Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive with valuable experience to take care and think about the feelings of people with dementia
Activity and Volunteer Coordinator Co-op, (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 4, 2014
Pros: continuous learning
Cons: sometimes too emotional
My typical day started with planning activities either in group or one to one to enhance the physical, mental and spiritual well being of seniors.Assisted other staff members aiming common goal that is quality life for seniors. I learned about taking initiative for engaging residents in something that makes them feel productive and also I learned to deal with patients of dementia through training sessions and experience in reminiscence. I found the most challenging part of this job is engaging residents in group activities so, I tried different activities with other co-workers and encourage residents to participate. Most enjoyable part of this job is unforgettable memories by sharing experiences of life with various person.
Sunrise assisted living
Care management team (co-op placement) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 13, 2014
My experience i gained from this company was unbelievable. I witnessed the ups and downs of this field and i must say, its very rewarding. This business is very professional, yet very personal. They go above and beyond to make their residents feel at home as much as possible.
not what I expected
Student PSW (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 27, 2014
Cons: not as advertised
they promised you a lot and did not fully advertise what you were getting into would not recommend them to anyone
No comment
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONSeptember 3, 2014
Learned how to become a good team member and sometimes a leader.
Very good way to interact with elders
Significant Volunteer Work (Current Employee), Markham, ONJune 10, 2014
Very good way to interact with elders.
Very nice people
Well organized company
Honourable mission statement
Health Care Coodinator (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 26, 2014
Pros: homelike environment
Cons: at times policy took precedence over people
Very busy, home like environment. Most enjoyed the one on one and small group time with the residents just getting to know them personally and hearing about who they where and what was important to them. Frontline staff where amazingly in touch with the residents needs and went over and above to give the residents the best quality of life they could.
nursing home
Co-op and volunteered at Sunrise senior living (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONApril 5, 2014
Pros: build my experience
Cons: no cons
I worked with residence that had Alzheimer's. Responsible for activities, feeding, games and trips as a helper.
Feels like a family.
Sunrise Senior Living, Mississauga, CO-OP (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: feel part of the family.
Cons: salary to low for the responsabilities.
I loved to work with the Residents.
I loved the personel.
I loved everithing about the place.
Nice facility
Care Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, ONJuly 19, 2012
Pros: friendly people
Cons: lots of work not much pay
Tired at the end of shift but knowing tht I made a change in one of seniors life is rewarding.
Good working relationship
License Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 19, 2012
enjoy working with seniors,learned a lot,the management is supportive
bad
care manager (Former Employee), Burlington, Ontario CanadaMarch 24, 2012
Pros: non
Cons: terrible place to work...
Horrible place to work, Burlington, Ontario...Bad pay, short 3 hour shifts, when hired for part-time they neglect to acknowledge the benefits that your entitled to.
Managers act fake, and don't really care about you..
Stay away!!!
fun work place, coworkers and bosses are friendly
Medication Aide (Current Employee), Westfield, NJJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: rate is pretty good
Cons: expensive healthcare benefits when you have kids
A typical day at work is reading the daily log book to check any updates, new order of the medicine, check the medication administration record for any new order and discontinued meds.
I learned how to manage my time.
My coworkers are helpful and nice
The hardest part of the job is when the staff are short.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when i give the residents the best care and see their smile on their faces.
Great place to work for passionate people!
Life Enrichment Manager (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 26, 2015
This is a great place for people seeking a job they can be passionate about. I stress the work passionate a great deal because this job does not pay that well. The company does try to make up for it with parties and gifts, but (as much as this sounds like a Hallmak card) the real pay check comes from the work you do with the residents whom make everyday working there worth it. The culture is strong here and it really is like a second home. No day is ever the same so it keeps you on your toes and in all my years working for Sunrise, I have never had a boring work week, let alone a boring work day.
Just a paycheck type place
Reminiscence Care Manager (Former Employee), Yorba Linda, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Cons: everything
Overworked underpaid. terrible place to work. would never return. boss is lousy in memory care unit.
Horrible
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no lunch breaks
Was constantly doing my job and other people's jobs. Management said they would do something about it and they never did. Director was never there. Facility had gone through 2 executive directors in the past year. Is on probation from the corporate office. Horribly disorganized. Staff gets away with everything. Love the residents though. When I interviewed was told I would make one amount & ended up being paid a lower amount.
run away fast as u can!!
Care Manager (Former Employee), Palos Heights, ILJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: helping the elderly
Cons: low pay, bad management, co- workers was horrible
This place really is horrible the ED was not management material the coordinator's gossip about the care managers just an overall horrible place they make it seem like it's all good until you get behind them doors then all **** break loose...
very unprofessional environment
Lead Cook (Former Employee), Severna Park, MDJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: no chance for advancement
The dining management is like a virus or a plague. If you don't brown nose they target you for termination. Very unprofessional employees especially the management team. director is very untrustworthy. Would not recommended the severna park location to anyone.
productive work place
Lead Caregiver (Former Employee), Bloomfield Hills, MIJanuary 19, 2015
sunrise is a nice community to work in very nice kind loving people. learned and gained a lot of patience working there. the most enjoyable time us the job is getting to know the residents personally.the hardest part about the job is losing patients.
great
Caregiver/Med Aide (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAJanuary 16, 2015
It was a great starter job for me , learned a lot, atmosphere was great and people were very nice.
Warm and loving environment with happy employees
Wellness Nurse (Former Employee), Carmel, INJanuary 15, 2015
Going to work at Sunrise Senior Living was one of the best places to work with the elderly and I have worked in other places that don't quite measure up to a great company.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living’s unique resident-centered services are delivered by a team trained to encourage independence, preserve – Read more

Sunrise Senior Living Photos