Corporate Health and Safety Manager
Sureway Construction Group is one of Alberta’s leaders in the construction industry with over 40 years’ experience involved in; civil earthworks and grading, utilities and off sites, mine operation and aggregate extraction. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, Sureway’ s projects are primarily located within Edmonton and surrounding areas, and extending as far north as the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in HS&E Management is preferred.
- A designation as a Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) and a National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO).
- Detailed knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
- 10+ years’ experience working in a related field within the heavy civil construction industry.
- Broad understanding of industry trends and HS&E best practices, relating to heavy civil construction and equipment.
- A passion for improving health & safety; energy and enthusiasm are critical characteristics.
- Highly developed leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with field staff, office staff and clients.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Successfully pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Maintain an ongoing understanding of the company’s operations, strategic plans, and related HS&E trends, risks and issues.
- Set and communicate goals, direction and priorities in the development of a comprehensive safety management program.
- Implement safety practices, policies and plans of the company.
- Provide necessary training, leadership, organization and control to meet the company's positive safety culture.
- Accept full authority to take any necessary action to maintain overall safe practices and procedures, including the authority to cease an unsafe operating procedure.
- Implement information flow and data publications to ensure each level of management is properly informed of all activities relative to compliance with company safety policies and bulletins.
- Ensure all equipment and buildings owned or operated by the company comply with safety and fire regulations and any other Provincial regulations.
- Instruct workers and monitor performance.
- Observe equipment and property conditions and report discrepancies to appropriate managers.
- Monitor and measure effectiveness of all safety programs.
- Develop a team from within the company to ensure safety and compliance is observed at all levels.
Sureway offers a fantastic opportunity to join a leading team in the heavy civil construction industry. We offer a friendly, fast paced environment with plenty of room for career advancement, great benefits, and a strong team of professionals.
Hours of Work: Hours of work are approximately 55 hours per week, with on-call responsibilities.
Location: This full-time position is located in Sureway Construction headquarters in Edmonton, Alberta.
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. This full-time position includes a comprehensive company benefits package.
Please submit resume with cover letter and salary expectations
Online at: www.sureway.ca/careers
Fax: (780) 577-5525
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your future… at Sureway…starts today. Building tomorrow’s future, today.