Sutherland Global Services Employee Reviews

Poor management, no respect for people, disfunctional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 February 2017
High stress job, with no training on how to deal with the stress related to the position. No worklife balance. Poorly prepared TM's.
Pros
Centrally located
Cons
Disregard that employees are human beings
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 June 2016
Good organizational culture, Productive business environment which fosters and promotes career learning and advancement, Fun and friendly workplace.
Very Stressful job, hourly pay is not worth it
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 February 2016
working in sutherland is very stressful. The benefits was not even good. It was a scent-free environment and yet very rare employee follow it.
Cons
80% benefit, low hourly rate
Great place to work, good experience
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 July 2016
A typical day at work would be to sign in to all programs, and start taking calls, helping customers with their tv, phone, or internet tech issues. Some issues commonly faced would be walking customers through restarting their devices, modems, while finding the source of a problem and booking techs if the issue couldn't be resolved over the phone.
I loved my coaches and managers, they only wanted you to succeed and cared about your personal needs. Co-workers were nice, but not much time to converse with them between calls.
The hardest part of the job was taking back to back calls, repeating the same things over and over again. It was easy, but it was mentally tiring.
The best part was talking to people all over the world and some people were so funny or interesting, and it made the long days more bearable.
bad management
Phone agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 January 2017
The job was stressfull, I worked in billing for AT&T and I was forced to push people to buy services that they couldn't afford by speaking to them in smart ways, I couldn't handle putting people in more debt then they were in already
Could be more organized, Fun people to work with.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON10 May 2016
A typical day at work consists of dealing with very irate customers. I've learned a lot about computer programs and patients. Our management can put together some good friendly games to make our days a bit better. The hardest part of the job is all the stress. I enjoy the people i work with.
Pros
we have free lunch and dress down days
Cons
Long hours with nothing to do
Sutherland
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 November 2016
Great job for people looking for hours,however environment is pretty grime and a lot of work is required for minimum wage.
productive and fun place and interactive with customers
Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Windsor.ON13 December 2016
very nice job had a chance of customer interaction and making cutomer satisfied and overcome their technical issues.cobines both technical and customer reprensative experience
Pros
friendly coahes
Cons
back to back calls
Good place for entry level work opportunities
tax season consultant (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON23 January 2017
good place to gain valuable work experience
good training opportunities
clean work areas
great h&s comity
good place to meet new friends
good opportunity to travel
Great co-workers, no advancement
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON3 August 2016
The calls were sometime too shortly timed as not everyone can be helped in that short time span, some calls DO take longer than others. and I do not think you should be penalized for this, which you are. Unfair.
Co-workers were sometimes funny and fun.
Hardest part of the job was trying to get a call accomplished before the set time of let's say 12-15 minutes. Sometimes it is darn near impossible.
the most enjoyable part was probably the breaks or the time when we got to go home to our families.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Annoying Hours
well this place takes the cake
Customer Service Rep. Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 July 2016
this place had its pros and cons and more so cons i can think of, the job security wasn't good i could have lost my job any time even after my 3 month probation and i ended up quitting my job there because i was refused vacation time when i worked for it and payed into it
speaking to different people fun workplace
Sales (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 July 2016
Get set up on your computer and start answering phone calls. Every day we learn something new. Learn the sales to pitch and receive commission. Be patient and always have a positive attitude. Work can be long and boring but its what gets you by.
Pros
being social
Nice place
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 February 2017
I heard a lot of negative things about this place before working there, but I experienced the opposite. In my opinion, working at Sutherland was a nice experience.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Quite boring
was an incentive building company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 June 2016
becauae of the customer complaints my floor of customer service reps. would get stressed out expecially since we worked long hours so they would give us prizes and fun activities to do during out 10 minute break. Wasnt a very good work environment way to much negativity
High turn over and for good reason
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 August 2016
I worked on the floor for a month and had to quit. Had a manager tell me my numbers were low and because my numbers were low we were not going to get the good hours the following month (8-5 M-F) she then said that it was obvious I didn't care about my son otherwise my numbers would have been better. Training was fun and enjoyable but the managers are awful. Honestly their is no leadership.
Pros
You get paid?
Cons
Atmosphere looks enjoyable but it's a lie
Only good if you're desperate.
Telecommunications Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 July 2013
If you are absolutely desperate for a job, than this job is definitely better than living on the streets. Here you will be on the phones all day (which actually isn't that bad once you get past the whole being yelled at thing) but you will be constantly dealing with poor upper management. I worked in Sales, and the it was extremely organized. You're no longer treated as a person, more like a hog there for one specific purpose, and there is absolutely no such thing as job security. If management doesn't like you (or in some cases if you don't put out) they will find any possible reason to either make you hate your job and have no sanity until you voluntarily quit or just fire you.

The only plus side about working here is the benefits, which you will use. Frequently.
Pros
Amazing benefits, amazing coworkers.
Cons
Poor salary, terrible management, long hours, no sanity.
Good experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 January 2017
A good job to learn how to deal with customers, especially unsatisfied customers and how to help them. Working environment is not great though.
It was okay.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 February 2017
Sutherland Global Services, Is a a job i took over the summer. its based in Windsor but it is an American owned Telephone, Cell-phone and internet service provider.
very productive workplace
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 December 2016
Challenging at first but very exciting after adaptation. conducive working environment with open aspirations for every worker.
Fast Pace Environment
ISM Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 November 2016
A very busy workplace requiring lot of energy and concentration.Working hours and holidays keep changing based on the requirement.
Pros
Paid Training
Cons
Varied hours

Sutherland Global Services Reviews by Location