Suncor Employee Reviews

hard
Laborer (Former Employee) –  fort macSeptember 17, 2015
had to work outdoors alot, great co-workers, boss was pretty laid back, hard working team. Must have a winning attitude and network to get far in this industry.
Pros
pay
Cons
environment
Productive and fun wok place
Device & Integration Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  MississugaSeptember 15, 2015
Working at Sucor been a fun journey. I learned a lot about sustainability and reliability.
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
benefits are only for full time employes
Excellent working environment
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 8, 2015
I worked for Suncor for 28 years. Great job security and room for advancement. Salary and benefits were excellent. Training and education were always available.
Pros
Great salary and benefits.
Cons
great place to learn and work
Co-Op Student Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 3, 2015
> very knowledgable senior staff
> large and powerful equipment always keeps you on your toes
> flexible work environment with plenty of time off
> fly in/ fly out much safer than driving highway 63
> great camp to live in with lots to do after work hours
> good food, clean rooms
> great operating team toward with and learn from
Good
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Former Employee) –  MississaugaAugust 31, 2015
- Growing environment with trainings all along the work;
- Strict work conduct code with company to internal and external customers;
- Safety emphasis with responsibility to the environment.
Pros
Free bevarage
Productive and fun place to work
Process Engineer, EIT (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 15, 2015
Productive and fun place to work. Good place to start your career as it has effective mentoring program in place.
•a typical day at work: good
•what you learned: Engineering
•management: Good
•your co-workers: just like family
•the hardest part of the job: Nothing is hard
•the most enjoyable part of the job: Team Work
Pros
Mentoring Program
Cons
Not as such
Highly safety oriented culture with great opportunities for learning
Engineering Co-op - Maintenance & Reliability (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLAugust 13, 2015
You get to learn a lot from people who have tons of experience in the industry. There is freedom to innovate better work processes if you put in the effort. An issue that came up was, due to the company's large size it is hard to maintain effective communication between different departments.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement
Cons
Higher management keeps changing
Consulting here
Workstation Software Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 6, 2015
A good company to work overall, but there was a definite separation between employees and contractors. Outsourcing to IBM left contractors with no offers, so we all had to find our new positions on our own.
Culture and dynamics
Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 6, 2015
Dealt with many different people on a day to day basis, can be fast-paced and impossible deadlines from the internal customers.
Pros
Great pay, medical and dental coverage and savings program.
Cons
Lack of communication on many levels
Suncor is most important company in Canada
Analyst Consultant Contractor (Current Employee) –  Firebag, ABAugust 2, 2015
Our company offers a variety of career paths for operations, technical, professional and leadership streams. The Career Compass is a tool that gives insight into careers at Suncor and the different ways people can move into a new position or stay in their current role for a satisfying career.

Within the career tool, there are many resources that help identify potential career paths. It also shows how others have navigated their careers at Suncor and gives a standard way to talk about career and development.

The Career Compass, along with other resources in our development toolkit, supports our ability to retain and engage people to meet our business needs
Very Good company to work for
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  CanadaJuly 24, 2015
Excellent opportunity to learn. Excellent compensation and benefits. Great people to work with. Excellent place for interns and new grad.
Pros
Work Conditions
Cons
Too many change management
It was a truly great experience
Warehouse/Parts Technician (Former Employee) –  main warehouseJuly 21, 2015
:)All the training you require, you will get a chance to do. Good people and always exciting. Lots of challenges but there is always someone willing to lend a hand.
I loved everything about working at Suncor Energy.
Analyst/Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Moody, BCJuly 16, 2015
A typical day at work would start off by checking and replying to e-mails and phone messages. Going over my agenda on what needed to be done that day. I would do inventory reconciliations, journal entries, and month end balancing, etc. Everyone at Suncor was great management and co-workers were very easy to get a lot with.
very productive
Labourer (Former Employee) –  fort mc murrayJuly 5, 2015
fun working nice people and good to work with helped to get me courses and the busing to and from work was really good and the hours were good
Fun place to work, with great perks.
Process operator/Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AlbertaJune 30, 2015
It was a great team effort, and fun people to work with/for. Everyone carried their own load, and had great work ethic. Also, people knew when to have fun, and when to be serious. Got to learn lots about the oil and gas industry.
Lots of knowledgeable people
Inspection Intern (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJune 27, 2015
Suncor was a great company to work for it is a shame i could not have gone back due to they maxed out there staff. I have meet so many great people and great learning experience in the refinery.
Suncor is a positive and challenging work environment.
Senior Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  EdmontonJune 26, 2015
I have learned a great deal working at Suncor and have kept up with many challenges in my role as a Senior Contract Administrator. A typical day at work is dealing with many Clients and Stakeholders. Expediting requirements for contracts and making sure everyone is getting what they need from Contractors and Vendors. I work with a great team and enjoy being part of a team that works well together. The hardest part of my job is trying to push people to provide what I need to do my job and the most enjoyable part of my job is when a contract is executed and I know I have done my job well.
It's a good part-time job jor students
Support Trucks Planner (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurrayJune 25, 2015
Very busy job, students constantly ask questions. It helped me get really good at Math, Chemisty and Physics. Constantly answering questions help me train my mind to stay focused more than before.
playable place to work
ETL Tester (Retail Pricing Analyst Role) (Former Employee) –  TorontoJune 12, 2015
Every day will be good start at this company, learnt so much information. my co-workers are also pretty helpful, the experience was awesome.
Great people, good work culture but there is fair bit of red tape in upper management. Too bad the dip in oil prices squeezed out a lot of good folks
In Asset Management (Former Employee) –  OakvilleJune 9, 2015
The people and job culture is excellent. But there are a lot of redundant roles doing the same job. So middle management ends up micro-managing.
Pros
Exposure to a lot of work, Learning opportunities, Great work colleagues, Good benefits
Cons
Like to do things internally, do not like to hire external consultants for expert advice.

4.2