Suncor Employee Reviews in Canada

Very Good
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 2, 2015
A very good company to start your career.. Big name and good salary. Get a work experience in this company and increase your market value.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
No job security
Very good company
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 9, 2016
This company provides its interns with full responsibility to take control of their projects. Gives a lot of opportunity to grow technically and inter personally.
Productive and fun workplace
Mine Engineer Student, Long Range Planning (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 30, 2015
Great on-boarding process. Supervisors and Managers are great leaders and innovators. Very productive mine with great safety culture. Too bad oil prices are down.
Pros
Safety culture
Cons
Job security
Productive place to work with a good co-workers
office services (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 3, 2015
Great place to work with lots of things to keep me busy. Good co-workers and a good work setting. I learned lots from our weekly meetings and how to manage a team of people. The hardest part of the job was taking over for other people because you had to learn their routine usually on the same day. The best part of the job was getting to talk to people and go to multiple areas on site.
Pros
Indoors
Cons
Lots of walking
working at suncor, not fun
Condition Monitoring Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 12, 2015
as mentioned above won't tell you much about the organization.
They're laying off people like never before.
But yeah suncor got COS shareholders that could be a big whopper.
Pros
strong management
Cons
no life
great environment to work in
Bilingual Biofuels Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Great people, open minded management, just an overall great place to work
benefits
Cons
none that i have come across
Suncor
Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 27, 2014
Suncor is great company to work for. The benefits are in line with all other oil companies and the work atmosphere at the plant i work at is good. Safety is differently at the top of everyone s list no matter if your the floor cleaner or the CEO
Pros
good pay, loads of training, good benefits
Cons
the drive in at the plant i work at can be a challenge
Awesome group of people to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 12, 2015
Management supports you and works hard to ensure that the department is functioning to its optimum.
A person is fully trained and knowledgeable from various aspects of the position they are hired for.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
Downsizing of many administrative positions
Great place to work.
Well Site Supervisor Suncor Canada Oil Sands (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABDecember 30, 2015
Very safety oriented. Great team leaders. Very organized when it comes to everyone being on the same page. Very few bad examples.
Not always practicing what they preach
Lead Rotating Equipment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurrayJuly 21, 2014
Managed the Rotating equipment specialist group in predictive maintenance.
Management not always supporting new ideas and suggestions
Good co-workers
Pros
good benifits
Cons
always expected to be on call
Busy Office Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABFebruary 19, 2013
Suncor is a busy workplace, with a numbers of activities going on at once. There is only limited advancement opporunities. However, the salary and benefits are good if your staff.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
minimal advancement
moderate ratings
Customer/Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  HamiltonSeptember 26, 2015
The company is very well managed but when it comes to stations whose management is given to franchisee that I worked for is not satisfactory because it always tends to maximise their respective profit. I work for their distribution of their petro products or gas stations.
Productive and fun place to work at
Lab Assistant (Summer Intern) (Former Employee) –  Port MoodySeptember 22, 2015
It's an excellent place for anyone to kick start his/her career in the oil and gas industry. It offers a lot of learning opportunities.
Politics
Business Services (Current Employee) –  ABFebruary 24, 2014
A manager just said openly the other day to his staff:" Words of wisdom that you should take to heart: what interests my manager; fascinates me". Enough said...
Pros
money and benefits
Cons
management
Great work life balance
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 3, 2014
Suncor offers great work life balance, salary, and great respect from the managers.
Review
Power Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABAugust 6, 2012
Good shift and good pay. More focus on production over safety, change in management affect worker morale
Pros
salary and shift
Cons
focus on production over safety
security and safety work is top most at suncor project
Instrument Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABAugust 27, 2012
Work environment behaves good friendly with the worker .Salary and accommodation as compare to other project or other company is very good . Nice food and transportation available.
Great Job
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  CalgaryDecember 22, 2014
Working for Suncor was a great learning experience for me. It was a large organization with a lot of great opportunity. I moved around to a couple of different positions until I found my challenge of being an HR Advisor and a HR Recruiter while going to school. The most hardest part of the job was the demand for perfection was high. I had a great team whom always had my back. The most enjoyable part of the job was my team and the work life balance.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
movement of management
Suncor is a positive and challenging work environment.
Senior Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  EdmontonJune 26, 2015
I have learned a great deal working at Suncor and have kept up with many challenges in my role as a Senior Contract Administrator. A typical day at work is dealing with many Clients and Stakeholders. Expediting requirements for contracts and making sure everyone is getting what they need from Contractors and Vendors. I work with a great team and enjoy being part of a team that works well together. The hardest part of my job is trying to push people to provide what I need to do my job and the most enjoyable part of my job is when a contract is executed and I know I have done my job well.
My personal objective to get the job done in a safe and productive manner.
Utilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJuly 16, 2013
80% office work 20% field work, typical day started with responding to e-mails, issuing work permits, attending toolbox talks with contractors and coordinating work. I learned Suncor practices, procedures and safety aspects, manage contractors on a daily basis. Co-workers such as co-ordinators, administration and management always had good communication. The hardest part of the job was to find the time to book and complete designated courses assigned to coordinators with our busy schedule. The most enjoyable part is cooking breakfast and inviting fellow workers to enjoy and relax, yes we still discuss work on occasion .
Pros
lots of free lunches for appreciation and safety
Cons
no problem with long hours

4.2