Summer is in the air! Are you interested in contributing to the enhancement of community safety in the City of Surrey? Looking for a meaningful part-time job that is a great opportunity for career advancement and resume enhancement? If so, then you would be a great fit with Surrey Crime Prevention Society as a Program Coordinator for the Citizens Community Safety Watch Program!
Status: Regular Part-Time
Hours of Work: 12 to 14 hour workweek: Friday & Saturday nights
Hourly Pay: $12.00
Summary of Duties:
- Recruiting, screening and training of new volunteers
- Scheduling volunteers and tracking hours
- Weekly, monthly and annual reports
- Keeping program equipment in good working order (inventory control)
- Security of Base Station and area
- Ensuring the night's roster is input correctly and sent to RCMP radio room
- Communication skills and instructional ability
- Ability to recruit, motivate and retain volunteers
- Good computer skills and a flair for writing/editing
- Ability to provide training, guidance, and assistance to volunteers
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts
- Must pass an RCMP Enhanced Reliability Check
- Must provide driver's license abstract (British Columbia Driving Record Search)
- Knowledge of International Phonetic Alphabet, 10-codes and 24-hour clock an asset
Please send cover letter and resume outlining your knowledge, skills, abilities and qualification to this ad.
Only those considered will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest!