Supply Chain Management Employee Reviews in Canada

Overall great company to work for!
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONApril 22, 2015
Typical day involved orderfilling product, receiving, shipping and driving forklifts (MHE).
I learned almost all the different job functions that were offered in the 8 different production departments.
Management and co-workers made the job easy to do.
The hardest part about the job was keeping up with the vast amount of changes that were made during the course of the year.
The most enjoyable part about the job was learning all that I could and the people.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, People
Cons
The many changes that occurred during my time there.
Large warehouse
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 12, 2016
There was always something new to learn, with a lot of growth opportunity. There were three different shifts so hours where very flexible
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Too much bosses
Fast paced inbound and outbound grocery warehouse
Team Member Operations & Maintenance Departments (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 24, 2015
Working at SCM on a typical day would involve solving a few problems, and thinking on your feet. Anything from overstaffed shifts with not enough machines for everyone to use, to understaffed shifts where I would be required to help in many different operations in order to meet our customers demand.

Working at SCM definitely taught me about time management, and how to efficiently and safely get my task done. Team work was an important part of completing my daily tasks as well, wether it be asking another forklift driver for some help, or working with admin to resolve an inbound freight issue.

Working in a large and fast paced environment means there are a lot of people working with you to get the job done, a normal shift had anywhere from 50-150 people working per day, With so many people working per shift, there is a great dependance on Team work in order to work safely and up to customer standards.

The hardest part of the job would have been trying to fix the inbound freight that was deemed a problem, and was un-receivable. It would require searching the computer systems to find out why and what had happened to make it a problem. The most enjoyable part of my job, was completing tasks in which other Team members had deemed the freight as a problem.
Pros
Holiday Lunches/Dinners. Quarterly Incentives
very successful place to work
Dock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONJuly 29, 2015
long hours, good management, liked that it was very fast paced, very physical job as well. great co workers, very helpful always learned new things.
Safe and produtive place work
OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 8, 2014
A lot learned and goog place work.
lot of internal posting
job serutiy and benefits
Review
Orderfiller (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONAugust 9, 2012
My day consisted of order filling the customer's requests and for the most part I enjoyed working there. The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
heavy lifting
Productive and enjoy to wrk with other people.
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 11, 2013
for doing a typical day at work. I've learned how to increase my productivity and make my numbers in safety way by the end of the day. management will guide and support all team members inside the warehouse and teach all team members to become more productivity. some of my co-workers are good some is not but all of us wrere friends. hardest part of the job is when you dont follow the MHE Training because it will cost an accident to yourself or to anybody and the most enjoyable part of the job is to work safely, friendly and go home by the end of the day that nothing happens to you.
Pros
free pizza
Cons
8 hrs - 10 hrs a day
AP and Admin Clerk (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 14, 2015
-Very enjoyable day
-Most of the hours spent in AP, so I learnt more about AP
-I honor the Management team of this company
-The first time when I started the new in-house software was little bit hard
-Friend circle or co-workers were very nice and cooperative
LOVED IT
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONSeptember 27, 2012
Everyday walking into SCM was a whole new day. The people were great, the work was demanding. I learned a lot in the short time I worked there. I still look at a U.P.C number in a whole new way, and i use them, like when your shopping and don't know if the item is on the proper shelf, I now check the U.P.C. number. Management there was great, kind and caring, always supplying us with water, and helping those who felt uncomfortable working there feel comfortable again. Hardest part of my job there was being let go without reason.
Pros
free water, great christmas party and lost 30 pounds
Cons
cant think of any
Productive and Fast Paced Workplace
Product Picker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 28, 2012
Working at Supply Chain Management required manual labour and working at a fast paced to reach the daily quotas. As a product picker I had to be physically fit to pick and place product in the conveyer belts. Some products would weigh up to 50 lbs.

I would typically work 4, 10 hour days and have 3 days of which was really nice especially since it was summer time when I worked at Supply Chain Management. By working at Supply Chain Management I developed the strong work ethic that I have to today.
Former labourer, now an Electrician. Saw the job posting for an Electrician and laughed.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 25, 2014
You could not pay me enough money to work for these clowns again. The management was superficial and manipulative. They would have these plant meetings where they pretended to address your concerns, but as soon as anything of substance was brought forward, they would shut down the employee/employees responsible. My co-workers were great, but it's hard to enjoy work in the poisonous atmosphere this company fosters. The pace of work was brutal for the money you received, and not worth it in my opinion.

