Superstore Employee Reviews

Good workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 August 2017
Flexibility with schedule, Covered under most of the benefits such as dental drugs, accidental insurance. Job security and raise in pay is secured through union
Fun place to get to meet new friends
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 August 2017
When working here you work your shifts with many other employees as a cashier. It is always nice to get to know the people you work beside. Also another good way to make new friends outside of school.
Pros
Food and Drinks are usually at the break room for all employees
Good work enviroment
Eyewear Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB2 August 2017
filing
setting up for the eye doctor
booking appointments
making orders
paying bills
calling patients
cleaning glasses
repairing glasses
working with customers
Pros
able to work alone
Cons
can be slow and become boring
Not good
Produce Clerk and Garden Centre (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK30 July 2017
The management is over worked and under payed leaving them quite irritable and snappy. They expected a lot but we're not very rewarding. For example; you busted your butt doing something and hear 0 compliments on your hard work but when you make 1 small mistake you will be yelled at, sometimes even in front of customers. Very unprofessional.
Pros
Unionized
Company
Front End (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON18 July 2017
The company is good and the union that they have is great. They can be hard sometimes but they have a good attitude. They have a lot of opportunities there and discounts as well.
Stressing
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC27 June 2017
Under staffed and under paid working environment. Given more to do in day if you show any interest in the job. Main workers have all the responsibility of a manager but with out the credit
Cons
over worked
Productive Always Room for Equality and Improvement
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON27 June 2017
A typical day I'd push carts, do the baskets, put away food, sweep the floor, help customers in need, cleaning up general messes, helping people locate items within the store.
Pros
Access to quick meals
Cons
Lazy employee's
It's a good place to work to get a better understanding in your field
Cashier, Stocking, (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 June 2017
If superstore gave enough hours I would still be working there today. Personally I liked the atmosphere superstore had, and working with customers as a sales representative in electronics has always been fun and a learning experience for myself.
Pros
20% discounts on groceries
Cons
Not a lot of hours
its a fine place to work
Front-End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 June 2017
its fine, you get there you do your job you go home. not a lot to it.
management is a bit much, especially about time keeping.
you get familiar faces, a hello and good morning here and there, but there is no real team spirit.
their is nothing really hard about the job, except for standing for 8 hours.
Pros
its fine, a good place to be, low stress, fimilar faces.
Cons
strict on time keeping, punctuality and if you are sick its hard to be able to leave.
Good place to work but don't expect hours of you are part time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 June 2017
It's a good place to work if you are older and want to work full time. You get full Union benefits as well as a 10% off store items after working there for 6 months. But working there as a part time student is something that I wouldn't suggest. Very minimal shifts, 2 4 hour shifts a week. Plus the union takes a large sum of your pay check. Would recommend for someone over 30.
Pros
Free food in break room sometimes
Cons
Very little hours
fast paced place ,
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC9 June 2017
this is where i realized that i was enjoying meeting new people new co workers and able to learn new things being at this store,

it was great working here and close place to home ,

i was able to get the sense of fast paced environment here at this store , even regular customers here as well ,,
Pros
close to home for lunch and brakes
decent place to work for part time work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 May 2017
days were usually normal. nothing great. just work. management was alright, nothing special about them. some fun employees. best part was leaving work.
good place for work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK9 May 2017
learn better skills how we can work in a team another thing to help customer to find things if they any difficulty about pricing moreover i a we can respect our teammates
Nights place to be
Night shift Reciever (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 May 2017
Worked night shift as receiver/stocker. Great crew to work with. Truck drivers were the only issue at times. Nothing was overly bad working was straight forward. Did not have to deal with management to much
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB1 May 2017
Fast paced job that taught me how to learn work in retail and give good customer service. The job involved me stocking shelves, moving boxes, scanning items and deciding what products should be put on the floor.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short shifts
best
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 April 2017
i like this postion i love this postion i work their somany people know me now due to superstore that mean it help me to getting exposure with people
Pros
helpful, understand feeling
Cons
no any cons
Productive, Fast-paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 March 2017
I learned to work fast and efficiently, while maintaining knowledge of the latest products. I handled customer complaints and requests in a professional manner. I worked within a team or independently with minimal supervision. I made sure the store cash financials balanced and paperwork were in place every night. A typical day at work involved me being on retail, going for my 15 minute break and continuing retail or doing put-aways. I enjoyed the structure of my shift, however: I did wish for more interaction between co-workers to gain feelings of closeness, enjoyment, motivation, improvement and to make work feel less like work. Overall, I learned a lot and gained many skills while working at Superstore.
Pros
Holidays were celebrated during breaks in the Lunch room, professional, and good benefits.
Cons
Short hours, short breaks, not enough interactions between co-workers.
Busy Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2017
Superstore I had worked for was a very busy environment and catered to a lot of ethnic foods due to the majority were of another race.I went to school
Pros
Employee's were friendly
Cons
Customer's were hard to deqal with.
Fantastic Job
Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB19 March 2017
This is definitely a job for me. Very fast paced, heavy lifting, and team cooperation is required. A day at work includes picking groceries and bringing them out to the customers car. I've learned more about customer service, and managing a till. I've also been able to learn about produce, what is good for the customer and what is not. Time management has a huge part in Click and Collect. The hardest part of this job is when my manager puts one of us on alone, because it is extremely hard to do anything in that department alone. But the most enjoyable part is that we never stop moving, and are always busy.
Pros
The job itself
Cons
Management, being alone
Fun-loving work environment with excellent staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 March 2017
Busy flow- always something to do, people that excell at at customer service and go above and beyond to make the customer happy. I'd strongly reccommend this as a good place to work.