Sunnybrook Research Institute (affiliated with the University of Toronto) has an immediate opportunity for a Post-Doctoral Fellow to work in population based colorectal cancer screening research for a one year term (possibility of renewal).
Working under the supervision of the principal investigator (PI), the Post-Doctoral Fellow will assist with the design, execution, analysis and reporting of a variety of research projects in the area of colorectal cancer screening.
- Design and conduct quantitative analyses and procedures to meet the objectives of the project.
- Prepare statistical and descriptive progress reports.
- Assist the PI on the writing and submission of funding proposals and manuscripts.
- Work cooperatively and constructively with other members of the research team.
- Recent (< 36 months) PhD graduate in epidemiology, statistics or equivalent quantitative science.
- Excellent analytical skills; experience with methodological development, manipulation and analysis of statistical data; ability to interpret statistical results and tables.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in common statistical packages (SAS, SPSS) and Microsoft Office.
- Comfortable and familiar with biostatistics methods and principles.
- Strong writing skills; ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly; ability to prepare statistical and descriptive reports for stakeholders.
- Maintains current knowledge about analytical techniques in population health research.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to work under pressures and to meet deadlines.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a .pdf resume and cover letter by 5 pm on Tuesday, December 18, 2012.
Interviews will take place on January 2, 2013.
We thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.