Sutherland Global Services

Sutherland Global Services Employee Reviews in Canada

stressful, long hours.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 8, 2016
stressful, little room for advancement, no balance between work & personal life, long hours.

Some of your peers are an enjoyable part of the job.
Stressful, long-hours
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Stressful, customer base is generally aggro. Long work hours, little balance between work & personal life. Little room for advancement in certain programs/departments.

An enjoyable part of the job is some of your peers, they can make a typically boring & stressful work environment fun from time to time.
Pros
non-strenuous activity
Cons
long hours, little balance between work & personal life, little room for advancement.
Fun relaxed environment
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONJanuary 29, 2016
I learned a lot while working at Sutherland. The trainers were really clear and informative while teaching the classes. The management were kind and understanding.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
the phones were unbearable
The issue of fun in the office is no different–both opinions have valid points, but in the end, your result will all depend on how you apply fun.
Case manager directly until resolution was reached (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Reinforced, to the customer, the importance of calling the Case
Manager directly until resolution was reached
Provided with contact numbers and information so they can contact management department Restated the customer’s statements to show an understanding of the issue
Demonstrated ownership compliant and ensured resolution of the issue
good atmosphere
technical support (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 20, 2016
It is a good company to work for, management friendly and helpful, the job it self is easy however very stressful. It is a routine and repetitive job which try to resolve customers tv, internet and phone issues over the phone. I like the job, but I do believe it should pay more.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Pays too little
not flexible
technical support (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 19, 2016
not flexible, long hours, strict policies but overall, i enjoyed helping the customers.
I was always positive and did it to the best of my ability.
Awesome work and life exerience
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 7, 2016
My typical day at work would consist of taking inbound calls from AT&T wireless customers and resolving their issues and concerns in a time efficient, friendly, and professional manner. While being employed with SGS I have addressed and resolved customers concerns and complaints, accurately documented and researched all service issues, referred unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation. I also learned to always act professionally and patiently when addressing negative customer feedback. As far as the topic on management goes, throughout my time with SGS I have been very fortunate with my management team for the most part,however my co-workers truly did make the job worth while. Like any job there are always some downfalls, some of the hardest parts of my job would have been the fact that we are a department that is always on the go, Being an inbound call business, sometimes does cause to feel mentally drained since from time to time the job becomes repetitive. The most enjoyable part of the job was the recognition you received for a job well done as well as the many opportunities this job opens.
They had a wii to play in the break rooms
tech support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Took tech calls back to back for 9 hrs a day. Had to work fast and know about everything there was to know about tech issues for cable equipment and update wifi/ computer know how.
Pros
close to home
Cons
there work place rules on religion
Representative
Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 1, 2016
Description:Answer customers inquiries by utilizing tools, listening to customers and providing  information.

what I learned from this job experience would have to be how to learn with a fluctuating job environment, for example promotions, updates to company policies, and changing plans.

The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the Team work experience, I was able to work with more then a hundred coworkers and everyone was always able to help out anyone, always having fun and enjoying work.
Customer Service Professional
Customer service professional (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONDecember 18, 2015
• Providing accurate and timely solutions to customer queries and problems
• Accepting assignments as part of a team project
• Using call center support applications to enhance assistance to customers and agents
very nice place of work, quite clean and kept up to par
Remote computer technical support (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONDecember 11, 2015
a typical day at work would involve inbound and outgoing calls, concerning customers of our support program and their home computer. At this job i quickly learned how to repair system errors such as software bugs or viral/malware infections. the management was very likable and down to earth, if you had a problem or an issue they would more often than not help you to resolve it even if their personal work load was severe. my coworkers were always there for assistance and teamwork was a daily effort. the hardest part of the job would have to be informing new customers of the fact that our support was a fee based third tier service and taking insult after insult over the phone.
the most enjoyable part of this job was making people happy at the end of it all.
Pros
stable hours and clean work
Cons
i was working from 12:30pm untill 9:00pm so i did not have anytime for anything
horrible dont work here
Customer service/sales (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONDecember 2, 2015
They pay minimum wage and train you to.do.soo much but pay minimum wage I been there for five years and got one pay increase.If you would like to have high blood pressure gladly apply I bet you wont last month
Great
Tier 2 technical support for ATT (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 14, 2015
Was a great place to work for the almost year and a half I was there. Great work environment, reliable pay and hours.Schedule could be a bit hectic but that is totally in your control after first month.
Making customers happy and supportive management.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 12, 2015
A typical day at work involves handling at minimum 4-6 irate customers who are unsatisfied about the service. What I do as a customer service representative is de-escalate this situations, look at our offers and come up with an alternative, or simply give the customer an explanation on how to stop the same situation from happening again. This involved a lot of listening, patience, and problem solving skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was giving the customer a resolution, and flipping the situation to give them a smile.
Another thing I loved about Sutherland was the extremely supportive staff. Your good work was always recognized, and if you were in need of help, your coworkers/team managers were always there to help you progress and improve.
Pros
Many ways to advance in the company.
Not a fun place to work
senior consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 11, 2015
It is like a high school very unprofessional, females are favored by male managment staff for promotions due to looks. Place is very outdated and full of issues.
Pros
sitting down
Cons
everything else
My experience with Sutherland
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 5, 2015
Sutherland is a great experience for people seeking a new career to have their skills developed but it is limited regarding growth and advancement within the company. I have excelled and exhausted all resources at Sutherland and I am not seeking a career job which provides me the incentive of advancement within a company.
Pros
The people you meet and the relationships you build
Cons
limited growth
Specialized to work with technicians
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 4, 2015
I started off at Sutherland working for AT&T technical support assisting customers with there modem issues and adjusting monthly bills. I was promoted very quickly to work only with AT&T technicians while they are at customers houses to do line-testing and setting up the proper signals.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Very bad work schedule and was not consistent.
Good job
Technical Consultant/Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 26, 2015
it is a nice place to get some experience. Nice location downtown Windsor and training was good. Good management exercised during my time at Sutherland
Horrible Comapny
Consultant (Former Employee) –  windsor, ontarioOctober 20, 2015
Sutherland was the worst company I ever worked for in my life. No exaggeration, being completely honest. Answering phone calls all day none stop to jerks, bad management, bad hours, short breaks.

I CAN GUARANTEE THIS COMPANY HAS THE HIGHEST TURNOVER IN ALL OF CANADA. 100% GUARANTEED.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
everything
Not a job for just anyone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 4, 2015
The people were fantastic! The job itself is not for everyone. I am a very caring and sensitive person. Trying to sell to people who clearly cannot afford it, was just NOT for me.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Pressure Sales