Supplier Management Solutions (SMS) is a growing company in the aerospace industry and we are seeking qualified candidates that are customer service driven with a strong desire to produce quality results while helping to continue building and developing relationships with our customers and their respective suppliers. SMS is based on decades of experience in managing the aerospace supplier base to on-time delivery performance. Our sole purpose and focus is to manage our customer suppliers' part deliveries to production line or spares. SMS is capable of assuming everything from cutting purchase orders on behalf of the customer; following up on part deliveries; on-site surveillance of customer suppliers; reporting and tracking detailed milestones; and more. A combination of our proprietary CORE® System, highly skilled staff, and standard detail-driven processes makes our solution unique and brings significant results to our customers.
SMS has proven our ability to provide an exemplary service to some of the industry’s largest aerospace companies such as Northrop Grumman, Lockheed, Rolls Royce, and Goodrich, just to name a few. Our approach helps make part shortages a thing of the past, giving value to our customers.
SMS offers a competitive salary to include a comprehensive benefits package available upon completion of 90 days of employment. This is a direct hire / full-time position.
Description of Responsibilities:
- As a Delivery Assurance Specialist (DAS), you will be working as a vital link between the Prime Aerospace customers and their supplier base to track, monitor, validate, expedite and report real time part delivery status. Applicants must have solid manufacturing experience and effective interpersonal communication skills with the ability to develop strong relationships.
- Track the flow of critical/hot parts through the suppliers manufacturing shop from the raw material phase, to the manufacturing process, and onto the shipping dock.
- Create daily status reports and communicate the results with our customers, prime aerospace manufacturers, throughout the day.
- Communicate potential shipping delays including identifying root cause with suppliers on delays and establish recovery plans to bring shipments back on line through e-mail and phone communications.
- Support manufacturing shops to expedite "On Time" part deliveries to major aerospace production companies.
The ideal candidate for the expediter/Delivery Assurance Specialist will have the following:
- Five years' experience working in the aerospace manufacturing industry with a strong knowledge of the manufacturing process. Shop floor experience required for this position.
- Complex Machine Shop and subassembly knowledge/experience preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (understanding of Excel 2010 basic principles are mandatory)
- Proven communication skills
- Reliable transportation - must have current/active drivers' license
- Aerospace background REQUIRED
- Expediting/Parts Validation experience REQUIRED