SunEdison Employee Reviews

Regardless of the financial difficulties, safety was always 1st
Environmental Safety and Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXAugust 22, 2016
SunEdison in Pasadena Texas closed it doors due to financial difficulties. But through all of the financial troubles, the company maintained a safety culture that ensured the well-being of all of their employees.
Na
Global TA Director (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 22, 2016
Working at Sunedison has been a great experience but difficult financial times for the company. Great global footprint and great global team to develop the results.
It was great then it became a tough place to work
Director Operational Excellence (Former Employee) –  Belmont, CAAugust 16, 2016
I joined in 2014 and it was a great place to work, growing fast and many opportunities to make a difference. Management was overly aggressive trying to grow and buy other companies and this was the tipping point.

After August 2015, things began going awry with not much focus nor direction. The company went on a negative spiral until the BK became evident, still the CEO wouldn't accept failure and continue having grandiose plans and dreams.

It's so sad how the faith of the company ended up in value destruction for many investors and employees.
Pros
Good perks, salary, locations, telecommuting
Cons
Bad management, leadership
SunEdison
Operations Manager I (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 1, 2016
Company had a great outlook just not the right person in charge just grew to fast. and could not keep up with the Operations of sites.
Pros
Work schedule
Cons
Bankrcupty
Uneducated Wind Site Management-Lacking Maturity and Leadership
Leader (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TexasJuly 14, 2016
I have had first hand knowledge working day to day of the white trash leadership that Sun Edison has brought onboard here in the Texas Panhandle.

They reek of incompetence and will destroy an organization in short order. The situation that was proposed to me each and everyday was completely negative and the site manager attempted fear and intimidation of the employees.

They did not succeed and have been terminated from continuing with Sun.

I am completely happy to be away from this toxic team!
Pros
Cons
Unstable Company, No Leadership, Uneducated Management
Company Bankrupt
Warehousing / Transportation Manager NAMR (Current Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJJuly 13, 2016
On 4/21/16 company filed bankruptcy and laid me off on 7/11/2016. the company tried to buy two billion dollar companies and went bankrupt.
Steer Clear
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Belmont, CAJuly 7, 2016
A promising renewable energy company that attracted creative, smart, high-energy people that was dismantled overnight due to increasing debt and risky growth strategy through M&A.
Pros
Incredible talent pool of people
Cons
Low morale, unrealistic goals set by Executives, overly optimistic, high attrition
Great job, loved it, but, time to move on...
Executive Assistant to the President (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduJuly 4, 2016
Typical day: Managing the presidents calendar, tending to various requests of his, coordinating with different people across the globe, setting up video conferencing, basically take care of every logistics so that the president can focus exclusively on the job at hand.

What I learnt: How to use Microsoft outlook, team work, communication, sophistication, corporate life etc

Management: Had to work with various people within the company from the driver/peon up to the president and vice president. I had to manage my boss's time keeping various meetings in different time zones in mind.

Co-workers: You do not get to choose the people you work with and therefore whatever the challenges are, I had to learn to remain professional and keep going because the ultimate goal is to ensure the job gets done and the president is not disturbed.

Hardest part of the job: Understand what he wants, when he wants it and how exactly he wants it. It takes time... Learning outlook - it was a big challenge for me but I certainly managed to figure it out!

