Sutherland Global Services

Sutherland Global Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Lots to learn, lots to not remember. Clients can be stressful and will make or break you.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 25, 2016
The hours are fair and scheduling was reasonable. Directly on the job there were times of stress in the lack of understanding, support staff are available through coaching or reaching out to peers.
Coaches and peers will offer the most help as opposed to training - not because the training is terrible but because there is a lot of information that is hard to digest during the initial training period. If the worker is willing to reach they will receive answers but it's up to the person independently if they can ask the right questions to get the right answers.
Clients can make the day more difficult but it's what you expect at customer service.
Fun place to work, friendly management,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 31, 2016
Typical day at Sutherland was a fun but frustrating experience, after knowing what was going on with the job it did get easier and more rewarding.
The Managers are good to work with & the co-workers can be fun to be with.
The hardest part of the job would be just starting out in the customer service sector. After a few months it does get easier.
Working with sutherland was a great experience. I learnt so much.
Password Reset Specialist/Customer Service Care (Former Employee) –  OntarioApril 27, 2016
Sutherland global services is very coordinated. The care about the customer and provide the best help possible. Also the see to it that customer's information is kept discreet, The take extreme measures for privacy.
Pros
Its easy to learn.
Cons
school affects your schedule.
Stressful, long-hours
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Stressful, customer base is generally aggro. Long work hours, little balance between work & personal life. Little room for advancement in certain programs/departments.

An enjoyable part of the job is some of your peers, they can make a typically boring & stressful work environment fun from time to time.
Pros
non-strenuous activity
Cons
long hours, little balance between work & personal life, little room for advancement.
Great atmosphere, but high turnover
AT&T GigaPower Technician Assistance (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 23, 2016
I was on the Sutherland iCare committee and assisted with ensuing staff had an enjoyable atmosphere.
I thoroughly enjoyed what I did daily, and had great fellow employees that made the atmosphere even more enjoyable.
I wish employees had more value given the specialization when advancing to other departments.
Great company otherwise.
The issue of fun in the office is no different–both opinions have valid points, but in the end, your result will all depend on how you apply fun.
Case manager directly until resolution was reached (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Reinforced, to the customer, the importance of calling the Case
Manager directly until resolution was reached
Provided with contact numbers and information so they can contact management department Restated the customer’s statements to show an understanding of the issue
Demonstrated ownership compliant and ensured resolution of the issue
Representative
Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 1, 2016
Description:Answer customers inquiries by utilizing tools, listening to customers and providing  information.

what I learned from this job experience would have to be how to learn with a fluctuating job environment, for example promotions, updates to company policies, and changing plans.

The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the Team work experience, I was able to work with more then a hundred coworkers and everyone was always able to help out anyone, always having fun and enjoying work.
Sutherland Global Serives
Customer Service Representative / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  500 Ouelette Ave. Windsor, ONMarch 20, 2016
A typical day at work is helping or assisting fellow co-workers with customers, when customers request for a supervisor for further assistance I make sure their issue is resolved.

Learned from management and co-workers to go above and beyond for the customer and empathize with them to understand where are they coming from. In addition to learn and excel to new software and systems to better the customer service experience.

The hardest part of the job when the systems don't work as efficient as they should, but I look at that aspect as positive because it makes me think better on my feet and think more outside the box, to assist the customer.

The most enjoyable part of the job is, my co-workers are a joy to work with and they're very much team players and the feeling that I resolved all the customer's questions and concerns.
Pros
full benefits
Cons
no room for moving up in the company/no promotions
i enjoyed working there
Technical Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 23, 2016
shocking to what other may say about sutherland, i enjoyed working there. the jobs were easy, never too stressful on me, and i made great friends with my fellow co-workers while employed and am still friends with them after employment.
good atmosphere
technical support (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 20, 2016
It is a good company to work for, management friendly and helpful, the job it self is easy however very stressful. It is a routine and repetitive job which try to resolve customers tv, internet and phone issues over the phone. I like the job, but I do believe it should pay more.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Pays too little
pretty decent.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONFebruary 18, 2016
suutherland was pretty decent, the hours were steady so you always knew when you were working. they did not work around bus schedules. wouldnt help you if you were on a 6 hour call and had no breaks. very unorganized.
Pros
steady work
Cons
long hours, can get stressful, long calls.
Productive workplace with great furniture
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 11, 2016
Very fun atmosphere with lots of productivity, but as time goes by most of the things have already been done leaving you with time spent doing nothing but its still time to relax
Fun and laid back environment.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 11, 2016
Relaxing and productive environment, employees are very friendly. Excellent company to work for, pay is great and they are very flexible with your shift concerning school!
Pros
pay incentives
Cons
sitting at a chair for long hours
My experience with Sutherland
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 5, 2015
Sutherland is a great experience for people seeking a new career to have their skills developed but it is limited regarding growth and advancement within the company. I have excelled and exhausted all resources at Sutherland and I am not seeking a career job which provides me the incentive of advancement within a company.
Pros
The people you meet and the relationships you build
Cons
limited growth
Specialized to work with technicians
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 4, 2015
I started off at Sutherland working for AT&T technical support assisting customers with there modem issues and adjusting monthly bills. I was promoted very quickly to work only with AT&T technicians while they are at customers houses to do line-testing and setting up the proper signals.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Very bad work schedule and was not consistent.
very nice place of work, quite clean and kept up to par
Remote computer technical support (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONDecember 11, 2015
a typical day at work would involve inbound and outgoing calls, concerning customers of our support program and their home computer. At this job i quickly learned how to repair system errors such as software bugs or viral/malware infections. the management was very likable and down to earth, if you had a problem or an issue they would more often than not help you to resolve it even if their personal work load was severe. my coworkers were always there for assistance and teamwork was a daily effort. the hardest part of the job would have to be informing new customers of the fact that our support was a fee based third tier service and taking insult after insult over the phone.
the most enjoyable part of this job was making people happy at the end of it all.
Pros
stable hours and clean work
Cons
i was working from 12:30pm untill 9:00pm so i did not have anytime for anything
An Excellent Learning Opportunity
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 16, 2016
A wonder learning experience for people who want to learn the in's and out of customer service under pressure. Definitely made my service a whole lot better
Making customers happy and supportive management.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 12, 2015
A typical day at work involves handling at minimum 4-6 irate customers who are unsatisfied about the service. What I do as a customer service representative is de-escalate this situations, look at our offers and come up with an alternative, or simply give the customer an explanation on how to stop the same situation from happening again. This involved a lot of listening, patience, and problem solving skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was giving the customer a resolution, and flipping the situation to give them a smile.
Another thing I loved about Sutherland was the extremely supportive staff. Your good work was always recognized, and if you were in need of help, your coworkers/team managers were always there to help you progress and improve.
Pros
Many ways to advance in the company.
They had a wii to play in the break rooms
tech support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Took tech calls back to back for 9 hrs a day. Had to work fast and know about everything there was to know about tech issues for cable equipment and update wifi/ computer know how.
Pros
close to home
Cons
there work place rules on religion
Fun relaxed environment
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONJanuary 29, 2016
I learned a lot while working at Sutherland. The trainers were really clear and informative while teaching the classes. The management were kind and understanding.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
the phones were unbearable