Superstore Employee Reviews in Canada

Work place is a great enviroment
SAP Operations (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCMay 19, 2016
Superstore is a great place to work the people at the company are friendly and very motivating. I learned alot of customer service skills while working at superstore.
Productive and fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 10, 2016
Superstore had a very positive environment and the managers and workers were incredibly helpful and friendly. Everyone was approachable and management ensured that the work provided was within reason.
Very good team work with friendly people
Backery (Bag stuffer) (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NBMay 7, 2016
I learned how to bag pastries very quickly and also how to turn all the merchandise labels to me very quickly. Everyone was very nice to me and didn't seemed bothered that a new person was volunteering there during their work.
Pros
getting to help people
Cons
nothing
Fun people to work with and productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONApril 16, 2016
My coworkers are a lot of fun to be around. The hardest part of the job are the customers because they can be so picky about the clothing and the food.
great place to work
Stocking Clerk, (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 13, 2016
night crew was very helpful.always willing to help out.love working night shift.the staff was very friendly.the job was fun to do .like satisfying the customers needs
Pros
many opportunities advance within the company
Cons
not enough hrs
Productive and fun workplace
Lower Sackville - Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sackville, NsApril 9, 2016
A typical day at work is really fun, everyone is so nice and welcoming. i learned how to interact with customers, and how to provide people information.
Pros
Free food in break room
Cons
Legs get tired
Fun but long hours
Stocking (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABApril 5, 2016
I am a part time worker here, and we have long hours. I have had to learn all of the Aisles. Each night I am placed into a different aisle. I have had to learn to adapt and go with it. The management could be better, but the crew is awesome.
Pros
Great crew, benefits
Cons
Long hours, night shift
Very fast paced work environment
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONMarch 26, 2016
Typical day would be cleaning, setting and prepping food, filling out orders for customers, and much more. I learned how to stay organized and calm in a rush and to work independently. The hardest part of the job was the the indecision of the owner who would constantly push his responsibilities onto others.
Pros
The relationships built with co-workers
Cons
Productive workplace and are able to keep my busy during the whole shift.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, BCMarch 22, 2016
I am NOT doing the same as my trade requires but am enjoying working with the people I am working and communicating with as well.
PLEASE see cover letter with resume and referances as needed.
Pros
Very friendly people as workmates
Cons
LOW on amount of weekly work hours
nice
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 22, 2016
Good atmosphere
Good customer service
Good teamwork
Flexible
I learned how to use a cash register and perform high volumes of cash transactions
enjoyable, workplace staff & customers ..
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 18, 2016
a typical day can range from moderatly busy to fast paced.. i have learned to be fast & courtiace with 25 years of experience working with public
Pros
pc points.. some free lunches
Cons
could use more hours
Good enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BCMarch 12, 2016
All the employees and management are very friendly and inviting. A friendly place to work that you could settle into quite easily.
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BCMarch 3, 2016
co workers where nice and enjoyable
like to work long hours and like to go in when I was needed when I worked at superstore I just miss working now need a job to keep busy and look after my son miss working life need too keep moving my feet and love working with others at a job site
productive
replenishment clerk at SUPERSTORE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 17, 2016
superstore is a place to learn and earn in a friendly and growing area where one come to know about Canadian norms and culture.
always on the go.
clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 8, 2016
go in to work in the morning and go the computer and get every departments inventory check and then hand out the papers to them. then i go and find the price changes and change the prices of items. then i get planograms and reorganize shelves according to the planograms.
Pros
break time.
Cons
standing long periods of time.
Comfortable clean environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ONFebruary 8, 2016
I wouldn't know how great of a place it is because I have only worked there for a couple of weeks.
-get to work, clock in, put your belongings in a locker.
- customer service supervisors would tell you what station you're working at
-complete your hours. Depending on how long your shift is so 6 hour shift you have 2 15 minute break
Pros
appropriate break times
fun place to work
Part time Groccery clerk (Current Employee) –  Milton, ONJanuary 28, 2016
i love working there. it was fun and enjoying. people are really nice. it was a good enviroment. i made alot of freinds. I used to help people find stuff, plus i use to work the skids and promocarts. a normal day was pretty busy.
Flexible, customer-service orientated environment
Natural Value Clerk/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBJanuary 27, 2016
Friendly, customer-service orientated grocery store. Located in the middle of Fredericton, it was easily one of the busiest grocery stores in town.

A typical day at work consisted of refiling the shelves with product, assisting customers with any questions or concerns, and receiving shipment orders. Later on, my duties expanded to operating the forklift, checking the inventory, assigning duties to the evening staff and, making the orders for stock needed. When hours became short I went to work in other sections such as Grocery, GM and, children's birthday parties in the cooking room.

Co-workers were generally friendly and helpful and, management was flexible and agreeable to most situations. Customers were rarely rude and, genuinely appreciated being helped. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing the list of objectives for the day without having to pass it on to the evening shift.
fairly decent rate of pay and relaxed work environment
File Maintenance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 20, 2016
considering being paid $13.50 to start and and extra hour if overtime worked the rate of pay and hours are pretty decent and the type of work is really simple, after printing off labels and re-adjusting product codes, simply just change the tags on shelves and done.
Pros
respectable rate of pay and union benefits
Cons
having to work hours that end in early morning
workplace
Organizer (Current Employee) –  London, ONDecember 23, 2015
Arrive at work on time and follow directions on managing workplace. Make sure workplace is clean and organized. an like to be working in a superstore to be collect stuff on shelfs.
Pros
salary
Cons
8 hours a week