Sutherland Global Services

Sutherland Global Services Employee Reviews

Full time and has benefits other than that place was very difficult to work at.
Inbound Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 8, 2016
The only good thing about this place is it is full time with benefits. The management treated everyone poorly unless you were making good sales. I would never recommend this place to anyone. Co workers were miserable because they didnt like there job.
Pros
full benefits
Cons
long hours, have to work all holidays, poor management
Classical Organization
Customer Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 7, 2016
Poorly run organization with classical management style and very little room for advancement. It provides a great opportunity to earn quick money since they are constantly recruiting due to the high turnover of staff
Overall helped me gain experience in different software
Bilingual Customer Service/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 30, 2016
The people seemed great to work with and we had lots of Training given weather it turned out to be a little rushed from time to time.

I still managed to keep my work ethics in check with the 1 on 1 Team managers coaching.

The hardest part was keeping the customers satisfied with the solutions.
good job
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 25, 2016
It's a great job I just need something closer to home. I love working in customer service and providing customers with satisfaction.
Sutherland
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 22, 2016
Great peer environment, only thing that is a downfall is that management. I feel they are unorganized and not willing to build as a team. Wouldn't recommend anyone to work there.
Sutherland
Click to Chat Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONAugust 20, 2016
Sutherland has a high turn over rate because they need to be less about stats. It is a terribly stressful environment and it is hard to get accommodations.
Pros
Food themed days with free food
Cons
supervisors and managers are not helpful
Alright place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 17, 2016
It's a soul sucking job, but it pays and they have full time with benefits. The pay is mediocre, and I wasn't there long enough to have benefits. The management is hit or miss, but the managers are usually as miserable as you are working there. Customers are often verbally abusive.
Productive workplace environment and Friendly Management
Quality Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 17, 2016
Sutherland is a learning place for anyone who wants to start their carrier with customer lifecycle management company. Friendly Management assists you to bring the best out of you.
good beginners job
Self help, reset password chat consultant (Former Employee) –  Sault-Sainte-Marie, ONAugust 16, 2016
- Sustained customer satisfaction
- Protected personal information
- Aided in self help

learn to be very patient when explaining over a computer.
Pros
incentives of free dress down days
Cons
lots of sitting and looking at a screen
High turn over and for good reason
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 7, 2016
I worked on the floor for a month and had to quit. Had a manager tell me my numbers were low and because my numbers were low we were not going to get the good hours the following month (8-5 M-F) she then said that it was obvious I didn't care about my son otherwise my numbers would have been better. Training was fun and enjoyable but the managers are awful. Honestly their is no leadership.
Pros
You get paid?
Cons
Atmosphere looks enjoyable but it's a lie
fun and productive fast paced environment with fun corner.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  kingston, jaAugust 4, 2016
Sutherland is fun place to work with daily activities to keep off the pressure. reliable and fun leaders. a place where an individual can grow personally and professionally.
Badly managed at the Sr, level
Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 4, 2016
Sutherland has a very high turnover rate in both its lower management and its general employees due to poor work environment and unattainable demands.

They will tell you it is not a selling position but in reality it is based on the add ons you are able to force billing customers to accept.

As a team supervisor unrealistic sales expectations are put on you and you are encouraged to let associates go with out giving any true assistance to them in improving their skills.
Great co-workers, no advancement
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONAugust 3, 2016
The calls were sometime too shortly timed as not everyone can be helped in that short time span, some calls DO take longer than others. and I do not think you should be penalized for this, which you are. Unfair.
Co-workers were sometimes funny and fun.
Hardest part of the job was trying to get a call accomplished before the set time of let's say 12-15 minutes. Sometimes it is darn near impossible.
the most enjoyable part was probably the breaks or the time when we got to go home to our families.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Annoying Hours
Political Conflicts but Stable job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 30, 2016
In training you learn a little, and it's more hands on experience. The computers in the training room are beyond slow and used to test your patience. Once you head on the production floor it's a different environment. You'll meet some good people, but never trust anyone as trust is a big issue. Management may promise you a lot, until you start doing well, then they may favour others over you, which mean favoritism is a big issue. Doesn't matter how much you perform, they keep saying it's your performance, meanwhile when you look at the numbers it's not, it's hand picked on who get's to be promoted, which is very unfair and definitely explains the ratings. Previous program(s), they have you write tests and they try to play a good role with feedback, but the truth, is determined if the coaches like you they'll choose you. The current program I'm in works the opposite, it's HAND picked over paperwork. Hence I have absolutely no respect to the ones who are incharged in making this decision. They say "It's you" meanwhile ask anyone working there, it's not YOU, it's THEM. Don't get me wrong, they provide good benefits, parking space and have very friendly staff.
Pros
Free Parking, Friendly environment, and outgoing people.
Cons
Lots of favoritism, unappreciative approach and work politics.
well this place takes the cake
Customer Service Rep. Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 27, 2016
this place had its pros and cons and more so cons i can think of, the job security wasn't good i could have lost my job any time even after my 3 month probation and i ended up quitting my job there because i was refused vacation time when i worked for it and payed into it
Productive and fun workplace with cafeterias and activities
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 26, 2016
Love the environment and how the company takes care of their employees. You meet new people and feel challenged everyday. The actual job is fun and demands patience and forward thinking when taking calls but overall great company to work with.
Pros
Activities, great lessons and training, good environment
Cons
Pay every two weeks
Enjoyed working with co-workers and training manager was very informative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 22, 2016
Overall the job itself was very boring but at times it had its fun moments. Sometimes you would call somebody in a good mood and have a nice conversation but sometimes they were in a bad mood and they don't want to talk at all. It's not a job for everybody but it has very good benefits for full time employees
speaking to different people fun workplace
Sales (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 21, 2016
Get set up on your computer and start answering phone calls. Every day we learn something new. Learn the sales to pitch and receive commission. Be patient and always have a positive attitude. Work can be long and boring but its what gets you by.
Pros
being social
Worst Place in the World
UVerse Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 13, 2016
-training was painfully boring(and i understand it gets like that because i worked at numerous call centers) and they expect you to retain so much information without ever going over it or making sure you understand it
-computers are old, slow, and FILTHY
-software programs are absolute garbage and work maybe one day out of the week
-customers are selfish and greedy
-i got written up for helping out a coworker via private chat EVEN THOUGH that's where you are told to talk to people
-i got written up for hanging up on a customer "because they were not using foul language" (even though he threatened to find out where i live, kill me, then kill my family and i gave the 3 warnings)???
-it is so hot to the point where i was physically sick

Bottom line: i would rather be poor and live on the streets than go back and work for Sutherland Global Services

The ONLY good thing is the pay and the benefits.
Pros
benefits, pay rate
Cons
literally everything
terrible
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 12, 2016
while your working there you better have good sales pitches because they stop caring about you if you dont. they put you down all the time my friend got told he has no work ethic but he works hard. 9 hours a day for 12 dollars is not worth how much stress you have to go threw. its not worth it for working for a american company here in canada
Pros
sit in a chair all day
Cons
long hours, forcefull

Sutherland Global Services Reviews by Location