Superstore Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Flexible, customer-service orientated environment
Natural Value Clerk/Supervisor (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBJanuary 27, 2016
Friendly, customer-service orientated grocery store. Located in the middle of Fredericton, it was easily one of the busiest grocery stores in town.

A typical day at work consisted of refiling the shelves with product, assisting customers with any questions or concerns, and receiving shipment orders. Later on, my duties expanded to operating the forklift, checking the inventory, assigning duties to the evening staff and, making the orders for stock needed. When hours became short I went to work in other sections such as Grocery, GM and, children's birthday parties in the cooking room.

Co-workers were generally friendly and helpful and, management was flexible and agreeable to most situations. Customers were rarely rude and, genuinely appreciated being helped. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing the list of objectives for the day without having to pass it on to the evening shift.
fairly decent rate of pay and relaxed work environment
File Maintenance Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: respectable rate of pay and union benefits
Cons: having to work hours that end in early morning
considering being paid $13.50 to start and and extra hour if overtime worked the rate of pay and hours are pretty decent and the type of work is really simple, after printing off labels and re-adjusting product codes, simply just change the tags on shelves and done.
workplace
Organizer (Current Employee), London, ONDecember 23, 2015
Pros: salary
Cons: 8 hours a week
Arrive at work on time and follow directions on managing workplace. Make sure workplace is clean and organized. an like to be working in a superstore to be collect stuff on shelfs.
Flexible schedules and friendly environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 28, 2015
Flexible schedules and friendly environment
Really hard working and positive co-workers
Dealing with customers was the best yet the hardest part
Some days very busy, have to be quick to help people and get work done.
Cashier (Current Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 18, 2015
Pros: You are always meeting new people and learning things from them.
Cons: It is all part-time.
You are always learning new things about the place. I enjoy talking and helping our regular customers. Most employees are part-time. Your schedules changes every week.
n/a
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee), Leamington, ONNovember 18, 2015
Pros: Rose's staff lunches!
Superstore is a good place to work. A day consist of baking, tray up (getting the bake ready for the next day), packaging, putting out stock and helping customers find products or slicing bread for them. I learned how to bake, package various buns and sweet goods, how to decorate cakes. for the most part management is very easy to talk to and is on top of everything. Most of my co-workers are great people. the hardest part of the job is being treated like a second class citizen by some customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the smiling faces of all the children that come for their free cookie!
Fun work enviroment
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 3, 2015
Pros: Free food in the breakroom
Cons: Getting 10 hours a week
Fun work environment with great co-workers working at superstore taught me how to deal with different needs of customers and better time management. The best part of working at superstore was working with my colleagues who were both helpful and supportive. As time went on with time cuts It ended that i wasn't getting enough hours
Well ran department with excellent team work
Meat Clerk (Current Employee), London, ONOctober 30, 2015
A well ran department with excellent and knowledgeable staff. Working in this department trains you well on how to work independently and on a team.
a good starting job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Camrose, ABOctober 25, 2015
Pros: was employed
Cons: dealt with obnoxious customers and management
good for students looking for part time work. 10% employee discount with employment. several different departments you could work if one did not work with you
great place to work with great people !
Customer service (Former Employee), CalgaryOctober 21, 2015
Pros: fun time everytime
Cons: long hours
being able to work with people in your age group and out of your age group really benefits you because you learn all sorts of things for everyone
Slow work place great people
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABSeptember 25, 2015
Being at superstore we have many slow periods but up at front end we always have something to do or someone to kinda pass the time with management is very all over the place
fun and friendly
Collegue (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 14, 2015
Pros: company lunches
Cons: only part time
Co-workers were very fun and friendly. Even in other departments. sometimes the Deli would get busy when you were alone most customers would be patient if they had to wait. loved my manager and even befriended store manager.
None Friendly
PI Assistant (Current Employee), Newton, BCSeptember 10, 2015
I didn't like working there I felt mistreated. The pay was okay but the supervisors there dont treat their employees with respect and care.
Superstore
Cashier (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONSeptember 3, 2015
Overall I enjoy working at Superstore, the people I work with are amazing and everyone gets along really good. Depending on where you work the work hours are limited.
Not a fun place to work
PI/CAO (Current Employee), Vernon, B.CAugust 22, 2015
I have worked for Superstore for just over 10 years and I can honestly say that it is a terrible place to work. They do not treat you with respect at all and hire one person to do the job of three people. My hours change every week and I can go from doing graveyards one week and then back to days the next, as well as both in the same week.
Good Place to Work
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJune 23, 2015
Pros: Treats on special ocassions
Cons: Supervisors
Well it is really fun everyone is nice and very friendly plus helpful but you have those managers that are nice but some are just plain rude.
work
Superstore, Cashier (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABJune 22, 2015
every coworker like to work with me
i am punctual
i work there as a cashier
coworker are so nice
i know every thing about job my responsibilities
Hectic and wholly satisfying
Front End Supervisor / Asst. Front End Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 9, 2015
Pros: Staff discount
Cons: More grey hairs at the end of each shift
I started off as a cashier but was asked shortly after my probation ended to become one of the front end supervisors. It was demanding, extremely fast-paced, and involved an excess of multitasking to meet the demands of customers in addition to overseeing an average of 15 cashiers, tending to scheduling hiccups such as call-ins, as well as dealing with the cash office over the course of the evening. While it was stressful, it was busy and incredibly rewarding. We maintained a great team of managers, supervisors and cashiers, enabling us to get through incidents as smoothly as possible.
Superstore
Cashier (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJune 4, 2015
Pros: Benifits and Union
Cons: Standing for so long at the till
When I got to work I would open my till and start scanning the customers items. While I was working there I learned how to do cashout because it is done differently at a lot of places. The management there where really nice and were very helpfull when they were needed. I didnt really get to know many of my co workers there because we were all at our separate tills and our breaks were alternated but when I did get to talk to them they were nice. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers that thought something was on sale when it wasnt, but we had people we would call to double check and make sure and get it all figured out. the thing I liked most about working there was that is was union and we had benifits having all that was very helpfull.
Work
Cashier (Current Employee), Winnipeg,MBMay 15, 2015
Its a normal day at work when you check in ad get assigned to your lane and youre mostly ringing things through. as a new emplyee, you have experienced people around that can always help you when youre lost on what to do.