Suncor

Suncor Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very productive work culture
Project Controls Analyst (Current Employee), fort mcmurraySeptember 10, 2013
Very balance work culture, company value work life balance.
Great atmosphere and learning experience
Business Advisor (Former Employee), North York, ONSeptember 2, 2013
Hierarchical culture but lots of experience opportunities as long as you don't work in a Shared Services function.
Suncor - Tailings Supervisor
Tailings Operation Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 2, 2013
12 hr work days... Management meeting... Prep for Toolbox talk... Conduct Toolbox talk... enter pay and time... review the issued work permits... Supervise and ensure work is being conducted safely in the field. Look after all the pumps / Barges / and ponds.
Productive workplace
Operating Engineer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJuly 31, 2013
Pros: bonus pay, safety awards
Cons: many employees can make you feel like a number
A typical day starts with safety. The management really cares about employees safety. I learned to operate the largest mining haul trucks in the world. The company allows lots of decisions to be made by the employee, as long as it complies with safety procedures.
My personal objective to get the job done in a safe and productive manner.
Utilities Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJuly 16, 2013
Pros: lots of free lunches for appreciation and safety
Cons: no problem with long hours
80% office work 20% field work, typical day started with responding to e-mails, issuing work permits, attending toolbox talks with contractors and coordinating work. I learned Suncor practices, procedures and safety aspects, manage contractors on a daily basis. Co-workers such as co-ordinators, administration and management always had good communication. – more... The hardest part of the job was to find the time to book and complete designated courses assigned to coordinators with our busy schedule. The most enjoyable part is cooking breakfast and inviting fellow workers to enjoy and relax, yes we still discuss work on occasion . – less
risk management, not open to contractors input for potential concerns
safety supervisor (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJuly 10, 2013
Pros: close parking
This was an expansion ( twinning) of an existing ethonol plant. TYPICAL DAY WAS AUDITING FOR COMPLIANCE,correcting unsafe practice,documenting concerns for client review. I learned that in this plant that concerns for anhydrus ammonia differ from other plants assessing hazzard value,Other Suncor job was at there refinery expansion in sarnia, remodle – more... and upgrade catcracker and crude tank upgrader – less
Expects hard work but pays well.
Program Developer/Instructor (Former Employee), Firebag In Situ Site, AlbertaJune 28, 2013
Over 30 years with Suncor. A huge variety of career options, from tradesperson to senior management.
Expects hard work but pays well.
Good balance of work and personal life
Planner Coordinator (Former Employee), suncor business center Fort Mcmurray albertaMay 30, 2013
Good place to work must be a self motivated individual there is very little guidance.

Know your job and stay on top of it, involves field placement and office computer skills

Become an employee as contracting is short term and unpredictable.

Be care full who you trust

Hardest part was leaving most enjoyable part was starting.
Execellent Company with many benifits.
Supervisor/Co-ordinator- Maintenance (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMay 21, 2013
Pros: monthly bonuses
Cons: 2 hour drive to work.
My job consisted of Supervising a Large contracting Company that were responsible for the maintenance on approxiametly 1300 Cranes and elevators across the oil sands site.
I then reported to a senior supervisor with daily activities and weekly work schedule and everything pertaining to safety and production.

Hardest part of job was having to leave.

The – more... most enjoyable part was working with a company that truely looks after their men. – less
A productive work place with more diversity
Suncor Power Engineer- process operator (Former Employee), Fort Mcmurray, ABMay 13, 2013
Pros: very good place to learn and grow as power engineer
Cons: long hours and overtime which can be also good on the other hand
A day in october 2013 we have to deal with H2S leak from the view port in sulphur plant 53.
We have to put our scott pack on and solve the problem.
Great workplace which has good culture and values on safety.
Oil & Gas Engineering-In-Training (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 23, 2013
This was a great place to learn and grow. By working with lots of great subject matter experts and project managers, I gained both technical knowledge and management skills. Co-workers were quite supportive. Manager was able to delegate some challenging tasks while some of them required strong communication skills and strategies. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was the people here in the company who were genuine, supportive and friendly. – less
Suncor is an organization that invests in good people. The company has a good working culture along with strategic values that align with the industry
Contracts Manager - Engineering Services (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 21, 2013
Pros: safety is key, flexible hour, open mind, growth culture, training providers and
Cons: highly flexible to industry trends
I'm excited to come to work everyday, as each day has its own challenges and excitment. My team is very supportive and I'm glad they are seeing themselves motivated to achieve my goals.

Over the last seven years, Suncor Management have been extremely passionate above my carreer and growth within the organziation which I'm most thankful for.
Great Company to Work For
IS (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2013
I really enjoyed the flexitime schedule as did a lot of other people. There were several people starting their day by 7am and finishing by 4pm. As a contractor my hours were fixed with no overtime. This was tough with tight deadlines, but was nice to have the work/life balance.
Great Company to Work For
IS (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2013
Productive and ever growing company with many opportunities.
Facilities Planning Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 6, 2013
Productive and ever growing company with many opportunities.
Professional and relaxed atmosphere.
Instrumentation Specialist (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 27, 2013
There is lots to learn at suncor especially for new graduates. You gain lots of field experience.
Busy Office Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: minimal advancement
Suncor is a busy workplace, with a numbers of activities going on at once. There is only limited advancement opporunities. However, the salary and benefits are good if your staff.
Suncor is a great company.
Transportation Auditor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: camp life with food included, flexible hours, great people.
Cons: none.
I was hired for a two month contract in Alberta in the summer of 2012. Suncor made it easy for me to travel from Ontario to Alberta, provided me a place to stay and food. The hours were great, and I have no complaints with this company.
your need a sponser to advance
G&G (Former Employee), calgaryJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: like coworkers and personal time off
Cons: bad managment
managment need some decent degree most have high diploma. it all about your connections and friendship. you get some experience and fly. no respect for senior employee. people with long experience stuck going no where execpt way out.

About Suncor

The skeptics said Canada's oil sands could never be developed commercially. In 1967, Suncor Energy proved them wrong; the perseverance, – Read more