Karma is a funny thing, and a former manager of mine from this godforsaken company actually ended up underneath me as an apprentice. He was scared senseless that I was going to run him through the ringer, or just plain kick his butt, because he knew what a overbearing jerk he'd been. Fortunately for him, I'm a better person than that, and to be honest, had totally forgotten about him. I tend to do that with small people. Anyway, my point here is that this clown was a classic example of the type of management material that exists at SCM. The positive reviews you see on this site are those that haven't pierced the veil yet, and trust me, it takes awhile. I enjoyed the job for awhile until I began to see the lies for what they were. Anyway, the choice is yours, but you've been warned.
Love to work with co workers and making good friends
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2014
I love to work very friendly with my co-workers and helping them in everything which i can, I learned lot of things where ever I worked, like how to work together as a team and do our best for our customers and company. I am also a Social Club and Go Green Member in my Company from which I learned a lot. I always enjoy my work, it doesn't make any difference to me where I work because I make good relationship with my co-workers.
My co-workers were great,
Reveiver (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONSeptember 18, 2014
The hours are from 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm, 5 days a week
Different data operations
Most of the management was good
Co-workers were the best part other than getting paid
physical work is very enjoyable
A+
Machine Handling Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 28, 2014
i enjoy the management and people that i work with.
i appreciate the dedication to safety that SCM upholds.
i feel valued and respected by management.
Pros
respect
Cons
tedious work
Productive but stressful
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 13, 2013
What I learned on the job is how to drive a MHE - The Crown and Raymond Centreriders. I also learned briefly, how to use an RF Scanner.
A typical day at work involved firstly, inspecting the Centrerider for damages, leaks and test driving it before actually beginning to work. Then we would grab out headsets and Vocollects, which is what gave us our orders, and we would inspect those ensuring that they work. We would then hear how many orders we had for the day and we would get to work.
I think the management was unfair, biased, and stressful. There was constant stress among the faculty. There was always pressure to perform and hit the quota. The work was getting done at a good speed, but the management was always on our backs. They would pick and choose their favourites to do the "easy" jobs, which didn't actually involve any lifting of any sort. They were completely biased and unfair.
My co-workers were fun to be around. Everybody got along nicely and we all shared the same dislike for the management and their ideals.
The hardest part of the job would be dealing with the management. We already have physical stress on our bodies constantly lifting up to 50lbs for 8 hours a day and they would place a mental stress on us as well. It was not a good environment to be in.
The most enjoyable part of the job was lunch time. That was when we had our breaks and we would converse with each other and play games such as cards or dominoes.
Pros
we had a few free lunches.
Cons
bad management
Fantastic overwhelming growth filled with never ending challenges and opportunities
Assistant Site Manager/Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONFebruary 13, 2013
Was the WalMart expansion into Canada, worked in and developed
all aspects of transportation/distribution and warehousing.
Pros
gained vast knowledge in distribution/transportation, startups and facilities planning
Cons
relocated warehouse to cornwall
Alot of opportunity to learn the manufacturing business
HR Recruiter, HR Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 27, 2013
Excellent opportunity to learn HR recruitment and ability to utilize a variety of skills for everyday administrative work. No day was the same and there were plenty of different responsibilities.
Pros
variety of responsibilites, independent
Cons
loss of an excellent manager
productive and fun workplace
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 8, 2013
many different job with transfer available, good work, management is very good if you meet quotas
Pros
friendly work enviroment
Cons
shift work
not a good place to work
team leader/Supervisor Positions (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 18, 2013
Management is always angry and unfriendly,
Unclean, and not well managed.
a lot of issues that never get rectified
fun at work
Order picker/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 13, 2012
I always look forward to starting work daily because i meet good people with great personality. I always make work place fun for myself because i belive i spend more time at work with co-workers than i spend with family at home.

Supply Chain Management Reviews by Location