Superstore Employee Reviews

Productive workplace bosses open to ideas
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK27 September 2016
Bring out jacks and pallets, work spread stock
I learned to speak your mind, work hard get the job done
Management is fair and can usually work around conflict in schedules
You get to meet co-workers from all over the world, and learn a little of their languages and customs
The best part of the job is everyone working hard for a common goal of making the store a great place for our employees and customers
Pros
There are many benefits and chances at moving into different departments
Cons
No healthy snacks in the break room
good work environment
Replenishment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB23 August 2016
Awesome team of coworkers, good supervisor.
Management and coworkers were awesome, really enjoyed going to work.
I learned the ropes fast by asking a lot of questions when I started and during my training. I was eager to learn.
Hardest part of the job was getting use to working nights regularly. Although I did enjoy working nights because I didnt have to deal with customers. I was able to do my job while listening to my ipod, which made the shifts go by fast.
Pros
Get to listen to music while your working
Cons
night shifts
Fun but long hours
Stocking (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB5 April 2016
I am a part time worker here, and we have long hours. I have had to learn all of the Aisles. Each night I am placed into a different aisle. I have had to learn to adapt and go with it. The management could be better, but the crew is awesome.
Pros
Great crew, benefits
Cons
Long hours, night shift
Greasy
Cart Pusher (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB7 June 2016
People are not friendly. Very busy and grouchy staff. Don't work with you and don't keep promises. Pay isn't great and they don't give you your raise as they promise
The place was great but...
Part-time employee (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 November 2016
Superstore was a real life changing place for me. Other then bad a bad manager the place was really great. The colleagues were nice and the work wasn't to strenuous. Overall nice place. Enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Free lunches, great friends and co-workers
Cons
Long days under horrible management.
Meeting customers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 August 2016
The most enjoyable part of the cashier job is to meet customers as i like to interact with different types of people from diverse culture and get lots of information on.
Cons
nothing
video games loud music
produce (Former Employee) –  215 st annes rd13 September 2016
i would come in to work first off. I would sign in then i either went to my manager to see what i had to do that day or there was a list of things to do at night. some of the managers were better then others. same with the coworkers some were cool others not so much. the hardest part would have to be the condencing some days it was a total nightmare. the most enjoyable part would be the slower days.
Pros
free food
Cons
really busy at times
A safe environment to work in.
Seafood Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON14 June 2016
The Real Canadian Superstore is a very safe and reasonable place to work, the management is excellent and help you in any way they can.
Pros
Great staff, Great management
Cons
part time salery
Good for Highschool Kids
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC25 June 2016
Very boring work. Good for High school kids to make money in the summer. full-time wasn't offered when I worked. Salary is low but there is a union and benefits.
Flexible, customer-service orientated environment
Natural Value Clerk/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB27 January 2016
Friendly, customer-service orientated grocery store. Located in the middle of Fredericton, it was easily one of the busiest grocery stores in town.

A typical day at work consisted of refiling the shelves with product, assisting customers with any questions or concerns, and receiving shipment orders. Later on, my duties expanded to operating the forklift, checking the inventory, assigning duties to the evening staff and, making the orders for stock needed. When hours became short I went to work in other sections such as Grocery, GM and, children's birthday parties in the cooking room.

Co-workers were generally friendly and helpful and, management was flexible and agreeable to most situations. Customers were rarely rude and, genuinely appreciated being helped. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing the list of objectives for the day without having to pass it on to the evening shift.
Productive and fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2016
Superstore had a very positive environment and the managers and workers were incredibly helpful and friendly. Everyone was approachable and management ensured that the work provided was within reason.
Very fast paced work environment
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON26 March 2016
Typical day would be cleaning, setting and prepping food, filling out orders for customers, and much more. I learned how to stay organized and calm in a rush and to work independently. The hardest part of the job was the the indecision of the owner who would constantly push his responsibilities onto others.
Pros
The relationships built with co-workers
Workplace environment
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2016
As a former employee I loved the workplace environment. The workers would help each other in need. The manager of the Bakery unit is very understanding. Working there was great, working among customers was the best part of the job.
superstore
GM flow (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 May 2016
i would work about 3-5 shifts a week it was a good part time job im just looking for something better that i can work towards my career for
Great part time job
Dairy Replenishment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 September 2016
Great part time job to start out with, had friendly coworkers and managers. Usually very busy with lots of tasks to complete, but time flew by. Also appreciated how flexible the hours were.
fun place to work
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON20 September 2016
excellent staff and great work environment, work load wasn't too much to handle and a very accepting environment to be in. Managers were very good and handled things well, didnt loose temper easily
Fun working
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB30 July 2016
I live all the staff friendly and helpful I love working with other people with different attitude I love my job in this store no complain at all helping people with different ages
Pros
With benifit
Cons
Choose my working time
Productive and fun
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB13 August 2016
Excelent first job. Made many friends and had good times. Great managers and great workes. Managers are very understanding about needing more hours or needing time off!
Pros
Very adjustable hours
Nice break room
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 July 2016
Employers were very unprofessional but the employees were wonderful. They had free lunches and breakfasts once and awhile which was nice but the hours were not guaranteed which was not told at interview.
So positive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC5 July 2016
Colleges were enjoyable to work with and my boss was so understanding and super sweet. Regular customers were a blast to serve. everything is amazing, and the environment was always positive and upbeat.