Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive with valuable experience to take care and think about the feelings of people with dementia
Activity and Volunteer Coordinator Co-op, (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 4, 2014
Pros: continuous learning
Cons: sometimes too emotional
My typical day started with planning activities either in group or one to one to enhance the physical, mental and spiritual well being of seniors.Assisted other staff members aiming common goal that is quality life for seniors. I learned about taking initiative for engaging residents in something that makes them feel productive and also I learned to – more... deal with patients of dementia through training sessions and experience in reminiscence. I found the most challenging part of this job is engaging residents in group activities so, I tried different activities with other co-workers and encourage residents to participate. Most enjoyable part of this job is unforgettable memories by sharing experiences of life with various person. – less
Sunrise assisted living
Care management team (co-op placement) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 13, 2014
My experience i gained from this company was unbelievable. I witnessed the ups and downs of this field and i must say, its very rewarding. This business is very professional, yet very personal. They go above and beyond to make their residents feel at home as much as possible.
not what I expected
Student PSW (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 27, 2014
Cons: not as advertised
they promised you a lot and did not fully advertise what you were getting into would not recommend them to anyone
No comment
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONSeptember 3, 2014
Learned how to become a good team member and sometimes a leader.
Very good way to interact with elders
Significant Volunteer Work (Current Employee), Markham, ONJune 10, 2014
Very good way to interact with elders.
Very nice people
Well organized company
Honourable mission statement
Health Care Coodinator (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 26, 2014
Pros: homelike environment
Cons: at times policy took precedence over people
Very busy, home like environment. Most enjoyed the one on one and small group time with the residents just getting to know them personally and hearing about who they where and what was important to them. Frontline staff where amazingly in touch with the residents needs and went over and above to give the residents the best quality of life they could.
nursing home
Co-op and volunteered at Sunrise senior living (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONApril 5, 2014
Pros: build my experience
Cons: no cons
I worked with residence that had Alzheimer's. Responsible for activities, feeding, games and trips as a helper.
Feels like a family.
Sunrise Senior Living, Mississauga, CO-OP (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: feel part of the family.
Cons: salary to low for the responsabilities.
I loved to work with the Residents.
I loved the personel.
I loved everithing about the place.
Nice facility
Care Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, ONJuly 19, 2012
Pros: friendly people
Cons: lots of work not much pay
Tired at the end of shift but knowing tht I made a change in one of seniors life is rewarding.
Good working relationship
License Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 19, 2012
enjoy working with seniors,learned a lot,the management is supportive
bad
care manager (Former Employee), Burlington, Ontario CanadaMarch 24, 2012
Pros: non
Cons: terrible place to work...
Horrible place to work, Burlington, Ontario...Bad pay, short 3 hour shifts, when hired for part-time they neglect to acknowledge the benefits that your entitled to.
Managers act fake, and don't really care about you..
Stay away!!!

About Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living’s unique resident-centered services are delivered by a team trained to encourage independence, preserve – Read more

Sunrise Senior Living Photos