Superstore Employee Reviews

Fun place, with great workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 February 2017
I absolutely loved this job, I met some amazing people working here and it was a fun environment, full of amazing and happy people. The management was great
Overall
Cashier (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 January 2017
They gave us a 10% discount and a lot of grocery stores don't do that. The management was really rude. It was a summer job so only last a could of months.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Discount
Fun place to work. Co-workers and manager all work great together. Flexibility on hours and learn how to run different kinds of cooking classes.
Part-time Cooking School Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 January 2017
Love the place, people, environment, and meeting new people. Recommend anyone interested in cooking, working with adults and kids should definitely consider applying.
Pros
learn new skills, flexible schedule, great staff, cooking, hosting parties, and meeting new people.
Cons
No fixed salary or benefits, Shifts vary from week to week and month to month, it all depends on the amount of bookings and scheduled classes.
Only there for a short time.
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB6 December 2016
Wasn't around long enough to see much. No complaints when I was an employee for superstore. They did offer fairly good benefits
The place was great but...
Part-time employee (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 November 2016
Superstore was a real life changing place for me. Other then bad a bad manager the place was really great. The colleagues were nice and the work wasn't to strenuous. Overall nice place. Enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Free lunches, great friends and co-workers
Cons
Long days under horrible management.
Great part time job
Dairy Replenishment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 September 2016
Great part time job to start out with, had friendly coworkers and managers. Usually very busy with lots of tasks to complete, but time flew by. Also appreciated how flexible the hours were.
Productive workplace bosses open to ideas
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK27 September 2016
Bring out jacks and pallets, work spread stock
I learned to speak your mind, work hard get the job done
Management is fair and can usually work around conflict in schedules
You get to meet co-workers from all over the world, and learn a little of their languages and customs
The best part of the job is everyone working hard for a common goal of making the store a great place for our employees and customers
Pros
There are many benefits and chances at moving into different departments
Cons
No healthy snacks in the break room
fun place to work
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON20 September 2016
excellent staff and great work environment, work load wasn't too much to handle and a very accepting environment to be in. Managers were very good and handled things well, didnt loose temper easily
video games loud music
produce (Former Employee) –  215 st annes rd13 September 2016
i would come in to work first off. I would sign in then i either went to my manager to see what i had to do that day or there was a list of things to do at night. some of the managers were better then others. same with the coworkers some were cool others not so much. the hardest part would have to be the condencing some days it was a total nightmare. the most enjoyable part would be the slower days.
Pros
free food
Cons
really busy at times
Workplace environment
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2016
As a former employee I loved the workplace environment. The workers would help each other in need. The manager of the Bakery unit is very understanding. Working there was great, working among customers was the best part of the job.
Meeting customers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 August 2016
The most enjoyable part of the cashier job is to meet customers as i like to interact with different types of people from diverse culture and get lots of information on.
Cons
nothing
good work environment
Replenishment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB23 August 2016
Awesome team of coworkers, good supervisor.
Management and coworkers were awesome, really enjoyed going to work.
I learned the ropes fast by asking a lot of questions when I started and during my training. I was eager to learn.
Hardest part of the job was getting use to working nights regularly. Although I did enjoy working nights because I didnt have to deal with customers. I was able to do my job while listening to my ipod, which made the shifts go by fast.
Pros
Get to listen to music while your working
Cons
night shifts
Productive and fun
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB13 August 2016
Excelent first job. Made many friends and had good times. Great managers and great workes. Managers are very understanding about needing more hours or needing time off!
Pros
Very adjustable hours
Fun working
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB30 July 2016
I live all the staff friendly and helpful I love working with other people with different attitude I love my job in this store no complain at all helping people with different ages
Pros
With benifit
Cons
Choose my working time
Nice break room
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 July 2016
Employers were very unprofessional but the employees were wonderful. They had free lunches and breakfasts once and awhile which was nice but the hours were not guaranteed which was not told at interview.
So positive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC5 July 2016
Colleges were enjoyable to work with and my boss was so understanding and super sweet. Regular customers were a blast to serve. everything is amazing, and the environment was always positive and upbeat.
Good for Highschool Kids
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC25 June 2016
Very boring work. Good for High school kids to make money in the summer. full-time wasn't offered when I worked. Salary is low but there is a union and benefits.
Awesome
Grocery Stocker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 June 2016
I love it best superstore every free lunch free food ice cream all the time and your always working and having fun with the managers it was the best place IT 2 WAS LIT
Pros
FREE FOOD
i worked
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 June 2016
it was a good start to earn money for furthering goals into taking the courses i needed to become a security gaurd. my co-workers where kind and always ready to help
Pros
relaxed
Cons
rush hour
A safe environment to work in.
Seafood Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON14 June 2016
The Real Canadian Superstore is a very safe and reasonable place to work, the management is excellent and help you in any way they can.
Pros
Great staff, Great management
Cons
part time salery