Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive with valuable experience to take care and think about the feelings of people with dementia
Activity and Volunteer Coordinator Co-op, (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 4, 2014
Pros: continuous learning
Cons: sometimes too emotional
My typical day started with planning activities either in group or one to one to enhance the physical, mental and spiritual well being of seniors.Assisted other staff members aiming common goal that is quality life for seniors. I learned about taking initiative for engaging residents in something that makes them feel productive and also I learned to deal with patients of dementia through training sessions and experience in reminiscence. I found the most challenging part of this job is engaging residents in group activities so, I tried different activities with other co-workers and encourage residents to participate. Most enjoyable part of this job is unforgettable memories by sharing experiences of life with various person.
Sunrise assisted living
Care management team (co-op placement) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 13, 2014
My experience i gained from this company was unbelievable. I witnessed the ups and downs of this field and i must say, its very rewarding. This business is very professional, yet very personal. They go above and beyond to make their residents feel at home as much as possible.
not what I expected
Student PSW (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 27, 2014
Cons: not as advertised
they promised you a lot and did not fully advertise what you were getting into would not recommend them to anyone
No comment
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONSeptember 3, 2014
Learned how to become a good team member and sometimes a leader.
Very good way to interact with elders
Significant Volunteer Work (Current Employee), Markham, ONJune 10, 2014
Very good way to interact with elders.
Very nice people
Well organized company
Honourable mission statement
Health Care Coodinator (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 26, 2014
Pros: homelike environment
Cons: at times policy took precedence over people
Very busy, home like environment. Most enjoyed the one on one and small group time with the residents just getting to know them personally and hearing about who they where and what was important to them. Frontline staff where amazingly in touch with the residents needs and went over and above to give the residents the best quality of life they could.
nursing home
Co-op and volunteered at Sunrise senior living (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONApril 5, 2014
Pros: build my experience
Cons: no cons
I worked with residence that had Alzheimer's. Responsible for activities, feeding, games and trips as a helper.
Feels like a family.
Sunrise Senior Living, Mississauga, CO-OP (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: feel part of the family.
Cons: salary to low for the responsabilities.
I loved to work with the Residents.
I loved the personel.
I loved everithing about the place.
Good working relationship
License Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 19, 2012
enjoy working with seniors,learned a lot,the management is supportive
bad
care manager (Former Employee), Burlington, Ontario CanadaMarch 24, 2012
Pros: non
Cons: terrible place to work...
Horrible place to work, Burlington, Ontario...Bad pay, short 3 hour shifts, when hired for part-time they neglect to acknowledge the benefits that your entitled to.
Managers act fake, and don't really care about you..
Stay away!!!
run away fast as u can!!
Care Manager (Former Employee), Palos Heights, ILJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: helping the elderly
Cons: low pay, bad management, co- workers was horrible
This place really is horrible the ED was not management material the coordinator's gossip about the care managers just an overall horrible place they make it seem like it's all good until you get behind them doors then all **** break loose...
productive work place
Lead Caregiver (Former Employee), Bloomfield Hills, MIJanuary 19, 2015
sunrise is a nice community to work in very nice kind loving people. learned and gained a lot of patience working there. the most enjoyable time us the job is getting to know the residents personally.the hardest part about the job is losing patients.
great
Caregiver/Med Aide (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAJanuary 16, 2015
It was a great starter job for me , learned a lot, atmosphere was great and people were very nice.
Warm and loving environment with happy employees
Wellness Nurse (Former Employee), Carmel, INJanuary 15, 2015
Going to work at Sunrise Senior Living was one of the best places to work with the elderly and I have worked in other places that don't quite measure up to a great company.
Everyday was a new experience
Care Manager (Former Employee), Crystal Lake, ILJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great co-workers and management
Cons: short breaks
A typical day was something new with my Alzheimer's residents.I learned that no matter what state of mind you are in, you still need to be loved and cared about. Especially Alzheimer's residents. Management was great right along with my co-workers. The hardest part was trying to get my residents to understand that they are living now, is their home now, and the most enjoyable part of the job was when they would laugh at something they did or I did. The joy of seeing them laughed just filled my heart with joy.
Very rewarding job!!!
Sunrise at Bluemont Park-Executive Director (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 12, 2015
There is no typical day....always challenging, rewarding and fun.
fun work place
caregiver (Former Employee), tucson azJanuary 11, 2015
great people but my typical day of work is getting everyone ready for breakfast then doing some activities with the residents. then getting ready to set up for lunch then I will put the resident down for a nap also take them to restrooms
work enviroment
Sunrise Senior Assisted Living (Former Employee), Owings millsJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: location
Cons: location
only worked temporary never got a real feel for place. it was a nice looking place though.
False Promises, Toxic Environment
Non-Salaried Employee (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: the residents.
Cons: poor pay, horrible management, corporate greed, terrible communication, no reward for hard work, politics, unfair hiring/promotion practices, poor benefits
I would never recommend this employer to anyone - nor would I want a loved one to live here.
All communities in the Twin Cities are poorly run and short on staff. Staff is not properly trained and the expectations of the roles are constantly changing according to who the Executive Director of the day is. (Plus mixed messages handed down by corporate.)
Turnover is ridiculously high - even among management.
If you want to advance, know that they don't care about your actual skills, experience, education or ability to do the job. All they care is whether you have the Sunrise "look" and have bought in to their cult-like culture. To advance, you must be white, have a fake tan, bleached teeth and a "better than thou attitude." All others? Get made false promises.
This company used to have good principles. Now it's all about corporate greed. Those they hire who have good hearts, they'll work to the bone until they burn out and quit. Corporate and management (plus gossip and cliques) make the environment toxic and unbearable. There is no room for advancement despite all the promises they'll make to you about it. They're making the same promises to your co-workers.
You'll end up working close to minimum wage for years, never getting a solid raise because they delay performance evals and then short you on what raise you've earned. Once they've decided they don't want you or you are making too much for the role you're in? They will do everything in their power to drive you out, regardless of how good you are at your job.
Caring environment.
Reminiscence Care Manager/Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Metairie, LAJanuary 7, 2015
Assisted residents with Alzheimer’s/dementia. Focused firmly on the individuals and providing a safe, familiar, yet stimulating environment. Assisted with cleaning & personal hygiene, checked vitals, and valued each senior and recognized the different tastes, preferences and needs at each stage of their lives.

The most enjoyable part was making the residents feel good about themselves, and the team work from co workers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living’s unique resident-centered services are delivered by a team trained to encourage independence, preserve – Read more

Sunrise Senior Living Photos