Sutherland Global Services

Sutherland Global Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Good place to work but needs improvement
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONOctober 5, 2012
A typical day for me would be answering calls and directing customers to appropriate departments. I have learned to have more patience, to listen more attentively and to multi-task. Management is good but needs more improvement to have more communication with their employees. I really enjoy working with my co-workers. I believe my hardest part of my job is listening to people get upset when they haven't done enough research before calling or just being demanding and saying "Get me somewhere now" before we have even started talking. The enjoyable part is being able to help people get to the correct departments and sometimes being thanked for helping them out.
Pros
good benefits, good hours with weekends off
Cons
interior, accessibilty
Making customers happy and supportive management.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 12, 2015
A typical day at work involves handling at minimum 4-6 irate customers who are unsatisfied about the service. What I do as a customer service representative is de-escalate this situations, look at our offers and come up with an alternative, or simply give the customer an explanation on how to stop the same situation from happening again. This involved a lot of listening, patience, and problem solving skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was giving the customer a resolution, and flipping the situation to give them a smile.
Another thing I loved about Sutherland was the extremely supportive staff. Your good work was always recognized, and if you were in need of help, your coworkers/team managers were always there to help you progress and improve.
Pros
Many ways to advance in the company.
Fun relaxed environment
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONJanuary 29, 2016
I learned a lot while working at Sutherland. The trainers were really clear and informative while teaching the classes. The management were kind and understanding.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
the phones were unbearable
My experience with Sutherland
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 5, 2015
Sutherland is a great experience for people seeking a new career to have their skills developed but it is limited regarding growth and advancement within the company. I have excelled and exhausted all resources at Sutherland and I am not seeking a career job which provides me the incentive of advancement within a company.
Pros
The people you meet and the relationships you build
Cons
limited growth
horrible dont work here
Customer service/sales (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONDecember 2, 2015
They pay minimum wage and train you to.do.soo much but pay minimum wage I been there for five years and got one pay increase.If you would like to have high blood pressure gladly apply I bet you wont last month
Not a fun place to work
senior consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 11, 2015
It is like a high school very unprofessional, females are favored by male managment staff for promotions due to looks. Place is very outdated and full of issues.
Pros
sitting down
Cons
everything else
productive workplace
Billing/sales (Current Employee) –  windsor ontarioJanuary 21, 2015
a typical day is signing into your systems and helping customers with any concerns they may have about their bill, fixing any issues with bills, solving account issues for customers if an order had an issue, setting up new services for customers and ensuring a high degree of customer satisfaction
benefits
Cons
runs off american holidays
Good benefits terrible client
Technical Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. MarieJanuary 20, 2015
I worked for one of Sutherlands clients Hughesnet. Which was the most incompetent awful company to work for because of their incompetence. Don't believe me google Hughesnet reviews and try and find one good or even ok one.
benefits
Cons
complete incompetence on client (hughesnet) not sutherland
They had a wii to play in the break rooms
tech support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Took tech calls back to back for 9 hrs a day. Had to work fast and know about everything there was to know about tech issues for cable equipment and update wifi/ computer know how.
Pros
close to home
Cons
there work place rules on religion
Productive and fun place to work
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste MarieOctober 1, 2015
I start at 9:30 am and finish at 6pm
I learned many ways to get a complete call from all types of customers.
I manage my day well and get along with the 9 co-workers on my team. We have targets to hit for the month and we manage to meet them every month concentrating on our calls.
The hardest part of the job is to get over the borden we might face as it is repetitive.
The most enjoyable part to the job is friends you make on the team and working well together. It was enjoyable to learn from each other.
Pros
pot lucks, day shifts, weekends off
Cons
repetitive work
Good Place to work in
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 4, 2015
good place to work in, they had benefits and people were helpful.. their salaries was good they gave me alot of experience in a couple of months
Horrible Comapny
Consultant (Former Employee) –  windsor, ontarioOctober 20, 2015
Sutherland was the worst company I ever worked for in my life. No exaggeration, being completely honest. Answering phone calls all day none stop to jerks, bad management, bad hours, short breaks.

