Sutherland Global Services

1.1K reviews

Sutherland Global Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
They have some improvements to make.
Customer Care Call Center Agent (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 14, 2015
Pros: commission, occasionally free food (BBQs, coffee, etc)
Cons: shift changes, poor management, stressful job
A typical day at sutherland involved accepting inbound calls from AT&T customers. Customer can be fairly angry or upset and can project their feelings on you. Representatives need to be skilled in problem solving, reassuring the customer and deescalating callers.

A disadvantage to working here is the emotional burn out you will feel when you resolve the customer's issue but the customer may still not give you a positive survey, or may not fill out a survey for you at all, which will negatively affect your score. Sutherland takes these scores seriously, and there is pressure to keep yourself in range. If you don't stay in range, they will fire you. It can be stressful, as some customers are satisfied but just chose not to fill out the surveys, or some are angry entering the call and are still upset even after a solution is presented. With the pressure to stay in range, and upset customers lashing out at you for something that is not your fault, it doesn't take much to feel overwhelmed and burnt out. In my opinion, their score system is flawed. It is understandable that scores should be important to sutherland, as it's the only way to review the agents, however people should not be fired because of neutral callers. Maybe in the future they will improve their score system, but as of right now, it only creates more stress to an already stressful job.
Nice workplace.
Customer Service/Consultant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Free launches every now and then.
Cons: Long hours, little support, low pay.
On a typical day, there is music in the room with several people talking on phones all at once. Gets pretty noisy sometimes and you have to explain to clients about the background noises. I learned a new level of patience and tolerance I did not know I had before. Management is OK. Co-workers are pleasant with each other, but hardly have the time to actually get to know each other. The hardest part of the job was being insulted by clients who are not satisfied with company services. There are those days when you feel wretched for clients you are not able to help the way they want. Plus, the system of evaluating employees was kind of unfair. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to go above and beyond for a client and knowing you had made an impact on them or their lives.
Save your time
customer service (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Management, long hours, horrible shifts, if you're not popular you won't move up.
This is by far the worst company to work for. Yes, it pays the bills. Yes, there is benefits. But if you aren't 'cool' and the coaches don't like you, then you will never move up. Ever. The management in the mobility department is the worst thing to ever walk this earth. Theres one manager who is a complete psycho, and everyone hates her, and she is so unprofessional. People cry on a daily basis. That is the main thing about this place. They will hire anybody who walks in that door, and they never do anything about the horrible management. I felt like I was in highschool in grade 10 with all the drama. Worst. Place. Ever.
Great pay, not so good environment.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJune 28, 2015
Pros: Good pay and benefits
Cons: Poor management, lack of support.
The training class was great. Got to meet some nice people. However, once we got to to the production floor, there was next to NO support which made everything very stressful. Many people that were supposed to be helping people, ignored them. My "coach" couldn't care less about helping us learn how to do our job. I worked very hard to be good at my job and do my very best, but with how poorly managed everything is, I knew there was something much better out there.
Sutherland
Sales Representative/ Floor Support (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJune 8, 2015
Working for Sutherland would only be a temp job not a long term job I would not recommend this job to anyone. Ive been there for 5 years and still unable to move up in the company and no pay increases
great work place
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJune 5, 2015
Pros: you get to learn how to multitask with many softwares and tools
Cons: you don't get paid enough for how much you work
Sutherland Global service is providing many call center jobs to the South East Asian countries and taking jobs away from the North American countries. They are also paying a very low salary and they are hiring great workers which makes the workplace great not the CEO or the company
enjoyable envioroment
Technical Support Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Windsor, ONMay 31, 2015
very enjoyable place and productive with excellent culture.
I have good working relation with my co-worker and we share views all the time.
A place to work
Tech Support (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 29, 2015
Basically Its a bunch of Kids Running a Company that has a contract with AT&T. They only care about drinking and making friends if you don't fit in they find away to get rid of you.

A typical work day was poo you pick up calls and get help fix issues. then get yelled at by your boss because you aren't ever good enough.

You learn that if you are young and social you don't need anything else you can just talk your way into anything without ever doing a thing
Productive workplabe with secure work environment
Consultant (Current Employee), Windsor, ONApril 20, 2015
A typical day seems like receiving atleast 40 inbound calls from customers and fixing their issues. I learned how to communicate better in order to solve customers issue. Management is amazing as they are very supportive. Also co-workers are helpful in order to help new hires. Hardest part would be worklife balance. Most enjoyable part is we get to gave fun as we all employees sit together and make it a fun place to work
Good Place to work in
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 4, 2015
good place to work in, they had benefits and people were helpful.. their salaries was good they gave me alot of experience in a couple of months
Monotonous work
Tech Support (Current Employee), Windsor, ONApril 2, 2015
Pros: Location
Cons: Hours
I wasnt able to fully apply myself at sutherland for one reason, I cared too much about each individual call.

Clock in, start taking calls.

Roughly after a short while, break, then more calls until lunch

Lunch to second break, then by end of day clock out, go home.

I cared far too much about each individual call, which tore me up inside.
It's a call centre.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Sault Ste Marie, ONMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Good place to work.
Cons: Call centre.
Get to work, log into your computer, log into the phone. Take calls all day. The program is inbound sales. I assisted customers place their orders and tried to up sell and cross sell the product line. The job had some stress because you were rated on up sells and cross sells. Most of my co-workers were nice people.
I worked with a great team.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONMarch 20, 2015
Pros: getting to work with a great team, having great resources to do the job
Cons: unfortunately i was laid off after working there for several years, i of course understand it was a business need, it was just hard to leave a job i had been working at for over 5 years
There wasn't always a typical day. That's what I liked about it the most. I liked that on each call you didn't know what skill you may have to use to assist the customer. There was monthly employee of the month awards.
stressful
Customer Service representative (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONMarch 13, 2015
was a very stressful work place! customers were usually irate and didnt like us from the start,had to calm them down explain they're phone to them and then try and sell them something
Very good place to work
Assist in troubleshooting and technical support (Current Employee), sault ste marieMarch 4, 2015
The training, the people, the managers are all great! the people you work with make it so that its never a dull day. the hours are steady, and there is always someone there to help with improvement.
good dependable job
Technical support (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 27, 2015
very stressful when dealing with irate customers all day, they should have 10 minute breaks right after calls to be able to cope with the stress.
productive and busy
Field Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), windsor, ontarioFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: quick thinking
Cons: short breaks
The day is only 8 hours and ensure that everyone has opportunity to rest. The job is very busy in the daytime and the phones are constantly off the hook. word of advice is to pace self. great place to learn how to think on feet and getting quick solutions
good company to work for
Technical Support/Customer Service (Current Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, OntarioFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: excellent support staff and management.
Cons: dealing with stressful situations and varying shifts that are bid on based on performance and stats.
Good company to work for. Training and support are well done. Co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with. Best part of the job was to solve problems for customers and make them happy. Hardest part of the job was learning some of the tools used to get resolution for customers although with practice and support it didnt take long to learn the majority of them.
Hard Work and Challenging
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: bonuses and recognition
Cons: long hours, difficult clients
While I worked at Sutherland Global, I developed a large amount of respect for the people I speak with over the phone. The job is not easy and requires quick thinking, patience and adaptability. The Job challenged me in ways I think have helped me to become a better employee.
A very productive and positive place to work
Consultant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: great group of people to work with
Cons: long hours
A very productive and positive place to work. There are a wonderful group of people there, both in personality and work ethic. Although the hours are long and the scheduling of the shifts can sometimes make it problematic for personal life, the place is a very good place to be employed.
Headquarters