Superstore Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Place to Work
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJune 23, 2015
Pros: Treats on special ocassions
Cons: Supervisors
Well it is really fun everyone is nice and very friendly plus helpful but you have those managers that are nice but some are just plain rude.
work
Superstore, Cashier (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABJune 22, 2015
every coworker like to work with me
i am punctual
i work there as a cashier
coworker are so nice
i know every thing about job my responsibilities
Hectic and wholly satisfying
Front End Supervisor / Asst. Front End Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 9, 2015
Pros: Staff discount
Cons: More grey hairs at the end of each shift
I started off as a cashier but was asked shortly after my probation ended to become one of the front end supervisors. It was demanding, extremely fast-paced, and involved an excess of multitasking to meet the demands of customers in addition to overseeing an average of 15 cashiers, tending to scheduling hiccups such as call-ins, as well as dealing with the cash office over the course of the evening. While it was stressful, it was busy and incredibly rewarding. We maintained a great team of managers, supervisors and cashiers, enabling us to get through incidents as smoothly as possible.
Superstore
Cashier (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJune 4, 2015
Pros: Benifits and Union
Cons: Standing for so long at the till
When I got to work I would open my till and start scanning the customers items. While I was working there I learned how to do cashout because it is done differently at a lot of places. The management there where really nice and were very helpfull when they were needed. I didnt really get to know many of my co workers there because we were all at our separate tills and our breaks were alternated but when I did get to talk to them they were nice. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers that thought something was on sale when it wasnt, but we had people we would call to double check and make sure and get it all figured out. the thing I liked most about working there was that is was union and we had benifits having all that was very helpfull.
Work
Cashier (Current Employee), Winnipeg,MBMay 15, 2015
Its a normal day at work when you check in ad get assigned to your lane and youre mostly ringing things through. as a new emplyee, you have experienced people around that can always help you when youre lost on what to do.
Labels Retail Sales REP
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 11, 2015
Pros: 1hr lunch break
Cons: Not well organzied Stored closed down
•Helped customers and was in charge of exchanges and returns

•Listened to customers complaints and helped to eliminate their concerns
Enjoyable work environment
Joe Aparell Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 30, 2015
Superstore was a great place to work with great benefits. Customers were very kind and always took everything we did for them into consideration. Benefits from superstore were also very great!
Good Place to Work
GM Replenishment (Current Employee), Spruce Grove, ABApril 30, 2015
Friendly staff, caring managers, good wage. The hardest part of the job is the occasional upset customer getting mad at your for something that is not your fault. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that i work with.
their alright, some managers priorities might be off
general services (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 18, 2015
Pros: its work
Cons: not the greatest hours
its a decent place to work, ncie people, but hours are horribly managed, and the higher ups that the store managers answer make the weirdest decisions, with the bare minimum thought. but tis a decent store to shop at, and my co-works were all decent, a couple i'm still actively in contact with.
excellent place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 24, 2015
Pros: great employees
Cons: long hours
i truly believe i had a great experience working for superstore and would recommend it to any of my friends and family.
great place to work
great employees great management
Front end cashier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 2, 2015
Employees are treated fairly and find themselves in a workplace where they are never bored. There are times when customers take their anger out on the cashiers but patience plays a big role throughout the cashiers time there.
It was a joy to work there
host parties for kids (Former Employee), Riverview, NBJanuary 31, 2015
For me it was my first job yes I was nervous walking in on my first on JOB but I met a lot of cool people . and my friend Madison was there for me. she was one of my good friends working there . and we always had great time . but what I really learned was . when that nervousness goes away. you will be fine you will make friends and new co-workers u may have the not so good job or the best job

My favorite part of the job was helping kids at Christmas decorate there gingerbread houses we did gingerbread houses and decorated them all sorts of cool ways
Good Job, Horrible Management
Assistant Department Manager In-Training (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABJanuary 26, 2015
I loved working in the seafood department.
I learned a lot about food prep and safety, a lot about seafood in general.
I honestly think most the higher up Management were stuck up and did not care to hear from their employees. They did not want to be interrupted even though it was their job. I got in trouble for calling a manager as requested by a costumer, I got in trouble for reporting a safety hazard that later got me injured.
The hardest part of my job was cleaning out the freezer and cooler but at the same time it was an adventure.
I enjoyed everything about my time working here except my experience with management.
very fast pace work and very healthy social place with very nice worker
Stocker (Former Employee), Truro, NSJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: hour lunches, and 10 minute breaks
Cons: long hours, but arn't bad
working there for work placement taught me alot in that time, stocking wasn't even hard , i liked it ,the costomers were easy on you , and polite , the workers there are polite , days went on fast
the hardest part about the job is when other people give you there work onto of yours that they didn't even finish , and you have to finish all of it before you day is over , the most enjoyab;e part is it was easy and working alone apart of the day was good for me
Good work atmosphere , was a good place to work during high school
Meat Clerk (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 24, 2014
Pros: flexible and good people
Cons: lack of hours
A typical day at work would consist of me packaging and stocking products. I get along with my co-workers and my managers. The hardest part is getting sufficient hours. I enjoy helping customers and making them feel happy.
Good enviroment for students
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee), Regina, SKOctober 14, 2014
Pros: near home
It was really a good experience for me to work at Superstore. It is a good enviroment for students.
fast environment
grocery staff (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 14, 2014
Pros: discount cards for staff
Cons: flexible hours
good work place. need speed and physical movement.some time work is hard and some time it is very easy.
Not so good wage
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 25, 2014
I enjoyed working in the pharmacy here. The pay wasn't that great and if you don't like your team it makes for squishy long days.
Love it here
Cashier/Supervisor (Current Employee), Cole Harbour, NSSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough hours
i learned on how to become a leader and managment is awesome and wouldnt ask for better people to learn from and co workers are awesome
good workplace
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Campbell River, BCSeptember 18, 2014
I could have been trained more off the start

typical day at work involves me putting out stock, trimming lettuce, and assisting customers