Sutherland Global Services

Sutherland Global Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Making customers happy and supportive management.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 12, 2015
A typical day at work involves handling at minimum 4-6 irate customers who are unsatisfied about the service. What I do as a customer service representative is de-escalate this situations, look at our offers and come up with an alternative, or simply give the customer an explanation on how to stop the same situation from happening again. This involved a lot of listening, patience, and problem solving skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was giving the customer a resolution, and flipping the situation to give them a smile.
Another thing I loved about Sutherland was the extremely supportive staff. Your good work was always recognized, and if you were in need of help, your coworkers/team managers were always there to help you progress and improve.
Pros
Many ways to advance in the company.
Customer Service Professional
Customer service professional (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONDecember 18, 2015
• Providing accurate and timely solutions to customer queries and problems
• Accepting assignments as part of a team project
• Using call center support applications to enhance assistance to customers and agents
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 23, 2016
Its good, best suited for starter, you get to know a lot about Canadian customer requirement and workplace, love the management team.
Productive and fun place to work
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste MarieOctober 1, 2015
I start at 9:30 am and finish at 6pm
I learned many ways to get a complete call from all types of customers.
I manage my day well and get along with the 9 co-workers on my team. We have targets to hit for the month and we manage to meet them every month concentrating on our calls.
The hardest part of the job is to get over the borden we might face as it is repetitive.
The most enjoyable part to the job is friends you make on the team and working well together. It was enjoyable to learn from each other.
Pros
pot lucks, day shifts, weekends off
Cons
repetitive work
stressful, long hours.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 8, 2016
stressful, little room for advancement, no balance between work & personal life, long hours.

Some of your peers are an enjoyable part of the job.
Horrible Comapny
Consultant (Former Employee) –  windsor, ontarioOctober 20, 2015
Sutherland was the worst company I ever worked for in my life. No exaggeration, being completely honest. Answering phone calls all day none stop to jerks, bad management, bad hours, short breaks.

I CAN GUARANTEE THIS COMPANY HAS THE HIGHEST TURNOVER IN ALL OF CANADA. 100% GUARANTEED.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
everything
horrible dont work here
Customer service/sales (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONDecember 2, 2015
They pay minimum wage and train you to.do.soo much but pay minimum wage I been there for five years and got one pay increase.If you would like to have high blood pressure gladly apply I bet you wont last month
not flexible
technical support (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 19, 2016
not flexible, long hours, strict policies but overall, i enjoyed helping the customers.
I was always positive and did it to the best of my ability.
Great
Tier 2 technical support for ATT (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 14, 2015
Was a great place to work for the almost year and a half I was there. Great work environment, reliable pay and hours.Schedule could be a bit hectic but that is totally in your control after first month.
Bad experience.
Tech support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 1, 2015
A third world company with a third world attitude. Good people ham-stringed by a culture of,"People don't matter, there are more to choose from>" When there are 50 new hires every 2 weeks, replacing those who quit or were terminated for trumped - up charges, being able to fit - in here is nothing to aspire to.
Pros
Cons
Lousy clients with unreasonable demands.
Not a fun place to work
senior consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 11, 2015
It is like a high school very unprofessional, females are favored by male managment staff for promotions due to looks. Place is very outdated and full of issues.
Pros
sitting down
Cons
everything else
Awesome work and life exerience
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 7, 2016
My typical day at work would consist of taking inbound calls from AT&T wireless customers and resolving their issues and concerns in a time efficient, friendly, and professional manner. While being employed with SGS I have addressed and resolved customers concerns and complaints, accurately documented and researched all service issues, referred unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation. I also learned to always act professionally and patiently when addressing negative customer feedback. As far as the topic on management goes, throughout my time with SGS I have been very fortunate with my management team for the most part,however my co-workers truly did make the job worth while. Like any job there are always some downfalls, some of the hardest parts of my job would have been the fact that we are a department that is always on the go, Being an inbound call business, sometimes does cause to feel mentally drained since from time to time the job becomes repetitive. The most enjoyable part of the job was the recognition you received for a job well done as well as the many opportunities this job opens.
Save your time
customer service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 14, 2015
This is by far the worst company to work for. Yes, it pays the bills. Yes, there is benefits. But if you aren't 'cool' and the coaches don't like you, then you will never move up. Ever. The management in the mobility department is the worst thing to ever walk this earth. Theres one manager who is a complete psycho, and everyone hates her, and she is so unprofessional. People cry on a daily basis. That is the main thing about this place. They will hire anybody who walks in that door, and they never do anything about the horrible management. I felt like I was in highschool in grade 10 with all the drama. Worst. Place. Ever.
Benefits
Cons
Management, long hours, horrible shifts, if you're not popular you won't move up.
Nice workplace.
Customer Service/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 28, 2015
On a typical day, there is music in the room with several people talking on phones all at once. Gets pretty noisy sometimes and you have to explain to clients about the background noises. I learned a new level of patience and tolerance I did not know I had before. Management is OK. Co-workers are pleasant with each other, but hardly have the time to actually get to know each other. The hardest part of the job was being insulted by clients who are not satisfied with company services. There are those days when you feel wretched for clients you are not able to help the way they want. Plus, the system of evaluating employees was kind of unfair. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to go above and beyond for a client and knowing you had made an impact on them or their lives.
Pros
Free launches every now and then.
Cons
Long hours, little support, low pay.
Not this life
Tier 3 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 21, 2015
The money is better then minimum wage and as long as you don't know what people made doing the position in the states, then it's fine. Knowing you make a third of what the previous department employees made is the issue. If you can do your job and 5 other positions then again it's workable.
Great pay, not so good environment.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 28, 2015
The training class was great. Got to meet some nice people. However, once we got to to the production floor, there was next to NO support which made everything very stressful. Many people that were supposed to be helping people, ignored them. My "coach" couldn't care less about helping us learn how to do our job. I worked very hard to be good at my job and do my very best, but with how poorly managed everything is, I knew there was something much better out there.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management, lack of support.
Good job
Technical Consultant/Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 26, 2015
it is a nice place to get some experience. Nice location downtown Windsor and training was good. Good management exercised during my time at Sutherland
Not a job for just anyone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 4, 2015
The people were fantastic! The job itself is not for everyone. I am a very caring and sensitive person. Trying to sell to people who clearly cannot afford it, was just NOT for me.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Pressure Sales
great work place
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 5, 2015
Sutherland Global service is providing many call center jobs to the South East Asian countries and taking jobs away from the North American countries. They are also paying a very low salary and they are hiring great workers which makes the workplace great not the CEO or the company
Pros
you get to learn how to multitask with many softwares and tools
Cons
you don't get paid enough for how much you work
A place to work
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 29, 2015
Basically Its a bunch of Kids Running a Company that has a contract with AT&T. They only care about drinking and making friends if you don't fit in they find away to get rid of you.

A typical work day was poo you pick up calls and get help fix issues. then get yelled at by your boss because you aren't ever good enough.

You learn that if you are young and social you don't need anything else you can just talk your way into anything without ever doing a thing

Sutherland Global Services Reviews by Location