Superstore Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun but long hours
Stocking (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABApril 5, 2016
I am a part time worker here, and we have long hours. I have had to learn all of the Aisles. Each night I am placed into a different aisle. I have had to learn to adapt and go with it. The management could be better, but the crew is awesome.
Pros
Great crew, benefits
Cons
Long hours, night shift
fairly decent rate of pay and relaxed work environment
File Maintenance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 20, 2016
considering being paid $13.50 to start and and extra hour if overtime worked the rate of pay and hours are pretty decent and the type of work is really simple, after printing off labels and re-adjusting product codes, simply just change the tags on shelves and done.
Pros
respectable rate of pay and union benefits
Cons
having to work hours that end in early morning
workplace
Organizer (Current Employee) –  London, ONDecember 23, 2015
Arrive at work on time and follow directions on managing workplace. Make sure workplace is clean and organized. an like to be working in a superstore to be collect stuff on shelfs.
Pros
salary
Cons
8 hours a week
great place to work with great people !
Customer service (Former Employee) –  CalgaryOctober 21, 2015
being able to work with people in your age group and out of your age group really benefits you because you learn all sorts of things for everyone
Pros
fun time everytime
Superstore
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJune 4, 2015
When I got to work I would open my till and start scanning the customers items. While I was working there I learned how to do cashout because it is done differently at a lot of places. The management there where really nice and were very helpfull when they were needed. I didnt really get to know many of my co workers there because we were all at our separate tills and our breaks were alternated but when I did get to talk to them they were nice. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers that thought something was on sale when it wasnt, but we had people we would call to double check and make sure and get it all figured out. the thing I liked most about working there was that is was union and we had benifits having all that was very helpfull.
Pros
Benifits and Union
Cons
Standing for so long at the till
Very fast paced work environment
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONMarch 26, 2016
Typical day would be cleaning, setting and prepping food, filling out orders for customers, and much more. I learned how to stay organized and calm in a rush and to work independently. The hardest part of the job was the the indecision of the owner who would constantly push his responsibilities onto others.
Pros
The relationships built with co-workers
Flexible, customer-service orientated environment
Natural Value Clerk/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBJanuary 27, 2016
Friendly, customer-service orientated grocery store. Located in the middle of Fredericton, it was easily one of the busiest grocery stores in town.

A typical day at work consisted of refiling the shelves with product, assisting customers with any questions or concerns, and receiving shipment orders. Later on, my duties expanded to operating the forklift, checking the inventory, assigning duties to the evening staff and, making the orders for stock needed. When hours became short I went to work in other sections such as Grocery, GM and, children's birthday parties in the cooking room.

Co-workers were generally friendly and helpful and, management was flexible and agreeable to most situations. Customers were rarely rude and, genuinely appreciated being helped. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing the list of objectives for the day without having to pass it on to the evening shift.
Comfortable clean environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ONFebruary 8, 2016
I wouldn't know how great of a place it is because I have only worked there for a couple of weeks.
-get to work, clock in, put your belongings in a locker.
- customer service supervisors would tell you what station you're working at
-complete your hours. Depending on how long your shift is so 6 hour shift you have 2 15 minute break
Pros
appropriate break times
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BCMarch 3, 2016
co workers where nice and enjoyable
like to work long hours and like to go in when I was needed when I worked at superstore I just miss working now need a job to keep busy and look after my son miss working life need too keep moving my feet and love working with others at a job site
Cons
Productive workplace and are able to keep my busy during the whole shift.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, BCMarch 22, 2016
I am NOT doing the same as my trade requires but am enjoying working with the people I am working and communicating with as well.
PLEASE see cover letter with resume and referances as needed.
Pros
Very friendly people as workmates
Cons
LOW on amount of weekly work hours
Very good team work with friendly people
Backery (Bag stuffer) (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NBMay 7, 2016
I learned how to bag pastries very quickly and also how to turn all the merchandise labels to me very quickly. Everyone was very nice to me and didn't seemed bothered that a new person was volunteering there during their work.
Pros
getting to help people
Cons
nothing
Fun working
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, ABJuly 30, 2016
I live all the staff friendly and helpful I love working with other people with different attitude I love my job in this store no complain at all helping people with different ages
Pros
With benifit
Cons
Choose my working time
Nice break room
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 27, 2016
Employers were very unprofessional but the employees were wonderful. They had free lunches and breakfasts once and awhile which was nice but the hours were not guaranteed which was not told at interview.
So positive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BCJuly 5, 2016
Colleges were enjoyable to work with and my boss was so understanding and super sweet. Regular customers were a blast to serve. everything is amazing, and the environment was always positive and upbeat.
n/a
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ONNovember 18, 2015
Superstore is a good place to work. A day consist of baking, tray up (getting the bake ready for the next day), packaging, putting out stock and helping customers find products or slicing bread for them. I learned how to bake, package various buns and sweet goods, how to decorate cakes. for the most part management is very easy to talk to and is on top of everything. Most of my co-workers are great people. the hardest part of the job is being treated like a second class citizen by some customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the smiling faces of all the children that come for their free cookie!
Pros
Rose's staff lunches!
A safe environment to work in.
Seafood Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONJune 14, 2016
The Real Canadian Superstore is a very safe and reasonable place to work, the management is excellent and help you in any way they can.
Pros
Great staff, Great management
Cons
part time salery
Good for Highschool Kids
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJune 25, 2016
Very boring work. Good for High school kids to make money in the summer. full-time wasn't offered when I worked. Salary is low but there is a union and benefits.
Awesome
Grocery Stocker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 21, 2016
I love it best superstore every free lunch free food ice cream all the time and your always working and having fun with the managers it was the best place IT 2 WAS LIT
Pros
FREE FOOD
Productive and fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 10, 2016
Superstore had a very positive environment and the managers and workers were incredibly helpful and friendly. Everyone was approachable and management ensured that the work provided was within reason.
i worked
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 14, 2016
it was a good start to earn money for furthering goals into taking the courses i needed to become a security gaurd. my co-workers where kind and always ready to help
Pros
relaxed
Cons
rush hour