Field Health and Safety Coordinator
Sureway Construction Group is one of Alberta’s leaders in the construction industry with over 40 years’ experience involved in; civil earthworks and grading, utilities and off sites, mine operation and aggregate extraction. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, Sureway’ s projects are primarily located within Edmonton and surrounding areas, and extending as far north as the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
As our company continues to expand we are looking to hire a Field Health and Safety Coordinator. This position reports to the Health and Safety Manager and works in a safety team environment. The position involves both field and office work.
- NCSO designation with a minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience in the construction industry
- Detailed knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- A passion for improving health & safety; energy and enthusiasm are critical characteristics
- Highly developed leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with field staff, office staff and clients
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Successfully pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Deliver new hire orientations
- Coordinate and facilitate technical safety and awareness training programs
- Provide support, direction and training to supervisors and employees
- Prepare and attend safety meetings
- Perform safety coaching opportunities in the field
- Coordinate and carry out prompt investigations of workplace incidents
- Assist in conducting formal and informal safety audits
- Generate incident reports, provide recommendations and implement corrective actions
- Participate in Joint Health and Safety Committee meetings and initiatives
Sureway offers a fantastic opportunity to join a leading team in the heavy civil construction industry. We offer a friendly, fast paced environment with plenty of room for career advancement, great benefits, and a strong team of professionals.
Hours of Work: Hours of work are approximately 55 hours per week, with on-call responsibilities.
Location: This full-time position is located in Sureway Construction headquarters in Edmonton, Alberta.
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. This full-time position includes a comprehensive company benefits package.
Please submit resume with cover letter and salary expectations
Online at: www.sureway.ca/careers
Fax: (780) 577-5525
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your future… at Sureway…starts today. Building tomorrow’s future, today.