Sutherland Global Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent opportunities
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 22, 2016
Sutherland allows you to grow within the company. They focus on the development and advancement of their employees. Client demands will often times overcast this focus, however this is where you learn. I have learned ways to balance both client and internal employees. The people I work with make it enjoyable to work here. To see their own development and advancement is amazing, and I love the team atmosphere. This is the biggest reason why I enjoy what I do. This company looks for future leaders and allows the opportunity for anyone. The most difficult part of the job is balancing the needs of the client vs the needs of the company. This will at times cause challenges in the mentality of those that you are responsible for. Overall, a great place to improve your skills and take them with you.
was an incentive building company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 20, 2016
becauae of the customer complaints my floor of customer service reps. would get stressed out expecially since we worked long hours so they would give us prizes and fun activities to do during out 10 minute break. Wasnt a very good work environment way to much negativity
Good working enviroment
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 18, 2016
Flexible schedule
great team work
great place to start up a career
and a place to learn and attain great heights
Good working environment
Has a bigger turnover rate than a Football game
Tier 1 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 8, 2016
When you're not being given the daily dosage of racial slurs or other insults through the phone calls with absolutely bafflingly stupid customers, you're sweating from the lack of proper Air-Conditioning, or worried that your day at work will be your last since the company will let you go for absolutely anything.

Had a customer who decided YOU need to fix their Netflix account, even though the website and service is down for maintenance? You're gone for not helping them enough, even though it's not in your policy.

Nearly died coming back from lunch cause a car almost hit you? You take too many breaks. Bye.

Your computer froze while working on an issue and now you gotta start over, and the customer understands the wait time? You're gone cause you take too long.

Finish an issue too quick? You're not being personal enough with customers.
Pros
You get to go on Reddit all day.
Cons
Everything.
Great place to work in general
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 6, 2016
Management/Team Leaders very helpful, caring and ensuring their team to strive to be the best representative they can be.
Pros
Very good incentives to do better
Cons
Very loud and stressful enviroment
Productive Place To Learn
Technical Support Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 1, 2016
productive place to learn and improve on technical skills. long hours but good experience for those just entering customer support.
productive fun environment
AT&T Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 27, 2016
responsible for making sales on each phone call and resolving any customer complaints or issues.
Hardest part is understanding customers of different cultures and what they want.
Not bad
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 25, 2016
it wasnt bad tbh but i wouldnt work here at this company again because the employees are waste man and they dont deserve to mange so il see you later my friend okay
i enjoyed working there
Technical Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 23, 2016
shocking to what other may say about sutherland, i enjoyed working there. the jobs were easy, never too stressful on me, and i made great friends with my fellow co-workers while employed and am still friends with them after employment.
An Excellent Learning Opportunity
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 16, 2016
A wonder learning experience for people who want to learn the in's and out of customer service under pressure. Definitely made my service a whole lot better
Productive workplace with great furniture
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 11, 2016
Very fun atmosphere with lots of productivity, but as time goes by most of the things have already been done leaving you with time spent doing nothing but its still time to relax
Working with sutherland was a great experience. I learnt so much.
Password Reset Specialist/Customer Service Care (Former Employee) –  OntarioApril 27, 2016
Sutherland global services is very coordinated. The care about the customer and provide the best help possible. Also the see to it that customer's information is kept discreet, The take extreme measures for privacy.
Pros
Its easy to learn.
Cons
school affects your schedule.
Fun place to work, friendly management,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 31, 2016
Typical day at Sutherland was a fun but frustrating experience, after knowing what was going on with the job it did get easier and more rewarding.
The Managers are good to work with & the co-workers can be fun to be with.
The hardest part of the job would be just starting out in the customer service sector. After a few months it does get easier.
Lots to learn, lots to not remember. Clients can be stressful and will make or break you.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 25, 2016
The hours are fair and scheduling was reasonable. Directly on the job there were times of stress in the lack of understanding, support staff are available through coaching or reaching out to peers.
Coaches and peers will offer the most help as opposed to training - not because the training is terrible but because there is a lot of information that is hard to digest during the initial training period. If the worker is willing to reach they will receive answers but it's up to the person independently if they can ask the right questions to get the right answers.
Clients can make the day more difficult but it's what you expect at customer service.
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 23, 2016
Its good, best suited for starter, you get to know a lot about Canadian customer requirement and workplace, love the management team.
full time and worked with school schedule
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 22, 2016
I enjoyed working here for the most part they gave me plenty opportunities to grow and provided me wit stable full time employment
Sutherland Global Serives
Customer Service Representative / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  500 Ouelette Ave. Windsor, ONMarch 20, 2016
A typical day at work is helping or assisting fellow co-workers with customers, when customers request for a supervisor for further assistance I make sure their issue is resolved.

Learned from management and co-workers to go above and beyond for the customer and empathize with them to understand where are they coming from. In addition to learn and excel to new software and systems to better the customer service experience.

The hardest part of the job when the systems don't work as efficient as they should, but I look at that aspect as positive because it makes me think better on my feet and think more outside the box, to assist the customer.

The most enjoyable part of the job is, my co-workers are a joy to work with and they're very much team players and the feeling that I resolved all the customer's questions and concerns.
Pros
full benefits
Cons
no room for moving up in the company/no promotions
Fun and laid back environment.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 11, 2016
Relaxing and productive environment, employees are very friendly. Excellent company to work for, pay is great and they are very flexible with your shift concerning school!
Pros
pay incentives
Cons
sitting at a chair for long hours
Great atmosphere, but high turnover
AT&T GigaPower Technician Assistance (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 23, 2016
I was on the Sutherland iCare committee and assisted with ensuing staff had an enjoyable atmosphere.
I thoroughly enjoyed what I did daily, and had great fellow employees that made the atmosphere even more enjoyable.
I wish employees had more value given the specialization when advancing to other departments.
Great company otherwise.
pretty decent.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONFebruary 18, 2016
suutherland was pretty decent, the hours were steady so you always knew when you were working. they did not work around bus schedules. wouldnt help you if you were on a 6 hour call and had no breaks. very unorganized.
Pros
steady work
Cons
long hours, can get stressful, long calls.