Sutherland Global Services

Sutherland Global Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplabe with secure work environment
Consultant (Current Employee), Windsor, ONApril 20, 2015
A typical day seems like receiving atleast 40 inbound calls from customers and fixing their issues. I learned how to communicate better in order to solve customers issue. Management is amazing as they are very supportive. Also co-workers are helpful in order to help new hires. Hardest part would be worklife balance. Most enjoyable part is we get to gave fun as we all employees sit together and make it a fun place to work
Good Place to work in
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 4, 2015
good place to work in, they had benefits and people were helpful.. their salaries was good they gave me alot of experience in a couple of months
Monotonous work
Tech Support (Current Employee), Windsor, ONApril 2, 2015
Pros: Location
Cons: Hours
I wasnt able to fully apply myself at sutherland for one reason, I cared too much about each individual call.

Clock in, start taking calls.

Roughly after a short while, break, then more calls until lunch

Lunch to second break, then by end of day clock out, go home.

I cared far too much about each individual call, which tore me up inside.
It's a call centre.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Sault Ste Marie, ONMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Good place to work.
Cons: Call centre.
Get to work, log into your computer, log into the phone. Take calls all day. The program is inbound sales. I assisted customers place their orders and tried to up sell and cross sell the product line. The job had some stress because you were rated on up sells and cross sells. Most of my co-workers were nice people.
I worked with a great team.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONMarch 20, 2015
Pros: getting to work with a great team, having great resources to do the job
Cons: unfortunately i was laid off after working there for several years, i of course understand it was a business need, it was just hard to leave a job i had been working at for over 5 years
There wasn't always a typical day. That's what I liked about it the most. I liked that on each call you didn't know what skill you may have to use to assist the customer. There was monthly employee of the month awards.
stressful
Customer Service representative (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONMarch 13, 2015
was a very stressful work place! customers were usually irate and didnt like us from the start,had to calm them down explain they're phone to them and then try and sell them something
Very good place to work
Assist in troubleshooting and technical support (Current Employee), sault ste marieMarch 4, 2015
The training, the people, the managers are all great! the people you work with make it so that its never a dull day. the hours are steady, and there is always someone there to help with improvement.
good dependable job
Technical support (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 27, 2015
very stressful when dealing with irate customers all day, they should have 10 minute breaks right after calls to be able to cope with the stress.
productive and busy
Field Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), windsor, ontarioFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: quick thinking
Cons: short breaks
The day is only 8 hours and ensure that everyone has opportunity to rest. The job is very busy in the daytime and the phones are constantly off the hook. word of advice is to pace self. great place to learn how to think on feet and getting quick solutions
good company to work for
Technical Support/Customer Service (Current Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, OntarioFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: excellent support staff and management.
Cons: dealing with stressful situations and varying shifts that are bid on based on performance and stats.
Good company to work for. Training and support are well done. Co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with. Best part of the job was to solve problems for customers and make them happy. Hardest part of the job was learning some of the tools used to get resolution for customers although with practice and support it didnt take long to learn the majority of them.
Hard Work and Challenging
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: bonuses and recognition
Cons: long hours, difficult clients
While I worked at Sutherland Global, I developed a large amount of respect for the people I speak with over the phone. The job is not easy and requires quick thinking, patience and adaptability. The Job challenged me in ways I think have helped me to become a better employee.
A very productive and positive place to work
Consultant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: great group of people to work with
Cons: long hours
A very productive and positive place to work. There are a wonderful group of people there, both in personality and work ethic. Although the hours are long and the scheduling of the shifts can sometimes make it problematic for personal life, the place is a very good place to be employed.
productive workplace
Billing/sales (Current Employee), windsor ontarioJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: runs off american holidays
a typical day is signing into your systems and helping customers with any concerns they may have about their bill, fixing any issues with bills, solving account issues for customers if an order had an issue, setting up new services for customers and ensuring a high degree of customer satisfaction
Good benefits terrible client
Technical Support Associate (Former Employee), Sault Ste. MarieJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: complete incompetence on client (hughesnet) not sutherland
I worked for one of Sutherlands clients Hughesnet. Which was the most incompetent awful company to work for because of their incompetence. Don't believe me google Hughesnet reviews and try and find one good or even ok one.
Fun with great people
AT&T Mobility Consultant (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free pizza, incentives, give aways
I really enjoy working at Sutherland. The people are great along with the management as well. More than willing to work with you if you have any issues.
Many drawbacks, not much positive beyond co-workers
Technical Support consultant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: hire anyone, paid training, easy job, interesting people
Cons: long hours, impersonal, no support, hire anyone, weird dress code
A typical day at SGS:
Have to arrive at least 30 - 45 minutes early and be on your way up because of the impossibly long wait for the two elevators - and there's usually only one in service - so you can be upstairs and have everything set up before you start your shift, since you're expected to start answering the phones the second the clock ticks over.
The stairs are steep and awkward, so walking up 22 flights of stairs to the 11th floor is a bit over-the-top. (But 100% props to you if you do it!)
If you start after noon, you'll have to spend at least 20 minutes trying to find a seat with a working computer.
"Working" being a relative term because the computers can't actually handle the poorly coded tools that are required to do the job, and they freeze/crash all the time.
Now, the main ordering system can only launch one instance of ordering, and it is very slow and has a tendency to freeze up the entire program if you're not careful. My position had me handling 2-3 of these orders at once, with the clock running on how long it was taking to clear each.
If your computer is being extra problematic that day don't expect to be allowed to move seats. Managers are hard to find, and harder to convince of anything.

The only positives I have to say about this job is that when you take away the issues with the systems ( in dire need of an upgrade ) the actual job is easy, and the tools are not very complex. Comfy ergonomic chairs came in half way through my time at SGS, and there was always good conversation and interesting people during the lulls.
They allow their employees to have hobbies and books on the floor for breaks or when they are not busy, or on calls waiting for the customer/technician to do a task that takes time.
Thought provoking and innovative
Technical Consultant (Current Employee), Windsor, ONDecember 15, 2014
Interesting
Learned how to resolve technical issues innovatively
Supportive Management
Very friendly and fun loving co-workers
very well
Technical Consultant (Current Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 23, 2014
Pros: great location
Cons: shifts are random
great place to work, you just need to love your job if you want to work as customer service representative.
OK
Customer Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 22, 2014
8.5-9 hour days
Sometimes management can be a pain depending on who is running within management.
Kind and supportive management
Consultant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 8, 2014
It is a great company. Lots of oportunities to grow and advance. The shifts just didn't work for my family

1 2 3 4 5

About Sutherland Global Services

Established in 1986, Sutherland Global Services is a global provider of business process and technology management services offering – Read more

Sutherland Global Services Photos