Superior Propane

Superior Propane Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
This is a great environment great peoples to work with.
Bilingual CSR (Current Employee), Guelph, ONNovember 19, 2015
Fun place to work love the peoples there supervisor is amazing,
Customer all over Canada call for a delivery of propane or just info about there account or sometime they have a emergency were i have to dispatch a tech or a delivery truck especially for our big oil field customer. Love to work at a call center every call and customer are different and make my job fun and i feel great about helping our customers.
propne
Bulk Driver/Propane Attendant (Former Employee), Wawa, ONNovember 15, 2015
Delivered Propane to mills,and mines enjoyed the job great work environment, only seasonal looking for permanent full time work
Don't Waste your time.
Sales Exective (Former Employee), Delta, BCNovember 10, 2015
Pros: Reasonable pay, ok benifits
Cons: Poor management, no training, revolving door, hostile environment
This company has a revolving door, poor employee moral, in-figting and politics that will drive your crazy. Just not worth the nonsense at any price. I started and very quickly ended the job after realizing the issues.
Better jobs out there....
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), GuelphOctober 21, 2015
Pros: (Mostly)Friendly co-workers and an occasional free lunch.
Cons: Stressful job, Poor management and no job security.
A typical day involved dealing with angry customers who for the most part had a legitimate gripe. Management/leadership when present were at best semi competent. Any issues, questions or concerns were met with little enthusiasm- if at all. Was often left wondering if anyone had any business training whatsoever. It was very much a boys(girls) club type of culture.

The hardest part of the job was coming in every day wondering if you would be still have your job once the busy season was over. Many people left because the stress was too much or were cast aside once they weren't needed anymore in favor of casual and seasonal workers.

Very friendly co workers and everyone was easy to get along with. This was probably the best part of the job.
Fast-paced, busy work environment requiring extensive multi-tasking; very strong team spirit
Bilingual Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Guelph, ONOctober 4, 2015
Pros: Friendly co-workers
Cons: Constantly shifting SOPs (Standard operating proceedures), lack of training
I receive about 50 calls a day (about a third from French-speaking clients) and resolve their concerns or action their requests. I take all types of calls fielded in our Nation Operations Centre, including delivery and service requests, emergencies, billing and collections, payments, complaints and general inquiries. I work in a strong team environment and liaise with colleagues in other departments across Canada to resolve calls. I've learned a great deal about propane and fuel delivery, which is what Superior Propane does, as well as ways to exceed client's expectations with every call. Management is friendly and always available and offers personalized feedback on a regular basis, i.e. I meet weekly with my supervisor to listen to one of my recorded calls and assess my performance (I have consistently been graded in the high 90% to 100% range). Co-workers are dedicated and exceptionally committed to customer service. The hardest part of the job is giving upset callers options they don't like, (i.e., telling a client we can deliver their propane for a fee if they want it immediately, or without a fee if they wait a few business days, if the client ran out of fuel because they forgot to monitor their tank and call for delivery before it was empty). The most enjoyable part of the job is going above and beyond to problem solve on a client's behalf and having them express their gratitude.
Dont Recommend
Truck Driver (Former Employee), calgarySeptember 27, 2015
Worst life work Balance
Management is worst!!!!!!!!
benefits is good.
Coworkers man for itself
Safety is Important but its all lie
Employment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Guelph, ONSeptember 10, 2015
A day in the life of Superior Propane was pleasant as much as it was stressful. Fellow staff members were always a pleasure to work with and as were select management members. The overall experience was great.
Superior
National Credit Analyst - Contract (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 6, 2015
I managed a portfolio of over 500+ active national accounts.
Daily released credit hold, called for payments and reviewed clients for non payments and credit risks. Reprinted invoices and updated aging as required. Account reconciliation was required daily.
Great experience, had a great team to work with.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Calgary ABJune 23, 2015
Pros: Wage, team
Cons: Management, Structure
This was a great experience for myself to deal with major accounts and flourish in my sales capabilities. The only negative factor with this company was its management unable to keep consistent and eventually cut the division I was in.
Work culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), GuelphJune 22, 2015
The company has great benefits for its employees. At work support and help is always available from team leads/supervisors and co-workers
Good coworkers, regional management undergoing changes
Bulk Delivery Driver - Seasonal (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 6, 2015
typical day started at 5:30am, first customer usually before 6:30 (where 24 hour access to propane tanks and/or cylinders). Had to maintain a relatively fast, yet steady, pace in order to complete the route. Most days were 12-13 hours long, making family life a challenge with a spouse who works nights. Did enjoy being souly responsible for completing the task.
The hardest part was the customers with more than 15 cylinders requiring filling where lifting into cages was required. The smallest forklift cylinders weigh 55lb(aluminum) or 85lb(steel) when full, the heaviest bottles were around 175lb full (which meant I filled them AFTER putting them in the cage)

Not a job for someone who has previous back problems or carpel tunnel syndrome!!!!

But nice, experienced coworkers, always willing to help troubleshoot issues over the phone. The dispatch system is well organized as it lists the customers in a reasonable, GPS based order, though deviation was sometimes okay to start in the middle of the list in order to deliver to 24 hr access locations or get to busy locations before the delivery sites were crowded and challenging to get access.
Lots of work, poor direction
National Account Analyst (Former Employee), TorontoMay 5, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers
Cons: Long hours, lack of stability
A typical day at Superior was very challenging as I stepped into a role ill-defined. My co-workers were great people, but the management had little direction. Eventually, the department was moved back to the original location in a budget reduction measure.
Very fast paste - extremely busy
Customer Accounts Team Lead/Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMarch 9, 2015
Very busy with lots of meetings, management does not respect their employees, customers and coworkers were great to work with. It was very stressful.
fun team
Accounts Receivable Administrator (Former Employee), calgaryJanuary 21, 2015
Cons: no promotion
helpful coworker and super supervisor
I had learned few software
enjoyed with team members
I recomend this company to NOBODY in Thunder Bay
Customer Accounts Rep (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONOctober 9, 2014
Pros: former credit/collections manager
Cons: current management and lack of job security
The entirety of Operations will not be in Thunder Bay for long. No security what so ever, and General Manager is Horrid.
This one of the best places i worked
Utilities Administrator & Bulk Truck Driver (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: schedule changes
for me, this environment was terrific. The fact that it is a corporate company has it's effects every now and then. If a person can get past that part, and make the effort to be a team player, the senior co-workers are great to be with. I have made a few long term companions there. The management had on many occasions worked with me to accommodate me with what I needed.
The bonuses and benefits were really good, tho I understand things have changed since I was there.
The only reason why I left was to further myself in a different career choice.
Productive environment to complete your daily work with minimal supervision
Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: mininmal supervision
Cons: long hours, old equipment, out of town work
0800 - 1700
Developed safe driving practices and operated different types of propane related equipment. My manager was very easy to work with and was an advocate for his field staff. Co-workers were 50/50 good and bad. Hardest part of the job was staying motivated, most enjoyable part was it was minimal supervision and I liked working alone.
Big Changes
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJuly 7, 2014
Big changes means little to no job security. No process' and training is limited. When things get rough they hide.
Awesome place to work, co-workers were great to work with, management were awesome to work with
CSR/ Administrator (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJuly 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches, xmas parties
Wonderful place to work, always learning something new. Very busy but fun !
a fun place to work where I have learned a lot of things
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 25, 2014
Pros: free lunches
The company I worked for thought me many things.

I have learned Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and administrative duties as well as many other tasks that formed me today. The experience that I have accumulated there is very important because it helps me find my next job.

The people I worked with were very nice and supportive.
Headquarters