Superior Propane Employee Reviews

Would not Recommend as "Forever Job"
SAC Thunder Bay (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON8 October 2016
*The long time employees/managers were great but they kept hiring newly laid off call centre employees which changed the workplace dynamic to be more focused on call centre stats rather than good customer service
*many supervisors were self serving and lazy/dishonest
*Pay is very low but management refuses to address it; The low pay issue is edited out of all employee surveys...SP routinely lays off employees for no reason once they make to much money, even if the work suffers
*For many of the employees it's a job for ancillary family income But you cannot provide for a family with the salary from this job unless you are upper management
*Too many executive leadership changes too frequently, no clear direction for employees, always under threat of new execs outsourcing/relicating jobs
*Good job if you need one right away or if you're still looking, would not recommend long term employment with SP, there is no job security
*SP would constantly fire people randomly and it creates a very uneasy workplace environment; Everyday the fear of being laid off is present
*Very useful job experience, but it was not worth the stress of having zero job security
*The workers are almost all good, honest people who try to do a good job despite insufficient leadership and compensation
Pros
Great Benefits/Pension package
Cons
Low pay, no job security
Poor Management
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON22 September 2016
This place was enjoyable to work for during my first 5-6 years as our manager was professional, intelligent, and easily approachable.
Upon his departure, everything went downhill, especially employee morale. It became a full-blown, ice-cold call-centre environment, eventhough we were constantly told that it was not a call centre. Most of the team leads (not all) were completely and utterly useless! They’d often refuse to accept escalated calls from irate customers, and when they did, they’d go against everything that we were taught as an employee just to get the customer off the phone as quickly as possible because it was interrupting their 8:15am breakfast feast during work hours.
Favouritism became blatantly obvious as certain employees would get picked on way more often than others for the same reason.
The benefits were great, however it was not worth the stress, and that’s why I chose to leave once securing another job elsewhere. Management had no idea what was going on as company policies changed on a dime.
During my time there, the turnover rate was extremely high, and this company lost many great long-term employees for the above reasons.
If you're desperate for employment, then by all means apply, just don't expect any compassion or job security from the various levels of management.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Extremely poor management from both the upper and lower levels
Changeing work place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatchewan21 September 2016
The company is going through a lot of significant changes. While these are exciting and needed changes, the company could certainly improve on how the implementation is planned and executed to help ensure a smooth execution and understanding and engagement from all levels.
Pros
Salary and benifits
Cons
work-life balance
Good mid size company to work in
Account Receivable/Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2016
Good mid size company to work in, but it lacks smart management and therefore it was carrying a lot of extra expenses and losses at the time I was working in there, due to lack of precision in their operation
No job security
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON22 August 2016
The employees in the position I was in were overworked and under paid. We had to come in early and stay late to keep up with the work overflow and we were not paid for the overtime to keep up. Many people worried for their jobs as many people were laid off without any given reason as to why. The turnover rate for this company is extremely high.
Pros
Great benefits and vacation package, amazing co-workers.
Cons
No job security.
Adminstrative Assistant Roles and responsibilities
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON25 May 2016
Great and enterprising place to work with. The environment and the people are friendly and willingly to help to put you through.
Co-workers.
Purchasing & Service Admin (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta19 April 2016
Co-workers are great to work with and enjoyable. Fast paced environment with lots of daily challenges and rarely the same experience daily
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Management is poor
USELESS SUPERVISORS AND MANAGERS
csr (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON23 November 2015
We keep hiring temp/seasonal workers who are completely inadequate, while we let go competent workers. Spelling and proper grammar seem to be an afterthought as a requirement for a position here. My supervisor routinely sends emails littered with mistakes. The utter lack of professionalism is astounding, my supervisor answers emails as if she were replying by text to THEIR BFF.

I am very frustrated with the current direction of this company.
Pros
NONE
Cons
A LOT
This is a great environment great peoples to work with.
Bilingual CSR (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 November 2015
Fun place to work love the peoples there supervisor is amazing,
Customer all over Canada call for a delivery of propane or just info about there account or sometime they have a emergency were i have to dispatch a tech or a delivery truck especially for our big oil field customer. Love to work at a call center every call and customer are different and make my job fun and i feel great about helping our customers.
propne
Bulk Driver/Propane Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wawa, ON15 November 2015
Delivered Propane to mills,and mines enjoyed the job great work environment, only seasonal looking for permanent full time work
Don't Waste your time.
Sales Exective (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC10 November 2015
This company has a revolving door, poor employee moral, in-figting and politics that will drive your crazy. Just not worth the nonsense at any price. I started and very quickly ended the job after realizing the issues.
Pros
Reasonable pay, ok benifits
Cons
Poor management, no training, revolving door, hostile environment
Better jobs out there....
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph21 October 2015
A typical day involved dealing with angry customers who for the most part had a legitimate gripe. Management/leadership when present were at best semi competent. Any issues, questions or concerns were met with little enthusiasm- if at all. Was often left wondering if anyone had any business training whatsoever. It was very much a boys(girls) club type of culture.

