Sunwing Vacations

Sunwing Vacations Employee Reviews in Canada

Amazing company!
Special Services Coordinator Intern (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONApril 30, 2016
Sunwing Vacations was an amazing place to do an internship for. I was always learning something new everyday and my coworkers were so open and welcoming. The management was amazing, they made me feel comfortable if I ever wanted to talk to them. They always made me feel as if I was really part of the team. The hardest part of the job was probably having to tell a passenger "no" to a certain request or not being able to get hotel requests done in time. The most enjoyable part was that it was extremely rewarding.
Fun workplace, good benefits, nice people.
Customer Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 15, 2015
Love the job, the workplace, lots of staff activities multiple times a month. Very nice atmosphere and fun coworkers. Good travel benefits but the salary is so-so.
Just want to grow and dont care for their employees
production (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 24, 2015
This company is really about their bottom line. No organization and just work overload without a thanks. The management in one department is completely involved in their needs and their work travels do not care about the unhappy employees that go into work everyday because they need the money.
Pros
free hotel stays
Cons
management
Challenging
Sales Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2016
This position not only lets you acknowledge something new everyday, but you also learn something new about yourself everyday such as; your strengths and weaknesses.

You exceed your skills expecting what you weren't aware you could do at this industry.

There are ups and downs working with this company because you deal with difficult people and sometimes the nicest people.

This position helped me gain my confidence more.
Great fraud detection experience
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Learned a lot from this company and recommend anyone who wants to get into fraud detection to join this company. Enjoyed working with the managers and coworkers. Everyone is polite and friendly
An Average Day In The Office
Customer Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 10, 2015
A typical day in the office would be starting at 9am and working individually on the claims we receive. During the time we are working on the claims, we are also working with our problem solving skills, and providing excellent customer service to our clients. Our office is not a call center, but we do receive many calls that we must attend, in order to keep our clients satisfied.

The department I currently work for is very team oriented. Everyone provides each other with great assistance when needed.

I do not think there is a hard part of the job, as there is a solution to almost everything. When I do need assistance, I go directly to my Senior Manager in order to come up with a solution.

During my time with my current employer, my writing skills have became stronger, as well as my interpersonal skills.

It is a very enjoyable place to work, as the work environment is very easy going. My colleagues are also very friendly.

By the end of the work day, we are required to close a minimum of 8-10 files/claims. In my case, I usually close 15-20 per day.
Great workplace
ACCOUNTING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 4, 2012
Very good work environment. Management is excellent and there is work/life balance.Everone is treated with respectand dignity which has resulted in a focused unified team of individuals all working towards common goals.
Great place to work with chance to stay see the World!
Customer service agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2012
I work as a reservation agent in Sunwings Call Centre. It's great because I have the opportunity to talk to both public and Agents to help them find "the perfect destination get a way" While helping others find their way, I too get to explore these destinations to help serve our customers better! This job also takes lots of paitence, which is a good thing I have, and has high and fast call volume so I have learned to work at a fast pace!!
Pros
cheap travel and discounted flights, smal office so get to know fellow co workers
Cons
the pay in slow season is low and hard to live off of

Comment – September 26, 2012

Hello, i am considering in applying at sunwing for the same postion as you. just wondering how the hours are and if you are allowed to choose part time or full time? and also how is the interview process?

Reservation agent
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 17, 2014
I would take incoming calls from passenger’s and travel agent and assist them with existing bookings or new reservations. I
Productive and family oriented
Sales Centre Supervisors (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 12, 2014
The hardest part of the job was making sure that all the clients were answered in a restricted time frame according to the standards established by the company.

The people we work with are great and it makes the day very enjoyable.

My typical day at work is answering calls, helping my team, handling escalated calls, manage employees in all assets.
Environnement de travail agréable
agent réservation (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 8, 2016
L'environnement de travail de Vacance Sunwing est très agréable grace à l'entraîde et la communication exemplaire entre employés et employeurs. Les gens sont toujours là pour s'appuyer et s'entraîder dans toutes les situations. L'aspect le plus difficile du poste était malheureusement de rester assis en place et de parler au téléphone toute la journée.. Je suis à la recherche de quelque chose de nouveau ou il est possible d'avoir de l'intéraction directe avec les clients !