Supercuts

Supercuts Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very likeable career
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONAugust 11, 2012
Pros: very socailable career, flexable hours.
Cons: not enough staff and can extremly overbearing and take up all your personal life.
management was a little lacking when the hiring manager left but, it not the managers fault it was the management aboves responsability to train all new managers regardless to how long they have been working in the organization.
Working at Supercuts
Stylist - Cut (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, WADecember 9, 2014
It was a great job. Lots of great customers and great employees. I just didn't like the management and how the rules changed from each salon. HArdest part of my job was not knowing what I was doing wrong and not being talked to about it. the company is crazy
Good company to work for as a beginning.
Hair stylist & Shift manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2014
Supercuts worked with me and help me refine techniques.
The shop was new when I started, just two us working. We did a little of everything, from book work and scheduling to cleaning and customer development.
The most difficult par the job wasn't return clients schedule I advance.
Great enviornment
Receptionist (Former Employee), La Quinta, CADecember 3, 2014
Pros: everyone was welcoming
Cons: benefits
Everyday i would perpare the chemicals to clean the combs, brushes, and clipper gards. I also prepared the stylist stations such as cleaning, organizing, and stocking with brushes and neck ties. I learned a lot working at supercuts like being a great listener to help reslove cutomers` complaints regarding products or services. Another inportant thing – more... i learned is collecting money from customers, make change, and record transactions on customer receipts. – less
Great atmosphere to work with great co-workers
Hair Stylist/Manager (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDDecember 2, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my day was seeing the happiness on my clients faces! Great co-workers make a huge difference in the work atmosphere. I was lucky to have such amazing employees!
Fun place to work
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMDecember 1, 2014
Cons: short breaks and busy weekends
Working for Supercuts can be very fun when you have co workers that are willing to work as a team. You meet some great customers and become close to some. It is a great work environment and place to work.
A good work environment
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Republic, MONovember 29, 2014
Pros: loved talking to people
Cons: having to count your tips as earned income.
I liked working at Supercuts. I married moved over 50 miles away. To far to drive. At the time the state made it a law that you had to count your tips. I didn't think it was fair, but I'm not going to lie either!! That is my reason for quitting .
used to be a good company to work for,not anymore
Salon manager (Former Employee), ukNovember 27, 2014
Cons: low wages, rarely had a break, long hours
Very busy salons,under paid staff & pressure to make more and more money without reward. Co-workers were great,management in recent months was bad.
Very productive and great place to work
Stylist/Shift Manager/Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 22, 2014
Pros: the value of my work and on going classes that was given to keep my skills atuned .
Cons: other then a turn over rate of employees nothing was to negative.
Typical day at work was team work and great customer service from everyone. I learned many productive skills to carry on through out my career as a hair stylist. Many classes were given to encourage us to better and tone our skills in the business. I got along with my co-workers we worked as a team. The times when the shop didn't have the workers we – more... needed to function properly since at times there was turn over rate. The most enjoyable part of my job was the pride I got from it giving someone a great experience and making them leave feeling good that they felt and looked better to themselves. – less
This job made me dislike doing hair.
HAIR STYLIST AND SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee), Vancouver, WANovember 17, 2014
Pros: tips, being creative
Cons: hours, denied vacation, hourly pay
The company itself does not care about you as a person.All they care about is making money. They will make you come in when you have the flu, the chicken pox, they do not care about your well being. They will not give time off and will not pay out vacation time which causes you to lose your hard earned vacation days. Working with all women who are catty – more... is not fun either. It is hard to not get talked about. – less
Good place to work.
Manager - Assistant/Interim (Former Employee), South East, ENGLANDNovember 14, 2014
Pros: challenges, job satisfaction, sense of achievement
Cons: stylist role not as rewarding, pay is appalling for the work that goes in.
A non stop hairdressing enviroment, don't go in to it with lack of experience and confidence in hairdressing. The company has huge sucess but with that comes huge expectation, if you go for a manager role be prepared to work hard and off your own iniative, the support is there but the regional managers will rely on you to get on with the job.
I loved – more... working for Supercuts, and would go back any day if the money was better. – less
Enjoy meeting new people
Shift Manager/Stylist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 11, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: seasonal profit
Provide haircare services and retail product. I love meeting new people from all around the world and learning about them and where they are from. My coworker got alone for the most part with very interest and out going personallities. The hardest part of my job was traveling between different stores at the last mintue.
Alot of fun and hardworkers.
Hair Stylist/ Shift Manager (Former Employee), Chelmsford, MANovember 11, 2014
Pros: fun, learn alot, always busy
Cons: must make numbers, can't have family problems or be out because of them
Supercuts is a franchise so you are more of a number then an actual asset as a person. The supercuts team was amazing women but the above management does not care about them individually. They just look at you as a number to raise their numbers.
Fun and ejoyable work environment
Hairstylist/Key holder/Shift Manager (Former Employee), Oceanside, CANovember 8, 2014
Typical day would be opening store, preparing salon for the day. Making sure we are well stocked with clean implements for guests. Performing haircuts/color through out day.
I've learned a lot at supercuts. I believe in their foundation and their techniques to carry out a specific look.
Friendly working environment
Senior Stylist (Former Employee), ACTNovember 7, 2014
Cut, colour and styling, customer service and retail. Cleaning
Supercuts is a pretty good to start out as a new stylist
Hair Stylist (Current Employee), Newport News, VANovember 5, 2014
Pros: paid on going training to keep up with the newest trends
Cons: short or no break because of busy business.
A typical day can range anyways from me standing and walking around a chair, talking to clients about their hair needs. Talking with coworkers about the day. Same days I go with out a meal break because we are that busy. But the joy in the client's eye when they walk out with the new style or color is worth it.b
Great work enviroment
Hair stylist (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNNovember 5, 2014
Pros: knowledge
A great work experience. Fun days with lots of productivity. enjoyed the experience.
Supercuts was a good starting place in the salon industry
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 28, 2014
Pros: nice clientele
Cons: not busy enough
I was ready to work somewhere a little more edgy. Overall it was a good experience and I learned a lot.
Most professional place to get your hair cut for all hair textures
Barber Stylist (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NcOctober 20, 2014
“Great place to learn and grow your skills. I learned a LOT, and worked with some of the smartest people on earth.”
Relaxed Workplace with nice customers
Barber Stylist (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, North CarolinaOctober 20, 2014
A typical day at super cuts was really calm and relaxed, sometimes busy depending on the weather,

1 2 3 4 5

About Supercuts

Although Supercuts styles itself as a neighborhood unisex hair salon, the chain targets male clients who want convenience (no – Read more