Reporting directly to the Market Manager, the Driver I is responsible for the safe and timely delivery of product to our customers. The Driver I will deliver, load and unload propane into the bulk truck and end use containers while providing exceptional customer service. The Driver will also be accountable for upholding the highest standards for safety in the delivery and handling of propane and for conducting regular vehicle inspections and maintenance.
- Transfer, collect, load and deliver propane product to and from containers (bulk truck, tanks and/or cylinders) for customers. Initiate and conduct the asset verification process.
- Leverage technology by utilizing the On Board Truck Computers (OBTC).
- Notify the Delivery Coordinator of route, customer or call frequency changes and adjustments.
- Conduct and maintain the highest standard of safety in all activities and operations ensuring compliance with the regulatory bodies and relevant regulations.
- Maintain equipment to the highest level of safety standards.
- Provide exceptional customer service by promoting the company and its products and services positively and maintaining good customer relations and corporate image.
- Present a respectable and clean corporate image maintaining a clean and organized vehicle.
- Collect customer signature/stamps and payments for deposit if necessary.
- Identify and capitalize on sales opportunities, offers brochures with basic price lists and a contact number.
- High School education.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience.
- Appropriate provincial driver's license (Class 3 or DZ) with an air brake ticket and a clean drivers abstract.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Knowledge and ability to use computers, specifically the on board truck computers.
- In Québec, must have: Category 223 - Bulk Carrier & Handler.
- Fluency in French, both written and verbal, is an asset.
If you are interested in this challenging position, please apply online.
Indeed - 22 months ago