Sutherland Global Services

Sutherland Global Services Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Call Centre with more cons than pros
Consultant (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits, accessible location, adequately managed and supervised
Cons: minimum wage work, severe turnover rate, stressful environment, bedbug outbreaks, regular program/tool failures, inconsistency in rewards and discipline
Sutherland Global Services is a call centre in Windsor, ON. I specifically work as tech support for AT&T Uverse resolving issues with cable, phones, and the Internet. AT&T places unreasonable quality demands on the company and those demands lead to a very stressful work environment, high turnover rate, unrealistic expectations, and a haven for buck-passing attitudes. That said, SGS provided satisfactory benefits despite the low wages and several opportunities to advance within the company, though the turnover rate among higher positions was still unusually high. I have not climbed the ladder within the company because I have found success and relative stability in my position. The satisfaction of resolving a customer's issue, while short-lived due to the number of issues to be resolved daily, provides sufficient motivation to answer the next call or chat. Sutherland has justly earned a poor reputation in Windsor as an undesirable place to work, not least because of the building's frightening history with bedbugs, but it's one of few places in Windsor that offers stable, full-time work with benefits.
very unprofessional work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJune 22, 2014
Cons: management is unprofessional
supposed to be the billing department but was always pushed to make sales no matter what and on every call
Good for short term and students
Sales and billing (Former Employee), WindsorJune 22, 2014
Pros: good pay during "training"
Cons: shift work, hours not guaranteed, yelled at by customers, hard to relax after
This job is good is you need a quick paycheck. The training is the best part and where u get paid the most. After you get on the floor you are expected to be a jack of all trades with little to no training on what you will actually need to know. Hours are not guaranteed and shift work. Everyone's morale is very low after being yelled at from customers all day it's hard to relax on your time off. If you have a family or need a steady paycheck, don't expect this to be long term. Management is OK, it really depends on who you get.
Abusive HR manager
Operator (Current Employee), Sault Sainte Marie, OntarioJune 8, 2014
Pros: it's a job.
Cons: they don't care about you at all.
I don't mind the job. I think the work is just fine. But Sutherland doesn't care at all about their employees. They give lip service to their corporate policies, but the moment your agenda is different than their agenda - or you require accommodations, or have a problem with a member of the management team - you immediately become expendable. Working with the HR manager is a fruitless endeavor: both meetings I've had with her, she interrupted me, shouted at me, and was quite hostile to my concerns. Regarding a complaint I made about a supervisor making jokes about my nationality, her verbatim response to me was, "I don't care what you have to say." Given a choice, I would not ever work for Sutherland again.
great hours
Consultant/ Technical Support (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJune 6, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: closing my department
got many hours working here but they are closing the department that i was working in
nice
Level 2 Tech Support Agent (Current Employee), philippinesJune 1, 2014
Pros: balance
Cons: long calls
I like working in this company especially the intuit account
Pleasant Co-Workers/Management & High-Stress Job
Customer Care (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMay 9, 2014
A typical day at work consists of resolving billing issues and providing information about products and services over the phone. This job has enhanced my computer skills and familiarized me with a fast-paced work environment. The management is competent and my co-workers are easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is keeping a positive attitude in response to receiving back to back complaints. The best thing about this position is the job security and guaranteed hours.
Call centre with many different campaigns
Consultant (Current Employee), Sault Ste marie On CanadaMay 5, 2014
Pros: not always in a uniform, frendly people
Cons: borring work
The management is great but the work is boring and tedious. I take calls as tech support for a large tv company and i just get yelled at all day because them not knowing how to plug a chord in propperly is my fault.
Nice enviroment,Frieindly people.
Level 2 Tech Support Agent (Current Employee), PhilippinesMay 4, 2014
Sutherland has a very good and a very friendly enviroment all the managers are always willing to help and provide feedback if needed. in sutherland there is always something new to learn.
Day in the life
o U-Verse Technical Support telephone agent (Former Employee), Windsor OntarioMay 2, 2014
People were personable but the schedules were way too inflexible.
Sutherland Global Services.
IT tech support representative for AT&T Uverse (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 23, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: always working on weekends.
- management is great.
- hardest part of the job is the strain on your voice from talking on the phones all day.
avoid like the plague
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 7, 2014
this place drains you, than throws you to the wolves. they have little regard for values, employee moral or job satisfaction.
hard work all day
UFO technical support specialist (Former Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 10, 2014
Pros: it was a easy job
Cons: liked everything about it
start my computer log in and assist techs with issues they are having over the phone or over a chat

I learned how to manage multiple chats at a time and assist the customer and the techs with any issue that came up

the most enjoyable part of the job was finishing and assisting with any issue that came up i felt good fixing problems
very bad work culture
sales representative (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 27, 2014
your co-workers are the best part of the job,but as for the rest like management and salary,that's basically a joke.
Boring but easy job
Senior Case Manager (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 18, 2014
If you are desperate for a job this job is always there they hardly ever turn people away. You do technical support but you don't have to be tech savvy they are always willing to teach new comers. There is always room for advancements due to the amount of people who leave per year. It does get to be stressful and very dry and you would have to learn to cope with that with that said some enjoy that kind of environment a lot.
Job where you get to deal with customers' problems
consultant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 17, 2014
If you can't handle dealing with pressure and multitasking, call center jobs aren't for you. The job required that you don't remain on the calls for a long time, breaks and any other activities are supervised. At times, you had to deal with customers' misunderstandings and a lot of times, they call to complain about a bill they have not gone through because they are convinced they are right. The company itself isn't that great to work for.
Productive and fun Work place
Data Analyst (AT&T) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2014
Expertise in Data Analyst, Expert on Networking tools and software, good communication platform
Was extremely easy going , great people , great job
Tech support (Former Employee), Windsor ONJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: great work envo. a lot of people
Cons: can get a lot of anger customers
Working at sutherland was really fun and easy going . the trained you on site. anything you required they were open to suggestions
Great benefits but little job security
Team Manager - Microsoft Zune (Former Employee), Vernon, BCJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: moved all work offshore
Laid off due to work taken from Canada to the Phillipines. We worked extremely hard, especially in management but had no job security at all.
Generally nice co-workers, terrible management style, long and horrible hours with deplorable pay
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: learned never to go back there looking for work
Cons: shift bids, called randomly, supposedly based on metrics performance but there were guaranteed shift opportunities to some
There was a lot of promises to be there with assistance in understanding all the information you were responsible for, and some of the coaches were good with that, but others were definitely not. Was frustrating to not be able to assist callers with appropriate help due to confusion and delays in getting additional assistance
Felt manipulated by management when they were looking to make quotas for their clients
A lot of information to be responsible for, and felt like not enough time to get a proficient enough grasp of it to effectively do the job
Hated it when, due to system issues, and dealing with the client's various departments scattered all over the world, you couldn't get the cooperation or assistance needed to get your job done, especially with metrics time constraints

About Sutherland Global Services

Established in 1986, Sutherland Global Services is a global provider of business process and technology management services offering – Read more

Sutherland Global Services Photos