Superior Propane Employee Reviews

Better jobs out there....
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph21 October 2015
A typical day involved dealing with angry customers who for the most part had a legitimate gripe. Management/leadership when present were at best semi competent. Any issues, questions or concerns were met with little enthusiasm- if at all. Was often left wondering if anyone had any business training whatsoever. It was very much a boys(girls) club type of culture.

The hardest part of the job was coming in every day wondering if you would be still have your job once the busy season was over. Many people left because the stress was too much or were cast aside once they weren't needed anymore in favor of casual and seasonal workers.

Very friendly co workers and everyone was easy to get along with. This was probably the best part of the job.
Pros
(Mostly)Friendly co-workers and an occasional free lunch.
Cons
Stressful job, Poor management and no job security.
Fast-paced, busy work environment requiring extensive multi-tasking; very strong team spirit
Bilingual Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 October 2015
I receive about 50 calls a day (about a third from French-speaking clients) and resolve their concerns or action their requests. I take all types of calls fielded in our Nation Operations Centre, including delivery and service requests, emergencies, billing and collections, payments, complaints and general inquiries. I work in a strong team environment and liaise with colleagues in other departments across Canada to resolve calls. I've learned a great deal about propane and fuel delivery, which is what Superior Propane does, as well as ways to exceed client's expectations with every call. Management is friendly and always available and offers personalized feedback on a regular basis, i.e. I meet weekly with my supervisor to listen to one of my recorded calls and assess my performance (I have consistently been graded in the high 90% to 100% range). Co-workers are dedicated and exceptionally committed to customer service. The hardest part of the job is giving upset callers options they don't like, (i.e., telling a client we can deliver their propane for a fee if they want it immediately, or without a fee if they wait a few business days, if the client ran out of fuel because they forgot to monitor their tank and call for delivery before it was empty). The most enjoyable part of the job is going above and beyond to problem solve on a client's behalf and having them express their gratitude.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Constantly shifting SOPs (Standard operating proceedures), lack of training
Dont Recommend
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  calgary27 September 2015
Worst life work Balance
Management is worst!!!!!!!!
benefits is good.
Coworkers man for itself
Safety is Important but its all lie
Employment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON10 September 2015
A day in the life of Superior Propane was pleasant as much as it was stressful. Fellow staff members were always a pleasure to work with and as were select management members. The overall experience was great.
Superior
National Credit Analyst - Contract (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 July 2015
I managed a portfolio of over 500+ active national accounts.
Daily released credit hold, called for payments and reviewed clients for non payments and credit risks. Reprinted invoices and updated aging as required. Account reconciliation was required daily.
Great experience, had a great team to work with.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB23 June 2015
This was a great experience for myself to deal with major accounts and flourish in my sales capabilities. The only negative factor with this company was its management unable to keep consistent and eventually cut the division I was in.
Pros
Wage, team
Cons
Management, Structure
Work culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Guelph22 June 2015
The company has great benefits for its employees. At work support and help is always available from team leads/supervisors and co-workers
Good coworkers, regional management undergoing changes
Bulk Delivery Driver - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 May 2015
typical day started at 5:30am, first customer usually before 6:30 (where 24 hour access to propane tanks and/or cylinders). Had to maintain a relatively fast, yet steady, pace in order to complete the route. Most days were 12-13 hours long, making family life a challenge with a spouse who works nights. Did enjoy being souly responsible for completing the task.
The hardest part was the customers with more than 15 cylinders requiring filling where lifting into cages was required. The smallest forklift cylinders weigh 55lb(aluminum) or 85lb(steel) when full, the heaviest bottles were around 175lb full (which meant I filled them AFTER putting them in the cage)

Not a job for someone who has previous back problems or carpel tunnel syndrome!!!!

