Sunwest Food Processors Ltd. a Progressive Food Processing Plant is seeking a motivated and experienced QC Technician (FULL TIME POSITION) to join our QC Team. If you have the following education, training or experience, we want to hear from you:
1. Possess a Bachelor's Degree in Food Science or a related field.
2. Have 2 to 3 years of experience in quality control lab analysis, food processing, and quality management.
3. Be able to perform onsite monitoring inspections, testing and audit processing to ensure that HACCP, Food Defence and Security principles are followed.
4. Resolve food quality and safety issues.
5. Have a proven track record for being accurate, thorough and attention to detail.
6. Be able to sample meat products.
7. Be competent in English - both verbal and written. Handwriting must be legible.
8. Be able to be invovled in product development and sample preparation.
9. Able to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
10. Be able to interpret data, write reports and make recommendations.
11. Be a strong team player, as well as work with little supervision when required.
12. Be prepared to spend a substantial amount of time on the Plant floor.
13. Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.
14. Be success driven and have a "can do" attitude.
15. Be responsible for educating all staff in terms of HACCP and GMP.
16. Have working knowledge of provincial, federal and international regulations.
1. Attractive wages commensurate with experience.
2. Work for a premier Company with progressive growth strategy.
3. Excellent opportunity for personal and professional development.
Interested candidate, please include your salary expectations and a copy of all academic records. We thank all applicants; however, only those under consideration will be considered.