The inventory analyst will be responsible for developing and implementing inventory management policies and procedures while managing inventory through forecasting of customer demands. The Inventory Analyst will design and develop matrices as need to control site activities staging of parts and material, perform inventory transaction validation in systems, analyze excess inventory and provide recommendations for reducing excesses and aged inventory.
- Assist and support senior management in implementing the company vision and goals through execution of inventory management processes
- Provide leadership, control and direction to ensure the compliance of corporate inventory management policies and procedures
- Analyze, recommend, and approved execute action plan to: reduce, optimize and control inventory levels while meeting business requirements
- Ensure inventory write-downs are properly documented, approved and transacted, for managing financial depreciations and any disposal of physical inventory
- Manage and develop transactional processes to ensure data integrity
- Maintain accurate Inventory Master data files at the master and branch levels
- Manage branch inventory cycle counts and establishes and oversees major inventory reconciliation events
- Ensure adherence to safety rules, government regulations and company policies and procedures
- Design and develop monthly reporting KPIs and daily activities
Desired Skill and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or grade 12 with post-secondary education or equivalent experience relating to inventory management
- APICS certificate would be considered an asset
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in inventory management or similar discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with MRP systems (ideally Autopoint or other large scale system)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience performing root cause analysis to identify discrepancies, areas for improvement, and non-conformities
- Experience in generating reports related to inventory variance, turn over, returns, etc.
- Experience with consignment and VMI inventory practices
- Electrical, Instrumentation, Automation, and/or Industrial background experienced preferred
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills; team building skills.
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with people of all levels within the organization.
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong problem solving skills and sound decision making abilities.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of working in an ERP system (Autopoint, SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards).
We offer competitive wages, comprehensive group benefits, and an outstanding safety program. Those who are interested in joining our team, please visit out website www.surepoint.ca and apply.