Superstore

Superstore Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Busy, constantly changing.
Leisure Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 7, 2014
Was not a very good place to work at the time. There was too much internal politics going on and too much focus on covering your own butt.
This job was fun
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee), Spruce Grove, ABJuly 3, 2014
I worked the night shift filling shelves it was very interesting and fun the hardest part off the job was getting used to the hours. I learned how to stock shelves.
Superstore is a good place to work,however some of the staff are alittle judgemental.I would suggest not making friends and just get the job done.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Prince Albert, SKMay 12, 2014
Pros: night staff was great, most of the management were great and most of my co workers were great.
Cons: not everyone is friendly and couldnt help but feel out of place there
There definately is no time to play.I did not feel very comfortable there at all.Some of staff made me feel so little that it became much too stressful for me in the end.Other then that the pay was good,the night staff were friendly and it kept me busy.
Great people to work with and great benefits
Superstore (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 3, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: retail hours
Mostly day shifts included reviewing emails, reports, messages, CCTV coverage, professional conferencing, and checking in with store management. The environment is comfortable and the people are mostly accepting providing you know what you are doing and are consistent. They can be very strong allies to prevent theft. The hardest part of the job was – more... working retail hours, as well as, catching those slippery professional thieves. However, the most enjoyable aspect was working within a small group of professionals who were able to support, train, and aid when necessary.
The best part of my job was ability to take off necessary time and the benefits. – less
Good
Deli Department (Former Employee), Prince George, BCMarch 28, 2014
nice place to work. good management. nice coworkers. fair opportunity for advancement
Fun
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 25, 2014
worked through christmas season kept busy and saw new products come in. met new people and co-workers.
superstore
Price Changer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 6, 2014
I worked overnights just doing the price changes for the department. It was an easy job but grew unbearable as management kept throwing more and more stuff on a person they scheduled for 4 hours.
Working at SuperStore
Clothing Associate (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABFebruary 17, 2014
I would work the cash register and hang up clothes. They hired me right before Christmas and it was busy
Worked as a Courtesy Clerk. The work environment was not easy.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Prince Albert, SKFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: meetings the customes' needs
Cons: lifting heavy salt bags for clients.
Working as a Courtesy Clerk was difficult for me because I did various tasks including helping customers find items, and getting boxes for them at the back of the store.
The management staff, my supervisor, was easy to talk with and was pleasant.
The hardest part was lifting up heavy salt bags for the clients to their cars.
The most enjoyable part of – more... the job was looking for items for clients. – less
Fun and productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSJanuary 25, 2014
Stocking shelves with stock making sure the customers have found everything they were looking for and if not I would assist them in finding what they need. Also, bringing in the carts from outside.
Productive and Fast paced Job at Superstore
Apparel (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 18, 2014
A typical day at work would be coming in early the morning to cash in, once that is done I would tidy the area which includes sweeping. Once more customers would arrive I would try to assist and help them with their needs. I learned how to deal with all kinds of customers and how to work at the till. The management was great and I worked great with – more... my co-workers by always helping each other out. The hardest part of the job was working in the back unpacking new arrivals and organizing the clothing for display. The most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying customers and to give them the best shopping experience at Superstore. – less
Over all great place to work, lots of hours given and flexible schedule.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 13, 2013
Pros: fast pace, nice people, 10% discount after 6 months.
Cons: late hours, lots of things to remember.
A typical day at work would be busy! As it is always busy at Superstore. I learned how to be quick with my hands and mind as I had to memorize a lot of codes. Management is great! Everyone is very nice and friendly. My co- workers are awesome, it was very easy to make new friends there. The hardest part of the job is having to recognize and know foreign – more... produce and the most enjoyable part of the job is that my shifts go by really fast because its always so busy. – less
learned lots at this job
produce clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 12, 2013
night shift but even though the hours of work per week got less and less, I still learned a lot from this job. If the hours per week were more, I would work there again.
preductive place easy people to work for and with.
HMR clerk (Former Employee), Summerside, PENovember 4, 2013
Pros: wonderful people to work with, verry good benifits, there is a discont card for all employees that are employeed for a certian date of time.
Cons: not gaurenteed 40 hours a week
I learned how to operate high pressure hoses , review of typical WHIMIS procedures , cross contamination's between chemicals as well as food. The hardest part of the day would be the clean up.
comfortable place to work
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 2, 2013
Pros: kob stability
Cons: standing in one place for up to 9 hours.
I worked here when i was attending school,they worked around my hours and it worked for me for a long time.
I met lots of people working there.
good first job
ELECTRONICS (Former Employee), Spruce Grove, ABOctober 2, 2013
wage good
co-workers are nice
very large company good opportunity for advancement
management is not bad but not great
busy atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee), Brandon, MBSeptember 5, 2013
Cons: cut off people who have good work experience, but have a criminal record, and have to pass a test to be allowed to work.
I didn't mind working at Superstore. I liked the people i worked with. the hardest part probably was getting the amount of food and purchases bought through the scanner within a certain amount of time. Other than that i enjoyed it there.
Productive workplace but lacks in proper management
Customer service rep (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONAugust 14, 2013
Lack of management and no clear work schedules
Productive and positive employees
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONAugust 14, 2013
Pros: free lunches and breaks.
Cons: long hours.
The Superstore in Peterborough was a great place to work at. I enjoyed every minute of it. I hope to go back there sometime next year when I get everything back in order with my life. Everyone there was so nice and great site to see everyday.
It is over all fun, safe, productive place to work
GM Flow Clerk (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABJuly 18, 2013
Everyday is exciting,new experience to cherish, a new good story to share.
In every work place i have worked before learning always takes place,as i enjoy working at Superstore as Part Timer GM flow Clerk i have learned to expand my horizon specially to individual differences.
Management is super cool,they see to it that they cater on every aspects – more... that is essential and helpful for every employees and customers.
Co-workers are fun to work with,we work as a team.
Hardest part of the job is i don't get more hours.
I enjoyed working with nice co-worker,cool and approachable Supervisor and i enjoyed the everyday new learning stuff. – less

1 2 3