Supply Chain Management

My co-workers were great,
Reveiver (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONSeptember 18, 2014
The hours are from 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm, 5 days a week
Different data operations
Most of the management was good
Co-workers were the best part other than getting paid
physical work is very enjoyable
Safe and produtive place work
OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 8, 2014
A lot learned and goog place work.
lot of internal posting
job serutiy and benefits
Former labourer, now an Electrician. Saw the job posting for an Electrician and laughed.
Labourer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 25, 2014
You could not pay me enough money to work for these clowns again. The management was superficial and manipulative. They would have these plant meetings where they pretended to address your concerns, but as soon as anything of substance was brought forward, they would shut down the employee/employees responsible. My co-workers were great, but it's hard – more... to enjoy work in the poisonous atmosphere this company fosters. The pace of work was brutal for the money you received, and not worth it in my opinion.

Karma is a funny thing, and a former manager of mine from this godforsaken company actually ended up underneath me as an apprentice. He was scared senseless that I was going to run him through the ringer, or just plain kick his butt, because he knew what a overbearing jerk he'd been. Fortunately for him, I'm a better person than that, and to be honest, had totally forgotten about him. I tend to do that with small people. Anyway, my point here is that this clown was a classic example of the type of management material that exists at SCM. The positive reviews you see on this site are those that haven't pierced the veil yet, and trust me, it takes awhile. I enjoyed the job for awhile until I began to see the lies for what they were. Anyway, the choice is yours, but you've been warned. – less
A+
Machine Handling Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: respect
Cons: tedious work
i enjoy the management and people that i work with.
i appreciate the dedication to safety that SCM upholds.
i feel valued and respected by management.
Love to work with co workers and making good friends
Order Picker (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2014
I love to work very friendly with my co-workers and helping them in everything which i can, I learned lot of things where ever I worked, like how to work together as a team and do our best for our customers and company. I am also a Social Club and Go Green Member in my Company from which I learned a lot. I always enjoy my work, it doesn't make any difference – more... to me where I work because I make good relationship with my co-workers. – less
Warehouse - Inhouse Security - Safety and Compliance
Safety and Compliance Supervisor - Night Shift (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: excellent parking
Cons: this job i am currently in is only for night shift and no other such rotation.
Start my day at 1800hrs till 0600hrs. Communication is key in this job and working as a team. Postings are access/control desk (CCTV), patrol (warehouse inside and outside), and gatehouse (in-bounding and out-bounding trailer). I am a supervisor for the night shift team and must make sure that the team is where they should be and that the team is conducting – more... their proper duties accordingly and using proper time management. We as Safety and Compliance must assist the warehouse operations with our support in making sure safety regulations are being followed and we must follow up on any safety related matters as quick and timely as possible, providing enough support so that the productivity of the warehouse stays consistent.

Safety and Compliance is apart of a large warehouse team and its our responsibility to impact the company in a positive way. I enjoy helping or giving others guidance from the knowledge given to me by my training. Safety and Compliance helps the operations with compliance to Safety and also making sure proper documentation is up to date - such as making forklift licence for the drivers, making sure that all trailers that enter our property have been properly screened by our gatehouse Safety and Compliance person, and also screening the warehouse workers with proper bag checks when leaving and/or making sure they are wearing the proper personal protective gear (safety shoes, eye protection, appropriate clothing that won't get snagged on moving parts).

I have learned a lot in the leadership role and its made my confidence stronger because the job forces me to talk to a diverse group of people and also e-mailing etiquette to important managers that need accurate information, communicated properly and efficiently.

