Suncor

Suncor Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great workplace which has good culture and values on safety.
Oil & Gas Engineering-In-Training (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 23, 2013
This was a great place to learn and grow. By working with lots of great subject matter experts and project managers, I gained both technical knowledge and management skills. Co-workers were quite supportive. Manager was able to delegate some challenging tasks while some of them required strong communication skills and strategies. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was the people here in the company who were genuine, supportive and friendly. – less
Suncor is an organization that invests in good people. The company has a good working culture along with strategic values that align with the industry
Contracts Manager - Engineering Services (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 21, 2013
Pros: safety is key, flexible hour, open mind, growth culture, training providers and
Cons: highly flexible to industry trends
I'm excited to come to work everyday, as each day has its own challenges and excitment. My team is very supportive and I'm glad they are seeing themselves motivated to achieve my goals.

Over the last seven years, Suncor Management have been extremely passionate above my carreer and growth within the organziation which I'm most thankful for.
Great Company to Work For
IS (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2013
I really enjoyed the flexitime schedule as did a lot of other people. There were several people starting their day by 7am and finishing by 4pm. As a contractor my hours were fixed with no overtime. This was tough with tight deadlines, but was nice to have the work/life balance.
Great Company to Work For
IS (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2013
Productive and ever growing company with many opportunities.
Facilities Planning Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 6, 2013
Productive and ever growing company with many opportunities.
Professional and relaxed atmosphere.
Instrumentation Specialist (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 27, 2013
There is lots to learn at suncor especially for new graduates. You gain lots of field experience.
Busy Office Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: minimal advancement
Suncor is a busy workplace, with a numbers of activities going on at once. There is only limited advancement opporunities. However, the salary and benefits are good if your staff.
Suncor is a great company.
Transportation Auditor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: camp life with food included, flexible hours, great people.
Cons: none.
I was hired for a two month contract in Alberta in the summer of 2012. Suncor made it easy for me to travel from Ontario to Alberta, provided me a place to stay and food. The hours were great, and I have no complaints with this company.
your need a sponser to advance
G&G (Former Employee), calgaryJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: like coworkers and personal time off
Cons: bad managment
managment need some decent degree most have high diploma. it all about your connections and friendship. you get some experience and fly. no respect for senior employee. people with long experience stuck going no where execpt way out.
Bang on for workplace jazz
JV Driver (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: professional crew
super guys to work with. supervision was great and all the guys from around the world coming to make this job come together were really stellar. I made lots of new friends here.
Large company treatment
Capability Development Analyst (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 29, 2012
Pros: job security
Cons: you're just a number
After three and a half years of working at Suncor I applied for a job that I was qualified for but because of my current position I wasn't even interviewed and was told to quit and apply to Suncor again in a year if I wanted that job...?!?! Great way to retain people. I've also noticed policies are grey and it completely depends on the group you're – more... working with more than the company. – less
Not a fan.
Contract Administrator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 10, 2012
Pros: none.
Cons: too many to list...
Suncor does not provide a stable working environment. I do not like how they manager their people either.
Great Pay. Long hours of work
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABDecember 10, 2012
Pros: great pay
Cons: not much time to spend with family
Operated various heavy equipment. Enjoyed the WABCO the most
Good review
Construction Manager Early Works -Voyageur Project (Current Employee), Fort McMurray , AlbertaDecember 5, 2012
Very positive place to work
Positive and progressive attitude
good place to work if you are seeking slave like relationship
Network Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 26, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: job security
good place to work if you are seeking slave like relationship.
they can fire you at any time for any reasons.
and most important thing is no single penny of severance pay.
not recommended for normal people.
Productive and fun workplace with excellent options to balance life and work that other companies just dont have
Document Control Coordinator (Current Employee), fort mcmurrayOctober 22, 2012
Pros: personal time off days, and the people are amazing and very friendly and productive
Cons: no advancement
The ONLY problem with this company is advancement is almost non existent unless you have connections.
Day in the life
Data Entry/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: events
Cons: long hours.
Great place to work. People are kind and willing to help out as much as possible.
security and safety work is top most at suncor project
Instrument Technician (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 27, 2012
Work environment behaves good friendly with the worker .Salary and accommodation as compare to other project or other company is very good . Nice food and transportation available.
a typical day
CO-OP Program Keyano College (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 24, 2012
This job was pipe and more pipe for tailings lines 20 to 40 inch. I gained a lot of expierine stick welding here in all postitions as well as learned the protocals and procedures involved with welding and inspecting the welds visually. The management was great treated you very well the co workers were mostly good as usual.
productive place to work with lots of chances to move up
Heavy hauler operator (Current Employee), fort mcmurray abAugust 22, 2012
i enjoy working for suncor but im looking for a camp job...i have learned to work in the mine as a operator and how to work with other people.

About Suncor

The skeptics said Canada's oil sands could never be developed commercially. In 1967, Suncor Energy proved them wrong; the perseverance, – Read more