Sutherland Global Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Bad experience.
Tech support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 1, 2015
A third world company with a third world attitude. Good people ham-stringed by a culture of,"People don't matter, there are more to choose from>" When there are 50 new hires every 2 weeks, replacing those who quit or were terminated for trumped - up charges, being able to fit - in here is nothing to aspire to.
Pros
Cons
Lousy clients with unreasonable demands.
Not this life
Tier 3 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 21, 2015
The money is better then minimum wage and as long as you don't know what people made doing the position in the states, then it's fine. Knowing you make a third of what the previous department employees made is the issue. If you can do your job and 5 other positions then again it's workable.
They have some improvements to make.
Customer Care Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 14, 2015
A typical day at sutherland involved accepting inbound calls from AT&T customers. Customer can be fairly angry or upset and can project their feelings on you. Representatives need to be skilled in problem solving, reassuring the customer and deescalating callers.

A disadvantage to working here is the emotional burn out you will feel when you resolve the customer's issue but the customer may still not give you a positive survey, or may not fill out a survey for you at all, which will negatively affect your score. Sutherland takes these scores seriously, and there is pressure to keep yourself in range. If you don't stay in range, they will fire you. It can be stressful, as some customers are satisfied but just chose not to fill out the surveys, or some are angry entering the call and are still upset even after a solution is presented. With the pressure to stay in range, and upset customers lashing out at you for something that is not your fault, it doesn't take much to feel overwhelmed and burnt out. In my opinion, their score system is flawed. It is understandable that scores should be important to sutherland, as it's the only way to review the agents, however people should not be fired because of neutral callers. Maybe in the future they will improve their score system, but as of right now, it only creates more stress to an already stressful job.
Pros
commission, occasionally free food (BBQs, coffee, etc)
Cons
shift changes, poor management, stressful job
Nice workplace.
Customer Service/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 28, 2015
On a typical day, there is music in the room with several people talking on phones all at once. Gets pretty noisy sometimes and you have to explain to clients about the background noises. I learned a new level of patience and tolerance I did not know I had before. Management is OK. Co-workers are pleasant with each other, but hardly have the time to actually get to know each other. The hardest part of the job was being insulted by clients who are not satisfied with company services. There are those days when you feel wretched for clients you are not able to help the way they want. Plus, the system of evaluating employees was kind of unfair. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to go above and beyond for a client and knowing you had made an impact on them or their lives.
Pros
Free launches every now and then.
Cons
Long hours, little support, low pay.
Save your time
customer service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 14, 2015
This is by far the worst company to work for. Yes, it pays the bills. Yes, there is benefits. But if you aren't 'cool' and the coaches don't like you, then you will never move up. Ever. The management in the mobility department is the worst thing to ever walk this earth. Theres one manager who is a complete psycho, and everyone hates her, and she is so unprofessional. People cry on a daily basis. That is the main thing about this place. They will hire anybody who walks in that door, and they never do anything about the horrible management. I felt like I was in highschool in grade 10 with all the drama. Worst. Place. Ever.
Benefits
Cons
Management, long hours, horrible shifts, if you're not popular you won't move up.
Great start
Resolution Specialist Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 13, 2015
Great company for a starting job but not much advancement opportunity for management or higher. Amazing set of people working there.
Pros
Good for starters
Cons
Not a career
Great pay, not so good environment.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 28, 2015
The training class was great. Got to meet some nice people. However, once we got to to the production floor, there was next to NO support which made everything very stressful. Many people that were supposed to be helping people, ignored them. My "coach" couldn't care less about helping us learn how to do our job. I worked very hard to be good at my job and do my very best, but with how poorly managed everything is, I knew there was something much better out there.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management, lack of support.
Sutherland
Sales Representative/ Floor Support (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 8, 2015
Working for Sutherland would only be a temp job not a long term job I would not recommend this job to anyone. Ive been there for 5 years and still unable to move up in the company and no pay increases
great work place
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 5, 2015
Sutherland Global service is providing many call center jobs to the South East Asian countries and taking jobs away from the North American countries. They are also paying a very low salary and they are hiring great workers which makes the workplace great not the CEO or the company
Pros
you get to learn how to multitask with many softwares and tools
Cons
you don't get paid enough for how much you work
enjoyable envioroment
Technical Support Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 31, 2015
very enjoyable place and productive with excellent culture.
I have good working relation with my co-worker and we share views all the time.
A place to work
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 29, 2015
Basically Its a bunch of Kids Running a Company that has a contract with AT&T. They only care about drinking and making friends if you don't fit in they find away to get rid of you.

