Sutherland Global Services

Sutherland Global Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Great
Tier 2 technical support for ATT (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 14, 2015
Was a great place to work for the almost year and a half I was there. Great work environment, reliable pay and hours.Schedule could be a bit hectic but that is totally in your control after first month.
Making customers happy and supportive management.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 12, 2015
A typical day at work involves handling at minimum 4-6 irate customers who are unsatisfied about the service. What I do as a customer service representative is de-escalate this situations, look at our offers and come up with an alternative, or simply give the customer an explanation on how to stop the same situation from happening again. This involved a lot of listening, patience, and problem solving skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was giving the customer a resolution, and flipping the situation to give them a smile.
Another thing I loved about Sutherland was the extremely supportive staff. Your good work was always recognized, and if you were in need of help, your coworkers/team managers were always there to help you progress and improve.
Pros
Many ways to advance in the company.
Not a fun place to work
senior consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 11, 2015
It is like a high school very unprofessional, females are favored by male managment staff for promotions due to looks. Place is very outdated and full of issues.
Pros
sitting down
Cons
everything else
My experience with Sutherland
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 5, 2015
Sutherland is a great experience for people seeking a new career to have their skills developed but it is limited regarding growth and advancement within the company. I have excelled and exhausted all resources at Sutherland and I am not seeking a career job which provides me the incentive of advancement within a company.
Pros
The people you meet and the relationships you build
Cons
limited growth
Specialized to work with technicians
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 4, 2015
I started off at Sutherland working for AT&T technical support assisting customers with there modem issues and adjusting monthly bills. I was promoted very quickly to work only with AT&T technicians while they are at customers houses to do line-testing and setting up the proper signals.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Very bad work schedule and was not consistent.
Good job
Technical Consultant/Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 26, 2015
it is a nice place to get some experience. Nice location downtown Windsor and training was good. Good management exercised during my time at Sutherland
Horrible Comapny
Consultant (Former Employee) –  windsor, ontarioOctober 20, 2015
Sutherland was the worst company I ever worked for in my life. No exaggeration, being completely honest. Answering phone calls all day none stop to jerks, bad management, bad hours, short breaks.

I CAN GUARANTEE THIS COMPANY HAS THE HIGHEST TURNOVER IN ALL OF CANADA. 100% GUARANTEED.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
everything
Not a job for just anyone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 4, 2015
The people were fantastic! The job itself is not for everyone. I am a very caring and sensitive person. Trying to sell to people who clearly cannot afford it, was just NOT for me.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Pressure Sales
Bad experience.
Tech support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 1, 2015
A third world company with a third world attitude. Good people ham-stringed by a culture of,"People don't matter, there are more to choose from>" When there are 50 new hires every 2 weeks, replacing those who quit or were terminated for trumped - up charges, being able to fit - in here is nothing to aspire to.
Pros
Cons
Lousy clients with unreasonable demands.
Not this life
Tier 3 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 21, 2015
The money is better then minimum wage and as long as you don't know what people made doing the position in the states, then it's fine. Knowing you make a third of what the previous department employees made is the issue. If you can do your job and 5 other positions then again it's workable.
They have some improvements to make.
Customer Care Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 14, 2015
A typical day at sutherland involved accepting inbound calls from AT&T customers. Customer can be fairly angry or upset and can project their feelings on you. Representatives need to be skilled in problem solving, reassuring the customer and deescalating callers.

A disadvantage to working here is the emotional burn out you will feel when you resolve the customer's issue but the customer may still not give you a positive survey, or may not fill out a survey for you at all, which will negatively affect your score. Sutherland takes these scores seriously, and there is pressure to keep yourself in range. If you don't stay in range, they will fire you. It can be stressful, as some customers are satisfied but just chose not to fill out the surveys, or some are angry entering the call and are still upset even after a solution is presented. With the pressure to stay in range, and upset customers lashing out at you for something that is not your fault, it doesn't take much to feel overwhelmed and burnt out. In my opinion, their score system is flawed. It is understandable that scores should be important to sutherland, as it's the only way to review the agents, however people should not be fired because of neutral callers. Maybe in the future they will improve their score system, but as of right now, it only creates more stress to an already stressful job.
Pros
commission, occasionally free food (BBQs, coffee, etc)
Cons
shift changes, poor management, stressful job
Nice workplace.
Customer Service/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 28, 2015
On a typical day, there is music in the room with several people talking on phones all at once. Gets pretty noisy sometimes and you have to explain to clients about the background noises. I learned a new level of patience and tolerance I did not know I had before. Management is OK. Co-workers are pleasant with each other, but hardly have the time to actually get to know each other. The hardest part of the job was being insulted by clients who are not satisfied with company services. There are those days when you feel wretched for clients you are not able to help the way they want. Plus, the system of evaluating employees was kind of unfair. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to go above and beyond for a client and knowing you had made an impact on them or their lives.
Pros
Free launches every now and then.
Cons
Long hours, little support, low pay.
Save your time
customer service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 14, 2015
This is by far the worst company to work for. Yes, it pays the bills. Yes, there is benefits. But if you aren't 'cool' and the coaches don't like you, then you will never move up. Ever. The management in the mobility department is the worst thing to ever walk this earth. Theres one manager who is a complete psycho, and everyone hates her, and she is so unprofessional. People cry on a daily basis. That is the main thing about this place. They will hire anybody who walks in that door, and they never do anything about the horrible management. I felt like I was in highschool in grade 10 with all the drama. Worst. Place. Ever.
Benefits
Cons
Management, long hours, horrible shifts, if you're not popular you won't move up.
Great start
Resolution Specialist Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 13, 2015
Great company for a starting job but not much advancement opportunity for management or higher. Amazing set of people working there.
Pros
Good for starters
Cons
Not a career
Great pay, not so good environment.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 28, 2015
The training class was great. Got to meet some nice people. However, once we got to to the production floor, there was next to NO support which made everything very stressful. Many people that were supposed to be helping people, ignored them. My "coach" couldn't care less about helping us learn how to do our job. I worked very hard to be good at my job and do my very best, but with how poorly managed everything is, I knew there was something much better out there.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management, lack of support.
Sutherland
Sales Representative/ Floor Support (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 8, 2015
Working for Sutherland would only be a temp job not a long term job I would not recommend this job to anyone. Ive been there for 5 years and still unable to move up in the company and no pay increases
great work place
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 5, 2015
Sutherland Global service is providing many call center jobs to the South East Asian countries and taking jobs away from the North American countries. They are also paying a very low salary and they are hiring great workers which makes the workplace great not the CEO or the company
Pros
you get to learn how to multitask with many softwares and tools
Cons
you don't get paid enough for how much you work
enjoyable envioroment
Technical Support Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 31, 2015
very enjoyable place and productive with excellent culture.
I have good working relation with my co-worker and we share views all the time.
A place to work
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 29, 2015
Basically Its a bunch of Kids Running a Company that has a contract with AT&T. They only care about drinking and making friends if you don't fit in they find away to get rid of you.

A typical work day was poo you pick up calls and get help fix issues. then get yelled at by your boss because you aren't ever good enough.

You learn that if you are young and social you don't need anything else you can just talk your way into anything without ever doing a thing
Sutherland 101
Sr. Consultant-- AT&T (Current Employee) –  Sault ste marieApril 26, 2015
2-4 weeks of paid training
come in every day before you shift get a free 10 minutes of pay to get your systems open.
Take calls nonstop until you break- *you get to select your own break times"
It's the people who really make this job special.
Pros
Hours, hiring, many lateral positions
Cons
Low pay, Management, consistency, Ethics