Sutherland Global Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Sutherland Global Serives
Customer Service Representative / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  500 Ouelette Ave. Windsor, ONMarch 20, 2016
A typical day at work is helping or assisting fellow co-workers with customers, when customers request for a supervisor for further assistance I make sure their issue is resolved.

Learned from management and co-workers to go above and beyond for the customer and empathize with them to understand where are they coming from. In addition to learn and excel to new software and systems to better the customer service experience.

The hardest part of the job when the systems don't work as efficient as they should, but I look at that aspect as positive because it makes me think better on my feet and think more outside the box, to assist the customer.

The most enjoyable part of the job is, my co-workers are a joy to work with and they're very much team players and the feeling that I resolved all the customer's questions and concerns.
Pros
full benefits
Cons
no room for moving up in the company/no promotions
good atmosphere
technical support (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 20, 2016
It is a good company to work for, management friendly and helpful, the job it self is easy however very stressful. It is a routine and repetitive job which try to resolve customers tv, internet and phone issues over the phone. I like the job, but I do believe it should pay more.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Pays too little
Very Stressful job, hourly pay is not worth it
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 25, 2016
working in sutherland is very stressful. The benefits was not even good. It was a scent-free environment and yet very rare employee follow it.
Cons
80% benefit, low hourly rate
Specialized to work with technicians
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 4, 2015
I started off at Sutherland working for AT&T technical support assisting customers with there modem issues and adjusting monthly bills. I was promoted very quickly to work only with AT&T technicians while they are at customers houses to do line-testing and setting up the proper signals.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Very bad work schedule and was not consistent.
Save your time
customer service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 14, 2015
This is by far the worst company to work for. Yes, it pays the bills. Yes, there is benefits. But if you aren't 'cool' and the coaches don't like you, then you will never move up. Ever. The management in the mobility department is the worst thing to ever walk this earth. Theres one manager who is a complete psycho, and everyone hates her, and she is so unprofessional. People cry on a daily basis. That is the main thing about this place. They will hire anybody who walks in that door, and they never do anything about the horrible management. I felt like I was in highschool in grade 10 with all the drama. Worst. Place. Ever.
Benefits
Cons
Management, long hours, horrible shifts, if you're not popular you won't move up.
Stressful, long-hours
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Stressful, customer base is generally aggro. Long work hours, little balance between work & personal life. Little room for advancement in certain programs/departments.

An enjoyable part of the job is some of your peers, they can make a typically boring & stressful work environment fun from time to time.
Pros
non-strenuous activity
Cons
long hours, little balance between work & personal life, little room for advancement.
pretty decent.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONFebruary 18, 2016
suutherland was pretty decent, the hours were steady so you always knew when you were working. they did not work around bus schedules. wouldnt help you if you were on a 6 hour call and had no breaks. very unorganized.
Pros
steady work
Cons
long hours, can get stressful, long calls.
Great place to work, good experience
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 7, 2016
A typical day at work would be to sign in to all programs, and start taking calls, helping customers with their tv, phone, or internet tech issues. Some issues commonly faced would be walking customers through restarting their devices, modems, while finding the source of a problem and booking techs if the issue couldn't be resolved over the phone.
I loved my coaches and managers, they only wanted you to succeed and cared about your personal needs. Co-workers were nice, but not much time to converse with them between calls.
The hardest part of the job was taking back to back calls, repeating the same things over and over again. It was easy, but it was mentally tiring.
The best part was talking to people all over the world and some people were so funny or interesting, and it made the long days more bearable.
Excellent opportunities
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 22, 2016
Sutherland allows you to grow within the company. They focus on the development and advancement of their employees. Client demands will often times overcast this focus, however this is where you learn. I have learned ways to balance both client and internal employees. The people I work with make it enjoyable to work here. To see their own development and advancement is amazing, and I love the team atmosphere. This is the biggest reason why I enjoy what I do. This company looks for future leaders and allows the opportunity for anyone. The most difficult part of the job is balancing the needs of the client vs the needs of the company. This will at times cause challenges in the mentality of those that you are responsible for. Overall, a great place to improve your skills and take them with you.
Has a bigger turnover rate than a Football game
Tier 1 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 8, 2016
When you're not being given the daily dosage of racial slurs or other insults through the phone calls with absolutely bafflingly stupid customers, you're sweating from the lack of proper Air-Conditioning, or worried that your day at work will be your last since the company will let you go for absolutely anything.

Had a customer who decided YOU need to fix their Netflix account, even though the website and service is down for maintenance? You're gone for not helping them enough, even though it's not in your policy.

Nearly died coming back from lunch cause a car almost hit you? You take too many breaks. Bye.

