Sutherland Global Services Employee Reviews in Canada

stressfull
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 25, 2014
not a good place to work very stressfull, co workers are great management not so much. hardest part is going in every day the most enjoyable is leaving at the end of the day
Pros
no pros
Cons
long hours, ever changing schedule
Hectic Unorganized Job
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Windsor ontarioAugust 21, 2013
This was my worst job in the history of my employment, If you are interested in pushing sales on people who can't afford the bills they have then this is the job for you, the customers are not kind they are rude, and not only are you dealing with speaking to them and listening to their problem from at&t, you are operating the computer systems, and only have a certin amount of time to be on the phone, the management is un organized, its a fast pased mess, you go home very drained almost as if your spirit is being sucked out of you, Coaching sessions on CRIFT people listen to your calls all the time and you are graded on EVERYTHING, if you can manage this stress go for it, you may get commision at some point but not likely. NOT for sensetive people.
Pros
going home early
Cons
everything listed above and more.
sutherland, the world of a call centre
Customer Sales/Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONMay 24, 2012
Going to work at a call center you are never sure what to expect when you go in for your shift, you may have a great day or a bad day. your co-workers were just like high school girls, gossip and rumors every time you turn around.. management were also included in this some times.
for many calls weather you be calling the customer or new customers or they are calling you, they started the call off by yelling and swearing at you. I can say that i have been sworn at and told off in every language. There are some customers however are very polite and will even make a joke with you.
The hardest part is the unhappy people yelling at you from the other line, and the enjoyable part is making new friends around you.
Pros
sales bonus, prizes
Cons
no schedual flexability
Monotonous work
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 2, 2015
I wasnt able to fully apply myself at sutherland for one reason, I cared too much about each individual call.

Clock in, start taking calls.

Roughly after a short while, break, then more calls until lunch

Lunch to second break, then by end of day clock out, go home.

