Manager of Internal Audit
Sureway Construction Group, a privately held Edmonton based group of construction and manufacturing companies, is recruiting for the position of Manager of Internal Audit. With over 40 years of experience, Sureway Construction Group is a leader in the Alberta construction industry.
The ideal candidate:
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic environment;
- Exhibits great organizational and time management skills;
- Recognizes the importance of developing strong operational knowledge to complement the internal audit function;
- Works effectively with senior management;
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Comfortable problem-solving and working independently.
- Develop, direct and manage the internal audit function;
- Assist management in reviewing and assessing risk areas;
- Develop an annual internal audit plan using an appropriate risk-based methodology;
- Execute audit procedures including tests of internal controls;
- Communicate findings and recommendations as a result of audits, and assist with the development and implementation of policies and procedures from audit recommendations;
- Support management in the assessment and implementation of internal controls;
- Investigate activities within the organization which are suspected of non-compliance with corporate policy; and
- Perform related work as assigned by the Shareholders.
- Professional accounting designation (CA or CMA);
- CIA certification considered an asset;
- Experience in managing an internal audit function;
- Experience in assessing risk and developing an annual audit plan;
- Knowledge of audit standards;
- Knowledge of business processes and internal controls;
- Experience in conducting audit procedures and test of internal controls;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; and
- Experience in a construction setting is considered an asset.
The Manager of Internal Audit will play a key role in the development and management of an internal audit function for the Sureway Construction Group. The Manager of Internal Audit will develop and execute an annual audit plan targeting financial and operational risks and processes and communicate results and recommendations to management. The Manager of Internal Audit will perform related work as assigned by the Shareholders, work independently and demonstrate corporate and professional ethical standards. This position reports directly to the Vice-President and General Manager.
Location: This full-time permanent position is located in Edmonton Alberta.
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. This full-time position includes a comprehensive company benefits package.
Please submit resume with cover letter and salary expectations
Online at: www.sureway.ca/careers
Fax: (780) 577-5525
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your future… at Sureway…starts today. Building tomorrow’s future, today.