Superstore Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
great place to work
Stocking Clerk, (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 13, 2016
Pros: many opportunities advance within the company
Cons: not enough hrs
night crew was very helpful.always willing to help out.love working night shift.the staff was very friendly.the job was fun to do .like satisfying the customers needs
Productive and fun workplace
Lower Sackville - Cashier (Current Employee), Sackville, NsApril 9, 2016
Pros: Free food in break room
Cons: Legs get tired
A typical day at work is really fun, everyone is so nice and welcoming. i learned how to interact with customers, and how to provide people information.
Fun but long hours
Stocking (Current Employee), Spruce Grove, ABApril 5, 2016
Pros: Great crew, benefits
Cons: Long hours, night shift
I am a part time worker here, and we have long hours. I have had to learn all of the Aisles. Each night I am placed into a different aisle. I have had to learn to adapt and go with it. The management could be better, but the crew is awesome.
Very fast paced work environment
Teacher (Current Employee), Oakville, ONMarch 26, 2016
Pros: The relationships built with co-workers
Cons: Long hours
Typical day would be cleaning, setting and prepping food, filling out orders for customers, and much more. I learned how to stay organized and calm in a rush and to work independently. The hardest part of the job was the the indecision of the owner who would constantly push his responsibilities onto others.
Productive workplace and are able to keep my busy during the whole shift.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Cranbrook, BCMarch 22, 2016
Pros: Very friendly people as workmates
Cons: LOW on amount of weekly work hours
I am NOT doing the same as my trade requires but am enjoying working with the people I am working and communicating with as well.
PLEASE see cover letter with resume and referances as needed.
nice
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 22, 2016
Good atmosphere
Good customer service
Good teamwork
Flexible
I learned how to use a cash register and perform high volumes of cash transactions
enjoyable, workplace staff & customers ..
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 18, 2016
Pros: pc points.. some free lunches
Cons: could use more hours
a typical day can range from moderatly busy to fast paced.. i have learned to be fast & courtiace with 25 years of experience working with public
Good enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Penticton, BCMarch 12, 2016
All the employees and management are very friendly and inviting. A friendly place to work that you could settle into quite easily.
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Duncan, BCMarch 3, 2016
Cons: 8
co workers where nice and enjoyable
like to work long hours and like to go in when I was needed when I worked at superstore I just miss working now need a job to keep busy and look after my son miss working life need too keep moving my feet and love working with others at a job site
productive
replenishment clerk at SUPERSTORE (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 17, 2016
superstore is a place to learn and earn in a friendly and growing area where one come to know about Canadian norms and culture.
always on the go.
clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: break time.
Cons: standing long periods of time.
go in to work in the morning and go the computer and get every departments inventory check and then hand out the papers to them. then i go and find the price changes and change the prices of items. then i get planograms and reorganize shelves according to the planograms.
Comfortable clean environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Aurora, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: appropriate break times
Cons: long hours
I wouldn't know how great of a place it is because I have only worked there for a couple of weeks.
-get to work, clock in, put your belongings in a locker.
- customer service supervisors would tell you what station you're working at
-complete your hours. Depending on how long your shift is so 6 hour shift you have 2 15 minute break
fun place to work
Part time Groccery clerk (Current Employee), Milton, ONJanuary 28, 2016
i love working there. it was fun and enjoying. people are really nice. it was a good enviroment. i made alot of freinds. I used to help people find stuff, plus i use to work the skids and promocarts. a normal day was pretty busy.
Flexible, customer-service orientated environment
Natural Value Clerk/Supervisor (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBJanuary 27, 2016
Friendly, customer-service orientated grocery store. Located in the middle of Fredericton, it was easily one of the busiest grocery stores in town.

A typical day at work consisted of refiling the shelves with product, assisting customers with any questions or concerns, and receiving shipment orders. Later on, my duties expanded to operating the forklift, checking the inventory, assigning duties to the evening staff and, making the orders for stock needed. When hours became short I went to work in other sections such as Grocery, GM and, children's birthday parties in the cooking room.

Co-workers were generally friendly and helpful and, management was flexible and agreeable to most situations. Customers were rarely rude and, genuinely appreciated being helped. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing the list of objectives for the day without having to pass it on to the evening shift.
fairly decent rate of pay and relaxed work environment
File Maintenance Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: respectable rate of pay and union benefits
Cons: having to work hours that end in early morning
considering being paid $13.50 to start and and extra hour if overtime worked the rate of pay and hours are pretty decent and the type of work is really simple, after printing off labels and re-adjusting product codes, simply just change the tags on shelves and done.
workplace
Organizer (Current Employee), London, ONDecember 23, 2015
Pros: salary
Cons: 8 hours a week
Arrive at work on time and follow directions on managing workplace. Make sure workplace is clean and organized. an like to be working in a superstore to be collect stuff on shelfs.
Flexible schedules and friendly environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 28, 2015
Flexible schedules and friendly environment
Really hard working and positive co-workers
Dealing with customers was the best yet the hardest part
Some days very busy, have to be quick to help people and get work done.
Cashier (Current Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 18, 2015
Pros: You are always meeting new people and learning things from them.
Cons: It is all part-time.
You are always learning new things about the place. I enjoy talking and helping our regular customers. Most employees are part-time. Your schedules changes every week.
n/a
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee), Leamington, ONNovember 18, 2015
Pros: Rose's staff lunches!
Superstore is a good place to work. A day consist of baking, tray up (getting the bake ready for the next day), packaging, putting out stock and helping customers find products or slicing bread for them. I learned how to bake, package various buns and sweet goods, how to decorate cakes. for the most part management is very easy to talk to and is on top of everything. Most of my co-workers are great people. the hardest part of the job is being treated like a second class citizen by some customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the smiling faces of all the children that come for their free cookie!
Fun work enviroment
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 3, 2015
Pros: Free food in the breakroom
Cons: Getting 10 hours a week
Fun work environment with great co-workers working at superstore taught me how to deal with different needs of customers and better time management. The best part of working at superstore was working with my colleagues who were both helpful and supportive. As time went on with time cuts It ended that i wasn't getting enough hours