Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and busy but fun workplace
Registered Care Aide (Current Employee), British ColumbiaMay 4, 2016
Pros: Free uniforms
Cons: Job security
I work 8 hours 4x a week , I learned so many skills as care aide since I started 4 years ago. I have a good working relationship with co- workers, the hardest part when no one is replaced when there's sick calls but we manage and the fun part when residents participate in social activities.
Fun Place to Work
Care Manager (Former Employee), Oakville, ONApril 11, 2016
At Sunrise, we provide individualized senior care in a safe, nurturing, warm environment. Since the beginning, our mission has been clear: To champion the quality of life for all seniors. We believe in the power of today, and strive to provide opportunities for our residents to Live with Purpose each and every day.
fun
Night Care Assistant (Former Employee), ManchesterApril 22, 2016
Pros: free lunch
Cons: a lot of manual handling involved
enjoyed working there as a support worker. the team work was great and the management was good. got to know the residents quite well and a lot of staff stayed at the job for a long time. it was fun working there though there was a lot of manual handling involved.
Productive and fun workplace
Care Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, ONApril 5, 2016
Working for Sunrise Senior Living was a very positive experience. My coworkers were very helpful and worked as a team to complete care. It was a very fast paced environment to work in, however, the clients, my coworkers and the management team were great.
Productive and good place to work
Care Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMay 19, 2015
Pros: lots of hours to work
Cons: need more hands on
My typical day of work is busy and I have to have manage well my time to accomplish my work load. I can count on my co-workers for assistance in transfers etc. The hardest part of my job is the waiting for assistance with my transfers, we need more people on floor. I enjoy to be with my residents and to listen to their stories and accomplishments
Disappointing
Management (Former Employee), TorontoMay 21, 2015
Pros: Great staff
Cons: Run by people who just see $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I worked in a Management position for this company. From the first day I walked in the door there were staffing cuts . This continued throughout the 6 months I was there. The services they advertised were slowly becoming non existant. You would walk into work and by the end of the shift someone would say, "hey I guess I will be seeing you around, my post has been made redundant"

I worked sometimes up to 14 hours willingly, just trying to catch up and bring things up to date. It was a never ending journey. At the end of it all I had injured the muscles in both my arms, I was burnt out , I literally sat on the couch to take my shoes off when I got home and woke up the next morning in the same position.

Decisions regarding cuts to services and staffing were mnade by people sitting in their comfy offices who just saw dollar signs.
Sunrise is an Assisted Living community
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great facility
Cons: was not there long
Assist client with activities of daily living including but not limited to light house keeping, bathing, grooming, dressing, feeding, ambulation and range of motion.

I learned that I truly enjoy in working with the aged. Ensuring a positive and safe environment in which there individuality, needs, and wants are meet and respected.

Management was nice, professional, and friendly.

The hardest part of the job was when an individual passed away.

The most rewarding part of the job was spending time with each individual learning their story.
Care Manager (Current Employee), TorontoJune 19, 2015
Great place to work, great workplace environment, friendly staff and team oriented, excellent benefits unionized. there is a lack of advancement but overall is a excellent career opportunity
Fun workplace
Caregiver (Current Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCMay 6, 2015
A typical day at Sunrise Senior Living is joyous, the staff always works as a team, the management is always there for what ever needs I have. The hardest part of my job, is not being there long enough to help out more.
Good job but a little tiring at times
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 4, 2015
Good working environment, friendly staff, and flexible hours. Hardest part of the job is multitasking your responsibilities. The most enjoyable part is sitting and listening to the residents.
Productive with valuable experience to take care and think about the feelings of people with dementia
Activity and Volunteer Coordinator Co-op, (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 4, 2014
Pros: continuous learning
Cons: sometimes too emotional
My typical day started with planning activities either in group or one to one to enhance the physical, mental and spiritual well being of seniors.Assisted other staff members aiming common goal that is quality life for seniors. I learned about taking initiative for engaging residents in something that makes them feel productive and also I learned to deal with patients of dementia through training sessions and experience in reminiscence. I found the most challenging part of this job is engaging residents in group activities so, I tried different activities with other co-workers and encourage residents to participate. Most enjoyable part of this job is unforgettable memories by sharing experiences of life with various person.
Sunrise assisted living
Care management team (co-op placement) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 13, 2014
My experience i gained from this company was unbelievable. I witnessed the ups and downs of this field and i must say, its very rewarding. This business is very professional, yet very personal. They go above and beyond to make their residents feel at home as much as possible.
Honourable mission statement
Health Care Coodinator (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 26, 2014
Pros: homelike environment
Cons: at times policy took precedence over people
Very busy, home like environment. Most enjoyed the one on one and small group time with the residents just getting to know them personally and hearing about who they where and what was important to them. Frontline staff where amazingly in touch with the residents needs and went over and above to give the residents the best quality of life they could.
Sunrise Village Nursing Home
Sunrise Village Nursing Home (Former Employee), High River, ABOctober 26, 2015
Pros: It's a happy and rewarding enviroment
Cons: Can be stressful depending on the day, you expect those in Health Care
It is a very fast paced environment where you are always thinking ahead. Your time management is very important. You are always learning, there is no such thing as a boring day because you never experience the exact same thing everyday. The management has done a very good job. It is a very difficult place to be in. It can be stressful but they are always there to put everyone's needs first as a priority. Coworkers you need to be able to work with as a team. You need to be understanding and respectful. Coworkers at sunrise were fun but focused. We learned how to work with eachother so we could benefit the residents and their families. We learned how to appreciate the bad days because you learn from them. At the end of the day the hardest part is saying goodbye. You never know what to expect at your next report. You need to be heavy hearted and mindful to what you expect the next day to be like. You enjoy getting to know the residents, their likes and dislikes, how to accommodate them in their lives. You learn privacy and information protection. You learn how to be a friend and a caregiver at the same time, and you learn your job is not always considered a job when you enjoy it. You develop a family and it really gives meaning to "do unto others as you would have done to yourself.".
It's a good place to expand your learning in health care. You work long hours but they go by fast when you keep yourself busy, which tends to be easy. Everyday is a new and exciting day that can be challenging but to appreciate it you need to enjoy the ups and downs.
bad
care manager (Former Employee), Burlington, Ontario CanadaMarch 24, 2012
Pros: non
Cons: terrible place to work...
Horrible place to work, Burlington, Ontario...Bad pay, short 3 hour shifts, when hired for part-time they neglect to acknowledge the benefits that your entitled to.
Managers act fake, and don't really care about you..
Stay away!!!
not what I expected
Student PSW (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 27, 2014
Cons: not as advertised
they promised you a lot and did not fully advertise what you were getting into would not recommend them to anyone
Feels like a family.
Sunrise Senior Living, Mississauga, CO-OP (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: feel part of the family.
Cons: salary to low for the responsabilities.
I loved to work with the Residents.
I loved the personel.
I loved everithing about the place.
nursing home
Co-op and volunteered at Sunrise senior living (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONApril 5, 2014
Pros: build my experience
Cons: no cons
I worked with residence that had Alzheimer's. Responsible for activities, feeding, games and trips as a helper.
Very good way to interact with elders
Significant Volunteer Work (Current Employee), Markham, ONJune 10, 2014
Very good way to interact with elders.
Very nice people
Well organized company
Nice facility
Care Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, ONJuly 19, 2012
Pros: friendly people
Cons: lots of work not much pay
Tired at the end of shift but knowing tht I made a change in one of seniors life is rewarding.
Headquarters