Sureway Construction Group is one of Alberta’s leaders in the construction industry with over 40 years’ experience involved in; civil earthworks and grading, utilities and off-sites, mine operation and aggregate extraction. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, Sureway’ s projects are primarily located within Edmonton and surrounding areas, and extending as far north as the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
- Ensure efficiency and productivity of work crews.
- Conduct daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections.
- Assess and confirm, through documentation, crew competency.
- Review safe work plans/ hazard assessment with crew prior to job commencement.
- Take corrective action to mitigate immediate hazards.
- Identify surplus equipment and labour resources.
- Operate in a safe and courteous manner at all times.
- Ensure adequate and suitable safety equipment, including PPE, is supplied, readily accessible, properly used and maintained.
- Conduct incident investigations and prepare associated support documentation immediately.
- Adhere to project, company environmental considerations.
- Monitor equipment utilization.
- Complete daily activity reports/daily logs.
- 2 years Earthworks Foreman/Woman experience minimum.
- Recognizes and understands the safe operation of heavy equipment.
- Civil Engineering Technology or Construction Engineering Technology degree/diploma is desirable but not necessary.
- Construction supervisory courses or equivalent experience related to supervision of construction operations.
- Excellent people and mentorship skills.
- Clean driving abstract. Valid driver’s license (no GDL).
- Ability to work in a team constructed environment.
Sureway offers a fantastic opportunity to join a leading team in the heavy civil construction industry. We offer a friendly, fast paced environment with plenty of room for career advancement, great benefits, and a strong team of professionals.
Hours of Work: 10+ hours per day. Day and night shift required.
Location: This position is located in Edmonton.
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position includes a comprehensive company benefits package and a company truck.
Please submit resume with cover letter and salary expectations
Online at: www.sureway.ca/careers
Fax: (780) 577-5525
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your future… at Sureway…starts today. Building tomorrow’s future, today.