Superior Propane Employee Reviews

good pay, poor system, on call sucks
Bulk Delivery (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 February 2014
Good pay, short staffed, not enough equipment, poor communication with dispatch, on call sucks, long hours, fellow employees very helpful and nice, routing sucks.
Pros
Pay, OT, decent equipment
Cons
long hours, on call, poor management
I recomend this company to NOBODY in Thunder Bay
Customer Accounts Rep (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON9 October 2014
The entirety of Operations will not be in Thunder Bay for long. No security what so ever, and General Manager is Horrid.
Pros
Former Credit/Collections Manager
Cons
Current Management and lack of Job Security
Employment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON10 September 2015
A day in the life of Superior Propane was pleasant as much as it was stressful. Fellow staff members were always a pleasure to work with and as were select management members. The overall experience was great.
USELESS SUPERVISORS AND MANAGERS
csr (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON23 November 2015
We keep hiring temp/seasonal workers who are completely inadequate, while we let go competent workers. Spelling and proper grammar seem to be an afterthought as a requirement for a position here. My supervisor routinely sends emails littered with mistakes. The utter lack of professionalism is astounding, my supervisor answers emails as if she were replying by text to THEIR BFF.

I am very frustrated with the current direction of this company.
Pros
NONE
Cons
A LOT
This is a great environment great peoples to work with.
Bilingual CSR (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 November 2015
Fun place to work love the peoples there supervisor is amazing,
Customer all over Canada call for a delivery of propane or just info about there account or sometime they have a emergency were i have to dispatch a tech or a delivery truck especially for our big oil field customer. Love to work at a call center every call and customer are different and make my job fun and i feel great about helping our customers.
Productive environment to complete your daily work with minimal supervision
Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB4 September 2014
0800 - 1700
Developed safe driving practices and operated different types of propane related equipment. My manager was very easy to work with and was an advocate for his field staff. Co-workers were 50/50 good and bad. Hardest part of the job was staying motivated, most enjoyable part was it was minimal supervision and I liked working alone.
Pros
Mininmal supervision
Cons
Long hours, old equipment, out of town work
Great experience, had a great team to work with.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB23 June 2015
This was a great experience for myself to deal with major accounts and flourish in my sales capabilities. The only negative factor with this company was its management unable to keep consistent and eventually cut the division I was in.
Pros
Wage, team
Cons
Management, Structure
Fast-paced, busy work environment requiring extensive multi-tasking; very strong team spirit
Bilingual Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 October 2015
I receive about 50 calls a day (about a third from French-speaking clients) and resolve their concerns or action their requests. I take all types of calls fielded in our Nation Operations Centre, including delivery and service requests, emergencies, billing and collections, payments, complaints and general inquiries. I work in a strong team environment and liaise with colleagues in other departments across Canada to resolve calls. I've learned a great deal about propane and fuel delivery, which is what Superior Propane does, as well as ways to exceed client's expectations with every call. Management is friendly and always available and offers personalized feedback on a regular basis, i.e. I meet weekly with my supervisor to listen to one of my recorded calls and assess my performance (I have consistently been graded in the high 90% to 100% range). Co-workers are dedicated and exceptionally committed to customer service. The hardest part of the job is giving upset callers options they don't like, (i.e., telling a client we can deliver their propane for a fee if they want it immediately, or without a fee if they wait a few business days, if the client ran out of fuel because they forgot to monitor their tank and call for delivery before it was empty). The most enjoyable part of the job is going above and beyond to problem solve on a client's behalf and having them express their gratitude.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Constantly shifting SOPs (Standard operating proceedures), lack of training
Work culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Guelph22 June 2015
The company has great benefits for its employees. At work support and help is always available from team leads/supervisors and co-workers
Very fast paste - extremely busy
Customer Accounts Team Lead/Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON9 March 2015
Very busy with lots of meetings, management does not respect their employees, customers and coworkers were great to work with. It was very stressful.
Low Morale/High Staff Turnover
Customer Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON15 May 2014
Really think before you apply to this specific location. While there are many great people you will be working with, there are some that make doing your job well seem impossible.
Pros
Previous Management
Cons
New Manager
Big Changes
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON7 July 2014
Big changes means little to no job security. No process' and training is limited. When things get rough they hide.
fun team
Accounts Receivable Administrator (Former Employee) –  calgary21 January 2015
helpful coworker and super supervisor
I had learned few software
enjoyed with team members
Cons
no promotion
na
Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay18 February 2014
• Perform related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying
• Respond to customer inquiries, maintain good customer relations and solve problems
• Answer correspondence, prepare reports and maintain records and files related to collection work
• Resolve collection issues by making payment arrangements by telephone, mail and registered mail
• Calculate, prepare and issue documents related to accounts suchs as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements and other financial statements using computerized and manual systems
Good place to work in.
National Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario12 January 2013
Wonderful co-workers.
Out of this world boss.
Wonderful culture.
Getting along with everybody.
Pros
working with wonderful boss.
Cons
relocation of the mississuaga office to calgary.
propne
Bulk Driver/Propane Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wawa, ON15 November 2015
Delivered Propane to mills,and mines enjoyed the job great work environment, only seasonal looking for permanent full time work
Good coworkers, regional management undergoing changes
Bulk Delivery Driver - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 May 2015
typical day started at 5:30am, first customer usually before 6:30 (where 24 hour access to propane tanks and/or cylinders). Had to maintain a relatively fast, yet steady, pace in order to complete the route. Most days were 12-13 hours long, making family life a challenge with a spouse who works nights. Did enjoy being souly responsible for completing the task.
The hardest part was the customers with more than 15 cylinders requiring filling where lifting into cages was required. The smallest forklift cylinders weigh 55lb(aluminum) or 85lb(steel) when full, the heaviest bottles were around 175lb full (which meant I filled them AFTER putting them in the cage)

Not a job for someone who has previous back problems or carpel tunnel syndrome!!!!

But nice, experienced coworkers, always willing to help troubleshoot issues over the phone. The dispatch system is well organized as it lists the customers in a reasonable, GPS based order, though deviation was sometimes okay to start in the middle of the list in order to deliver to 24 hr access locations or get to busy locations before the delivery sites were crowded and challenging to get access.
Superior
National Credit Analyst - Contract (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 July 2015
I managed a portfolio of over 500+ active national accounts.
Daily released credit hold, called for payments and reviewed clients for non payments and credit risks. Reprinted invoices and updated aging as required. Account reconciliation was required daily.
very stressfull at times
Bilingual Customer Service / Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON16 August 2012
taking emergncy calls at night for propane leaks

\learned how to calm a nervous person down to get the correct information so that I could relay the info to the driver

Mangement was fairly new a a bit disorganized but helpful

my co-workers were great we worked well together
Pros
allowed to surf the net and watch tv
Cons
hard to get a driver to go on calls as they were often over the limit for driving hours
Delivery Coordinator
Delivery Coordinator - Lloydminster - Oil Patch (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON13 June 2012
working for Superior was interesting - the drivers were always great to deal with and they were always a big help. The team that I worked with became like a family. The dispatching unfortunately was extremely easy and not much to do on a daily basis but the drivers more than made up for everything and finding challenges made the day go smoother
Pros
could work from home
Cons
no winter vacation

2.1