But nice, experienced coworkers, always willing to help troubleshoot issues over the phone. The dispatch system is well organized as it lists the customers in a reasonable, GPS based order, though deviation was sometimes okay to start in the middle of the list in order to deliver to 24 hr access locations or get to busy locations before the delivery sites were crowded and challenging to get access.
Lots of work, poor direction
National Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto5 May 2015
A typical day at Superior was very challenging as I stepped into a role ill-defined. My co-workers were great people, but the management had little direction. Eventually, the department was moved back to the original location in a budget reduction measure.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Long hours, lack of stability
Very fast paste - extremely busy
Customer Accounts Team Lead/Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON9 March 2015
Very busy with lots of meetings, management does not respect their employees, customers and coworkers were great to work with. It was very stressful.

Want to know more about Superior Propane?

Ask a question
fun team
Accounts Receivable Administrator (Former Employee) –  calgary21 January 2015
helpful coworker and super supervisor
I had learned few software
enjoyed with team members
Cons
no promotion
I recomend this company to NOBODY in Thunder Bay
Customer Accounts Rep (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON9 October 2014
The entirety of Operations will not be in Thunder Bay for long. No security what so ever, and General Manager is Horrid.
Pros
Former Credit/Collections Manager
Cons
Current Management and lack of Job Security
This one of the best places i worked
Utilities Administrator & Bulk Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB11 September 2014
for me, this environment was terrific. The fact that it is a corporate company has it's effects every now and then. If a person can get past that part, and make the effort to be a team player, the senior co-workers are great to be with. I have made a few long term companions there. The management had on many occasions worked with me to accommodate me with what I needed.
The bonuses and benefits were really good, tho I understand things have changed since I was there.
The only reason why I left was to further myself in a different career choice.
Pros
people
Cons
schedule changes
Productive environment to complete your daily work with minimal supervision
Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB4 September 2014
0800 - 1700
Developed safe driving practices and operated different types of propane related equipment. My manager was very easy to work with and was an advocate for his field staff. Co-workers were 50/50 good and bad. Hardest part of the job was staying motivated, most enjoyable part was it was minimal supervision and I liked working alone.
Pros
Mininmal supervision
Cons
Long hours, old equipment, out of town work
Big Changes
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON7 July 2014
Big changes means little to no job security. No process' and training is limited. When things get rough they hide.
Awesome place to work, co-workers were great to work with, management were awesome to work with
CSR/ Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta7 July 2014
Wonderful place to work, always learning something new. Very busy but fun !
Pros
Free lunches, xmas parties
a fun place to work where I have learned a lot of things
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 June 2014
The company I worked for thought me many things.

I have learned Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and administrative duties as well as many other tasks that formed me today. The experience that I have accumulated there is very important because it helps me find my next job.

The people I worked with were very nice and supportive.
Pros
free lunches
Low Morale/High Staff Turnover
Customer Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON15 May 2014
Really think before you apply to this specific location. While there are many great people you will be working with, there are some that make doing your job well seem impossible.
Pros
Previous Management
Cons
New Manager
Reactionaries
Rep (Former Employee) –  Guelph8 April 2014
A small issue starts with lies and lack of honesty, I found this place with two issues, one rests in the Operation aspect and the other in the Sales side of this operation.It is unacceptable to have '' Managers'' and assistants working from home and expecting good results, at least not in this business.

For example : If you are a good truck driver then you should stay doing what you are good at don't you think ?…In other words, it is easy to talk the talk but not do the walk..

'' In a war, if a Commander lies to his General about the situation of his troops the war is lost, and that's exactly whats happening here.''

For the investors I have this to say:
You kept the old minds, the same Dinosaurs to lead the New Era ? Well that was a great mistake and I won't be wrong if you still have them working for you.

The only and very positive thing about this place was the kitchen and the good people who cared and never got to get a descent pay cheque, some may be gone by now.

For the ones to come I have this to say:
A bonus for the ones aspiring to get hire by this company are the use of their favourite '' office language'' which include the following words and phrases between many:
*With regards to
*And so on and so forth
*From the business point of view
*Tailgate meeting
* The rule but the exemption

Good luck
Pros
Clean Kitchen
Cons
Wrong people in Operations and Sales
Productive and Fun Environment, room to learn and grow
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary18 March 2014
In this position, I would receive client invoices and match them up with tickets and have the invoices mailed out to clients.
Once clients have received their invoice and have made payment to Superior I would then match up the payment amount to the correct invoice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superior Propane. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2