A Progressive Food Processing Plant Is seeking a Data Entry Lab Personnel -- Meat Processing & Packing Unit.
Sunrise Poultry Processors Limited a Progressive Food Processing Plant is seeking a motivated and an Entry level Data Entry Lab Personnel -- Meat Processing & Packing Unit (FULL TIME POSITION) to join our QA/QC team. If you have the following education, training or experience, we want to hear from you:
Job Functions /Responsibilities:
- Communicates to the QC Manager deviations resulting from Inspection, monitoring testing and verification activities within the process.
- Ensures that correct product name and expiry date is labeled on the finished product.
- Monitors TQC, GMP and HACCP Programs and performs record keeping.
- Inspects packaging, storage, and shipping facilities for conformance to company sanitation and safety standards:
- Informs designated person of conditions requiring immediate corrective actions , such as unsanitary condition of baskets and various plant areas.
- May set up and perform sensory and microbiological tests at various stages of processing from raw-materials to finished products, and compiles and evaluates record to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products:
- Based on any discrepancy in the test results, applies corrective/preventative measures like GMP or watch tightly on production process.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of production capacity.
- Ensures Good Manufacturing Practices is maintained at all times by checking whether employees follow proper sanitation procedures such as keeping work area clean, using clean gloves, wearing clean aprons, helmets, hair nets, steel-toe shoes that can be cleaned and sanitized.
- Ensures that meat product is kept at proper temperature during production and during storage to preserve quality.
- Completes documentation provided by HACCP Program on daily basis.
- Oversees all pest control activities, including overseeing the activities of the Pest Control Provider.
- Follows laboratory safety policies, company policies, procedures and standards for safety, (GMP's and HACCP).
- Carries special projects as requested by QC Manager or Plant Manager.
- Maintains prompt and courteous response to production team and QC requests within the guidelines set forth by Sunrise.
- Flexible to shifts timings, must Perform Overtime & Weekend work as required.
- Background in microbiological, chemical and organoleptic laboratory methods.
- Excellent Data Entry Skills.
- Excellent Interpretation of results.
- Appropriate knowledge for the creation and maintenance of suitable spreadsheets for data collection, organization, graphing and correlation of data results.
- Proficient skill in MS office: Excel, word, Access and other relevant programs.
- Have 1 to 2 years related experience.
- Experience in a Food Processing Plant an asset.
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Be success-driven and have a "can do" attitude.
- Be able to work independently, as well as being a strong team player.
The benefits that will be offered will include:
- Work for Premier Company with a progressive growth strategy & excellent opportunity for personal and professional growth.
- Full time position with attractive compensation.
- Secure and rewarding working environment
If interested please email your resume to the attention of Human Resources Manager, stating relevant education, computer program knowledge and skills, practical experience, additional relevant training, association memberships and salary expectations.. We thank all applicants; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.