Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre Employee Reviews

Going to Miss this place
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North York, ONAugust 31, 2016
I really enjoyed my time while working at Sunnybrook. My boss was amazing and it was great working with her because it was only two of us. The general environment at Sunnybrook is extremely clean and comfortable. Although it is a hospital it does not feel like a hospital, it is very warm and inviting, even for patients and visitors.
Big experience
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 24, 2016
A lot of work, but invaluable experience on many aspects. A rare chance to gain experience with Physicists, Radiologists, as well as supervising students and intern. The non-ending work makes minimum number of hours way more than normal hours.
Large Hospital
Emergency Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2016
Many employees, therefore you feel like a number. Experiencing same constraints as most hospitals due to government cut backs. Difficult to get time off due to high turnover rates and sick time.
co-workers are good.
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 13, 2016
I was hired by a third party company as a cleaner. I like my environment and my co-workers, the only thing that i was not happy about is the boss of our company. He's abusing people, over using his power towards us.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
the BOSS
Fun to work with Colleagues
Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 19, 2016
I enjoyed the people I worked with. The Principal Investigator was knowledgeable, courteous and kind. I love my work and was able to make personal connections with MS patients.
Bad management , not supportive
Project Coordinator, Quality Improvement Program (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 7, 2016
Worked there for 4 years in a job a loved. Turns out the person doing the best job is the one who gets let go and the person doing a poor job, always late, poor communicator gets to keep theirs. Management wasnt supportive of concerns of a person with over 20 years experience over a inexperienced, younger person who always complains. Isnt it about getting the work done properly.
Underhanded HR department who makes these terrible choices without informing the direct supervisor of the workers. People left in a lurch. Makes the whole department look bad, concerned about quality of research data coming out of a World Class hospital!!!
Everyone left on edge for their jobs. I was proud to work there until this happened
Pros
gym. reasonable parking
Cons
traffic chaos at times, non supportive manager, underqualified managers
Great place to work!
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2016
Overall, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre was a great place to work!
Supportive staff, wonderful management
Great training programs and work life opportunities
Pros
Valuable working experience, wonderful connections
Cons
Expensive parking, short breaks
Productive workplace.
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2016
Overall rating of hospitals I have had the opportunity to be affiliated with as well as coworkers was very enjoyable and a great learning experience.
Efective, productive work enviroment
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2016
working for a busy orthopedic, medical unit, independent and reliable worker.
work effective under pressure and managed to achieve goals.
Strategically help team achieve daily goals.
Divisional Manager - Division of General Surgery (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2016
A high paced enjoyable position and environment.
A large part of the position is education based and the other part is management based.
Pros
Flexible schedule and employer
Cons
N/A
great place to work
Staff Registered Nurse - Ross Tilley Burn Centre (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Sunnybrook is one of the leading hospitals in Toronto and the GTA, providing many health services. Benefits are good but not all on par with the Univeristy health network.
Pros
Large Hospital
Cons
Could be better with benefits
Productive, lots to do
Senior Corporate Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Never a dull moment, lots to do and learn, advancement is tough. Great colleagues. Fun times. Lot of medical terms to learn. Great people. Would recommend.
Pros
start late
see below
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee) –  North York, ONJanuary 1, 2016
An excellent teaching hospital. Well kept grounds. Excellent in patient care. The Laboratory staff are patient care driven, very knowledgeable and meticulous in test sampling and Qc analysis and performance.
the most enjoyable part of the job
HVAC Tech. (Current Employee) –  toronto on.September 30, 2015
being in charge of your own sections of the hospital,
pride in your work,
you keep your systems in top condition and your clients happy and comfortable, is very rewarding,
report back to manager only when you have to hire out side contractors to do construction jobs
Pros
lots of over time
Cons
low pay
LTSW
Preceptored RN (Former Employee) –  toronto, onSeptember 21, 2015
Had an amazing experience working with Veterans at Sunnybrook. Learned much about their physical, mental, spiritual, and emotional health/illness.
Great workplace
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 10, 2015
Sunnybrook Hospital is a great place with supportive senior management! The hospital respects diversity. Besides, health and safety policies are so strong.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Fun, Good Hours, Managable
Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 3, 2015
Part of a co-op experience, but it was a fun, people were great, learnt a lot for universities and each day was a new experience -- it was great.
good work place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 4, 2015
good place to work. Various departments and one of the biggest hospitals in Canada. Reasonably well managed. Clean. Wish there was a proper gym.
One of the best health care facilities in the GTA
Activity Aide (Current Employee) –  TorontoFebruary 3, 2015
My job role is to create mind stimulating experience for the war veterans who reside in the K and L wing of sunnybrook hospital. We host all kinds of different activities to involve the residents and make them feel at home. Working closely with the recreational therapist we assist in all activities.
Pros
very rewarding experience
Cons
not all patients are able to communicate or paticipate
Happy
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Interacting with patients and giving them anything they need. I have learned how it is in a work environment and how to talk to people in a good and happy way. The management is very good every is kind and caring. The hardest part of the job was to leave a patient who did not have family members around.The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to talk to people.

2.9