Superior Propane

Superior Propane Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Big Changes
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJuly 7, 2014
Big changes means little to no job security. No process' and training is limited. When things get rough they hide.
Awesome place to work, co-workers were great to work with, management were awesome to work with
CSR/ Administrator (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJuly 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches, xmas parties
Wonderful place to work, always learning something new. Very busy but fun !
a fun place to work where I have learned a lot of things
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 25, 2014
Pros: free lunches
The company I worked for thought me many things.

I have learned Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and administrative duties as well as many other tasks that formed me today. The experience that I have accumulated there is very important because it helps me find my next job.

The people I worked with were very nice and supportive.
Low Morale/High Staff Turnover
Customer Experience Specialist (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMay 15, 2014
Pros: previous management
Cons: new manager
Really think before you apply to this specific location. While there are many great people you will be working with, there are some that make doing your job well seem impossible.
Reactionaries
Rep (Former Employee), GuelphApril 8, 2014
Pros: clean kitchen
Cons: wrong people in operations and sales
A small issue starts with lies and lack of honesty, I found this place with two issues, one rests in the Operation aspect and the other in the Sales side of this operation.It is unacceptable to have '' Managers'' and assistants working from home and expecting good results, at least not in this business.

For example : If you are a good truck driver – more... then you should stay doing what you are good at don't you think ?…In other words, it is easy to talk the talk but not do the walk..

'' In a war, if a Commander lies to his General about the situation of his troops the war is lost, and that's exactly whats happening here.''

For the investors I have this to say:
You kept the old minds, the same Dinosaurs to lead the New Era ? Well that was a great mistake and I won't be wrong if you still have them working for you.

The only and very positive thing about this place was the kitchen and the good people who cared and never got to get a descent pay cheque, some may be gone by now.

For the ones to come I have this to say:
A bonus for the ones aspiring to get hire by this company are the use of their favourite '' office language'' which include the following words and phrases between many:
*With regards to
*And so on and so forth
*From the business point of view
*Tailgate meeting
* The rule but the exemption

Good luck – less
High Paced - High Volume
Manager Credit and Customer Service (Current Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMarch 22, 2014
Pros: open to change, history of success
Cons: limited cons
Dynamic company with long tenured employees, Even though a long history of success continue to evolve in light of the ever changing business climate.

The companies greatest success story is it's people and how well they work together to cover a large Geographical area. I have been a manager with the company for 7 years and was privileged to be a part – more... of driving the people and company through many changes. – less
Productive and Fun Environment, room to learn and grow
Account Manager (Former Employee), CalgaryMarch 18, 2014
In this position, I would receive client invoices and match them up with tickets and have the invoices mailed out to clients.
Once clients have received their invoice and have made payment to Superior I would then match up the payment amount to the correct invoice.
Seasonal work that drives you into ground
Operations (Former Employee), Guelph, ONMarch 16, 2014
Pros: fast paced if you lik that, some very skilled employees, decent wage
Cons: unrealistic leadership, and work pace/seasonality, high turnover of employees
Decent pay and national company, but propane seasonality means you bust your butt for 4 months of the year and spend the next 8 hoping to keep your job and fix issues with system.

Top Leadership changes every year it seems, so management always shuffling around to avoid axe falling. They also have a lottery style when picking teams for the following – more... season- if you are not picked you are quickly tossed.

If they can get their work load balance in place and instill a culture of support, could be a good place, but they are still going through a lot of difficulties.

I said it before- horrid winter schedule= burn outs and then you are expected to fix it all come the spring. – less
Terrible Management
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), British Columbia / AlbertaFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: reasonable pay but not the best considering the nonsense.
Cons: frustration
A typical day is long hours with minimal job satisfaction dealing with rude non co-operative or supportive management that don't appreciate efforts.

I have learned that Superior Propane is not a company I want to work for and am looking elsewhere.

Co-workers have been very helpful despite they deal with the same challenges. Unfortunately I became – more... a sounding board for many employees that just don't think they have options. Withing my first day I had employees coming up to me telling me all the things and people to watch out for and be cautious about. Very toxic environment to work in.