A typical work day was poo you pick up calls and get help fix issues. then get yelled at by your boss because you aren't ever good enough.

You learn that if you are young and social you don't need anything else you can just talk your way into anything without ever doing a thing
Sutherland 101
Sr. Consultant-- AT&T (Current Employee) –  Sault ste marieApril 26, 2015
2-4 weeks of paid training
come in every day before you shift get a free 10 minutes of pay to get your systems open.
Take calls nonstop until you break- *you get to select your own break times"
It's the people who really make this job special.
Pros
Hours, hiring, many lateral positions
Cons
Low pay, Management, consistency, Ethics
Productive workplabe with secure work environment
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 20, 2015
A typical day seems like receiving atleast 40 inbound calls from customers and fixing their issues. I learned how to communicate better in order to solve customers issue. Management is amazing as they are very supportive. Also co-workers are helpful in order to help new hires. Hardest part would be worklife balance. Most enjoyable part is we get to gave fun as we all employees sit together and make it a fun place to work
No respect too much pressure
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 9, 2015
we have no say in anything and we can't voice our opinion and too much pressure and stress staff is great it is the company and how we are treated
Pros
lunch time
Cons
no respect
Good Place to work in
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 4, 2015
good place to work in, they had benefits and people were helpful.. their salaries was good they gave me alot of experience in a couple of months
Monotonous work
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 2, 2015
I wasnt able to fully apply myself at sutherland for one reason, I cared too much about each individual call.

Clock in, start taking calls.

Roughly after a short while, break, then more calls until lunch

Lunch to second break, then by end of day clock out, go home.

I cared far too much about each individual call, which tore me up inside.
Pros
Cons
Hours
never ending calls, terrible managers, you will go crazy, great people though
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 1, 2015
Sutherland is a great place to make friends, the people you work with are fantastic.
Sutherland has a high turn over rate (so be aware of that)
The managers are so-so, very few of them are good most of them are cold, and usually do not communicate with one another.
you will be talking a lot of calls, a never ending amount of calls, they will be from the US (but don't tell them that you're Canadian) the people calling will have little to no understanding of any technology, they will yell and scream at you, and will not usually listen.
the pay is good if you enjoy sitting in a drab gray mini cubical.
the hardest par to f the job is dealing with the new people who are not fully trained, and the "support" team which is full of newbies who, again are not fully trained. long hours make it hard to have any friends out side of work
most enjoyable part are really the friends you will make
Pros
new friends, sometimes lunch days.
Cons
long hours, uncoordinated managers
It's a call centre.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste Marie, ONMarch 27, 2015
Get to work, log into your computer, log into the phone. Take calls all day. The program is inbound sales. I assisted customers place their orders and tried to up sell and cross sell the product line. The job had some stress because you were rated on up sells and cross sells. Most of my co-workers were nice people.
Pros
Good place to work.
Cons
Call centre.
I worked with a great team.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONMarch 20, 2015
There wasn't always a typical day. That's what I liked about it the most. I liked that on each call you didn't know what skill you may have to use to assist the customer. There was monthly employee of the month awards.
Pros
getting to work with a great team, having great resources to do the job
Cons
unfortunately i was laid off after working there for several years, i of course understand it was a business need, it was just hard to leave a job i had been working at for over 5 years
stressful
Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONMarch 13, 2015
was a very stressful work place! customers were usually irate and didnt like us from the start,had to calm them down explain they're phone to them and then try and sell them something