Superior Propane Employee Reviews in Canada

Don't Waste your time.
Sales Exective (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCNovember 10, 2015
This company has a revolving door, poor employee moral, in-figting and politics that will drive your crazy. Just not worth the nonsense at any price. I started and very quickly ended the job after realizing the issues.
Pros
Reasonable pay, ok benifits
Cons
Poor management, no training, revolving door, hostile environment
Better jobs out there....
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  GuelphOctober 21, 2015
A typical day involved dealing with angry customers who for the most part had a legitimate gripe. Management/leadership when present were at best semi competent. Any issues, questions or concerns were met with little enthusiasm- if at all. Was often left wondering if anyone had any business training whatsoever. It was very much a boys(girls) club type of culture.

The hardest part of the job was coming in every day wondering if you would be still have your job once the busy season was over. Many people left because the stress was too much or were cast aside once they weren't needed anymore in favor of casual and seasonal workers.

Very friendly co workers and everyone was easy to get along with. This was probably the best part of the job.
Pros
(Mostly)Friendly co-workers and an occasional free lunch.
Cons
Stressful job, Poor management and no job security.
Dont Recommend
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  calgarySeptember 27, 2015
Worst life work Balance
Management is worst!!!!!!!!
benefits is good.
Coworkers man for itself
Safety is Important but its all lie
Work culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  GuelphJune 22, 2015
The company has great benefits for its employees. At work support and help is always available from team leads/supervisors and co-workers
This one of the best places i worked
Utilities Administrator & Bulk Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABSeptember 11, 2014
for me, this environment was terrific. The fact that it is a corporate company has it's effects every now and then. If a person can get past that part, and make the effort to be a team player, the senior co-workers are great to be with. I have made a few long term companions there. The management had on many occasions worked with me to accommodate me with what I needed.
The bonuses and benefits were really good, tho I understand things have changed since I was there.
The only reason why I left was to further myself in a different career choice.
Pros
people
Cons
schedule changes
Co-workers.
Purchasing & Service Admin (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaApril 19, 2016
Co-workers are great to work with and enjoyable. Fast paced environment with lots of daily challenges and rarely the same experience daily
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Management is poor
USELESS SUPERVISORS AND MANAGERS
csr (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONNovember 23, 2015
We keep hiring temp/seasonal workers who are completely inadequate, while we let go competent workers. Spelling and proper grammar seem to be an afterthought as a requirement for a position here. My supervisor routinely sends emails littered with mistakes. The utter lack of professionalism is astounding, my supervisor answers emails as if she were replying by text to THEIR BFF.

I am very frustrated with the current direction of this company.
Pros
NONE
Cons
A LOT
This is a great environment great peoples to work with.
Bilingual CSR (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONNovember 19, 2015
Fun place to work love the peoples there supervisor is amazing,
Customer all over Canada call for a delivery of propane or just info about there account or sometime they have a emergency were i have to dispatch a tech or a delivery truck especially for our big oil field customer. Love to work at a call center every call and customer are different and make my job fun and i feel great about helping our customers.
Employment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONSeptember 10, 2015
A day in the life of Superior Propane was pleasant as much as it was stressful. Fellow staff members were always a pleasure to work with and as were select management members. The overall experience was great.
propne
Bulk Driver/Propane Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wawa, ONNovember 15, 2015
Delivered Propane to mills,and mines enjoyed the job great work environment, only seasonal looking for permanent full time work
Lots of work, poor direction
National Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 5, 2015
A typical day at Superior was very challenging as I stepped into a role ill-defined. My co-workers were great people, but the management had little direction. Eventually, the department was moved back to the original location in a budget reduction measure.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Long hours, lack of stability
Fast-paced, busy work environment requiring extensive multi-tasking; very strong team spirit
Bilingual Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONOctober 4, 2015
I receive about 50 calls a day (about a third from French-speaking clients) and resolve their concerns or action their requests. I take all types of calls fielded in our Nation Operations Centre, including delivery and service requests, emergencies, billing and collections, payments, complaints and general inquiries. I work in a strong team environment and liaise with colleagues in other departments across Canada to resolve calls. I've learned a great deal about propane and fuel delivery, which is what Superior Propane does, as well as ways to exceed client's expectations with every call. Management is friendly and always available and offers personalized feedback on a regular basis, i.e. I meet weekly with my supervisor to listen to one of my recorded calls and assess my performance (I have consistently been graded in the high 90% to 100% range). Co-workers are dedicated and exceptionally committed to customer service. The hardest part of the job is giving upset callers options they don't like, (i.e., telling a client we can deliver their propane for a fee if they want it immediately, or without a fee if they wait a few business days, if the client ran out of fuel because they forgot to monitor their tank and call for delivery before it was empty). The most enjoyable part of the job is going above and beyond to problem solve on a client's behalf and having them express their gratitude.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Constantly shifting SOPs (Standard operating proceedures), lack of training
Great experience, had a great team to work with.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary ABJune 23, 2015
This was a great experience for myself to deal with major accounts and flourish in my sales capabilities. The only negative factor with this company was its management unable to keep consistent and eventually cut the division I was in.
Pros
Wage, team
Cons
Management, Structure
Stay clear - it's a nightmare!
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONNovember 15, 2012
This was the worst career experience of my life. The company is totally dysfunctional. There is no leadership, incompetent management and a shocking lack of professionalism amongst current employees. A lot of desperate people hanging on to dead end jobs in a dying company. Any good, qualified employees have left and joined smaller, regional competitors who are easily winning the business away. Antiquated IT systems, dysfunctional org structure, and antagonistic attitudes between departments. Customers are leaving in droves, and for good reason. The product is overpriced, no value-add provided by sales/customer service and there is absolutely no concern for customer satisfaction.
Pros
it's a paycheque - but only if you're desperate
Cons
incompetent management, toxic work environment, terrible employee morale
Superior
National Credit Analyst - Contract (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 6, 2015
I managed a portfolio of over 500+ active national accounts.
Daily released credit hold, called for payments and reviewed clients for non payments and credit risks. Reprinted invoices and updated aging as required. Account reconciliation was required daily.
Good coworkers, regional management undergoing changes
Bulk Delivery Driver - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 6, 2015
typical day started at 5:30am, first customer usually before 6:30 (where 24 hour access to propane tanks and/or cylinders). Had to maintain a relatively fast, yet steady, pace in order to complete the route. Most days were 12-13 hours long, making family life a challenge with a spouse who works nights. Did enjoy being souly responsible for completing the task.
The hardest part was the customers with more than 15 cylinders requiring filling where lifting into cages was required. The smallest forklift cylinders weigh 55lb(aluminum) or 85lb(steel) when full, the heaviest bottles were around 175lb full (which meant I filled them AFTER putting them in the cage)

