SunEdison Employee Reviews

Great compensation and employee benefits; Team atmosphere
senior accountant (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MODecember 21, 2015
Developed several key controls and processes for special projects and month-end procedures. Month end and quarter end financial statement preparation, analytically analysis, reconciliations, and journal entries. Presented financial statements and analysis directly with upper management.
Pros
free lunches, salary, employee benefits
Cons
long hours, job security
Poor Leadership / Management. Don't Expect Work Life Balance
Engineer (Former Employee) –  ChennaiNovember 27, 2015
Company where no clear roles and responsibilities defined
Company which changes its plan on a day to day basis
Management with no clue on how to run a company
Would Definitely NOT Recommend
Pros
Flex timing, Compensation
Cons
Zero Work Life Balance, No Accountability, Management has No Clue on What to Do
Great learning experiences.
Clean Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOJanuary 13, 2016
A typical day I will revive a verbal tie-in from the previous shift. Then check to make sure all available equipment is running. Check the portal for a tie-in from the production coordinator. Using computer programs look up product running that day find and stage the product. When finished processing take product to next operations. Maintain a clean work verbally tie-in with co-workers for breaks and meetings. Call management when equipment is down put equipment down in proper programs. The hardest part of my job is the long hours and mandatory holidays. The most enjoyable part of my job is being my own boss in away
Working Culture is Good
Engineer- Operations and Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Jodhpur, RajasthanApril 4, 2016
At Sunedison i learn workmanship & I Build Good Team to Work at any comfortable level ,
Good management But not able to approach any one easily.
Due to long Hour of work not able to maintain Work/Life Balance.
Pros
Free Accommodation & Lunch
Cons
Long Hour
Challenging place
Senior Business Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 9, 2015
Dynamic IT environment - you will be challenged at every step of the way. People skills are just as important and IT skills.

Wonderful IT folks at Riverport Saint Louis MO location.

Company likes to embrace tech and drives hard to make it happen.

pays well and good benefits
Pros
good benefits, friendly people
Cons
lacks leadership
Terrible place to work
Solar Consultant (Former Employee) –  New YorkApril 6, 2016
Sunedison is a terrible place to work. Management is the worst I have ever experienced. Most proposals and contracts have errors in them and the design team does not fix them. Every step of the process there are serious issues. From sales to installation it can take seven months and management does not resolve the issue, terrible customer service. If there is an issue with a project instead of resolving it they place the project in Sales Hold were it can remain in perpetuity. They have a step called Verification which the Credit/Verification team was supposed to perform but they never did, so they just put the projects on Sales Hold. I could go on and on. Recently they have been cheating me out of my commission. No wonder they are on the verge of bankruptcy. This is the worst company I have ever worked for.
Cons
Terrible management, not responsive to customers, cheated me out of commissin
Poorly managed, finiky, always in debt, never pay their bills
Engineering Director & Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Belmont, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Likes:
1) Try to do right by their people.
2) International company with opportunities to travel the world,
3) still - barely vertical company from Solar ingot to power plants.

Dislikes:
1) Always owes everyone money. Never pays bills on time. Always cash strapped. This is embarrassing and it is difficult to get work done when no-one wants to work with you.
2) Low salaries and small bonus,
3) Focused on company culture but not on results,
4) Short term focus,
5) No understanding of products and lack of commitment to product development,
6) Lack of talented people and lack of people with solar experience,
7) Can't focus on a path forward for more than a quarter,
8) Not good at integrating companies that they purchase,
9) Normal, standard business operations such as AP and IT are paralyzing ineffective. If you want to do anything, you need to do it yourself.
Great Company but in trouble
Legal Counsel, Senior (Current Employee) –  Belmont, CAApril 4, 2016
I started very recently with SunEdison and was aware there had been some struggles in 2015. However, the struggles turned into a crisis in 2016 with a perfect storm of factors that have driven its market value to nearly 0. I like the culture, the diversity of employees that are from all over the world and the fact they are all excited about renewable energy. However, the financial issues have caused quite a few of those people to move on as the future us uncertain.
Pros
Culture, business
Cons
financial strains
Job
Fleet Operator/Water Treatment/SAF Powder (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXFebruary 27, 2016
Very good place to work. Have been here for 8 years and would have liked to continue here but the plant is closing down. I dealt with connecting full trailers of raw materials to off load for our process, disconnecting empty trailers after offloading, pressure testing empty trailers for leaks before shipping back to our supplier. Testing of process water for P/H and Fluorides and adjusting additives as needed for control. Training of new hires to our department. Loading and offloading Silane trailers and cylinders for our process.
Great Job, Poor Executive Management
Director of Sourcing & Procurement (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMay 3, 2016
I've loved most of my 6 years at SunEdison. We have a great team of people that are completely dedicated to bringing clean, reliable energy to people around the globe.

The attempted acquisition of Vivint Solar sparked the downfall of SunEdison in June 2015. Since them we've been in a downward spiral until we filed Chapter 11 in April 2016.
Pros
Job advancement, compensation, benefits, teamwork
Cons
Insolventcy
Fast Pace, Interesting, Rewarding
project manager (Current Employee) –  Newboro, ON. San Juan, Puerto RicoJanuary 25, 2016
This is one of the best places I worked at. The job is extremely competitive and challenging. You get responsibility from the get go and have to be on top of your duty to be able to manage all aspects of it.
I would have loved to be able to go more places with SunEdison.
Pros
Interesting and Challenging
Cons
Some times you spend long days away from home
Good people work here but it is a difficult place to work
Executive Assistant to the Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJune 16, 2016
Poor management and not a good work/life balance but very good people work at SunEdison. Due to poor management and other extenuating circumstances, the company is now in bankruptcy.
Pros
Good benefits, good salary
Cons
poor management
Completely unorganized
One of the few who has a brain (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 25, 2016
I honestly don't think ANYONE at the company knows what's going on or what to do....I have never worked for such an unorganized company in my life! They do not have the most basic procedures in place. Complete chaos.
Pros
Huge salaries
Cons
EXTREMELY poor leadership
a nice place to work
Turn team operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 3, 2016
a nice place to work
learn the process to grow ingots for solar panel technology
management was good
enjoyed my co-workers
Renewable energy developer with ambitions exceeding its fundamentals
Director, Customer Engagement (Current Employee) –  Belmont, CAMay 26, 2016
It was an interesting experience, great people and ambitious vision but critical executive management mistakes leading to eventual Chapter 11 banruptcy.
Great people to work with
Global Mobility and Immigration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJune 14, 2016
SunEdison is a rewarding place to work. When we are able to deliver cost effective electricity to people and countries who have never had electricity before, it is truly inspiring.
Fair
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 23, 2016
Company did not seem to have American workers best interest at heart. Risky investments worldwide. Operator duties. Moderate pace of work with busier days during upsets.
Pros
Family environment among workforce
Cons
Company Stability
great
Commissioning Engineer (Former Employee) –  UKMay 5, 2015
Out in the field we kind of lacked the benefits of ping pong .
however the people from contractors to MD,s are all good friends and will remain so .

they are a great company , but my role was contract based on the UK market .
Pros
excellent learning curve
Cons
none / company was excellent for my duration
Funplace
Manager - Human Resources (Current Employee) –  BnagaloreMarch 2, 2016
High Energy, focus on Culture, Performance driven company. Spent almost 5 years which was huge learning and fun to work
Great people, poor executive management
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEMay 9, 2016
Great people to work with, unfortunately the company was run into the ground by poor executive management ans shady deals.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Poor managment