I am looking forward to taking my experiences and training to other fun and exciting jobs. – less
Productive and enjoy to wrk with other people.
Order Picker (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 11, 2013
Pros: free pizza
Cons: 8 hrs - 10 hrs a day
for doing a typical day at work. I've learned how to increase my productivity and make my numbers in safety way by the end of the day. management will guide and support all team members inside the warehouse and teach all team members to become more productivity. some of my co-workers are good some is not but all of us wrere friends. hardest part of – more... the job is when you dont follow the MHE Training because it will cost an accident to yourself or to anybody and the most enjoyable part of the job is to work safely, friendly and go home by the end of the day that nothing happens to you. – less
not a good place to work
team leader/Supervisor Positions (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 18, 2013
Management is always angry and unfriendly,
Unclean, and not well managed.
a lot of issues that never get rectified
Productive but stressful
Order Picker (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 13, 2013
Pros: we had a few free lunches.
Cons: bad management
What I learned on the job is how to drive a MHE - The Crown and Raymond Centreriders. I also learned briefly, how to use an RF Scanner.
A typical day at work involved firstly, inspecting the Centrerider for damages, leaks and test driving it before actually beginning to work. Then we would grab out headsets and Vocollects, which is what gave us our – more... orders, and we would inspect those ensuring that they work. We would then hear how many orders we had for the day and we would get to work.
I think the management was unfair, biased, and stressful. There was constant stress among the faculty. There was always pressure to perform and hit the quota. The work was getting done at a good speed, but the management was always on our backs. They would pick and choose their favourites to do the "easy" jobs, which didn't actually involve any lifting of any sort. They were completely biased and unfair.
My co-workers were fun to be around. Everybody got along nicely and we all shared the same dislike for the management and their ideals.
The hardest part of the job would be dealing with the management. We already have physical stress on our bodies constantly lifting up to 50lbs for 8 hours a day and they would place a mental stress on us as well. It was not a good environment to be in.
The most enjoyable part of the job was lunch time. That was when we had our breaks and we would converse with each other and play games such as cards or dominoes. – less
productive and fun workplace
Laborer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 8, 2013
Pros: friendly work enviroment
Cons: shift work
many different job with transfer available, good work, management is very good if you meet quotas
Alot of opportunity to learn the manufacturing business
HR Recruiter, HR Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: variety of responsibilites, independent
Cons: loss of an excellent manager
Excellent opportunity to learn HR recruitment and ability to utilize a variety of skills for everyday administrative work. No day was the same and there were plenty of different responsibilities.
Fantastic overwhelming growth filled with never ending challenges and opportunities
Assistant Site Manager/Transportation Manager (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: gained vast knowledge in distribution/transportation, startups and facilities planning
Cons: relocated warehouse to cornwall
Was the WalMart expansion into Canada, worked in and developed
all aspects of transportation/distribution and warehousing.
LOVED IT
Labourer (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: free water, great christmas party and lost 30 pounds
Cons: cant think of any
Everyday walking into SCM was a whole new day. The people were great, the work was demanding. I learned a lot in the short time I worked there. I still look at a U.P.C number in a whole new way, and i use them, like when your shopping and don't know if the item is on the proper shelf, I now check the U.P.C. number. Management there was great, kind and – more... caring, always supplying us with water, and helping those who felt uncomfortable working there feel comfortable again. Hardest part of my job there was being let go without reason. – less
fun at work
Order picker/Trainer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 13, 2012
I always look forward to starting work daily because i meet good people with great personality. I always make work place fun for myself because i belive i spend more time at work with co-workers than i spend with family at home.
shift work
Loss Prevention & Safety Co-ordinator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 13, 2012
the hardest part of the job was the shift work . You body never got use to it
Review
Orderfiller (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONAugust 9, 2012
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: heavy lifting
My day consisted of order filling the customer's requests and for the most part I enjoyed working there. The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting.
Productive and Fast Paced Workplace
Product Picker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 28, 2012
Working at Supply Chain Management required manual labour and working at a fast paced to reach the daily quotas. As a product picker I had to be physically fit to pick and place product in the conveyer belts. Some products would weigh up to 50 lbs.

I would typically work 4, 10 hour days and have 3 days of which was really nice especially since it was – more... summer time when I worked at Supply Chain Management. By working at Supply Chain Management I developed the strong work ethic that I have to today. – less
Productive for company, but not for staff
Boesmanland Instap KLK (Former Employee), Brandvlei, NCApril 2, 2014
Cons: worked long hours for minimum wage
Big company in Northern Cape, but think managers should go more on management courses and know their staff.
A place of knowledge enridgement
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Manila, PhilippinesOctober 29, 2013
Pros: accepting me to work with them as a working student
Cons: immigration policies which limits my time of work
What i enjoyed most in that company is that i always learnt something new day by day and i was ready to work with them hand in hand to enhance our overall productivity. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co employees as a team and the hardest part of the job was dealing with the employees who were lazy in doing their work assignments.
Complex Management
Controller (Former Employee), Fontana, CAJuly 6, 2013
The company is young and unsustainable. The ownership is intermingled with one of its three clients. Communication is highly sensitive and complex.

Overall, I loved the work I performed for this small company that was trying to grow. The majority of the people were friendly.