Sunwest Screen Graphics Employee Reviews

always work under pressure....
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 August 2017
the 'boss' keeps on pestering you to work fast, without considering the mistakes you might commit. when something goes wrong with your work, you are to blame NOT the 'boss'...
Pros
drinks are on the house ($5/mo)
Cons
you are never correct...
Great Company
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 June 2017
Sunwest has been a tremendous company to work for.
They always give you the tools you need to succeed in your position regardless of where you are working within the plant.
They make work feel like home and they become your family.
They have lots of fun activities and they recognize your good work.
Sunwest has great core values and they stick to them. If you have a bright idea they will review and implement if feasible.

I would recommend this work place to anyone.
Pros
Great atmosphere, family oriented, understanding, BBQ/Pizza lunches, Awards.
Cons
Spikes in larger than normal work loads which can lead to high stress.
Great employer to work for!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 November 2016
Excellent company to work for. Team first, welcoming attitude from the moment I started working. Awesome culture in the front office and great working conditions.

Customer is service is top priority and we are all trained and encouraged to meet those expectations.

Fast paced, always something new going on to learn while on the job.

Management supports and encourages bright ideas, Kaizens, etc. from employees and hosts events throughout the year like Staff Awards, employee functions, bbq/pizza lunches, which shows that they want to give back to their staff.

Lots of different types of jobs available and I would recommend this employer to anyone who is looking for work from manufacturing to admin/customer service work.
Plant Worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 November 2016
Management is open to new ideas and will act on them. Great place to work. They are always looking at ways to improve processes.
Great place to work! Great management support.
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 November 2016
Fast paced environment where hard work and dedication is strongly recognized. Great management support, encourages ALL to come up with bright ideas to continuously improve. Company is recognized and respected in the industry for its customer service and quality products.

Fun environment to work and very supportive co-workers.

Great company perks like monthly bbq's, pizza days, staff appreciation functions, and formal awards dinner. Bonuses are handed out based on profitability.
Pros
Great management support, employee perks, fun work environment, challenging but rewarding
Cons
It gets extremely busy at times. Unpredictable spike in customer demands.
Excellent company to work for
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 November 2016
Sunwest is a great company to work for - I have moved up within this company over my career - many opportunities for advancement if you have the right attitude. Customer service is top priority, both internally and externally.

Lots of overtime available for all during peak times, and during slower times there is cross training and kaizens to be a part of. Lean manufacturing is important to the company, so everyone is drawn upon to bring their bright ideas to the table.

Management listens to ideas and always striving to improve themselves and the organization.

On site gym, flu shots, pizza days and summer BBQ's show they care.
Fast-pace/independent work environment
CSR (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 April 2016
Management was great/understanding, co-workers were as helpful as they could be (with their own workload being hectic). I felt like I would get confidant in completing my workload/feel good about my work done, only to be told later in the week/the following week I did something wrong while completing it. It was very enjoyable, until the mistakes added up.
Pros
Shared "free lunch" once a month, pay $5 into it.
Cons
Not knowing of mistakes until they are further out.
Not Recommended
Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 November 2015
Fun and exciting place to work at first, but once something goes wrong, all the blame shifts to the newest employee, even if they're still in training. Co workers will not hesitate to throw others under the bus, and everyone is in it for themselves. No raises, and nearly minimum wage for a job that requires a good education and college level diploma. Don't waste your time.
Pros
Fun work, casual atmosphere
Cons
Everything else
Busy
Photo Stencil Operator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 February 2014
My shift is every Friday Saturday and Sunday from 6:45 am to 7 pm and my job is to remove the image on the screen used to print off of. To do this I use a pressure washer and various chemicals to clear the screen of old images. Management and co-workers at sunwest are all very friendly and helpful and easy to work with and get along with.
Very fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 January 2013
There is always something to do in the office here, it made the days feel like they went by really fast. This is a large wholesale distributor therefore I used alot of different types of reports and programs to help me enter in as many orders as possible.
Poor pay, great benefits, not much of future.
Printer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 December 2012
I worked for this company for 10 years, and was locked into a position there with no chance for movement within the company. Though the fellow co-workers were great the never ceasing demand for overtime was the only thing as brutal as the pay. Not a great career choice.
benefits
Cons
constant pestering for overtime, poor salary