Sutherland Global Services

Sutherland Global Services Employee Reviews in Canada

network support for tier 2 technicians
Network Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 7, 2015
Remotely accessing the network gateway and performed configuration of the static ip’s and LAN ,bridging ,routing and modifying other broadband settings
• Diagnosing the Optical network terminal (ONT) for Optical fiber related network signals
Monitoring the transmission channel such as ADSL and VDSL lines and keeping the eye on the line noise margin ration ,relcaps ,attenuation and service affecting parameters
Very good place to work
Assist in troubleshooting and technical support (Current Employee) –  sault ste marieMarch 4, 2015
The training, the people, the managers are all great! the people you work with make it so that its never a dull day. the hours are steady, and there is always someone there to help with improvement.
good dependable job
Technical support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 27, 2015
very stressful when dealing with irate customers all day, they should have 10 minute breaks right after calls to be able to cope with the stress.
productive and busy
Field Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  windsor, ontarioFebruary 25, 2015
The day is only 8 hours and ensure that everyone has opportunity to rest. The job is very busy in the daytime and the phones are constantly off the hook. word of advice is to pace self. great place to learn how to think on feet and getting quick solutions
Pros
quick thinking
Cons
short breaks
good company to work for
Technical Support/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, OntarioFebruary 22, 2015
Good company to work for. Training and support are well done. Co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with. Best part of the job was to solve problems for customers and make them happy. Hardest part of the job was learning some of the tools used to get resolution for customers although with practice and support it didnt take long to learn the majority of them.
Pros
excellent support staff and management.
Cons
dealing with stressful situations and varying shifts that are bid on based on performance and stats.
Hard Work and Challenging
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 9, 2015
While I worked at Sutherland Global, I developed a large amount of respect for the people I speak with over the phone. The job is not easy and requires quick thinking, patience and adaptability. The Job challenged me in ways I think have helped me to become a better employee.
Pros
bonuses and recognition
Cons
long hours, difficult clients
A very productive and positive place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 5, 2015
A very productive and positive place to work. There are a wonderful group of people there, both in personality and work ethic. Although the hours are long and the scheduling of the shifts can sometimes make it problematic for personal life, the place is a very good place to be employed.
Pros
great group of people to work with
productive workplace
Billing/sales (Current Employee) –  windsor ontarioJanuary 21, 2015
a typical day is signing into your systems and helping customers with any concerns they may have about their bill, fixing any issues with bills, solving account issues for customers if an order had an issue, setting up new services for customers and ensuring a high degree of customer satisfaction
benefits
Cons
runs off american holidays
Good benefits terrible client
Technical Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. MarieJanuary 20, 2015
I worked for one of Sutherlands clients Hughesnet. Which was the most incompetent awful company to work for because of their incompetence. Don't believe me google Hughesnet reviews and try and find one good or even ok one.
benefits
Cons
complete incompetence on client (hughesnet) not sutherland
Fun with great people
AT&T Mobility Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 8, 2015
I really enjoy working at Sutherland. The people are great along with the management as well. More than willing to work with you if you have any issues.
Pros
free pizza, incentives, give aways
Many drawbacks, not much positive beyond co-workers
Technical Support consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 1, 2015
A typical day at SGS:
Have to arrive at least 30 - 45 minutes early and be on your way up because of the impossibly long wait for the two elevators - and there's usually only one in service - so you can be upstairs and have everything set up before you start your shift, since you're expected to start answering the phones the second the clock ticks over.
The stairs are steep and awkward, so walking up 22 flights of stairs to the 11th floor is a bit over-the-top. (But 100% props to you if you do it!)
If you start after noon, you'll have to spend at least 20 minutes trying to find a seat with a working computer.
"Working" being a relative term because the computers can't actually handle the poorly coded tools that are required to do the job, and they freeze/crash all the time.
Now, the main ordering system can only launch one instance of ordering, and it is very slow and has a tendency to freeze up the entire program if you're not careful. My position had me handling 2-3 of these orders at once, with the clock running on how long it was taking to clear each.
If your computer is being extra problematic that day don't expect to be allowed to move seats. Managers are hard to find, and harder to convince of anything.

The only positives I have to say about this job is that when you take away the issues with the systems ( in dire need of an upgrade ) the actual job is easy, and the tools are not very complex. Comfy ergonomic chairs came in half way through my time at SGS, and there was always good conversation and interesting people during the lulls.
They allow their employees to have
  more... hobbies and books on the floor for breaks or when they are not busy, or on calls waiting for the customer/technician to do a task that takes time.  less
Pros
hire anyone, paid training, easy job, interesting people
Cons
long hours, impersonal, no support, hire anyone, weird dress code
Thought provoking and innovative
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONDecember 15, 2014
Interesting
Learned how to resolve technical issues innovatively
Supportive Management
Very friendly and fun loving co-workers
very well
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 23, 2014
great place to work, you just need to love your job if you want to work as customer service representative.
Pros
great location
Cons
shifts are random
stressfull
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 25, 2014
not a good place to work very stressfull, co workers are great management not so much. hardest part is going in every day the most enjoyable is leaving at the end of the day
Pros
no pros
Cons
long hours, ever changing schedule
OK
Customer Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 22, 2014
8.5-9 hour days
Sometimes management can be a pain depending on who is running within management.
Kind and supportive management
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 8, 2014
It is a great company. Lots of oportunities to grow and advance. The shifts just didn't work for my family
Great, and fun to work with co-workers. Very friendly indeed
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 22, 2014
Every job need dedication, connection with your customers is very important. Love working as a team, and with respect to co-workers. Our company deserve the best, we have to put our company image first above all. Implement and be creative, making sure customers are treated with lots of care. Listen to customer needs, and deliver it. Hardest part is whenever I am at work, I never stop working beyond the ours I'm supposed to stop.
Do not work here.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 11, 2014
Do not work here. Minimum wage, poor management skills, no work/home life balance.
Cons
everything
Productive days, Televisions on the walls to watch PG movies and BlackBerry news updates.
RIM/BlackBerry Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Days at Sutherland Global services were easy going but busy most of the days. I would follow up with my customer's issues, track the tickets, handle inbound and outbound calls.

I did learn a lot more about technology, Windows OS and BlackBerry devices. Customer Service skills and MS Office Applications.

The management were polite, reasonable and helpful.
My co-workers were kind. Everyone minded their business at their own cubical doing their work.

The hardest part about the job were the shifts, we would have to do the shift bids and most of the times, their shift bid system was at an incorrect order. Systems would shut down in the middle of our calls while customers were still on the line.

Most enjoyable part of the day was solving customer's issues, satisfactions and excellent customer service skills reviews.
Pros
free breaks, free coffee and pizzas.
Cons
long hours, 9-11 hour shifts. systems were down.
Crew Person
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 5, 2014
In training learning about the job
how to promote Telus products