Not a job for someone who has previous back problems or carpel tunnel syndrome!!!!

But nice, experienced coworkers, always willing to help troubleshoot issues over the phone. The dispatch system is well organized as it lists the customers in a reasonable, GPS based order, though deviation was sometimes okay to start in the middle of the list in order to deliver to 24 hr access locations or get to busy locations before the delivery sites were crowded and challenging to get access.
Seasonal work that drives you into ground
Operations (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONMarch 16, 2014
Decent pay and national company, but propane seasonality means you bust your butt for 4 months of the year and spend the next 8 hoping to keep your job and fix issues with system.

Top Leadership changes every year it seems, so management always shuffling around to avoid axe falling. They also have a lottery style when picking teams for the following season- if you are not picked you are quickly tossed.

If they can get their work load balance in place and instill a culture of support, could be a good place, but they are still going through a lot of difficulties.

I said it before- horrid winter schedule= burn outs and then you are expected to fix it all come the spring.
Pros
fast paced if you lik that, some very skilled employees, decent wage
Cons
unrealistic leadership, and work pace/seasonality, high turnover of employees
Terrible Management
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  British Columbia / AlbertaFebruary 21, 2014
A typical day is long hours with minimal job satisfaction dealing with rude non co-operative or supportive management that don't appreciate efforts.

I have learned that Superior Propane is not a company I want to work for and am looking elsewhere.

Co-workers have been very helpful despite they deal with the same challenges. Unfortunately I became a sounding board for many employees that just don't think they have options. Withing my first day I had employees coming up to me telling me all the things and people to watch out for and be cautious about. Very toxic environment to work in.

You can do an excellent job but still get terminated because managers have minimal reporting tools to actually guage your performance.

They will short change you on expenses, and have limited commission and bonus tracking tools. You always have to make sure you get paid as agreed or you will lose out.

The hardest part of the job was trying to please direct supervisors that had no idea what was happening in the territory.

THIS IS NOT A COMPANY YOU WANT TO WORK FOR UNLESS YOU ARE DESPERATE.
Pros
reasonable pay but not the best considering the nonsense.
Cons
frustration
not the greatest
Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONFebruary 7, 2014
currently attempting a culture change, however EVERYONE is against all change. the company has NO processes, does not have any work life balance and is just starting to add "world class" into their vocabulary. right now they believe world class is not delivering propane to their customers, not ordering enough supply to deliver on their customers basic needs.
The hardest part of the job is to try to explain to customers why they can not cook and why they have to freeze this winter season.
Have not identified the most enjoyable part of the job yet.
good pay, poor system, on call sucks
Bulk Delivery (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONFebruary 5, 2014
Good pay, short staffed, not enough equipment, poor communication with dispatch, on call sucks, long hours, fellow employees very helpful and nice, routing sucks.
Pros
pay, ot, decent equipment
Cons
long hours, on call, poor management