Sutherland Global Services

Sutherland Global Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Could be more organized, Fun people to work with.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONMay 10, 2016
A typical day at work consists of dealing with very irate customers. I've learned a lot about computer programs and patients. Our management can put together some good friendly games to make our days a bit better. The hardest part of the job is all the stress. I enjoy the people i work with.
Pros
we have free lunch and dress down days
Cons
Long hours with nothing to do
Good environment to work in.
Tech Support agent (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONMay 3, 2016
Lots of overtime to bank on.
Paid bonus for sales with no tax.
If you like to solve computer problems this job is for you.
Management is always there to help.
Working with sutherland was a great experience. I learnt so much.
Password Reset Specialist/Customer Service Care (Former Employee) –  OntarioApril 27, 2016
Sutherland global services is very coordinated. The care about the customer and provide the best help possible. Also the see to it that customer's information is kept discreet, The take extreme measures for privacy.
Pros
Its easy to learn.
Cons
school affects your schedule.
Fun place to work, friendly management,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 31, 2016
Typical day at Sutherland was a fun but frustrating experience, after knowing what was going on with the job it did get easier and more rewarding.
The Managers are good to work with & the co-workers can be fun to be with.
The hardest part of the job would be just starting out in the customer service sector. After a few months it does get easier.
Lots to learn, lots to not remember. Clients can be stressful and will make or break you.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 25, 2016
The hours are fair and scheduling was reasonable. Directly on the job there were times of stress in the lack of understanding, support staff are available through coaching or reaching out to peers.
Coaches and peers will offer the most help as opposed to training - not because the training is terrible but because there is a lot of information that is hard to digest during the initial training period. If the worker is willing to reach they will receive answers but it's up to the person independently if they can ask the right questions to get the right answers.
Clients can make the day more difficult but it's what you expect at customer service.
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 23, 2016
Its good, best suited for starter, you get to know a lot about Canadian customer requirement and workplace, love the management team.
full time and worked with school schedule
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 22, 2016
I enjoyed working here for the most part they gave me plenty opportunities to grow and provided me wit stable full time employment
Sutherland Global Serives
Customer Service Representative / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  500 Ouelette Ave. Windsor, ONMarch 20, 2016
A typical day at work is helping or assisting fellow co-workers with customers, when customers request for a supervisor for further assistance I make sure their issue is resolved.

Learned from management and co-workers to go above and beyond for the customer and empathize with them to understand where are they coming from. In addition to learn and excel to new software and systems to better the customer service experience.

The hardest part of the job when the systems don't work as efficient as they should, but I look at that aspect as positive because it makes me think better on my feet and think more outside the box, to assist the customer.

The most enjoyable part of the job is, my co-workers are a joy to work with and they're very much team players and the feeling that I resolved all the customer's questions and concerns.
Pros
full benefits
Cons
no room for moving up in the company/no promotions
Fun and laid back environment.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 11, 2016
Relaxing and productive environment, employees are very friendly. Excellent company to work for, pay is great and they are very flexible with your shift concerning school!
Pros
pay incentives
Cons
sitting at a chair for long hours
Very Stressful job, hourly pay is not worth it
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 25, 2016
working in sutherland is very stressful. The benefits was not even good. It was a scent-free environment and yet very rare employee follow it.
Cons
80% benefit, low hourly rate
Great atmosphere, but high turnover
AT&T GigaPower Technician Assistance (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 23, 2016
I was on the Sutherland iCare committee and assisted with ensuing staff had an enjoyable atmosphere.
I thoroughly enjoyed what I did daily, and had great fellow employees that made the atmosphere even more enjoyable.
I wish employees had more value given the specialization when advancing to other departments.
Great company otherwise.
pretty decent.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONFebruary 18, 2016
suutherland was pretty decent, the hours were steady so you always knew when you were working. they did not work around bus schedules. wouldnt help you if you were on a 6 hour call and had no breaks. very unorganized.
Pros
steady work
Cons
long hours, can get stressful, long calls.
stressful, long hours.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 8, 2016
stressful, little room for advancement, no balance between work & personal life, long hours.

Some of your peers are an enjoyable part of the job.
Stressful, long-hours
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Stressful, customer base is generally aggro. Long work hours, little balance between work & personal life. Little room for advancement in certain programs/departments.

An enjoyable part of the job is some of your peers, they can make a typically boring & stressful work environment fun from time to time.
Pros
non-strenuous activity
Cons
long hours, little balance between work & personal life, little room for advancement.
Fun relaxed environment
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONJanuary 29, 2016
I learned a lot while working at Sutherland. The trainers were really clear and informative while teaching the classes. The management were kind and understanding.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
the phones were unbearable
The issue of fun in the office is no different–both opinions have valid points, but in the end, your result will all depend on how you apply fun.
Case manager directly until resolution was reached (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Reinforced, to the customer, the importance of calling the Case
Manager directly until resolution was reached
Provided with contact numbers and information so they can contact management department Restated the customer’s statements to show an understanding of the issue
Demonstrated ownership compliant and ensured resolution of the issue
good atmosphere
technical support (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 20, 2016
It is a good company to work for, management friendly and helpful, the job it self is easy however very stressful. It is a routine and repetitive job which try to resolve customers tv, internet and phone issues over the phone. I like the job, but I do believe it should pay more.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Pays too little
not flexible
technical support (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 19, 2016
not flexible, long hours, strict policies but overall, i enjoyed helping the customers.
I was always positive and did it to the best of my ability.
Awesome work and life exerience
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 7, 2016
My typical day at work would consist of taking inbound calls from AT&T wireless customers and resolving their issues and concerns in a time efficient, friendly, and professional manner. While being employed with SGS I have addressed and resolved customers concerns and complaints, accurately documented and researched all service issues, referred unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation. I also learned to always act professionally and patiently when addressing negative customer feedback. As far as the topic on management goes, throughout my time with SGS I have been very fortunate with my management team for the most part,however my co-workers truly did make the job worth while. Like any job there are always some downfalls, some of the hardest parts of my job would have been the fact that we are a department that is always on the go, Being an inbound call business, sometimes does cause to feel mentally drained since from time to time the job becomes repetitive. The most enjoyable part of the job was the recognition you received for a job well done as well as the many opportunities this job opens.
They had a wii to play in the break rooms
tech support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Took tech calls back to back for 9 hrs a day. Had to work fast and know about everything there was to know about tech issues for cable equipment and update wifi/ computer know how.
Pros
close to home
Cons
there work place rules on religion

Sutherland Global Services Reviews by Location