Supply Chain Analyst is a key member of Management and requires a very broad and thorough knowledge of Distribution, Logistics, Customer Service and Transportation and includes both execution and long-range planning.
The Analyst must be a self-starter able to work without close supervision and requires well developed communication skills for both internal and external customers as well as carriers.
This position has high visibility and interfaces with all Groups within the company network. Professional level speaking, writing, and presentation skills are a must. The successful candidate will also be knowledgeable in traditional logistics theory and techniques, with the ability and willingness to learn and adapt to changing distribution & logistics landscapes reflecting current trends and best practices. The candidate must be able to react quickly to distribution & logistics needs and business changes, and will work closely with all departments.
- Manage carriers pricing contracts and rates publication
- Qualify, establish, & develop carriers for servicing broad range of business inclusive of over-the-road, dedicated, intermodal, & LTL and their impact on the business
- Perform RFP’s for dedicated, truckload-over-the-road, intermodal, & LTL and develop and execute rate and capacity strategies
- Serve as the Pricing resource for Operations for new carrier development, expanding current carrier coverage and new business opportunities.
- Take lead position understanding and communicating client’s profitability to all necessary parties through in-depth analysis of both route and individual customer performance and develop successful plans to grow existing business.
- Maintain a full understanding of Data Warehouse including the use of queries in conjunction with customer lists, sales history, financial data.
- Advise, create, and maintain reports to show and measure the key performance indicators of the business
- Provides management with necessary information through estimating and budgeting, risk management, interpretation of project information, variance analysis, trending and forecasting.
- Proactively identifies rate changes and ensures those changes are tracked and reported through the Trend process
- Monitor all incoming requests for pricing (for all transportation modes) from clients, agents and departments, and prepare basic quotes and bid requests to subcontractors.
- Conduct or participate in management meetings
- Assist with Managers in all levels within the Distribution Group.
- Travel may be required to distribution sites
- Design and develop distribution/logistics plans both reactionary and visionary
- Interface with IT, and Operations when designing and/or implementing distribution/logistics plans
- Assist Dispatch should it be required
- Minimum of (3) or more years work experience in the field of logistics management. Carrier or private fleet operations, corporate logistics management, third-party logistics, or a combination thereof will add value
- Understanding of concepts that affect transportation costs, including lane balance, backhaul versus head-haul, seasonal capacity, transit time requirements, freight handling characteristics, etc.
- Understanding of vehicle cube utilization and proper loading techniques;
- Understanding of techniques and theories as it relates to logistics applications, particularly loading-dock operations; receiving, and shipping activities.
- Experienced business computer skills including Power Point, Excel, Word, Outlook, as well as industry or proprietary software
- Thorough knowledge of common logistics related documentation, including Bill of Lading, standard claims forms etc.
- Full understanding of customer demands and needs specific to Company and Company Industry including temperature requirements and frequency of delivery demands, time of delivery restrictions, methods of material handling, Holiday and off season changes.
- Knowledge of all modes of transportation, including comparative differences between various modes, and the effects of those differences
- Knowledgeable in rating and pricing schemes and methods for all transportation modes, as well as the basis for accessorial charges
- Understanding of claims filing and claims handling procedures, including claims reduction techniques
- Proficient at working effectively on many projects at the same time
- Ability to work in a team environment
Indeed - 15 months ago
Superior Logistical Services Inc. currently provides all modes of transportation throughout North America as well as worldwide. Our company...