Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre Employee Reviews

Placement Site
Medical Laboratory Assistant/Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2017
I got to learned and experienced the essentials of being a Medical Laboratory Assistant/Technician. Got to experience to interact with people from different walks of life.
Productive and lots of knowledge to learn
Secretary to Medical Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2017
This hospital and the department i worked with is such a good place to work with. Working here is very satisfying especially working with the other secretary and mostly the manager is awesome.
I would definitely work here again if given the chance.
Friendly Environment
Secretary to the Head of Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2017
Friendly, and also professional workplace. Room for professional growth within organization. Great events and benefits. Learning based type of function.
Worst and Military type managment.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2017
Eve and First level support is like Military type managers who are not very technical but, speak like little kid lots of contractors and full timers I do not know how they keep them there but, they must have very strong network otherwise they violate a lot of human resource codes they should be servayed.
Pros
Lots of work so you will always have work and not get pored.
Cons
you have to deal with worst managers ever
Medical Software Developer and Researcher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2017
Good place to work. Good place and learn a fair share while you're there. Salary is not ideal, but okay for beginning. Would recommend for recent grads.
Fun and rewarding
Hearing Instrument Specialist/Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2017
Meeting new clients everyday and building a relationship over a course of 7 weeks was really rewarding.
Had a great time working with the other hearing professionals.
good place to work
Registered Nurse - Pre Admit Clinic (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2016
they encourage continuing education. Hospital has one of the larger trauma departments and a large cancer centre along with many specialty areas to work in.
Average, could be better could be worse
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2016
recognizable company, and there is a lot to learn, but it is a high pressure high stress environment. everything is a rush, and you always feel like youre about to get fired.
Busy and great place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2016
Excellent working environment.
A great place to learn new things.
The location is easy to access.
The co-workers were great.
Going to Miss this place
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North York, ON31 August 2016
I really enjoyed my time while working at Sunnybrook. My boss was amazing and it was great working with her because it was only two of us. The general environment at Sunnybrook is extremely clean and comfortable. Although it is a hospital it does not feel like a hospital, it is very warm and inviting, even for patients and visitors.
Big experience
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2016
A lot of work, but invaluable experience on many aspects. A rare chance to gain experience with Physicists, Radiologists, as well as supervising students and intern. The non-ending work makes minimum number of hours way more than normal hours.
Large Hospital
Emergency Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2016
Many employees, therefore you feel like a number. Experiencing same constraints as most hospitals due to government cut backs. Difficult to get time off due to high turnover rates and sick time.
co-workers are good.
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2016
I was hired by a third party company as a cleaner. I like my environment and my co-workers, the only thing that i was not happy about is the boss of our company. He's abusing people, over using his power towards us.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
the BOSS
Fun to work with Colleagues
Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2016
I enjoyed the people I worked with. The Principal Investigator was knowledgeable, courteous and kind. I love my work and was able to make personal connections with MS patients.
Bad management , not supportive
Project Coordinator, Quality Improvement Program (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2016
Worked there for 4 years in a job a loved. Turns out the person doing the best job is the one who gets let go and the person doing a poor job, always late, poor communicator gets to keep theirs. Management wasnt supportive of concerns of a person with over 20 years experience over a inexperienced, younger person who always complains. Isnt it about getting the work done properly.
Underhanded HR department who makes these terrible choices without informing the direct supervisor of the workers. People left in a lurch. Makes the whole department look bad, concerned about quality of research data coming out of a World Class hospital!!!
Everyone left on edge for their jobs. I was proud to work there until this happened
Pros
gym. reasonable parking
Cons
traffic chaos at times, non supportive manager, underqualified managers
Great place to work!
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2016
Overall, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre was a great place to work!
Supportive staff, wonderful management
Great training programs and work life opportunities
Pros
Valuable working experience, wonderful connections
Cons
Expensive parking, short breaks
Productive workplace.
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2016
Overall rating of hospitals I have had the opportunity to be affiliated with as well as coworkers was very enjoyable and a great learning experience.
Efective, productive work enviroment
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2016
working for a busy orthopedic, medical unit, independent and reliable worker.
work effective under pressure and managed to achieve goals.
Strategically help team achieve daily goals.
Divisional Manager - Division of General Surgery (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2016
A high paced enjoyable position and environment.
A large part of the position is education based and the other part is management based.
Pros
Flexible schedule and employer
Cons
N/a
great place to work
Staff Registered Nurse - Ross Tilley Burn Centre (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2016
Sunnybrook is one of the leading hospitals in Toronto and the GTA, providing many health services. Benefits are good but not all on par with the Univeristy health network.
Pros
Large Hospital
Cons
Could be better with benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre. Our community is ready to answer.

Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre Reviews by Location