I CAN GUARANTEE THIS COMPANY HAS THE HIGHEST TURNOVER IN ALL OF CANADA. 100% GUARANTEED.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
everything
Customer Service Professional
Customer service professional (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONDecember 18, 2015
• Providing accurate and timely solutions to customer queries and problems
• Accepting assignments as part of a team project
• Using call center support applications to enhance assistance to customers and agents
Typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 17, 2012
So my typical day would be arriving at work 30 minutes early. I would sign into the computer and the programs required to do my job to the best of my abbility.
I would then log onto my phone and start taking constant incoming calls for 8 hrs. I would et the alloted breaks and lunch, and use them to leave the building and go out side for air from the fast enviroment.
Pros
benifits
Cons
the types of calls we had to deal with
Great Co-Workers and semi great work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONMay 25, 2013
I really enjoy my co-workers they are part of the reason I am still currently with the company. I find that over the time that I have been with the company they have made significant changes to the way they treated their employees.
Pros
excellent charity work. great benefits
Cons
stripped of hours and lowered commissions
Great
Tier 2 technical support for ATT (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 14, 2015
Was a great place to work for the almost year and a half I was there. Great work environment, reliable pay and hours.Schedule could be a bit hectic but that is totally in your control after first month.
Good job
Technical Consultant/Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 26, 2015
it is a nice place to get some experience. Nice location downtown Windsor and training was good. Good management exercised during my time at Sutherland
They have some improvements to make.
Customer Care Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 14, 2015
A typical day at sutherland involved accepting inbound calls from AT&T customers. Customer can be fairly angry or upset and can project their feelings on you. Representatives need to be skilled in problem solving, reassuring the customer and deescalating callers.

A disadvantage to working here is the emotional burn out you will feel when you resolve the customer's issue but the customer may still not give you a positive survey, or may not fill out a survey for you at all, which will negatively affect your score. Sutherland takes these scores seriously, and there is pressure to keep yourself in range. If you don't stay in range, they will fire you. It can be stressful, as some customers are satisfied but just chose not to fill out the surveys, or some are angry entering the call and are still upset even after a solution is presented. With the pressure to stay in range, and upset customers lashing out at you for something that is not your fault, it doesn't take much to feel overwhelmed and burnt out. In my opinion, their score system is flawed. It is understandable that scores should be important to sutherland, as it's the only way to review the agents, however people should not be fired because of neutral callers. Maybe in the future they will improve their score system, but as of right now, it only creates more stress to an already stressful job.
Pros
commission, occasionally free food (BBQs, coffee, etc)
Cons
shift changes, poor management, stressful job
Call Centre with more cons than pros
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 4, 2014
Sutherland Global Services is a call centre in Windsor, ON. I specifically work as tech support for AT&T Uverse resolving issues with cable, phones, and the Internet. AT&T places unreasonable quality demands on the company and those demands lead to a very stressful work environment, high turnover rate, unrealistic expectations, and a haven for buck-passing attitudes. That said, SGS provided satisfactory benefits despite the low wages and several opportunities to advance within the company, though the turnover rate among higher positions was still unusually high. I have not climbed the ladder within the company because I have found success and relative stability in my position. The satisfaction of resolving a customer's issue, while short-lived due to the number of issues to be resolved daily, provides sufficient motivation to answer the next call or chat. Sutherland has justly earned a poor reputation in Windsor as an undesirable place to work, not least because of the building's frightening history with bedbugs, but it's one of few places in Windsor that offers stable, full-time work with benefits.
Pros
good benefits, accessible location, adequately managed and supervised
Cons
minimum wage work, severe turnover rate, stressful environment, bedbug outbreaks, regular program/tool failures, inconsistency in rewards and discipline
Bad experience.
Tech support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 1, 2015
A third world company with a third world attitude. Good people ham-stringed by a culture of,"People don't matter, there are more to choose from>" When there are 50 new hires every 2 weeks, replacing those who quit or were terminated for trumped - up charges, being able to fit - in here is nothing to aspire to.
Pros
Cons
Lousy clients with unreasonable demands.

Sutherland Global Services Reviews by Location