I cared far too much about each individual call, which tore me up inside.
Pros
Cons
Hours
Email Agent (Current Employee) –  Windsor OntarioJanuary 28, 2013
Sutherland Global Services has helped me many ways, I work in BlackBerry Enterprise Support as an Email agent. I provide technical assistance to the client via email and sometimes by taking inbound calls. My management and co-workers has helped me in many ways to be able to perform multi tasks everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I speak to IT specialist and professional clients every day who has helped me to learn business language and how to communicate effectively. I have also learned computer skills, Microsoft Office and improved my typing skills by being an Email agent. I have been working for 2 years and have not found any task hard as my management was always there to answer my questions.
nice clean work place,productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 16, 2013
I would go to work sign in to my work station and wait for a call to come in I learned people can be very touchy when it comes to their electronics are not working properly I learned that I cant take things personal with a caller and to distance myself from certain emotions when at work.
Management was pretty good always their to help and answer questions.
coworkers were always helpful too always willing to give a hand if needed.
hardest part of the job were the customers but at the same time the customers were one of the most enjoyable pat as well.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
weird start times and end times
It's a call centre.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste Marie, ONMarch 27, 2015
Get to work, log into your computer, log into the phone. Take calls all day. The program is inbound sales. I assisted customers place their orders and tried to up sell and cross sell the product line. The job had some stress because you were rated on up sells and cross sells. Most of my co-workers were nice people.
Pros
Good place to work.
Cons
Call centre.
Everyday is something different
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Windsor OntarioMay 2, 2012
Sutherland Global Services is a very High paced environment.
I was able to complete all SGS offered LEAD courses and also completed my yellow belt in six sigma prior to my departure.
With my position I was working one on one with our clients to ensure they were provided with any data they may request or plan for upcoming training. The most enjoyable part of my position was the daily interactions with the employee's working on the production floor.
Pros
great support staff
Cons
Fun Work Place with Gym, Recreation area and Gaming area.
Program Supervisor, Intuit Account (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJanuary 4, 2013
Handles 15 agents in the team and monitors their individual performance to ensure that the service delivery level was met,
Learned a lot about technical stuff about trouble shooting computer related concerns.
Management is average, and the support is also good.
Co-workers are very fun to be with and also supportive.
hardest part of the job is to terminate an employee due to poor attendance and attitude problems.
Easiest and enjoyable part is when I easily got regularized and retained to the main account due to good performance.
Generally nice co-workers, terrible management style, long and horrible hours with deplorable pay
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 17, 2014
There was a lot of promises to be there with assistance in understanding all the information you were responsible for, and some of the coaches were good with that, but others were definitely not. Was frustrating to not be able to assist callers with appropriate help due to confusion and delays in getting additional assistance
Felt manipulated by management when they were looking to make quotas for their clients
A lot of information to be responsible for, and felt like not enough time to get a proficient enough grasp of it to effectively do the job
Hated it when, due to system issues, and dealing with the client's various departments scattered all over the world, you couldn't get the cooperation or assistance needed to get your job done, especially with metrics time constraints
Pros
learned never to go back there looking for work
Cons
shift bids, called randomly, supposedly based on metrics performance but there were guaranteed shift opportunities to some
Not very organized (High turnover rate)
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 31, 2013
Expectations are too high for the first couple of months, respectful atmosphere. Had to take many calls regarding disgruntled customers. Management was not very reliable.
Pros
discounts at some nearby restaurants
Cons
Fast paced, challenging work environment
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 4, 2014
A good company to learn & understand the technical side of how Phone, Internet and Television services work and are installed. A typical day's work involve assisting field technicians install or repair these services for a Fortune 500 company in the USA. Technicians will either call or chat with Technical Support Consultants to resolve complex issues that arise during installation or for an existing service. Thinking out of the box and using logical, analytical and technical knowledge to resolve complex issues makes this the most enjoyable part of the job. Depending upon requirement, offered technical support to customers as well and followed up with them once their issue is resolved.
Pros
40+ hours per week work
stressful uncomfortable work place
Junior Achievement (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 27, 2013
the hours and pay are not worth what goes on inside of sutherland
Pros
bonuses
Penny Pinching ownership
Facilities Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 26, 2012
This company is run by a U.S based management that refuses to put any money back into the Canadian operations, and is ALWAYS looking for ways to save a buck. Facillities manager refused to purchase any equipment ( vacuums, carpet shampooer,floor sweeper)needed to maintain the facillities in a clean, healthy enviroment due to in his words budgetary restraints.This made both facillities look dirty which caused many complaints from employees, to which we had to answer we were sorry but we were doing the best we could with what we had to work with. After awhile I could no longer accept the way management expected the under paid janitorial staff to try and clean these places without proper equipment and I had to resign my position and move on to another company. I have never seen so many female employees crying in the stairwells or outside as I saw at Sutherland due to pressure being put on them by thier managers to do better at thier job. This company goes through employees so fast that they never stop having training sessions for new employees
Pros
can't think of any at this moment
Cons
very cheap ownership
productive and busy
Field Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  windsor, ontarioFebruary 25, 2015
The day is only 8 hours and ensure that everyone has opportunity to rest. The job is very busy in the daytime and the phones are constantly off the hook. word of advice is to pace self. great place to learn how to think on feet and getting quick solutions
Pros
quick thinking
Cons
short breaks
Productive Understanding Fun
A&T Southwest Bronze, Command Administrator (Former Employee) –  Windsor OnJanuary 28, 2013
In my line of work I would answer phones, email, scan, fax, put reports together, present reports, write up correctives, keep logs of call ins (sick day call ins), greet people as they came into the office to speak to me about Health and Safty issues they are having, making a report on those and presenting them to the commity
Pros
enjoyed the people i worked with
Cons
No respect too much pressure
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 9, 2015
we have no say in anything and we can't voice our opinion and too much pressure and stress staff is great it is the company and how we are treated
Pros
lunch time
Cons
no respect
Great place to work if you don't get consumed by office politics or get laid off.
Customer/Sales/Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 18, 2013
In my year in working there I was laid off from four contracts and fired from one for not making sales targets that weren't even stated in the signed contract as required.
- Great social atmosphere but also forces you in close quarters with everyone you don't like as well as who you do like.
- Good chance to learn customer handling skills without having to be in a face-to-face retail situation.
- Swing shifts; there is some stability and you bid on shifts that are given priority based on performance logistics, so you're motivated to do better.
- Discounts on products based on your contracts.
- Oftentimes there are contests based on sales and customer handling skills.
- Contracts sometimes don't last long as the entire process is based on an external market whose priority is profiteering. There's almost no job security as while you may be hired back on for another contract there is zero guarantee of that.
- Managerial chain of command seems kind of erratic and advancing up the chain seems kind of biased or shady.
Pros
great social atmosphere, laid back working
Cons
calls can be high stress, and so can the work environment and vying for shifts
not a very good place to work.
Customer Service Representative/ Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 3, 2012
My daily tasks was to help customers with the filling of their taxes. I developed an active listening skills, and good management. The co-workers were great. the hardest part of my jobs was dealing with customers who knew nothing about computers leading them through the software was not easy. the most enjoyable part of my job was lunch time.
Pros
good pay
Cons
short lunch
busy workplace with many phone calls to take!
Smartphone Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONDecember 12, 2013
research in motion department
inbound and outbound calls.
fixing any error on every single blackberry and learning about every error possible.
know how to fix software issues
how to sync device with computer or google
most enjoyable part was when you speak to the customers through the phone and they tell you they're life haha.
hardest part....some phone calls used to take a long time depending on the speed of the computer and if sometimes something did not work on the computer we had to fix the issue with the computer first and then move to the next step which is trying again with the device itself.
Pros
loved working at a call centre
Cons
when people hangup on you