Superstore Employee Reviews

good place for work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK9 May 2017
learn better skills how we can work in a team another thing to help customer to find things if they any difficulty about pricing moreover i a we can respect our teammates
Nights place to be
Night shift Reciever (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 May 2017
Worked night shift as receiver/stocker. Great crew to work with. Truck drivers were the only issue at times. Nothing was overly bad working was straight forward. Did not have to deal with management to much
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB1 May 2017
Fast paced job that taught me how to learn work in retail and give good customer service. The job involved me stocking shelves, moving boxes, scanning items and deciding what products should be put on the floor.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short shifts
best
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 April 2017
i like this postion i love this postion i work their somany people know me now due to superstore that mean it help me to getting exposure with people
Pros
helpful, understand feeling
Cons
no any cons
Productive, Fast-paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 March 2017
I learned to work fast and efficiently, while maintaining knowledge of the latest products. I handled customer complaints and requests in a professional manner. I worked within a team or independently with minimal supervision. I made sure the store cash financials balanced and paperwork were in place every night. A typical day at work involved me being on retail, going for my 15 minute break and continuing retail or doing put-aways. I enjoyed the structure of my shift, however: I did wish for more interaction between co-workers to gain feelings of closeness, enjoyment, motivation, improvement and to make work feel less like work. Overall, I learned a lot and gained many skills while working at Superstore.
Pros
Holidays were celebrated during breaks in the Lunch room, professional, and good benefits.
Cons
Short hours, short breaks, not enough interactions between co-workers.
Busy Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2017
Superstore I had worked for was a very busy environment and catered to a lot of ethnic foods due to the majority were of another race.I went to school
Pros
Employee's were friendly
Cons
Customer's were hard to deqal with.
Fantastic Job
Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB19 March 2017
This is definitely a job for me. Very fast paced, heavy lifting, and team cooperation is required. A day at work includes picking groceries and bringing them out to the customers car. I've learned more about customer service, and managing a till. I've also been able to learn about produce, what is good for the customer and what is not. Time management has a huge part in Click and Collect. The hardest part of this job is when my manager puts one of us on alone, because it is extremely hard to do anything in that department alone. But the most enjoyable part is that we never stop moving, and are always busy.
Pros
The job itself
Cons
Management, being alone
Fun-loving work environment with excellent staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 March 2017
Busy flow- always something to do, people that excell at at customer service and go above and beyond to make the customer happy. I'd strongly reccommend this as a good place to work.
Good level part time job
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB9 March 2017
I liked it there at first, but as time went on there was a few cutbacks to the job, overall the store is fantastic but some of the management and work/life balance is not good at all
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Physical, not many breaks
Great workplace and friendly people
Replenishment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB8 March 2017
Four to eight hour shifts.
Colleagues are helpful.
Hardest part of the job is remembering where products are. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people and helping customers find what they need.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Can be boring
Very supportive management team
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 February 2017
A great place to work. Flexible hours and room for advancement. Management worked with your schedule and allowed extra shift to employees wanting a few extra hours,
Pros
It's a great store, able to shop when finished shift.
Cons
Union took a very large percentage of pay.
Fun place, with great workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 February 2017
I absolutely loved this job, I met some amazing people working here and it was a fun environment, full of amazing and happy people. The management was great
Overall
Cashier (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 January 2017
They gave us a 10% discount and a lot of grocery stores don't do that. The management was really rude. It was a summer job so only last a could of months.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Discount
Fun place to work. Co-workers and manager all work great together. Flexibility on hours and learn how to run different kinds of cooking classes.
Part-time Cooking School Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 January 2017
Love the place, people, environment, and meeting new people. Recommend anyone interested in cooking, working with adults and kids should definitely consider applying.
Pros
learn new skills, flexible schedule, great staff, cooking, hosting parties, and meeting new people.
Cons
No fixed salary or benefits, Shifts vary from week to week and month to month, it all depends on the amount of bookings and scheduled classes.
Only there for a short time.
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB6 December 2016
Wasn't around long enough to see much. No complaints when I was an employee for superstore. They did offer fairly good benefits
The place was great but...
Part-time employee (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 November 2016
Superstore was a real life changing place for me. Other then bad a bad manager the place was really great. The colleagues were nice and the work wasn't to strenuous. Overall nice place. Enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Free lunches, great friends and co-workers
Cons
Long days under horrible management.
Great part time job
Dairy Replenishment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 September 2016
Great part time job to start out with, had friendly coworkers and managers. Usually very busy with lots of tasks to complete, but time flew by. Also appreciated how flexible the hours were.
Productive workplace bosses open to ideas
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK27 September 2016
Bring out jacks and pallets, work spread stock
I learned to speak your mind, work hard get the job done
Management is fair and can usually work around conflict in schedules
You get to meet co-workers from all over the world, and learn a little of their languages and customs
The best part of the job is everyone working hard for a common goal of making the store a great place for our employees and customers
Pros
There are many benefits and chances at moving into different departments
Cons
No healthy snacks in the break room
fun place to work
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON20 September 2016
excellent staff and great work environment, work load wasn't too much to handle and a very accepting environment to be in. Managers were very good and handled things well, didnt loose temper easily
video games loud music
produce (Former Employee) –  215 st annes rd13 September 2016
i would come in to work first off. I would sign in then i either went to my manager to see what i had to do that day or there was a list of things to do at night. some of the managers were better then others. same with the coworkers some were cool others not so much. the hardest part would have to be the condencing some days it was a total nightmare. the most enjoyable part would be the slower days.
Pros
free food
Cons
really busy at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superstore. Our community is ready to answer.