Sutherland Global Services

Sutherland Global Services Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Pleasant Co-Workers/Management & High-Stress Job
Customer Care (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMay 9, 2014
A typical day at work consists of resolving billing issues and providing information about products and services over the phone. This job has enhanced my computer skills and familiarized me with a fast-paced work environment. The management is competent and my co-workers are easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is keeping a positive attitude in response to receiving back to back complaints. The best thing about this position is the job security and guaranteed hours.
good dependable job
Technical support (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 27, 2015
very stressful when dealing with irate customers all day, they should have 10 minute breaks right after calls to be able to cope with the stress.
Fun with great people
AT&T Mobility Consultant (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free pizza, incentives, give aways
I really enjoy working at Sutherland. The people are great along with the management as well. More than willing to work with you if you have any issues.
Job where you get to deal with customers' problems
consultant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 17, 2014
If you can't handle dealing with pressure and multitasking, call center jobs aren't for you. The job required that you don't remain on the calls for a long time, breaks and any other activities are supervised. At times, you had to deal with customers' misunderstandings and a lot of times, they call to complain about a bill they have not gone through because they are convinced they are right. The company itself isn't that great to work for.
Boring but easy job
Senior Case Manager (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 18, 2014
If you are desperate for a job this job is always there they hardly ever turn people away. You do technical support but you don't have to be tech savvy they are always willing to teach new comers. There is always room for advancements due to the amount of people who leave per year. It does get to be stressful and very dry and you would have to learn to cope with that with that said some enjoy that kind of environment a lot.
busy workplace with many phone calls to take!
Smartphone Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Windsor, ONDecember 12, 2013
Pros: loved working at a call centre
Cons: when people hangup on you
research in motion department
inbound and outbound calls.
fixing any error on every single blackberry and learning about every error possible.
know how to fix software issues
how to sync device with computer or google
most enjoyable part was when you speak to the customers through the phone and they tell you they're life haha.
hardest part....some phone calls used to take a long time depending on the speed of the computer and if sometimes something did not work on the computer we had to fix the issue with the computer first and then move to the next step which is trying again with the device itself.
Good place to be to meet some great people and earn some money
Efficiency Specialist (WFM) (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 19, 2014
Pros: co-workers, flexiable managment, freebies
Cons: co-workers, shifts
Good place to get some customer facing experience and make some cool friends. The management team is pretty cool, as long as you adhere to company policies, which you should be doing anyways.
hard work all day
UFO technical support specialist (Former Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 10, 2014
Pros: it was a easy job
Cons: liked everything about it
start my computer log in and assist techs with issues they are having over the phone or over a chat

I learned how to manage multiple chats at a time and assist the customer and the techs with any issue that came up

the most enjoyable part of the job was finishing and assisting with any issue that came up i felt good fixing problems
I's fun to work with Sutherland
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), PhilippinesJuly 31, 2013
Pros: not a stressful job
Cons: long hours of sitting
What I am thankful for while working with Sutherland is what I learned from them. I know customer service is a difficult job as it takes a lot of patience and passion on how you can help your customer understand what is the process and how the product works and how you can deal with their concern. Sutherland gave me an opportunity to know myself better and they help me realize that customer service is what I do best.

I enjoyed staying with the company for almost four years as my co-workers are easy to get along with and the management really takes care of their employees.
nice clean work place,productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 16, 2013
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: weird start times and end times
I would go to work sign in to my work station and wait for a call to come in I learned people can be very touchy when it comes to their electronics are not working properly I learned that I cant take things personal with a caller and to distance myself from certain emotions when at work.
Management was pretty good always their to help and answer questions.
coworkers were always helpful too always willing to give a hand if needed.
hardest part of the job were the customers but at the same time the customers were one of the most enjoyable pat as well.
Customer Service Rep.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Sault Ste Marie, ONJuly 22, 2013
Pros: work
Cons: sitting behind desk.
I set up computer and connect to phone so I can answer phones. I help Customers with issue they are having with connecting to computer. Hours vary!
Management is there to guide you and help you if you run into issues