The hardest part of the job was coming in every day wondering if you would be still have your job once the busy season was over. Many people left because the stress was too much or were cast aside once they weren't needed anymore in favor of casual and seasonal workers.

Very friendly co workers and everyone was easy to get along with. This was probably the best part of the job.
Pros
(Mostly)Friendly co-workers and an occasional free lunch.
Cons
Stressful job, Poor management and no job security.
Fast-paced, busy work environment requiring extensive multi-tasking; very strong team spirit
Bilingual Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 October 2015
I receive about 50 calls a day (about a third from French-speaking clients) and resolve their concerns or action their requests. I take all types of calls fielded in our Nation Operations Centre, including delivery and service requests, emergencies, billing and collections, payments, complaints and general inquiries. I work in a strong team environment and liaise with colleagues in other departments across Canada to resolve calls. I've learned a great deal about propane and fuel delivery, which is what Superior Propane does, as well as ways to exceed client's expectations with every call. Management is friendly and always available and offers personalized feedback on a regular basis, i.e. I meet weekly with my supervisor to listen to one of my recorded calls and assess my performance (I have consistently been graded in the high 90% to 100% range). Co-workers are dedicated and exceptionally committed to customer service. The hardest part of the job is giving upset callers options they don't like, (i.e., telling a client we can deliver their propane for a fee if they want it immediately, or without a fee if they wait a few business days, if the client ran out of fuel because they forgot to monitor their tank and call for delivery before it was empty). The most enjoyable part of the job is going above and beyond to problem solve on a client's behalf and having them express their gratitude.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Constantly shifting SOPs (Standard operating proceedures), lack of training
Dont Recommend
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  calgary27 September 2015
Worst life work Balance
Management is worst!!!!!!!!
benefits is good.
Coworkers man for itself
Safety is Important but its all lie
Employment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON10 September 2015
A day in the life of Superior Propane was pleasant as much as it was stressful. Fellow staff members were always a pleasure to work with and as were select management members. The overall experience was great.
Superior
National Credit Analyst - Contract (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 July 2015
I managed a portfolio of over 500+ active national accounts.
Daily released credit hold, called for payments and reviewed clients for non payments and credit risks. Reprinted invoices and updated aging as required. Account reconciliation was required daily.
Great experience, had a great team to work with.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB23 June 2015
This was a great experience for myself to deal with major accounts and flourish in my sales capabilities. The only negative factor with this company was its management unable to keep consistent and eventually cut the division I was in.
Pros
Wage, team
Cons
Management, Structure
Work culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Guelph22 June 2015
The company has great benefits for its employees. At work support and help is always available from team leads/supervisors and co-workers
Good coworkers, regional management undergoing changes
Bulk Delivery Driver - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 May 2015
typical day started at 5:30am, first customer usually before 6:30 (where 24 hour access to propane tanks and/or cylinders). Had to maintain a relatively fast, yet steady, pace in order to complete the route. Most days were 12-13 hours long, making family life a challenge with a spouse who works nights. Did enjoy being souly responsible for completing the task.
The hardest part was the customers with more than 15 cylinders requiring filling where lifting into cages was required. The smallest forklift cylinders weigh 55lb(aluminum) or 85lb(steel) when full, the heaviest bottles were around 175lb full (which meant I filled them AFTER putting them in the cage)

Not a job for someone who has previous back problems or carpel tunnel syndrome!!!!

But nice, experienced coworkers, always willing to help troubleshoot issues over the phone. The dispatch system is well organized as it lists the customers in a reasonable, GPS based order, though deviation was sometimes okay to start in the middle of the list in order to deliver to 24 hr access locations or get to busy locations before the delivery sites were crowded and challenging to get access.
Lots of work, poor direction
National Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto5 May 2015
A typical day at Superior was very challenging as I stepped into a role ill-defined. My co-workers were great people, but the management had little direction. Eventually, the department was moved back to the original location in a budget reduction measure.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Long hours, lack of stability

2.9