Surrey Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

new experience with mother/baby care
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 August 2017
enjoyed and teaching new mothers with babies. made me aware
what to expect when I decided to become a mother. Valued bringing
a new life in this world
Pros
learning opportunities with experienced nurses
Cons
helplessness when babies crying during circumcision procedure
Work day at Neurology at Surrey Memorial Hospital
Nursing Unit Clerk Practicum (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC15 August 2017
Begin with turning on the computer, see if there's some notes from the doctors or Medications to put on the MAR , change the white board, see the appointment for each patients. Review all the discharge and admissions.
fast paced
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 July 2017
The orthopedic unit is very heavy. Many client's required lifts or the assistance of two nurses for any transfers. Each RN was responsible for 8 client's which were shared with an LPN.
never a dull moment
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 May 2017
I love working at surrey memorial hospital. The staff are friendly, easy to connect to, and are team players. staff members also communicate very well with each other
Awesome if seeking position with growth
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 May 2017
Surrey Memorial Hospital is a perfect placement for an individual seeking growth and the opportunity to advance in career. Staff for the most part are friendly and encourage one another. Due to costs, there are times where units may be understaffed. Though one learns to adapt and work efficiently by good team work.
Productive and a great working environment
Psychiatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 April 2017
Even though our unit was busy, we were all able to work together. Staff would help each other every chance they got. There was a lot of team work. At the time of my employment we were under great management.
I learnt a lot from the senior nurses, Psychiatrist and other team members
great floor to work in
RN (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC27 February 2017
i am so very blessed to be a part of such a big hospital wonderful experiance its a very busy acute floor the team is multicultural
very friendly
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 February 2017
very nice place to work. food court is gross feel bad for the patients. lots of groupy co workers, lots of gossip. very busy place and ppl can get very rude
Pros
close to home
Cons
rude ppl
its a good place to work
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 February 2017
its a good place to work and gain experience. staff and managers are always around if you need anything or support. love to work here
great atmosphere
ER access control and front desk security (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 December 2016
Worked here as a security access control officer and front emergency front desk duties 8-9 years ago. Hospital has changed now but that time too it was one of the best hospitals in lower mainland area.
The staff is great, more funding would. E great
LPN (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 November 2016
I think surrey memorial is a great place to work. The people there are very friendly and it is a great place to work. the management however needs to listen to the staff.
It was fun
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 October 2016
Coworkers are very nice. Hardest part of the job was seeing the patients. I learned a lot from working there. It was enjoyable cause it was close to my house.
Smh
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC28 September 2016
Surrey Memorial hospital is a great place to get experience as a student nurse. The staff is very helpful. I worked in acute care and i learnt a lot as one get lot of opportunities to work in variety of skills.
Busy, chaotic, fast paced emergency room
Medical Clerk (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC6 June 2016
There are no typical days at Surrey Memorial Emergency! I have learned to stay organized and task oriented during the rush and I keep busy by strengthening my personal relationships by learning about my colleagues when it's slow. The hardest part of my job is seeing the grief from families during tragedy and the most enjoyable is part is the rewarding feeling of helping someone in need.
Pros
It's exciting sometimes
Cons
Overtime night shifts
Productive and constantly learning new things on the job
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 June 2016
As I am a new volunteer at Surrey Memorial, I find the staff and other volunteers very friendly and easy to approach with any questions I have. On a daily, I am learning new things about the hospital and recognizing regular patients as well. The hardest part of volunteering is when you see patients or guests that are in a vulnerable state because they are sick/ ave loved ones in the hospital that they are worried about. The best thing about volunteering is having the ability to give back and help others the most I can
Pros
Giving back and helping others
Cons
N/a
I worked there a long time ago but great way to get started in the field
Rehabilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 May 2016
I helped assist therapist in rehabbing the older adult. I dnjoyed building relationships and working with a wholistic team. I enjoyed the recreation programs the most.
Great learning environment
Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC25 November 2015
My preceptorship at Surrey Memorial Hospital was my most memorable clinical experience to date. I got to take charge and initiative and truly be a full scope Practical Nurse. I took on a full patient load, usually 4-5 patients, and provided care including medication administration and teaching, pain management, wound care, ostomy care, cather insertion and care, tube feeding, documentation, clinical policies and procedures, working with the interdisciplinary team to collaborate on patient care, and advocating for my patient.
Productive learning opportunities for learning Skills
Employed Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 September 2014
Employed as an Employed student Nurse. Performed daily nursing skills under the supervision of a licensed RN. Management was great as to cooperating with school schedule.
Good
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 April 2014
Smh is very supportive and welcoming hospital,I felt from my heart when I first migrated from england to this hospital.Management & administration are remarkable.
Lots of amazing co-workers
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 September 2013
A typical work day for me, was working in the family birthing unit. Not only did you get to clean all the rooms of people with the cutest brand new babies, the nurses, care-aids and even fellow housekeepers were really great to work with. I learned everything from how to clean things properly, sanitize, proper way to use PPE gear, to learning a little about sicknesses and illnesses as well. My management was pretty great, Was pretty good when I needed extra time off for family visiting, or moving. The hardest part was moving away. I would have to say the most enjoyable part was seeing patients get better, and just knowing that what you were doing was a huge help to everyone who was apart of the hospital.
Pros
Half hour paid break, great staff
Cons
Sometimes the job was on-call