Sutherland Global Services

Sutherland Global Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Nice workplace.
Customer Service/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 28, 2015
On a typical day, there is music in the room with several people talking on phones all at once. Gets pretty noisy sometimes and you have to explain to clients about the background noises. I learned a new level of patience and tolerance I did not know I had before. Management is OK. Co-workers are pleasant with each other, but hardly have the time to actually get to know each other. The hardest part of the job was being insulted by clients who are not satisfied with company services. There are those days when you feel wretched for clients you are not able to help the way they want. Plus, the system of evaluating employees was kind of unfair. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to go above and beyond for a client and knowing you had made an impact on them or their lives.
Pros
Free launches every now and then.
Cons
Long hours, little support, low pay.
Work
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  500 Ouellette Ave, Windsor, ON N9A 1B3June 24, 2016
Sutherland global services helped to grow my communication skill with the customers. This job taught me how to be patient and so polite towards the customers. I personally believe that conveying something to a person is not that easy so being a customer representative this job taught me how to communicate and convey the message well with the person in the way that they would understand.
Pros
free food in special occassion
Cons
Long hour shift
terrible
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 12, 2016
while your working there you better have good sales pitches because they stop caring about you if you dont. they put you down all the time my friend got told he has no work ethic but he works hard. 9 hours a day for 12 dollars is not worth how much stress you have to go threw. its not worth it for working for a american company here in canada
Pros
sit in a chair all day
Cons
long hours, forcefull
Political Conflicts but Stable job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 30, 2016
In training you learn a little, and it's more hands on experience. The computers in the training room are beyond slow and used to test your patience. Once you head on the production floor it's a different environment. You'll meet some good people, but never trust anyone as trust is a big issue. Management may promise you a lot, until you start doing well, then they may favour others over you, which mean favoritism is a big issue. Doesn't matter how much you perform, they keep saying it's your performance, meanwhile when you look at the numbers it's not, it's hand picked on who get's to be promoted, which is very unfair and definitely explains the ratings. Previous program(s), they have you write tests and they try to play a good role with feedback, but the truth, is determined if the coaches like you they'll choose you. The current program I'm in works the opposite, it's HAND picked over paperwork. Hence I have absolutely no respect to the ones who are incharged in making this decision. They say "It's you" meanwhile ask anyone working there, it's not YOU, it's THEM. Don't get me wrong, they provide good benefits, parking space and have very friendly staff.
Pros
Free Parking, Friendly environment, and outgoing people.
Cons
Lots of favoritism, unappreciative approach and work politics.
Productive and fun workplace with cafeterias and activities
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 26, 2016
Love the environment and how the company takes care of their employees. You meet new people and feel challenged everyday. The actual job is fun and demands patience and forward thinking when taking calls but overall great company to work with.
Pros
Activities, great lessons and training, good environment
Cons
Pay every two weeks
Enjoyed working with co-workers and training manager was very informative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 22, 2016
Overall the job itself was very boring but at times it had its fun moments. Sometimes you would call somebody in a good mood and have a nice conversation but sometimes they were in a bad mood and they don't want to talk at all. It's not a job for everybody but it has very good benefits for full time employees
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 23, 2016
Its good, best suited for starter, you get to know a lot about Canadian customer requirement and workplace, love the management team.
Very Stressful job, hourly pay is not worth it
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 25, 2016
working in sutherland is very stressful. The benefits was not even good. It was a scent-free environment and yet very rare employee follow it.
Cons
80% benefit, low hourly rate
Could be more organized, Fun people to work with.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONMay 10, 2016
A typical day at work consists of dealing with very irate customers. I've learned a lot about computer programs and patients. Our management can put together some good friendly games to make our days a bit better. The hardest part of the job is all the stress. I enjoy the people i work with.
Pros
we have free lunch and dress down days
Cons
Long hours with nothing to do
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 30, 2016
Good organizational culture, Productive business environment which fosters and promotes career learning and advancement, Fun and friendly workplace.
was an incentive building company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 20, 2016
becauae of the customer complaints my floor of customer service reps. would get stressed out expecially since we worked long hours so they would give us prizes and fun activities to do during out 10 minute break. Wasnt a very good work environment way to much negativity
well this place takes the cake
Customer Service Rep. Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 27, 2016
this place had its pros and cons and more so cons i can think of, the job security wasn't good i could have lost my job any time even after my 3 month probation and i ended up quitting my job there because i was refused vacation time when i worked for it and payed into it
speaking to different people fun workplace
Sales (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 21, 2016
Get set up on your computer and start answering phone calls. Every day we learn something new. Learn the sales to pitch and receive commission. Be patient and always have a positive attitude. Work can be long and boring but its what gets you by.
Pros
being social
Fun relaxed environment
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONJanuary 29, 2016
I learned a lot while working at Sutherland. The trainers were really clear and informative while teaching the classes. The management were kind and understanding.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
the phones were unbearable
Working with sutherland was a great experience. I learnt so much.
Password Reset Specialist/Customer Service Care (Former Employee) –  OntarioApril 27, 2016
Sutherland global services is very coordinated. The care about the customer and provide the best help possible. Also the see to it that customer's information is kept discreet, The take extreme measures for privacy.
Pros
Its easy to learn.
Cons
school affects your schedule.
good beginners job
Self help, reset password chat consultant (Former Employee) –  Sault-Sainte-Marie, ONAugust 16, 2016
- Sustained customer satisfaction
- Protected personal information
- Aided in self help

learn to be very patient when explaining over a computer.
Pros
incentives of free dress down days
Cons
lots of sitting and looking at a screen
My experience with Sutherland
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 5, 2015
Sutherland is a great experience for people seeking a new career to have their skills developed but it is limited regarding growth and advancement within the company. I have excelled and exhausted all resources at Sutherland and I am not seeking a career job which provides me the incentive of advancement within a company.
Pros
The people you meet and the relationships you build
Cons
limited growth
Fun place to work, friendly management,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 31, 2016
Typical day at Sutherland was a fun but frustrating experience, after knowing what was going on with the job it did get easier and more rewarding.
The Managers are good to work with & the co-workers can be fun to be with.
The hardest part of the job would be just starting out in the customer service sector. After a few months it does get easier.
fun and productive fast paced environment with fun corner.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  kingston, jaAugust 4, 2016
Sutherland is fun place to work with daily activities to keep off the pressure. reliable and fun leaders. a place where an individual can grow personally and professionally.
Sutherland
Click to Chat Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONAugust 20, 2016
Sutherland has a high turn over rate because they need to be less about stats. It is a terribly stressful environment and it is hard to get accommodations.
Pros
Food themed days with free food
Cons
supervisors and managers are not helpful

Sutherland Global Services Reviews by Location