Sutherland Global Services

• Salary/Benefits
productive workplace
Billing/sales (Current Employee), windsor ontarioJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: runs off american holidays
a typical day is signing into your systems and helping customers with any concerns they may have about their bill, fixing any issues with bills, solving account issues for customers if an order had an issue, setting up new services for customers and ensuring a high degree of customer satisfaction
Good benefits terrible client
Technical Support Associate (Former Employee), Sault Ste. MarieJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: complete incompetence on client (hughesnet) not sutherland
I worked for one of Sutherlands clients Hughesnet. Which was the most incompetent awful company to work for because of their incompetence. Don't believe me google Hughesnet reviews and try and find one good or even ok one.
Fun with great people
AT&T Mobility Consultant (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free pizza, incentives, give aways
I really enjoy working at Sutherland. The people are great along with the management as well. More than willing to work with you if you have any issues.
Many drawbacks, not much positive beyond co-workers
Technical Support consultant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: hire anyone, paid training, easy job, interesting people
Cons: long hours, impersonal, no support, hire anyone, weird dress code
A typical day at SGS:
Have to arrive at least 30 - 45 minutes early and be on your way up because of the impossibly long wait for the two elevators - and there's usually only one in service - so you can be upstairs and have everything set up before you start your shift, since you're expected to start answering the phones the second the clock ticks over.
The stairs are steep and awkward, so walking up 22 flights of stairs to the 11th floor is a bit over-the-top. (But 100% props to you if you do it!)
If you start after noon, you'll have to spend at least 20 minutes trying to find a seat with a working computer.
"Working" being a relative term because the computers can't actually handle the poorly coded tools that are required to do the job, and they freeze/crash all the time.
Now, the main ordering system can only launch one instance of ordering, and it is very slow and has a tendency to freeze up the entire program if you're not careful. My position had me handling 2-3 of these orders at once, with the clock running on how long it was taking to clear each.
If your computer is being extra problematic that day don't expect to be allowed to move seats. Managers are hard to find, and harder to convince of anything.

The only positives I have to say about this job is that when you take away the issues with the systems ( in dire need of an upgrade ) the actual job is easy, and the tools are not very complex. Comfy ergonomic chairs came in half way through my time at SGS, and there was always good conversation and interesting people during the lulls.
They allow their employees to have hobbies and books on the floor for breaks or when they are not busy, or on calls waiting for the customer/technician to do a task that takes time.
Thought provoking and innovative
Technical Consultant (Current Employee), Windsor, ONDecember 15, 2014
Interesting
Learned how to resolve technical issues innovatively
Supportive Management
Very friendly and fun loving co-workers
very well
Technical Consultant (Current Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 23, 2014
Pros: great location
Cons: shifts are random
great place to work, you just need to love your job if you want to work as customer service representative.
OK
Customer Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 22, 2014
8.5-9 hour days
Sometimes management can be a pain depending on who is running within management.
Kind and supportive management
Consultant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 8, 2014
It is a great company. Lots of oportunities to grow and advance. The shifts just didn't work for my family
Do not work here.
Consultant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONSeptember 11, 2014
Cons: everything
Do not work here. Minimum wage, poor management skills, no work/home life balance.
Productive days, Televisions on the walls to watch PG movies and BlackBerry news updates.
RIM/BlackBerry Technical Support (Former Employee), Windsor, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: free breaks, free coffee and pizzas.
Cons: long hours, 9-11 hour shifts. systems were down.
Days at Sutherland Global services were easy going but busy most of the days. I would follow up with my customer's issues, track the tickets, handle inbound and outbound calls.

I did learn a lot more about technology, Windows OS and BlackBerry devices. Customer Service skills and MS Office Applications.

The management were polite, reasonable and helpful.
My co-workers were kind. Everyone minded their business at their own cubical doing their work.

The hardest part about the job were the shifts, we would have to do the shift bids and most of the times, their shift bid system was at an incorrect order. Systems would shut down in the middle of our calls while customers were still on the line.