Co workers are friendly
Sitting behind desk answering calls. Because I am use to working in the industry work
most enjoyable part about my job is when I have helped the customer and my coworkers.
Ok place to work. I would not reconmend it to anyone. This job is not for everyone.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Windsor, ONMay 18, 2013
Pros: meet a lot of great people.
Cons: had a quota that you have to meet, very very pushy
In the world of Tell-marketing, Its hard. The job may seen easy to do but it is not good for everyone. My job that i had at Sutherland Global Services was a OK job. There was good points and bad at this line of work. I was under the AT&T Bronze SW program. I dealt with Irate customers when they called in about their bill. This job was really hard and Stressful for me. I would go back if it was my last resource.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Sault Ste.MarieOctober 29, 2012
I worked at sutherland global services for 2 years, It was really fun working with a team, and learning new things everyday. I love helping people as much as I can. I worked for AVG, selling technical service to people who needed it. My co-workers were amazing people who would give you a hand if needed. The hardest part of my job would had to of been telling people they had a virus on there computer. The most enjoyable part of my job was to let the customers know that we had a solution for there issue, and that I could get them over to a technician to remote onto there computer to fix there virus. It was a really good experience.
Fun Work Place with Gym, Recreation area and Gaming area.
Program Supervisor, Intuit Account (Former Employee), PhilippinesJanuary 4, 2013
Handles 15 agents in the team and monitors their individual performance to ensure that the service delivery level was met,
Learned a lot about technical stuff about trouble shooting computer related concerns.
Management is average, and the support is also good.
Co-workers are very fun to be with and also supportive.
hardest part of the job is to terminate an employee due to poor attendance and attitude problems.
Easiest and enjoyable part is when I easily got regularized and retained to the main account due to good performance.
Absolutely loved it!!!
Supervisor (Former Employee), Vernon, BCFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: loved teaching them and seeing them learn
Cons: have to give the discipline
Absolutely loved Sutherland. It was fun working my way up from CSR to Team Lead to Supervisor. As CSR there were metrics to meet, which i exceeded. As Team Lead I got to help struggling team members learn the policiies and be able to meet metrics. As supervisor I got to lead a team of 15 employees and make sure the they met metrics, give discipline where needed, I was able to do one on ones to get to know the reps better and teach them best how to learn the policies better. Also I was the go between for the company and the representatives for new material and rules.
Everyday is something different
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee), Windsor OntarioMay 2, 2012
Pros: great support staff
Cons: long hours
Sutherland Global Services is a very High paced environment.
I was able to complete all SGS offered LEAD courses and also completed my yellow belt in six sigma prior to my departure.
With my position I was working one on one with our clients to ensure they were provided with any data they may request or plan for upcoming training. The most enjoyable part of my position was the daily interactions with the employee's working on the production floor.
Email Agent (Current Employee), Windsor OntarioJanuary 28, 2013
Sutherland Global Services has helped me many ways, I work in BlackBerry Enterprise Support as an Email agent. I provide technical assistance to the client via email and sometimes by taking inbound calls. My management and co-workers has helped me in many ways to be able to perform multi tasks everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I speak to IT specialist and professional clients every day who has helped me to learn business language and how to communicate effectively. I have also learned computer skills, Microsoft Office and improved my typing skills by being an Email agent. I have been working for 2 years and have not found any task hard as my management was always there to answer my questions.
SALARY WAS MINIMUM BUT COMMISSION IS GOOD IF YOU MEET THE TARGET.
Call Agent for AT&T (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 6, 2012
Pros: commissions and free gift cards
Cons: talking over the phone for the whole 8 hours with irate people
THE SCHEDULE WAS A GREAT ONE BECAUSE IT IS A MONDAY TO FRIDAY WORK EITHER STARTS AT 9:00 AM TILL 5:30 PM OR FROM 9:45AM TILL 6:00 PM. I HAVE LEARNED LOT OF THINGS ON HOW TO DEAL WITH IRATE CUSTOMERS, DIFF KINDS OF PEOPLE AND OW TO CONTROL SELF. CO-WORKING WERE FUN TO WORK WITH. THE ONLY PROBLEM THAT I HAVE TO DEAL WITH WAS CUSTOMERS BEING SO VERY RUDE AND DESCRIMINATION THAT THEY MAKE YOU FEEL STUPID AND UNACCEPTED IN THE PLACE WHERE YOU AT.
Very political, advertising description does not match actual work atmosphere.
Technician/Team Leader/Trainer/Team Manager (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONJuly 31, 2012
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: poor management
Management are not very good at working with each other or employees. Management expectations of their employees is too strong for the lack of training they provide. The most enjoyable part of the day is when upper management leaves so the employees can relax and do the job without being under watch and pressure.
Typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Windsor, ONSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: benifits
Cons: the types of calls we had to deal with
So my typical day would be arriving at work 30 minutes early. I would sign into the computer and the programs required to do my job to the best of my abbility.
I would then log onto my phone and start taking constant incoming calls for 8 hrs. I would et the alloted breaks and lunch, and use them to leave the building and go out side for air from the fast enviroment.
Headquarters