone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 4, 2015
The people were fantastic! The job itself is not for everyone. I am a very caring and sensitive person. Trying to sell to people who clearly cannot afford it, was just NOT for me.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Pressure Sales
Pleasant Co-Workers/Management & High-Stress Job
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 9, 2014
A typical day at work consists of resolving billing issues and providing information about products and services over the phone. This job has enhanced my computer skills and familiarized me with a fast-paced work environment. The management is competent and my co-workers are easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is keeping a positive attitude in response to receiving back to back complaints. The best thing about this position is the job security and guaranteed hours.
good company to work for
Technical Support/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, OntarioFebruary 22, 2015
Good company to work for. Training and support are well done. Co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with. Best part of the job was to solve problems for customers and make them happy. Hardest part of the job was learning some of the tools used to get resolution for customers although with practice and support it didnt take long to learn the majority of them.
Pros
excellent support staff and management.
Cons
dealing with stressful situations and varying shifts that are bid on based on performance and stats.
Sutherland 101
Sr. Consultant-- AT&T (Current Employee) –  Sault ste marieApril 26, 2015
2-4 weeks of paid training
come in every day before you shift get a free 10 minutes of pay to get your systems open.
Take calls nonstop until you break- *you get to select your own break times"
It's the people who really make this job special.
Pros
Hours, hiring, many lateral positions
Cons
Low pay, Management, consistency, Ethics
A very productive and positive place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 5, 2015
A very productive and positive place to work. There are a wonderful group of people there, both in personality and work ethic. Although the hours are long and the scheduling of the shifts can sometimes make it problematic for personal life, the place is a very good place to be employed.
Pros
great group of people to work with
Abusive HR manager
Operator (Current Employee) –  Sault Sainte Marie, OntarioJune 8, 2014
I don't mind the job. I think the work is just fine. But Sutherland doesn't care at all about their employees. They give lip service to their corporate policies, but the moment your agenda is different than their agenda - or you require accommodations, or have a problem with a member of the management team - you immediately become expendable. Working with the HR manager is a fruitless endeavor: both meetings I've had with her, she interrupted me, shouted at me, and was quite hostile to my concerns. Regarding a complaint I made about a supervisor making jokes about my nationality, her verbatim response to me was, "I don't care what you have to say." Given a choice, I would not ever work for Sutherland again.
Pros
it's a job.
Cons
they don't care about you at all.

Sutherland Global Services Reviews by Location