Superior Propane

Superior Propane Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Superior
National Credit Analyst - Contract (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 6, 2015
I managed a portfolio of over 500+ active national accounts.
Daily released credit hold, called for payments and reviewed clients for non payments and credit risks. Reprinted invoices and updated aging as required. Account reconciliation was required daily.
Great experience, had a great team to work with.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Calgary ABJune 23, 2015
Pros: Wage, team
Cons: Management, Structure
This was a great experience for myself to deal with major accounts and flourish in my sales capabilities. The only negative factor with this company was its management unable to keep consistent and eventually cut the division I was in.
Work culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), GuelphJune 22, 2015
The company has great benefits for its employees. At work support and help is always available from team leads/supervisors and co-workers
Good coworkers, regional management undergoing changes
Bulk Delivery Driver - Seasonal (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 6, 2015
typical day started at 5:30am, first customer usually before 6:30 (where 24 hour access to propane tanks and/or cylinders). Had to maintain a relatively fast, yet steady, pace in order to complete the route. Most days were 12-13 hours long, making family life a challenge with a spouse who works nights. Did enjoy being souly responsible for completing the task.
The hardest part was the customers with more than 15 cylinders requiring filling where lifting into cages was required. The smallest forklift cylinders weigh 55lb(aluminum) or 85lb(steel) when full, the heaviest bottles were around 175lb full (which meant I filled them AFTER putting them in the cage)

Not a job for someone who has previous back problems or carpel tunnel syndrome!!!!

But nice, experienced coworkers, always willing to help troubleshoot issues over the phone. The dispatch system is well organized as it lists the customers in a reasonable, GPS based order, though deviation was sometimes okay to start in the middle of the list in order to deliver to 24 hr access locations or get to busy locations before the delivery sites were crowded and challenging to get access.
Lots of work, poor direction
National Account Analyst (Former Employee), TorontoMay 5, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers
Cons: Long hours, lack of stability
A typical day at Superior was very challenging as I stepped into a role ill-defined. My co-workers were great people, but the management had little direction. Eventually, the department was moved back to the original location in a budget reduction measure.
Very fast paste - extremely busy
Customer Accounts Team Lead/Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMarch 9, 2015
Very busy with lots of meetings, management does not respect their employees, customers and coworkers were great to work with. It was very stressful.
fun team
Accounts Receivable Administrator (Former Employee), calgaryJanuary 21, 2015
Cons: no promotion
helpful coworker and super supervisor
I had learned few software
enjoyed with team members
I recomend this company to NOBODY in Thunder Bay
Customer Accounts Rep (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONOctober 9, 2014
Pros: former credit/collections manager
Cons: current management and lack of job security
The entirety of Operations will not be in Thunder Bay for long. No security what so ever, and General Manager is Horrid.
This one of the best places i worked
Utilities Administrator & Bulk Truck Driver (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: schedule changes
for me, this environment was terrific. The fact that it is a corporate company has it's effects every now and then. If a person can get past that part, and make the effort to be a team player, the senior co-workers are great to be with. I have made a few long term companions there. The management had on many occasions worked with me to accommodate me with what I needed.
The bonuses and benefits were really good, tho I understand things have changed since I was there.
The only reason why I left was to further myself in a different career choice.
Productive environment to complete your daily work with minimal supervision
Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: mininmal supervision
Cons: long hours, old equipment, out of town work
0800 - 1700
Developed safe driving practices and operated different types of propane related equipment. My manager was very easy to work with and was an advocate for his field staff. Co-workers were 50/50 good and bad. Hardest part of the job was staying motivated, most enjoyable part was it was minimal supervision and I liked working alone.
Big Changes
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJuly 7, 2014
Big changes means little to no job security. No process' and training is limited. When things get rough they hide.
Awesome place to work, co-workers were great to work with, management were awesome to work with
CSR/ Administrator (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJuly 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches, xmas parties
Wonderful place to work, always learning something new. Very busy but fun !
a fun place to work where I have learned a lot of things
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 25, 2014
Pros: free lunches
The company I worked for thought me many things.

I have learned Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and administrative duties as well as many other tasks that formed me today. The experience that I have accumulated there is very important because it helps me find my next job.

