Sunrise Soya Foods
729 Powell Street V6A1H5 Vancouver
Invites applications from suitable qualified persons for the position of:
Production Associate – Labourer, Food Manufacturing/Processing (NOC: 9617)
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time (Overtime)
Salary: $13.00 Hourly, for 40.00 Hours per week
Anticipated Start Date: 2013/04/15
Work Location Information: Urban area (Vancouver – Downtown Eastside)
Location: Vancouver, BC Work Setting: Food Manufacturing/Processing Facility
Transportation/Travel Information: Public transportation is available
This is an afternoon/ night shift position that is responsible for assisting leadhands to complete the daily production plan and ensuring that all products made meets the Company’s product quality standards. The incumbent is also responsible for filling out load tags and transferring finished products to the Shipping Department. This position is located at our production facility at 729 Powell Street, Vancouver (Downtown East Side - Urban Area - Public transportation available)
MAJOR POSITION ACOUNTABILITIES
- Reports any production abnormalities to Production Leadhands, such as unsafe working condition, machinery problems, product quality problems or problems with raw materials / supplies.
- Exercises Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Adheres to company working standards.
- Maintains cleanliness and tidiness of the production floor and soybean unloading area.
- Follows work safe procedures and wears protective equipment as required.
- Ensures that no production supplies and materials are kept directly on the floor.
- Ensures all production supplies and materials are closed and sealed with tape after use.
- Teamwork with other employees and Leadhands to meet the daily scheduled production volume.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Production Leadhands and Production Management Team.
- Available for afternoon/ night shifts – end time ranging from 12:30 am to 3:30 am.
- Available on Saturdays and Sundays, Working in the production plant 100% of the time.
- Required to lift 25 – 60 lbs material, Exposure to loud noises and wet working environment.
- Required to wear a uniform, safety boots and other personal protective equipment (provided) during work.
- Some experience in working in a food manufacturing plant is an asset.
- Some experience in working in an assembly line.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, Good teamwork and team player
- Physically fit, English language is an asset, Knowledge of written and verbal Chinese an asset
How to Apply: Send your resume and cover letter by fax 604-254-2828 or indeed.ca e-mail.
Indeed - 22 months ago