SunEdison

SunEdison Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Company Struggling
Operator (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXAugust 6, 2014
Pros: decent salary
Cons: excessive overtime, short staffed
High turnover, very few days off, on call every day off, very few experienced operators left in a very dangerous environment. Explosive raw materials. Pyroforic process.
Friendly co-workers and great working conditions
SOI (Current Employee), St Peters, MIssoureJuly 14, 2014
Pros: we get three days off one week then four the next.
Cons: sometime it's forced overtime
The day starts with checking email to see what shift before did and any issues they may have had from there we keep tools working. We first bond two silicon wafers in the bonding tool then we heat treat them and last cleave them and send them to the next step; cleaning.

It's a lot of computer work so I had to learn the different programs. The management – more... team is great, they are always there to help via email, pager or phone. I get along with most of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job, there really isn't a hard part, I truly like every aspect of my job. The most enjoyable part of the job is I know I'm not just another cog in the wheel, the people at SunEdison really care about my happiness with the job and me as a person. – less
Different
Front Desk Coordinator/Office Management Assistant (Current Employee), Belmont, CAMay 27, 2014
Pros: a check
Cons: to many chiefs and no indians
A lot of things to do, but sometimes you can't get your work done, because you don't have the things needed to complete work
Productive and some fun to work at
Buyer (Current Employee), Portland, ORMay 19, 2014
Pros: solar industry is a neat and clean idea to work towards
Cons: tight budget and difficult to advance for some
Job security exist for those who are competent workers and for those who want to excel. The company has been operating pretty lean during the last 4 years with difficulty for advancement, and tight budget for pay raises.
Excellent company
Operator (Former Employee), CaliforniaApril 14, 2014
Excellent company to work with full benefits.promote easy and they manage there employee nice.
Fun place to work and Technology based company
Engineer Equipment Technician (Current Employee), Saint Peters, MOMarch 16, 2014
Learned a lot about maintaining equipment and the importance of keeping up and running. Very helpful management in answering question and helping in resolving a problem.
very productive work place,
Clean room tech (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 30, 2013
Pros: got enough breaks.
Cons: its a 12 hour shift, either nights or day
was a very productive work place, but it was not the best company to work at, because you had to play games to keep your job and not to get in trouble.

managers were mostly on top of everything that anyone that had a problem they would get it taken care of.\

some of the coworkers were very friendly and they welcomed you into the team that you were – more... on and others did not they complained, about others.

there wasnt really to much that was too hard besides to make sure that you got all of the formals right and always double check your work. – less
Horrible
worker bee (Current Employee), st. peters MOOctober 20, 2013
Cons: uncertain future
This company is ran by middle eastern men who have no use or respect for women. The corporate division has all the perks where as the manufacturing side has not had a raise in 7+ years and works most holidays. The management gives the impression that they have no real direction and the press releases make that clear to the point of being embarrassing. – more... The constant contradiction is costing them millions. – less
Productive and Team Building work place
Engineer Renewable Operations (Current Employee), ChennaiAugust 1, 2013
A place where culture is given more importance. A good rapport between the team and the higher management
Awesome Company
SUPERINTENDENT (Former Employee), San Clemente, CAJanuary 22, 2013
Worked here a long time and made my way up the ranks. I have seen everything and there is nothing I would have done different. I was privilaged to work there.
productive, easy going work environment
Admin. Assist./Onsite Photographer (Former Employee), San Antonio TxAugust 18, 2012
My boss was a very understanding person and trusted me to get the job done.
Great International reputation, many locations and offices, diverse
Utility Project Engineer (Current Employee), Beltsville, MDJune 28, 2012
I liked working for the company. You feel great positively impacting our society though solar systems. Very diverse, fast past but at the same time it is very flexible work environment.
Poor Upper management, undervalued employees
Sales Analyst (Former Employee), CA, COMay 16, 2012
Bad long term corp strategy. Little respect or value for employees, treated as a commodity. Bad HR. Culture of elitism. Limited visibility into strategic direction.
Family Work Balance is Awesome.
Project Management Coordinator (Current Employee), Belmont, CAMay 14, 2012
Pros: get to work at home on snow days, work at home on repair appointments
Cons: missing out of company events, not being able to network.
Most challenging thing about this job is that I work remotely from my manager and team so I have to make the extra effort to keep in touch and create the team atmosphere for myself. I love the flexibility of my job and the management style of my manager.