We immediately require full time Gas Contract Operators for work in the Foster Creek area. Candidates with a minimum 3 year gas production operations experience preferred. This is a camp based position working 7 on, 7 off, days only. Candidates will be required to provide their own truck complete with tools and cell phone. This is a very physically demanding job, with lots of Argo work and hands-on duties. Preference will be given to those individuals who have their own Limited company.
Reporting to the Coordinator, you will be a key Operations Team member, ensuring the maximum performance of mechanical, instrumentation and facilities, while managing the day-to-day operation of wells, pipelines, field booster compressors and sweet gas facilities.
Duties will include:
- Operate equipment and facilities in a safe and efficient manner
- Troubleshoot process problems and identify opportunities for improvement and optimization
- Monitor field processing conditions utilizing SCADA control systems
- Maintain superior housekeeping practices
- Responsible for minor maintenance and the coordination of other maintenance activities
- Understand and perform safety responsibilities such as hazard identification, equipment lockout and emergency response
- Ensure compliance with environmental and safety regulatory requirements; responsible for corrective action if required
- Ensure effective communication with operations, maintenance and management staff
- Maintain proper documentation including operator log, maintenance records, safety and environment reports and others as required
- Ongoing performance improvement including job progression, site-specific training and process training
This is a safety sensitive position and pre-assignment D&A testing will be required.
- Minimum Grade 12, with 3-5 years of sweet gas well operating and reciprocating compressor experience
- Must be physically fit.
- Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Strong organizational and communication skills required
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently
- Proficient in the use and application of PC programs, specifically in Word, Excel, Outlook and Production Volume Reporting (PVR) would be an asset
- Should enjoy the outdoors and be comfortable working alone and independently
- Able to run heavy equipment(i.e. grader, skid steer)
Indeed - 6 months ago