Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive with valuable experience to take care and think about the feelings of people with dementia
Activity and Volunteer Coordinator Co-op, (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 4, 2014
Pros: continuous learning
Cons: sometimes too emotional
My typical day started with planning activities either in group or one to one to enhance the physical, mental and spiritual well being of seniors.Assisted other staff members aiming common goal that is quality life for seniors. I learned about taking initiative for engaging residents in something that makes them feel productive and also I learned to – more... deal with patients of dementia through training sessions and experience in reminiscence. I found the most challenging part of this job is engaging residents in group activities so, I tried different activities with other co-workers and encourage residents to participate. Most enjoyable part of this job is unforgettable memories by sharing experiences of life with various person. – less
Sunrise assisted living
Care management team (co-op placement) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 13, 2014
My experience i gained from this company was unbelievable. I witnessed the ups and downs of this field and i must say, its very rewarding. This business is very professional, yet very personal. They go above and beyond to make their residents feel at home as much as possible.
not what I expected
Student PSW (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 27, 2014
Cons: not as advertised
they promised you a lot and did not fully advertise what you were getting into would not recommend them to anyone
No comment
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONSeptember 3, 2014
Learned how to become a good team member and sometimes a leader.
Very good way to interact with elders
Significant Volunteer Work (Current Employee), Markham, ONJune 10, 2014
Very good way to interact with elders.
Very nice people
Well organized company
Honourable mission statement
Health Care Coodinator (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 26, 2014
Pros: homelike environment
Cons: at times policy took precedence over people
Very busy, home like environment. Most enjoyed the one on one and small group time with the residents just getting to know them personally and hearing about who they where and what was important to them. Frontline staff where amazingly in touch with the residents needs and went over and above to give the residents the best quality of life they could.
nursing home
Co-op and volunteered at Sunrise senior living (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONApril 5, 2014
Pros: build my experience
Cons: no cons
I worked with residence that had Alzheimer's. Responsible for activities, feeding, games and trips as a helper.
Feels like a family.
Sunrise Senior Living, Mississauga, CO-OP (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: feel part of the family.
Cons: salary to low for the responsabilities.
I loved to work with the Residents.
I loved the personel.
I loved everithing about the place.
Good working relationship
License Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 19, 2012
enjoy working with seniors,learned a lot,the management is supportive
bad
care manager (Former Employee), Burlington, Ontario CanadaMarch 24, 2012
Pros: non
Cons: terrible place to work...
Horrible place to work, Burlington, Ontario...Bad pay, short 3 hour shifts, when hired for part-time they neglect to acknowledge the benefits that your entitled to.
Managers act fake, and don't really care about you..
Stay away!!!
great place to work
Care Giver (Former Employee), PADecember 23, 2014
Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Photoshop, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Excellent detailed data entry skills
Able to type 35 words per minute
Excellent book-keeping and organization skills
Beautiful community in great area of country
Activities and Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee), Falls Church, VADecember 22, 2014
Pros: great location... dc area! great trip opportunities for residents.
Cons: not many
I adored this community of Sunrise Senior Living and was quickly promoted to a larger Sunrise Community in the area.
The staff was fabulous and positive and of course our house dog... Thompson... was the sweetest! We had some fabulous family members as well who were very supportive of my activity endeavors and my creativity!
Run for your life!!!!
Care Manager (Former Employee), Cary NcDecember 21, 2014
Cons: everything
The worst place too work. The Executive Director and the coordinators were horrible. Talk to employees like dogs and they wanted care managers to mistreat residents. I wouldn't send my worst enemies here to work!!!!!
Productive day
Caregiver manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 19, 2014
Pros: had fun with the residents
Cons: n/a
Made sure patients room where clean, if any fun activities where going on made sure the residents made it to the activities if they wanted too. Also served in the dining to the residents.
Productive workplace with a friendly atmosphere
Administrative Assistant/Payroll Manager (Former Employee), Florham Park, NJDecember 11, 2014
Pros: wonderful people and friendly staff
Cons: short breaks
Great place to work for, I performed accounting functions while managing payroll. I also conducted employee orientation. I did payroll for 200 employees. Due the amount of time and multiple priorities throughout the day, I have to say that any interaction I get to have with my staff and co-workers is a huge plus throughout the day. The hardest part – more... of the job would have to be getting certain task done through out the course of the business day. – less
friendly co-workers and residents
Care Manager (Former Employee), Highland Park, ILDecember 10, 2014
I would get to work in the mornings read the daily log in regards the residents and help them with there daily living which would be: get them up dress them up, give them a shower, bush teeth, fix their hair, and anything they need to do to start their day and take them down for breakfast. Some residents I would have to help them eat. I would taking – more... them to the restroom and make sure that that were involved and did activities throw out the day.

Co-workers were really nice we always helped each other out. Learned a lot. – less
Awful management Worst
ed (Former Employee), m leanDecember 9, 2014
Pros: training modules
Cons: everything else
do not consider it, except to be a steppingstone and get out as soon as possible
Great Job
Care manager (Current Employee), Columbia, MDDecember 4, 2014
Each day i start by checking my residents. I prepare them for the day ahead. I do Laundry,Personal care, Food preperation, etc. My co-works are amazing. In this feild everybody has to stick together to help eachother.
the hardest part of my job is to keep it clean.
House Keeping Aide (Current Employee), Bloomfield Hills, MINovember 30, 2014
I enjoy the elderly talking with them listening to story telling I love it
Productive friendly and pleasant work envirnoment
Concierge/Receptionist (Current Employee), North Bethesda, MDNovember 26, 2014
Always a busy day never dull moment. You have to think quickly and respond in a timely manner.
Management is ok. Team member work together whenever you need them.
The most difficult part when a resident pass and you get so attached to he/she.
When I put a smile the patients /residents face or take the extra time to listen what the family member have – more... to say. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living’s unique resident-centered services are delivered by a team trained to encourage independence, preserve – Read more

Sunrise Senior Living Photos