We are a well establish distributor or abrasives for surface finishing in Canada. We are looking for a General Manager who will be responsible for the profitability, growth and overall management and direction of our subsidiary based in GTA. This visionary leader will staff, coach, and direct a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in-line with company vision and values. You will develop innovative and creative partnerships targeting specialized OEM, buying group, and industrial distributors. In this role you will be responsible for developing and executing the sales strategy and tactics needed to drive new business and increase existing revenue with major accounts.
General areas of responsibility include:
- Business Plan Management to achieve corporate objectives through the effective implementation and execution of the short-term and long-term company goals;
- Sales Management to ensure world class service to our clients, as well as help implement ongoing sales and marketing efforts to achieve company sales goals;
- Staff Management to conduct staff meetings; personnel evaluations; performance management; staffing; coaching team leaders
- Technical training Management to introduce new innovative products to customers and staffs
- Purchasing Management to ensure better inventory, and negotiate price structure with our manufacturing partners.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Degree in Business administration and Management
- 15 years of experience in Sales management of abrasives
- Excellent management, negotiating, and organizational skills
- Works effectively in an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment, and is able to direct and work in harmony with a diverse group of motivated and capable individuals
- Experience in cultivating vendor relationships (global sourcing experience a plus)
- Ability to travel (domestic or international) periodically, if needed, to address company needs such as: attend tradeshows, conferences, continuing education seminars, company meetings at the corporate office, or assist in special client needs