The Support Analyst manages the problem resolution process for operational systems to completion and reports on system availability and compliance with agreed service levels.
- Prevent and reduce incidents and provide quick resolution to ensure structured use of resources. This includes:
- Turning unknown errors into known errors. Involving all applicable parties to achieve this outcome. Typically includes Technical Administrator, Software Architect.
- Provide work-around scenarios for problems on hand.
- Raise Change Requests for problem mediation if change is required for resolution.
- Restore service as soon as possible while minimizing any negative effect on business processes
- Act as central point of customer contact
- Provide initial assessment of all incidents and attempt resolution from known solution knowledge base
- Assign unknown errors/problems as required
- Communicate with users
- Report on service support activities
- Provide testing of continuity management for possible eventuality
- Receive escalated calls from 1st level support, classify as known or unknown errors or other (data correction, training, feedback, etc.) If known error, communicate status and work around (if available) to customer
- Update case information, and provide customer feedback, regularly
- Troubleshoot and ensure trouble shooting of unknown issues and application service failures, by appropriate team. Turning unknown errors into known errors. Involving all applicable parties to achieve this outcome.
- Raise Modification Requests with the Modification Service for problem mediation if change is required for resolution of known error, and see to it that fix is deployed as per business priority and release schedule
- Monitoring systems performance, application logs, etc. Logging latent issues as Support Incidents where required
- Specify and track all case information on known and unknown errors, user help, workarounds, case status, support instructions, escalations, responsible parties, customer impacts, etc.
- Report on call numbers, frequencies, outcomes, trends, systems quality, user feedback, customer satisfaction, etc.
- Reduction and absence of incidents
- Increased service availability and performance
- High level of customer satisfaction
- Reduction in cost of the process
- Adherence to agreed service levels for response rates and resolution rates.
- Improved co-ordination with internal and external parties for incident and problem resolution
- Highly motivated service employees
Training and Certification
- Knowledge of Systems, Products and Applications in Operation and Production
- Knowledge of business impact of change and application failure
- Previous experience in tool selection, testing, systems configuration management tools and application packages
- Innovative problem solving and fault diagnostic skills
- Ability to take control of a situation and make decisions
- Ability to remain focused, prioritize and act
- Ability to take ownership and accountability
- A pro-active self-starter who can operate both individually and as part of a team
- Attentive to detail
- Communicates effectively, written and verbal
- Respects and ensure confidentiality of information
Indeed - 21 months ago