The people I worked with were very nice and supportive.
Low Morale/High Staff Turnover
Customer Experience Specialist (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMay 15, 2014
Pros: previous management
Cons: new manager
Really think before you apply to this specific location. While there are many great people you will be working with, there are some that make doing your job well seem impossible.
Reactionaries
Rep (Former Employee), GuelphApril 8, 2014
Pros: clean kitchen
Cons: wrong people in operations and sales
A small issue starts with lies and lack of honesty, I found this place with two issues, one rests in the Operation aspect and the other in the Sales side of this operation.It is unacceptable to have '' Managers'' and assistants working from home and expecting good results, at least not in this business.

For example : If you are a good truck driver then you should stay doing what you are good at don't you think ?…In other words, it is easy to talk the talk but not do the walk..

'' In a war, if a Commander lies to his General about the situation of his troops the war is lost, and that's exactly whats happening here.''

For the investors I have this to say:
You kept the old minds, the same Dinosaurs to lead the New Era ? Well that was a great mistake and I won't be wrong if you still have them working for you.

The only and very positive thing about this place was the kitchen and the good people who cared and never got to get a descent pay cheque, some may be gone by now.

For the ones to come I have this to say:
A bonus for the ones aspiring to get hire by this company are the use of their favourite '' office language'' which include the following words and phrases between many:
*With regards to
*And so on and so forth
*From the business point of view
*Tailgate meeting
* The rule but the exemption

Good luck
Productive and Fun Environment, room to learn and grow
Account Manager (Former Employee), CalgaryMarch 18, 2014
In this position, I would receive client invoices and match them up with tickets and have the invoices mailed out to clients.
Once clients have received their invoice and have made payment to Superior I would then match up the payment amount to the correct invoice.
Seasonal work that drives you into ground
Operations (Former Employee), Guelph, ONMarch 16, 2014
Pros: fast paced if you lik that, some very skilled employees, decent wage
Cons: unrealistic leadership, and work pace/seasonality, high turnover of employees
Decent pay and national company, but propane seasonality means you bust your butt for 4 months of the year and spend the next 8 hoping to keep your job and fix issues with system.

Top Leadership changes every year it seems, so management always shuffling around to avoid axe falling. They also have a lottery style when picking teams for the following season- if you are not picked you are quickly tossed.

If they can get their work load balance in place and instill a culture of support, could be a good place, but they are still going through a lot of difficulties.

I said it before- horrid winter schedule= burn outs and then you are expected to fix it all come the spring.
Terrible Management
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), British Columbia / AlbertaFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: reasonable pay but not the best considering the nonsense.
Cons: frustration
A typical day is long hours with minimal job satisfaction dealing with rude non co-operative or supportive management that don't appreciate efforts.

I have learned that Superior Propane is not a company I want to work for and am looking elsewhere.

Co-workers have been very helpful despite they deal with the same challenges. Unfortunately I became a sounding board for many employees that just don't think they have options. Withing my first day I had employees coming up to me telling me all the things and people to watch out for and be cautious about. Very toxic environment to work in.

You can do an excellent job but still get terminated because managers have minimal reporting tools to actually guage your performance.

They will short change you on expenses, and have limited commission and bonus tracking tools. You always have to make sure you get paid as agreed or you will lose out.

The hardest part of the job was trying to please direct supervisors that had no idea what was happening in the territory.

THIS IS NOT A COMPANY YOU WANT TO WORK FOR UNLESS YOU ARE DESPERATE.
na
Account Analyst (Former Employee), Thunder BayFebruary 18, 2014
• Perform related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying
• Respond to customer inquiries, maintain good customer relations and solve problems
• Answer correspondence, prepare reports and maintain records and files related to collection work
• Resolve collection issues by making payment arrangements by telephone, mail and registered mail
• Calculate, prepare and issue documents related to accounts suchs as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements and other financial statements using computerized and manual systems
not the greatest
Manager (Current Employee), Guelph, ONFebruary 7, 2014
currently attempting a culture change, however EVERYONE is against all change. the company has NO processes, does not have any work life balance and is just starting to add "world class" into their vocabulary. right now they believe world class is not delivering propane to their customers, not ordering enough supply to deliver on their customers basic needs.
The hardest part of the job is to try to explain to customers why they can not cook and why they have to freeze this winter season.
Have not identified the most enjoyable part of the job yet.
Headquarters