Sutherland Global Services Employee Reviews

i enjoyed working there
Technical Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 May 2016
shocking to what other may say about sutherland, i enjoyed working there. the jobs were easy, never too stressful on me, and i made great friends with my fellow co-workers while employed and am still friends with them after employment.
good job
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 August 2016
It's a great job I just need something closer to home. I love working in customer service and providing customers with satisfaction.
Great place to work in general
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 June 2016
Management/Team Leaders very helpful, caring and ensuring their team to strive to be the best representative they can be.
Pros
Very good incentives to do better
Cons
Very loud and stressful enviroment
Productive workplace with great furniture
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 May 2016
Very fun atmosphere with lots of productivity, but as time goes by most of the things have already been done leaving you with time spent doing nothing but its still time to relax
productive fun environment
AT&T Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 May 2016
responsible for making sales on each phone call and resolving any customer complaints or issues.
Hardest part is understanding customers of different cultures and what they want.
Great atmosphere, but high turnover
AT&T GigaPower Technician Assistance (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 February 2016
I was on the Sutherland iCare committee and assisted with ensuing staff had an enjoyable atmosphere.
I thoroughly enjoyed what I did daily, and had great fellow employees that made the atmosphere even more enjoyable.
I wish employees had more value given the specialization when advancing to other departments.
Great company otherwise.
Good working enviroment
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 June 2016
Flexible schedule
great team work
great place to start up a career
and a place to learn and attain great heights
Good working environment
Stressful, long-hours
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 February 2016
Stressful, customer base is generally aggro. Long work hours, little balance between work & personal life. Little room for advancement in certain programs/departments.

An enjoyable part of the job is some of your peers, they can make a typically boring & stressful work environment fun from time to time.
Pros
non-strenuous activity
Cons
long hours, little balance between work & personal life, little room for advancement.
An Excellent Learning Opportunity
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 May 2016
A wonder learning experience for people who want to learn the in's and out of customer service under pressure. Definitely made my service a whole lot better
Sutherland Global Serives
Customer Service Representative / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  500 Ouelette Ave. Windsor, ON20 March 2016
A typical day at work is helping or assisting fellow co-workers with customers, when customers request for a supervisor for further assistance I make sure their issue is resolved.

Learned from management and co-workers to go above and beyond for the customer and empathize with them to understand where are they coming from. In addition to learn and excel to new software and systems to better the customer service experience.

The hardest part of the job when the systems don't work as efficient as they should, but I look at that aspect as positive because it makes me think better on my feet and think more outside the box, to assist the customer.

The most enjoyable part of the job is, my co-workers are a joy to work with and they're very much team players and the feeling that I resolved all the customer's questions and concerns.
Pros
full benefits
Cons
no room for moving up in the company/no promotions
Productive Place To Learn
Technical Support Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 June 2016
productive place to learn and improve on technical skills. long hours but good experience for those just entering customer support.
The issue of fun in the office is no different–both opinions have valid points, but in the end, your result will all depend on how you apply fun.
Case manager directly until resolution was reached (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 January 2016
Reinforced, to the customer, the importance of calling the Case
Manager directly until resolution was reached
Provided with contact numbers and information so they can contact management department Restated the customer’s statements to show an understanding of the issue
Demonstrated ownership compliant and ensured resolution of the issue
Not bad
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 May 2016
it wasnt bad tbh but i wouldnt work here at this company again because the employees are waste man and they dont deserve to mange so il see you later my friend okay
Representative
Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 January 2016
Description:Answer customers inquiries by utilizing tools, listening to customers and providing  information.

what I learned from this job experience would have to be how to learn with a fluctuating job environment, for example promotions, updates to company policies, and changing plans.

The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the Team work experience, I was able to work with more then a hundred coworkers and everyone was always able to help out anyone, always having fun and enjoying work.
Good environment to work in.
Tech Support agent (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON3 May 2016
Lots of overtime to bank on.
Paid bonus for sales with no tax.
If you like to solve computer problems this job is for you.
Management is always there to help.
pretty decent.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON18 February 2016
suutherland was pretty decent, the hours were steady so you always knew when you were working. they did not work around bus schedules. wouldnt help you if you were on a 6 hour call and had no breaks. very unorganized.
Pros
steady work
Cons
long hours, can get stressful, long calls.
Fun and laid back environment.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 March 2016
Relaxing and productive environment, employees are very friendly. Excellent company to work for, pay is great and they are very flexible with your shift concerning school!
Pros
pay incentives
Cons
sitting at a chair for long hours
Political Conflicts but Stable job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 July 2016
In training you learn a little, and it's more hands on experience. The computers in the training room are beyond slow and used to test your patience. Once you head on the production floor it's a different environment. You'll meet some good people, but never trust anyone as trust is a big issue. Management may promise you a lot, until you start doing well, then they may favour others over you, which mean favoritism is a big issue. Doesn't matter how much you perform, they keep saying it's your performance, meanwhile when you look at the numbers it's not, it's hand picked on who get's to be promoted, which is very unfair and definitely explains the ratings. Previous program(s), they have you write tests and they try to play a good role with feedback, but the truth, is determined if the coaches like you they'll choose you. The current program I'm in works the opposite, it's HAND picked over paperwork. Hence I have absolutely no respect to the ones who are incharged in making this decision. They say "It's you" meanwhile ask anyone working there, it's not YOU, it's THEM. Don't get me wrong, they provide good benefits, parking space and have very friendly staff.
Pros
Free Parking, Friendly environment, and outgoing people.
Cons
Lots of favoritism, unappreciative approach and work politics.
good atmosphere
technical support (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 January 2016
It is a good company to work for, management friendly and helpful, the job it self is easy however very stressful. It is a routine and repetitive job which try to resolve customers tv, internet and phone issues over the phone. I like the job, but I do believe it should pay more.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Pays too little
full time and worked with school schedule
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 March 2016
I enjoyed working here for the most part they gave me plenty opportunities to grow and provided me wit stable full time employment

Sutherland Global Services Reviews by Location