Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Care Manager (Current Employee), TorontoJune 19, 2015
Great place to work, great workplace environment, friendly staff and team oriented, excellent benefits unionized. there is a lack of advancement but overall is a excellent career opportunity
Disappointing
Management (Former Employee), TorontoMay 21, 2015
Pros: Great staff
Cons: Run by people who just see $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I worked in a Management position for this company. From the first day I walked in the door there were staffing cuts . This continued throughout the 6 months I was there. The services they advertised were slowly becoming non existant. You would walk into work and by the end of the shift someone would say, "hey I guess I will be seeing you around, my post has been made redundant"

I worked sometimes up to 14 hours willingly, just trying to catch up and bring things up to date. It was a never ending journey. At the end of it all I had injured the muscles in both my arms, I was burnt out , I literally sat on the couch to take my shoes off when I got home and woke up the next morning in the same position.

Decisions regarding cuts to services and staffing were mnade by people sitting in their comfy offices who just saw dollar signs.
Productive and good place to work
Care Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMay 19, 2015
Pros: lots of hours to work
Cons: need more hands on
My typical day of work is busy and I have to have manage well my time to accomplish my work load. I can count on my co-workers for assistance in transfers etc. The hardest part of my job is the waiting for assistance with my transfers, we need more people on floor. I enjoy to be with my residents and to listen to their stories and accomplishments
Fun workplace
Caregiver (Current Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCMay 6, 2015
A typical day at Sunrise Senior Living is joyous, the staff always works as a team, the management is always there for what ever needs I have. The hardest part of my job, is not being there long enough to help out more.
Good job but a little tiring at times
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 4, 2015
Good working environment, friendly staff, and flexible hours. Hardest part of the job is multitasking your responsibilities. The most enjoyable part is sitting and listening to the residents.
Sunrise is an Assisted Living community
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great facility
Cons: was not there long
Assist client with activities of daily living including but not limited to light house keeping, bathing, grooming, dressing, feeding, ambulation and range of motion.

I learned that I truly enjoy in working with the aged. Ensuring a positive and safe environment in which there individuality, needs, and wants are meet and respected.

Management was nice, professional, and friendly.

The hardest part of the job was when an individual passed away.

The most rewarding part of the job was spending time with each individual learning their story.
Productive with valuable experience to take care and think about the feelings of people with dementia
Activity and Volunteer Coordinator Co-op, (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 4, 2014
Pros: continuous learning
Cons: sometimes too emotional
My typical day started with planning activities either in group or one to one to enhance the physical, mental and spiritual well being of seniors.Assisted other staff members aiming common goal that is quality life for seniors. I learned about taking initiative for engaging residents in something that makes them feel productive and also I learned to deal with patients of dementia through training sessions and experience in reminiscence. I found the most challenging part of this job is engaging residents in group activities so, I tried different activities with other co-workers and encourage residents to participate. Most enjoyable part of this job is unforgettable memories by sharing experiences of life with various person.
Sunrise assisted living
Care management team (co-op placement) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 13, 2014
My experience i gained from this company was unbelievable. I witnessed the ups and downs of this field and i must say, its very rewarding. This business is very professional, yet very personal. They go above and beyond to make their residents feel at home as much as possible.
not what I expected
Student PSW (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 27, 2014
Cons: not as advertised
they promised you a lot and did not fully advertise what you were getting into would not recommend them to anyone
No comment
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONSeptember 3, 2014
Learned how to become a good team member and sometimes a leader.
Very good way to interact with elders
Significant Volunteer Work (Current Employee), Markham, ONJune 10, 2014
Very good way to interact with elders.
Very nice people
Well organized company
Honourable mission statement
Health Care Coodinator (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 26, 2014
Pros: homelike environment
Cons: at times policy took precedence over people
Very busy, home like environment. Most enjoyed the one on one and small group time with the residents just getting to know them personally and hearing about who they where and what was important to them. Frontline staff where amazingly in touch with the residents needs and went over and above to give the residents the best quality of life they could.
nursing home
Co-op and volunteered at Sunrise senior living (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONApril 5, 2014
Pros: build my experience
Cons: no cons
I worked with residence that had Alzheimer's. Responsible for activities, feeding, games and trips as a helper.
Feels like a family.
Sunrise Senior Living, Mississauga, CO-OP (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: feel part of the family.
Cons: salary to low for the responsabilities.
I loved to work with the Residents.
I loved the personel.
I loved everithing about the place.
Nice facility
Care Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, ONJuly 19, 2012
Pros: friendly people
Cons: lots of work not much pay
Tired at the end of shift but knowing tht I made a change in one of seniors life is rewarding.
Good working relationship
License Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 19, 2012
enjoy working with seniors,learned a lot,the management is supportive
bad
care manager (Former Employee), Burlington, Ontario CanadaMarch 24, 2012
Pros: non
Cons: terrible place to work...
Horrible place to work, Burlington, Ontario...Bad pay, short 3 hour shifts, when hired for part-time they neglect to acknowledge the benefits that your entitled to.
Managers act fake, and don't really care about you..
Stay away!!!
Equilibre vie professionnelle / personnelle
Coordonnatrice des services administratifs (Current Employee), BlainvilleJanuary 16, 2015
horaires très flexible, bonne ambiance de travail et bonne équipe

About Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living’s unique resident-centered services are delivered by a team trained to encourage independence, preserve – Read more

Sunrise Senior Living Photos

Surf & Turf
bueno, son unos operadores trabajando en el empaquetado de dulces.