SunGard Employee Reviews

Great small company to start my career in computers
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 27, 2016
I started at this job and moved my way as far up in the small company that there was room to grow. I felt I had learned and gotten promoted as far as I could so I decided to look for new opportunities. I small company is great because you become very close with the people you work with but mobility has limitations.
Pros
Worked with nice people, learned a lot and travelled
Cons
upward mobility
fun workplace to work and a very supportive research team
Project Intern (Former Employee) –  Pune, IndiaDecember 19, 2015
I was a project intern at SunGard, India. My project was under the Advanced Technology Services team of SunGard Availability Services. It's one the best teams, I have ever worked with. All my mentors were very good at what they did, and always provided good feedback and interesting angles to view at the work in hand, which made working fun. I was able to finish my project in time.
Flexible timings and good work culture
SSE (Former Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraNovember 16, 2015
It was a very nice working with SunGard. It was my first Product company and I have learnt a lot from it. We have build the expertise of the product on which we were working.
Pros
Functional learning
Cons
Uncontrolled enviroment
SunGard
Internal Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PANovember 12, 2015
SunGard has been acquired by FIS out of Jacksonville, Fla. Prior, it was a good company to work for. Going forward, I can only imagine that the combined company will be even stronger.
Flat cultured company
Senior QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  indiaNovember 5, 2015
It was a flat cultured company. Higher management handling was good. Every individual had their own responsibilities and roles to play.
corporate enviroment
EMEA Financial & General Ledger Manager (Former Employee) –  Canary WharfNovember 4, 2015
lots to learn
big company has a lots of different area to know
very structured, lots of red tape because US will dictate.
nice environment and strong management
Pros
strong brand
Cons
no recongnition
Productive and fun work environement
Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  tunisOctober 15, 2015
New work place with supportive people. Work environement is challenging. Working here will enable me to develop my skills as I perceive this company as an institution which pioneers the development with innovative instruments.
Good for Exposure in Financial Domain
System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pune, MHOctober 14, 2015
Food company for financial domain. One can become expert here but if management allows him to.

Good Technical Infrastructure.
good place to work
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 30, 2015
great work environment. Allows telecommuting. opportunities to move up. Supportive management. Politics aren't too bad. only downside is they don't offer competitive pay.
Pros
telecommuting
Cons
non competitive pay
Good stable work environment
Senior Printer Tech (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 27, 2015
Great place to work, the management is firm but fair. The culture was very family oriented and I enjoyed the company and fellowship of my co-workers. Due to the nature of the business, our department saw a slowing down and we were offered early separation.
Ever changing management styles
Manager - Database Technology (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILSeptember 25, 2015
The company is always in a restructuring mood. Lot of Management changes. Positions are cut and changed. Salary increase and bonus structure is awful .
Awesome family oriented company. Very educational
Relius Document Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 24, 2015
Sungard was a very productive and exciting place to work. It was a very informative job, great team building exercise, awesome collegues. family oriented,
Pros
Great repore, awesome team building excercise
Good core group of Managers
Project Manager/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 19, 2015
Worked with this company before they were purchased as GetPaid. The core group of managers are still there, which is great. They are a good "family" of road warriors and was a fun environment to work in.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Lots of travel
Great Exposure to Clients
Senior Engagement Manager (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAAugust 17, 2015
Enjoyed having client exposure and working with the team of associates and helping define requirements and deliver solutions. Co-workers were pleasant.
Pros
Cooperative Co-workers, Enjoyed delivering Client solutions.
Cons
Office Politics sometimes got in the way of Client priorities
Very laid back work environment
Data entry (Current Employee) –  Inverness, ALAugust 17, 2015
It is an excellent place to work, excellent management, great benefits package. The traffic on 280 is a drawback, and the pay is also a draw back. There are no hard parts to this job, the hours are flexible, the daily quotas are obtainable, the major con I would say is that the pay increases at a very slow rate. After almost 6 years of working with this company, I have only moved from 10.00 up to 12.34 I am a top performer as well, and have a lot more responsibilities that the majority of my coworkers. So this pay increase is higher than most have acquired in 6 + years.
Pros
Flexible hours, you start out with 3 weeks vacation
Cons
minimal pay increases, no cell phones in the office, clean room environment
Director of Business Development
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJAugust 3, 2015
Company culture is based purely upon sales volume. One is required to follow pre-arranged (selling) guidelines and is not encouraged to think outside the box.
Pros
Excellent benefit structure
Cons
Lack of job security
Fun place to work,
Lead Officer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 2, 2015
I worked at the front desk, Monitoring the contractors and or employees and visitors, Issued badges, answered all calls, General office work. Ordered supplies.
Not worth it
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 23, 2015
Sungard is the worst company I have ever work for. The whole company stinks. Management has their picks and chooses. No advancement, no consistency, and no increase in pay.
Learnings at Sungard
Senior Process Associate (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KAMay 19, 2015
SunGard in is an IT firm based at US. It is product development company. I am into client management, were we provide services to the Sungard Clients.
Sungard provides us to grow individually as the day to day operations includes different scenarios. The helps us to become an efficient team player. The process in Sungard helps us to enhance our technical knowledge and skill.
It was truly a family feeling enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carlstadt NJApril 19, 2015
Meet and great my Clints, Proivide Great Customer service and work with the Technictions.. Meetings, Conference calls.. My co-workers were Great. management was the best. The hardest part of the job was being laid off. The most enjoyable was Working with my clients, Having Customer Services Fun time.. Going to hershey park with all of the employees.
Pros
lunch, Hershey Park, Gold Outtings
Cons
N/A