Sutherland Global Services

Sutherland Global Services Employee Reviews

terrible
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 12, 2016
while your working there you better have good sales pitches because they stop caring about you if you dont. they put you down all the time my friend got told he has no work ethic but he works hard. 9 hours a day for 12 dollars is not worth how much stress you have to go threw. its not worth it for working for a american company here in canada
Pros
sit in a chair all day
Cons
long hours, forcefull
inbound calls- sales representative
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 10, 2016
Sutherland management is very bad. They don't pay your commissions if you miss one single sale out of the monthly parameters, which changes every single month.
They will locally get rid of any old employees after 2 years, in order to save money. They will take a new employee, so they can get the government bonus for hiring people receiving social assistant.

Supervisor never help troubleshooting and they are very rude. They never know how to help and basically leave you on your own.
Pros
some benefits
Cons
sales commission changes every month.
Great place to work, good experience
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 7, 2016
A typical day at work would be to sign in to all programs, and start taking calls, helping customers with their tv, phone, or internet tech issues. Some issues commonly faced would be walking customers through restarting their devices, modems, while finding the source of a problem and booking techs if the issue couldn't be resolved over the phone.
I loved my coaches and managers, they only wanted you to succeed and cared about your personal needs. Co-workers were nice, but not much time to converse with them between calls.
The hardest part of the job was taking back to back calls, repeating the same things over and over again. It was easy, but it was mentally tiring.
The best part was talking to people all over the world and some people were so funny or interesting, and it made the long days more bearable.
Sales floor with weekly goals
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 3, 2016
I learned to handle calls to a certain call time, and handle calls with a professional tone. The hardest part of my job was to handle irate customers without escalating to a manager.
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 30, 2016
Good organizational culture, Productive business environment which fosters and promotes career learning and advancement, Fun and friendly workplace.
Work
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  500 Ouellette Ave, Windsor, ON N9A 1B3June 24, 2016
Sutherland global services helped to grow my communication skill with the customers. This job taught me how to be patient and so polite towards the customers. I personally believe that conveying something to a person is not that easy so being a customer representative this job taught me how to communicate and convey the message well with the person in the way that they would understand.
Pros
free food in special occassion
Cons
Long hour shift
Excellent opportunities
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 22, 2016
Sutherland allows you to grow within the company. They focus on the development and advancement of their employees. Client demands will often times overcast this focus, however this is where you learn. I have learned ways to balance both client and internal employees. The people I work with make it enjoyable to work here. To see their own development and advancement is amazing, and I love the team atmosphere. This is the biggest reason why I enjoy what I do. This company looks for future leaders and allows the opportunity for anyone. The most difficult part of the job is balancing the needs of the client vs the needs of the company. This will at times cause challenges in the mentality of those that you are responsible for. Overall, a great place to improve your skills and take them with you.
was an incentive building company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 20, 2016
becauae of the customer complaints my floor of customer service reps. would get stressed out expecially since we worked long hours so they would give us prizes and fun activities to do during out 10 minute break. Wasnt a very good work environment way to much negativity
Good working enviroment
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 18, 2016
Flexible schedule
great team work
great place to start up a career
and a place to learn and attain great heights
Good working environment
Enjoyable
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONJune 13, 2016
Interesting work environment as I had not worked in a cal center before. I enjoyed the hours and the ability to kind of choose your own shift.
Pros
Free food from time to time, dress down days
Cons
Stressful at times, same thing every day.
Has a bigger turnover rate than a Football game
Tier 1 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 8, 2016
When you're not being given the daily dosage of racial slurs or other insults through the phone calls with absolutely bafflingly stupid customers, you're sweating from the lack of proper Air-Conditioning, or worried that your day at work will be your last since the company will let you go for absolutely anything.

Had a customer who decided YOU need to fix their Netflix account, even though the website and service is down for maintenance? You're gone for not helping them enough, even though it's not in your policy.

Nearly died coming back from lunch cause a car almost hit you? You take too many breaks. Bye.

Your computer froze while working on an issue and now you gotta start over, and the customer understands the wait time? You're gone cause you take too long.

Finish an issue too quick? You're not being personal enough with customers.
Pros
You get to go on Reddit all day.
Cons
Everything.
Great place to work in general
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 6, 2016
Management/Team Leaders very helpful, caring and ensuring their team to strive to be the best representative they can be.
Pros
Very good incentives to do better
Cons
Very loud and stressful enviroment
Productive Place To Learn
Technical Support Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 1, 2016
productive place to learn and improve on technical skills. long hours but good experience for those just entering customer support.
productive fun environment
AT&T Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 27, 2016
responsible for making sales on each phone call and resolving any customer complaints or issues.
Hardest part is understanding customers of different cultures and what they want.
Not bad
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 25, 2016
it wasnt bad tbh but i wouldnt work here at this company again because the employees are waste man and they dont deserve to mange so il see you later my friend okay
i enjoyed working there
Technical Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 23, 2016
shocking to what other may say about sutherland, i enjoyed working there. the jobs were easy, never too stressful on me, and i made great friends with my fellow co-workers while employed and am still friends with them after employment.
An Excellent Learning Opportunity
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 16, 2016
A wonder learning experience for people who want to learn the in's and out of customer service under pressure. Definitely made my service a whole lot better
Productive workplace with great furniture
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 11, 2016
Very fun atmosphere with lots of productivity, but as time goes by most of the things have already been done leaving you with time spent doing nothing but its still time to relax
Could be more organized, Fun people to work with.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONMay 10, 2016
A typical day at work consists of dealing with very irate customers. I've learned a lot about computer programs and patients. Our management can put together some good friendly games to make our days a bit better. The hardest part of the job is all the stress. I enjoy the people i work with.
Pros
we have free lunch and dress down days
Cons
Long hours with nothing to do
Good environment to work in.
Tech Support agent (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONMay 3, 2016
Lots of overtime to bank on.
Paid bonus for sales with no tax.
If you like to solve computer problems this job is for you.
Management is always there to help.

Sutherland Global Services Reviews by Location