Your computer froze while working on an issue and now you gotta start over, and the customer understands the wait time? You're gone cause you take too long.

Finish an issue too quick? You're not being personal enough with customers.
Pros
You get to go on Reddit all day.
Cons
Everything.
Worst Place in the World
UVerse Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 13, 2016
-training was painfully boring(and i understand it gets like that because i worked at numerous call centers) and they expect you to retain so much information without ever going over it or making sure you understand it
-computers are old, slow, and FILTHY
-software programs are absolute garbage and work maybe one day out of the week
-customers are selfish and greedy
-i got written up for helping out a coworker via private chat EVEN THOUGH that's where you are told to talk to people
-i got written up for hanging up on a customer "because they were not using foul language" (even though he threatened to find out where i live, kill me, then kill my family and i gave the 3 warnings)???
-it is so hot to the point where i was physically sick

Bottom line: i would rather be poor and live on the streets than go back and work for Sutherland Global Services

The ONLY good thing is the pay and the benefits.
Pros
benefits, pay rate
Cons
literally everything
Great pay, not so good environment.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 28, 2015
The training class was great. Got to meet some nice people. However, once we got to to the production floor, there was next to NO support which made everything very stressful. Many people that were supposed to be helping people, ignored them. My "coach" couldn't care less about helping us learn how to do our job. I worked very hard to be good at my job and do my very best, but with how poorly managed everything is, I knew there was something much better out there.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management, lack of support.
inbound calls- sales representative
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 10, 2016
Sutherland management is very bad. They don't pay your commissions if you miss one single sale out of the monthly parameters, which changes every single month.
They will locally get rid of any old employees after 2 years, in order to save money. They will take a new employee, so they can get the government bonus for hiring people receiving social assistant.

Supervisor never help troubleshooting and they are very rude. They never know how to help and basically leave you on your own.
Pros
some benefits
Cons
sales commission changes every month.
Lots to learn, lots to not remember. Clients can be stressful and will make or break you.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 25, 2016
The hours are fair and scheduling was reasonable. Directly on the job there were times of stress in the lack of understanding, support staff are available through coaching or reaching out to peers.
Coaches and peers will offer the most help as opposed to training - not because the training is terrible but because there is a lot of information that is hard to digest during the initial training period. If the worker is willing to reach they will receive answers but it's up to the person independently if they can ask the right questions to get the right answers.
Clients can make the day more difficult but it's what you expect at customer service.
Fun and laid back environment.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 11, 2016
Relaxing and productive environment, employees are very friendly. Excellent company to work for, pay is great and they are very flexible with your shift concerning school!
Pros
pay incentives
Cons
sitting at a chair for long hours
stressful, long hours.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 8, 2016
stressful, little room for advancement, no balance between work & personal life, long hours.

Some of your peers are an enjoyable part of the job.
very nice place of work, quite clean and kept up to par
Remote computer technical support (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONDecember 11, 2015
a typical day at work would involve inbound and outgoing calls, concerning customers of our support program and their home computer. At this job i quickly learned how to repair system errors such as software bugs or viral/malware infections. the management was very likable and down to earth, if you had a problem or an issue they would more often than not help you to resolve it even if their personal work load was severe. my coworkers were always there for assistance and teamwork was a daily effort. the hardest part of the job would have to be informing new customers of the fact that our support was a fee based third tier service and taking insult after insult over the phone.
the most enjoyable part of this job was making people happy at the end of it all.
Pros
stable hours and clean work
Cons
i was working from 12:30pm untill 9:00pm so i did not have anytime for anything
The issue of fun in the office is no different–both opinions have valid points, but in the end, your result will all depend on how you apply fun.
Case manager directly until resolution was reached (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Reinforced, to the customer, the importance of calling the Case
Manager directly until resolution was reached
Provided with contact numbers and information so they can contact management department Restated the customer’s statements to show an understanding of the issue
Demonstrated ownership compliant and ensured resolution of the issue
Representative
Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 1, 2016
Description:Answer customers inquiries by utilizing tools, listening to customers and providing  information.

what I learned from this job experience would have to be how to learn with a fluctuating job environment, for example promotions, updates to company policies, and changing plans.

The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the Team work experience, I was able to work with more then a hundred coworkers and everyone was always able to help out anyone, always having fun and enjoying work.
great work place
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 5, 2015
Sutherland Global service is providing many call center jobs to the South East Asian countries and taking jobs away from the North American countries. They are also paying a very low salary and they are hiring great workers which makes the workplace great not the CEO or the company
Pros
you get to learn how to multitask with many softwares and tools
Cons
you don't get paid enough for how much you work

Sutherland Global Services Reviews by Location