Superior Propane Employee Reviews

No job security
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONAugust 22, 2016
The employees in the position I was in were overworked and under paid. We had to come in early and stay late to keep up with the work overflow and we were not paid for the overtime to keep up. Many people worried for their jobs as many people were laid off without any given reason as to why. The turnover rate for this company is extremely high.
Pros
Great benefits and vacation package, amazing co-workers.
Cons
No job security.
Changeing work place
Manager (Current Employee) –  SaskatchewanSeptember 21, 2016
The company is going through a lot of significant changes. While these are exciting and needed changes, the company could certainly improve on how the implementation is planned and executed to help ensure a smooth execution and understanding and engagement from all levels.
Pros
Salary and benifits
Cons
work-life balance
Good mid size company to work in
Account Receivable/Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 7, 2016
Good mid size company to work in, but it lacks smart management and therefore it was carrying a lot of extra expenses and losses at the time I was working in there, due to lack of precision in their operation
Adminstrative Assistant Roles and responsibilities
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONMay 25, 2016
Great and enterprising place to work with. The environment and the people are friendly and willingly to help to put you through.
Co-workers.
Purchasing & Service Admin (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaApril 19, 2016
Co-workers are great to work with and enjoyable. Fast paced environment with lots of daily challenges and rarely the same experience daily
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Management is poor
USELESS SUPERVISORS AND MANAGERS
csr (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONNovember 23, 2015
We keep hiring temp/seasonal workers who are completely inadequate, while we let go competent workers. Spelling and proper grammar seem to be an afterthought as a requirement for a position here. My supervisor routinely sends emails littered with mistakes. The utter lack of professionalism is astounding, my supervisor answers emails as if she were replying by text to THEIR BFF.

I am very frustrated with the current direction of this company.
Pros
NONE
Cons
A LOT
This is a great environment great peoples to work with.
Bilingual CSR (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONNovember 19, 2015
Fun place to work love the peoples there supervisor is amazing,
Customer all over Canada call for a delivery of propane or just info about there account or sometime they have a emergency were i have to dispatch a tech or a delivery truck especially for our big oil field customer. Love to work at a call center every call and customer are different and make my job fun and i feel great about helping our customers.
Don't Waste your time.
Sales Exective (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCNovember 10, 2015
This company has a revolving door, poor employee moral, in-figting and politics that will drive your crazy. Just not worth the nonsense at any price. I started and very quickly ended the job after realizing the issues.
Pros
Reasonable pay, ok benifits
Cons
Poor management, no training, revolving door, hostile environment
Better jobs out there....
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  GuelphOctober 21, 2015
A typical day involved dealing with angry customers who for the most part had a legitimate gripe. Management/leadership when present were at best semi competent. Any issues, questions or concerns were met with little enthusiasm- if at all. Was often left wondering if anyone had any business training whatsoever. It was very much a boys(girls) club type of culture.

The hardest part of the job was coming in every day wondering if you would be still have your job once the busy season was over. Many people left because the stress was too much or were cast aside once they weren't needed anymore in favor of casual and seasonal workers.

Very friendly co workers and everyone was easy to get along with. This was probably the best part of the job.
Pros
(Mostly)Friendly co-workers and an occasional free lunch.
Cons
Stressful job, Poor management and no job security.
propne
Bulk Driver/Propane Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wawa, ONNovember 15, 2015
Delivered Propane to mills,and mines enjoyed the job great work environment, only seasonal looking for permanent full time work
Employment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONSeptember 10, 2015
A day in the life of Superior Propane was pleasant as much as it was stressful. Fellow staff members were always a pleasure to work with and as were select management members. The overall experience was great.
Great experience, had a great team to work with.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary ABJune 23, 2015
This was a great experience for myself to deal with major accounts and flourish in my sales capabilities. The only negative factor with this company was its management unable to keep consistent and eventually cut the division I was in.
Pros
Wage, team
Cons
Management, Structure
Superior
National Credit Analyst - Contract (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 6, 2015
I managed a portfolio of over 500+ active national accounts.
Daily released credit hold, called for payments and reviewed clients for non payments and credit risks. Reprinted invoices and updated aging as required. Account reconciliation was required daily.
Lots of work, poor direction
National Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 5, 2015
A typical day at Superior was very challenging as I stepped into a role ill-defined. My co-workers were great people, but the management had little direction. Eventually, the department was moved back to the original location in a budget reduction measure.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Long hours, lack of stability
Dont Recommend
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  calgarySeptember 27, 2015
Worst life work Balance
Management is worst!!!!!!!!
benefits is good.
Coworkers man for itself
Safety is Important but its all lie
This one of the best places i worked
Utilities Administrator & Bulk Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABSeptember 11, 2014
for me, this environment was terrific. The fact that it is a corporate company has it's effects every now and then. If a person can get past that part, and make the effort to be a team player, the senior co-workers are great to be with. I have made a few long term companions there. The management had on many occasions worked with me to accommodate me with what I needed.
The bonuses and benefits were really good, tho I understand things have changed since I was there.
The only reason why I left was to further myself in a different career choice.
Pros
people
Cons
schedule changes
Productive environment to complete your daily work with minimal supervision
Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABSeptember 4, 2014
0800 - 1700
Developed safe driving practices and operated different types of propane related equipment. My manager was very easy to work with and was an advocate for his field staff. Co-workers were 50/50 good and bad. Hardest part of the job was staying motivated, most enjoyable part was it was minimal supervision and I liked working alone.
Pros
mininmal supervision
Cons
long hours, old equipment, out of town work
na
Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Thunder BayFebruary 18, 2014
• Perform related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying
• Respond to customer inquiries, maintain good customer relations and solve problems
• Answer correspondence, prepare reports and maintain records and files related to collection work
• Resolve collection issues by making payment arrangements by telephone, mail and registered mail
• Calculate, prepare and issue documents related to accounts suchs as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements and other financial statements using computerized and manual systems
not the greatest
Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONFebruary 7, 2014
currently attempting a culture change, however EVERYONE is against all change. the company has NO processes, does not have any work life balance and is just starting to add "world class" into their vocabulary. right now they believe world class is not delivering propane to their customers, not ordering enough supply to deliver on their customers basic needs.
The hardest part of the job is to try to explain to customers why they can not cook and why they have to freeze this winter season.
Have not identified the most enjoyable part of the job yet.
a fun place to work where I have learned a lot of things
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 25, 2014
The company I worked for thought me many things.

I have learned Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and administrative duties as well as many other tasks that formed me today. The experience that I have accumulated there is very important because it helps me find my next job.

The people I worked with were very nice and supportive.
Pros
free lunches

2.1