Most enjoyable part of the day was solving customer's issues, satisfactions and excellent customer service skills reviews.
Crew Person
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Windsor, ONSeptember 5, 2014
In training learning about the job
how to promote Telus products
Management was good
co workers were kind
working with others
Good place to be to meet some great people and earn some money
Efficiency Specialist (WFM) (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 19, 2014
Pros: co-workers, flexiable managment, freebies
Cons: co-workers, shifts
Good place to get some customer facing experience and make some cool friends. The management team is pretty cool, as long as you adhere to company policies, which you should be doing anyways.
Great experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 3, 2014
Pros: having to work with many people
Cons: long hours
- Assisted At&t customers with billing inquires, tech support, payments.
-Sold At&t products
- Enjoyable part about the job is socializing with other people
- Hardest part of the job is when computer systems crash and freeze.
Amazing job to have.
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 26, 2014
Working at SGS was an amazing experience and grate opportunity. Although the work environment its self wasnt the best and the people weren't the best i had a good experience
not fun
Technical Support Agent and Supervisor (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 23, 2014
i prefer to say nothing

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Tech support every day calls.
Technical support for AT&T (Former Employee), Windsor OntarioJuly 10, 2014
Pros: co-workers great people, benfits paided well
Cons: shifts are always changing. dress code
a typical day for Sutherland getting to the building needing to be early co workers would be able to say mood of the team. log on to programs be pre-pared and ten it was sometimes slow or really fast but started on calls then went to chats. calls about 40 a day, Chats about 130 on a busy day.
Call Centre with more cons than pros
Consultant (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits, accessible location, adequately managed and supervised
Cons: minimum wage work, severe turnover rate, stressful environment, bedbug outbreaks, regular program/tool failures, inconsistency in rewards and discipline
Sutherland Global Services is a call centre in Windsor, ON. I specifically work as tech support for AT&T Uverse resolving issues with cable, phones, and the Internet. AT&T places unreasonable quality demands on the company and those demands lead to a very stressful work environment, high turnover rate, unrealistic expectations, and a haven for buck-passing attitudes. That said, SGS provided satisfactory benefits despite the low wages and several opportunities to advance within the company, though the turnover rate among higher positions was still unusually high. I have not climbed the ladder within the company because I have found success and relative stability in my position. The satisfaction of resolving a customer's issue, while short-lived due to the number of issues to be resolved daily, provides sufficient motivation to answer the next call or chat. Sutherland has justly earned a poor reputation in Windsor as an undesirable place to work, not least because of the building's frightening history with bedbugs, but it's one of few places in Windsor that offers stable, full-time work with benefits.
very unprofessional work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJune 22, 2014
Cons: management is unprofessional
supposed to be the billing department but was always pushed to make sales no matter what and on every call
Good for short term and students
Sales and billing (Former Employee), WindsorJune 22, 2014
Pros: good pay during "training"
Cons: shift work, hours not guaranteed, yelled at by customers, hard to relax after
This job is good is you need a quick paycheck. The training is the best part and where u get paid the most. After you get on the floor you are expected to be a jack of all trades with little to no training on what you will actually need to know. Hours are not guaranteed and shift work. Everyone's morale is very low after being yelled at from customers all day it's hard to relax on your time off. If you have a family or need a steady paycheck, don't expect this to be long term. Management is OK, it really depends on who you get.
Abusive HR manager
Operator (Current Employee), Sault Sainte Marie, OntarioJune 8, 2014
Pros: it's a job.
Cons: they don't care about you at all.
I don't mind the job. I think the work is just fine. But Sutherland doesn't care at all about their employees. They give lip service to their corporate policies, but the moment your agenda is different than their agenda - or you require accommodations, or have a problem with a member of the management team - you immediately become expendable. Working with the HR manager is a fruitless endeavor: both meetings I've had with her, she interrupted me, shouted at me, and was quite hostile to my concerns. Regarding a complaint I made about a supervisor making jokes about my nationality, her verbatim response to me was, "I don't care what you have to say." Given a choice, I would not ever work for Sutherland again.
Headquarters