You can do an excellent job but still get terminated because managers have minimal reporting tools to actually guage your performance.

They will short change you on expenses, and have limited commission and bonus tracking tools. You always have to make sure you get paid as agreed or you will lose out.

The hardest part of the job was trying to please direct supervisors that had no idea what was happening in the territory.

THIS IS NOT A COMPANY YOU WANT TO WORK FOR UNLESS YOU ARE DESPERATE. – less
na
Account Analyst (Former Employee), Thunder BayFebruary 18, 2014
• Perform related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying
• Respond to customer inquiries, maintain good customer relations and solve problems
• Answer correspondence, prepare reports and maintain records and files related to collection work
• Resolve collection issues by making payment – more... arrangements by telephone, mail and registered mail
• Calculate, prepare and issue documents related to accounts suchs as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements and other financial statements using computerized and manual systems – less
not the greatest
Manager (Current Employee), Guelph, ONFebruary 7, 2014
currently attempting a culture change, however EVERYONE is against all change. the company has NO processes, does not have any work life balance and is just starting to add "world class" into their vocabulary. right now they believe world class is not delivering propane to their customers, not ordering enough supply to deliver on their customers basic – more... needs.
The hardest part of the job is to try to explain to customers why they can not cook and why they have to freeze this winter season.
Have not identified the most enjoyable part of the job yet. – less
good pay, poor system, on call sucks
Bulk Delivery (Current Employee), Barrie, ONFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: pay, ot, decent equipment
Cons: long hours, on call, poor management
Good pay, short staffed, not enough equipment, poor communication with dispatch, on call sucks, long hours, fellow employees very helpful and nice, routing sucks.
Great place with professional staff
Controller/Contract Controller (Current Employee), Calgary NENovember 19, 2013
Great company with great co-workers. Leadership is on top of current requirements to move the Company ahead.
Friendly place to work with company luncheons
Payment Processor (Former Employee), Concord, ONAugust 19, 2013
Pros: luncheons
Cons: company moved to calgary
Friendly and enjoyable workplace, managers were exceptional. A high paced environment which allowed me to grow and learn new tasks.
Company luncheons and picnics.
The office re-located to Calgary.
work well as team
Service & Delivery Administrator (Current Employee), Guelph, OntarioMarch 29, 2013
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: no job security
It is a great group of people I work with, we are all willing to help each other. The management has different rules for different people, example flexability of start & finish time, not using all people for special projects even if somebody else is more suited, hardest part of job is staying busy, most enjoyable part is variety of work
Pays well, but too many people making decisions
Bulk Delivery Coordinator, Northern Saskatchewan (Former Employee), Guelph, ONFebruary 28, 2013
Will be better in the future. Very outdated computer system, too many managers all making different decisions, communication needs much improvement.
Decent lunch room
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Guelph, ONFebruary 24, 2013
Cons: everything is disconnected
Co-workers relations is great, really good team work

Work resources and tools to do the work is very disconnected cutting on efficiency and creating bottlenecks
summer BBQ
Pros: summer bbq
Cons: infrastructure poorly implemented
co-workers and team environment was really good

poorly organized and resource platforms very disconnected limiting productivity.
Decent lunch room
Cons: everything is disconnected
Co-workers relations is great, really good team work

This is where you want to be!
Human Resources Advisor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 16, 2013
Wonderful place to work! Great team of people!

Superior Propane is Canada's only national provider of portable fuels, equipment, and service delivered locally to customers in more communities than any other propane company.

January 30, 2013

A blatant, self serving attempt to promote one of the worst employers in the country. Superior Propane's business model is outdated and the management team is dysfunctional and unprofessional. There is widespread anger and frustration across the organization, exacerbated by an incompetent and powerless HR department. Employee turnover is very high, with the most talented people quitting.

About Superior Propane

Knowledgeable and neighbourly service. That’s what the Superior Propane team delivers to its valued residential and commercial – Read more

Superior Propane Photos