Reporting to the Manager of Supply and Transportation, the Transportation Analyst is responsible for the analysis and monitoring of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to the transportation of propane. The Transportation Analyst also monitors budget and expenses as it relates to transportation, infrastructure, and compliance metrics related to the safe, efficient, and effective delivery of propane. Utilizing technical knowledge of Excel, Access, and VBA the Transportation Analyst will be responsible for continuous improvement of various systems, processes, and documents.
- Prepare and distribute monthly, quarterly and annual summary reports to key stakeholders at Superior Gas Liquids, Superior Propane, and third party carriers detailing the achievement of key performance indicators. The Transportation Analyst will be responsible for creating a scorecard to track the KPIs, identifying trends, variances and gaps in the data.
- Create weekly volume reports, compare to forecast, and identify trends. Report on supply and demand on a recurring basis to carriers, Superior Gas Liquids, and Superior Propane.
- Create yearly tool for Superior Propane’s Master Supply Agreement. Update and maintain on a daily basis with deals, revisions, actual demand, and report on a regular basis. This includes managing the Sales & Operating Plan.
- Maintain and update various spreadsheets and tools for analysis including truck and rail freight, inventory, landed cost, demurrage and detention reports.
- Monthly reconciliation of accessorial costs for SPI
- Support SGL’s accounting team to streamline payables. Coordinate with vendors and internally to reduce data entry process.
- System administrator for various systems including SecureSheet, Geometrics, and Winfuel.
- Update and analyze information for Superior Gas Liquids’ rail operations; backup to Rail Analyst
- Manage Superior Gas Liquids’ Landed Cost program
- Liase with service providers and consultants to obtain or collect requested information and coordinate the delivery and execution of transportation programs or services.
- Relevant post-secondary education (Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, Finance, Information Technology, or equivalent degree)
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar operations or analyst role.
- Expert computer and technical skills, specifically with Microsoft Office are required (proven skills in Access or Excel using pivot tables, macros, lookups, etc.).
- Previous experience using VBA to automate and simplify business processes
- Ability to work well under pressure in a self-directed environment and deliver to deadlines.
- Strong organizational and priority management skills, with the ability to adapt and respond to changing customer and business demands.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Fluency in French/English, both written and verbal, would be an asset.
If you are interested in this challenging position please apply online. Review of applications will begin immediately and the search will remain open until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 5 months ago