Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very good way to interact with elders
Significant Volunteer Work (Current Employee), Markham, ONJune 10, 2014
Very good way to interact with elders.
Very nice people
Well organized company
Honourable mission statement
Health Care Coodinator (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 26, 2014
Pros: homelike environment
Cons: at times policy took precedence over people
Very busy, home like environment. Most enjoyed the one on one and small group time with the residents just getting to know them personally and hearing about who they where and what was important to them. Frontline staff where amazingly in touch with the residents needs and went over and above to give the residents the best quality of life they could.
nursing home
Co-op and volunteered at Sunrise senior living (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONApril 5, 2014
Pros: build my experience
Cons: no cons
I worked with residence that had Alzheimer's. Responsible for activities, feeding, games and trips as a helper.
Feels like a family.
Sunrise Senior Living, Mississauga, CO-OP (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: feel part of the family.
Cons: salary to low for the responsabilities.
I loved to work with the Residents.
I loved the personel.
I loved everithing about the place.
Nice facility
Care Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, ONJuly 19, 2012
Pros: friendly people
Cons: lots of work not much pay
Tired at the end of shift but knowing tht I made a change in one of seniors life is rewarding.
Good working relationship
License Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 19, 2012
enjoy working with seniors,learned a lot,the management is supportive
bad
care manager (Former Employee), Burlington, Ontario CanadaMarch 24, 2012
Pros: non
Cons: terrible place to work...
Horrible place to work, Burlington, Ontario...Bad pay, short 3 hour shifts, when hired for part-time they neglect to acknowledge the benefits that your entitled to.
Managers act fake, and don't really care about you..
Stay away!!!
A really great experience and fun work place.
Assistant Living (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 31, 2014
Pros: free lunch, geeting to no residence, join activeties, and commut to work
A typical day at work would be getting to work 15 minutes early clocking in 5 minutes before 2pm(shift starts at 2:00pm) proceeding with cross-over for example first shift explains everything that happened during there shift and how all of our resident are doing, letting us know what they missed or had extra time to do. Then we look over daily notes – more... including doctor apt. hair appointment, notes from doctors or RN's we sign off each note, and then go about our day doing room checks, weight and vitals if needed. Encouraging independence and assisting with daily activities like bingo or puzzles whatever the activities coordinator has planned for that day. While doing that we also make time to answer every call light and help out our co- workers if they have to much on there hands. We assist with light cleaning, showers, and laundry. Around 4:30pm its rush time and we are helping every one to dinner as well as help people get ready for dinner and bringing people from all there activities. Once everyone is situated we help take orders and serve them drinks appetizer main course and desert. We also bust table, take residents back to there rooms or activities and the kitchen work is finished. We make sure room service is done, assist with answering call lights and begin getting residents ready for bed including transferring, lifting, bathing, and grooming patients towards the end of our shift. Then at 10pm we give cross-over for the next shift, sign off on residence info book at clock out. – less
Great Dealership
Business Development Manager / Sunrise Ford (Former Employee), North HollywoodAugust 28, 2014
Fun and fast-paced environment to work. Worked closely with management. Problems with pay structure.
productive and fun workplace, good people
Cook/Server (Former Employee), West Bloomfield Township, MIAugust 22, 2014
Pros: down time
i truly enjoyed mu experience at Sunrise.. my co workers were great.. the managing staff were down to earth and easy to talk to..it was an honer to have been a cook at that home.
Nice Job, but limited growth potential.
Cook (Current Employee), Des Peres, MOAugust 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch, friendly coworkers, cool boss
Cons: expensive benfits, limited growth opportunity.
I love cooking and I love the ability to ensure the proper nutrition to senior citizens who may not be able to feed themselves. But this job has become a stand still. I see no further advancement with this company in the position that Im in.
Fun Job
Care Manager (Former Employee), Arlington, VAAugust 20, 2014
Enjoyed working with seniors, easy commute, free lunches.
Wonderful Company
Lead Care Manager/Med-Tech/Coordinator (Former Employee), Chandler, AZAugust 20, 2014
Pros: great culture
Cons: stock holders out of touch
Great company and values but a definite change in the feeling since the company went public.
Productive relaxing fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Bay City, MIAugust 15, 2014
Pros: long breaks
I work thirds at sunrise and its very relaxing we take our time and we work as a team and
Sunrise Senior Living
Care Manager (Former Employee), Tustin, CAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: feel like your always rushing
A typical day at work involved assisting residents in ways such as, transferring, bathing/showering, putting on ted hose, making residents bed, assist in feeding, and reporting any physical/emotional problems to the wellness nurse. I learned to be very independent, keep constant communication, and interact with elderly folks. The hardest part of the – more... job was making every single resident happy and getting to every resident on time. The most enjoyable part was talking to the elderly residents to hear about their past and make their day much better. – less
Sunrise Signatures
Actvities/ Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee), Worthington, OHAugust 12, 2014
Pros: team players
Cons: not open minded
Sunrise provides good care to their residents.The residents are active and busy.
fun place to work
CONCIERGE SUNRISE SENIOR LIVING (Former Employee), Sterling, VAAugust 10, 2014
love being around people that makes you feel like family and helping other in their needs.
Very fulfilling to help seniors to age in place with dignity
Team member (Current Employee), Rockville, MDAugust 10, 2014
Pros: great team atmosphere
Cons: short breaks
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the smiles on the residents' faces because they're in a place where they are well cared for.
Love the residents, co-workers are great but...
Medication Care Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: co-workers are great, residents are wonderful, transfer opportunities
Cons: short breaks, frequent turn over for management, low pay, no employee appreciation
The company itself is horrible. Too many changes in management too frequently. Rules change depending on the situation. The pay is above minimum but definitely does not match the work you are expected to do. Frequent call offs make the job harder, management won't jump in to help even though there's supposed to be a "whole team" approach...meaning no – more... matter what level you are, you're there to help.
There's definitely separation between management and hourly staff. Marketing and sales seem to say whatever to sell a room, make promises that can't be kept. The vibe you get is that management could care less about the residents, it's all about the money to them!! I would never allow anyone I love to live there. – less
Strong Company
Director of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLAugust 6, 2014
Sunrise is a very strong company, they have a very good core value system. They truly want the best for their residents.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living’s unique resident-centered services are delivered by a team trained to encourage independence, preserve – Read more

Sunrise Senior Living Photos