Enjoyable part: Coming to work every day, having fantastic co-workers, having a sophisticated, talented suave boss who would turn heads when he walked into a room. I am so proud to work at this company. No fixed work timings as work extends through the day, evening, night and weekends.
Pros
South indian lunch was served, a stocked pantry, a posh building in the city center with a sea view, my own high-tech computer, an iphone with unlimited calls/emails, a dongle with unlimited usage etc
Cons
No parking, my boss would travel up to 15 days at a time
Great company was drove into the ground by the executives.
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 28, 2016
Started with a lot of promise for growth and opportunity and over the course of the year I worked here we are now bankrupt and waiting to find out our fate.
Pros
Great work life balance.
Cons
Upper management has no direction. No chance to advance.
Good people work here but it is a difficult place to work
Executive Assistant to the Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJune 16, 2016
Poor management and not a good work/life balance but very good people work at SunEdison. Due to poor management and other extenuating circumstances, the company is now in bankruptcy.
Pros
Good benefits, good salary
Cons
poor management
Great people to work with
Global Mobility and Immigration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJune 14, 2016
SunEdison is a rewarding place to work. When we are able to deliver cost effective electricity to people and countries who have never had electricity before, it is truly inspiring.
Larger company w/ environment of a start up
Help Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 7, 2016
My managers would always emphasize being proactive and finding novel solutions to problems. This is part of the culture of the company. I have learned to think creatively about the different ways of resolving an issue.Typically the workday is around 8 hours, but can be longer depending on what is happening that day. The hardest part of the job can be the independent reign you are given, however that can also become the most fulfilling.
Renewable energy developer with ambitions exceeding its fundamentals
Director, Customer Engagement (Current Employee) –  Belmont, CAMay 26, 2016
It was an interesting experience, great people and ambitious vision but critical executive management mistakes leading to eventual Chapter 11 banruptcy.
Great people, poor executive management
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEMay 9, 2016
Great people to work with, unfortunately the company was run into the ground by poor executive management ans shady deals.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Poor managment
Great Job, Poor Executive Management
Director of Sourcing & Procurement (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMay 3, 2016
I've loved most of my 6 years at SunEdison. We have a great team of people that are completely dedicated to bringing clean, reliable energy to people around the globe.

The attempted acquisition of Vivint Solar sparked the downfall of SunEdison in June 2015. Since them we've been in a downward spiral until we filed Chapter 11 in April 2016.
Pros
Job advancement, compensation, benefits, teamwork
Cons
Insolventcy
not bad.
Solar Installer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 7, 2016
great job culture, and definitely a blue collar job. If you know what you are doing, you are set. If not, just ask the people that know what they are doing.
Pros
prevailing wage!
Cons
pay is average other wise.
Terrible place to work
Solar Consultant (Former Employee) –  New YorkApril 6, 2016
Sunedison is a terrible place to work. Management is the worst I have ever experienced. Most proposals and contracts have errors in them and the design team does not fix them. Every step of the process there are serious issues. From sales to installation it can take seven months and management does not resolve the issue, terrible customer service. If there is an issue with a project instead of resolving it they place the project in Sales Hold were it can remain in perpetuity. They have a step called Verification which the Credit/Verification team was supposed to perform but they never did, so they just put the projects on Sales Hold. I could go on and on. Recently they have been cheating me out of my commission. No wonder they are on the verge of bankruptcy. This is the worst company I have ever worked for.
Cons
Terrible management, not responsive to customers, cheated me out of commissin
Great Company but in trouble
Legal Counsel, Senior (Current Employee) –  Belmont, CAApril 4, 2016
I started very recently with SunEdison and was aware there had been some struggles in 2015. However, the struggles turned into a crisis in 2016 with a perfect storm of factors that have driven its market value to nearly 0. I like the culture, the diversity of employees that are from all over the world and the fact they are all excited about renewable energy. However, the financial issues have caused quite a few of those people to move on as the future us uncertain.
Pros
Culture, business
Cons
financial strains
Working Culture is Good
Engineer- Operations and Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Jodhpur, RajasthanApril 4, 2016
At Sunedison i learn workmanship & I Build Good Team to Work at any comfortable level ,
Good management But not able to approach any one easily.
Due to long Hour of work not able to maintain Work/Life Balance.
Pros
Free Accommodation & Lunch
Cons
Long Hour
Worked in the construction side of business
Project Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Petaluma, CAMarch 30, 2016
Only worked here just over a year, did not engage too much with office staff as I am always on a job site.

Company is very fair in compensating it's employees who travel.

2.3