Suncor Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
a good learning experience
Process Operator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 29, 2015
Pros: high pay
Cons: long hours
Fun work place with supportive management.
Lots of Employee Benefits
Junior Estimator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 27, 2015
Pros: Employee Benefits
Lots of great Employee Benefits to improve Job Work/Life Balance. However, these are not always the most accessible to offsite employees. During restructuring periods, this can also be quite a nerve-wracking experience for junior/new grad employees. Great training resources on the company and policies are provided. Job specific training could be improved.
Not enough challenge
Senior Advisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 18, 2015
Pros: Gym and daycare on site
Cons: Too many layers of management
I think that Suncor is an excellent company, and I was very excited to work for them. However, the role I was in was not challenging enough. There was not enough work and I was twiddling my thumbs most of the time. There did not seem to be room for advancement in my department. For me, the challenge wasn't there at the time, but I would consider returning to the company if there was a more progressive position available.
Productive, Busy and very very important work
E & I Specialist (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABOctober 15, 2015
It was great experience working with company like Suncor. Suncor provides great platform for learning and experiencing all different types of oil sands processes.
Awesome group of people to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 12, 2015
Pros: Great teamwork
Cons: Downsizing of many administrative positions
Management supports you and works hard to ensure that the department is functioning to its optimum.
A person is fully trained and knowledgeable from various aspects of the position they are hired for.
A good place to be
Assistant to Site Director / ILP Coordinator (SAP) (Current Employee), Fort Hills projectOctober 7, 2015
Pros: Pays well - (somewhat) flexible manager
Cons: work life balance was tilted
Suncor is a great company to work for. Management is fair and co-workers are generally happy.

Good Company
MANAGER (Former Employee), Fort McmurrayOctober 5, 2015
Good Benefits but lack of direction and clarity of communication. Top management is often confused. Some times too soft on employees
I enjoy what I do
skilled labourer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 5, 2015
Pros: Think safety be safe
Cons: Dislike winers
I enjoy the work I have accomplished and efford it took. I believe in in this matfor of.....honest day work for honest day pay
Fast paced,safety oriented, fun, rewarding
Maintenance Planner (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABOctober 2, 2015
Pros: Lots of training, good wages, empowered, teamwork
Cons: politics, changing management
Loved my job because of the variety and good people to work with.

Daily work was involved with reviewing and releasing PM Work Orders. Then reviewing approved to plan Notifications and start planning them based on priority and urgency. Review of spare parts required and perhaps external services required as well.

I learned a lot about the newest format of SAP and many new opportunities to streamline the SAP Process. I was involved with the cross department meetings in order to find roadblocks or bottlenecks to work through those issues to a positive solution.

Management was a revolving door and that was my most frustrating part of my job.

The most enjoyable part of my job was getting things done with the right people, with the right parts at the right time; with minimal re-planning at the point of Execution - by attaching drawings, P&ID's Procedures and OEM information
Fast Past
Planner (Current Employee), Ft.McMurray, ABSeptember 30, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: not much room for advancement
Typical day, involves morning safety moment followed by round table discussion. Then into the work load addressing different challenges and finding solutions.
Productive and fun workplace
Mine Engineer Student, Long Range Planning (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 30, 2015
Pros: Safety culture
Cons: Job security
Great on-boarding process. Supervisors and Managers are great leaders and innovators. Very productive mine with great safety culture. Too bad oil prices are down.
moderate ratings
Customer/Service/Cashier (Former Employee), HamiltonSeptember 26, 2015
The company is very well managed but when it comes to stations whose management is given to franchisee that I worked for is not satisfactory because it always tends to maximise their respective profit. I work for their distribution of their petro products or gas stations.
Productive and fun place to work at
Lab Assistant (Summer Intern) (Former Employee), Port MoodySeptember 22, 2015
It's an excellent place for anyone to kick start his/her career in the oil and gas industry. It offers a lot of learning opportunities.
Excellent place to work at
Automation Engineering Co-op (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 21, 2015
As a co-op student I was treated like a full time worker. There is a huge emphasis on process and workplace safety. A lot of resources go into development and training. Extremely interesting and rewarding.
Good company
Mechanical Engineering Co-op Student (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 20, 2015
Good company to work for. Learnt a lot about field engineering during my co-op work term. Jobs are a bit unstable due to low oil price.
hard
Laborer (Former Employee), fort macSeptember 17, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: environment
had to work outdoors alot, great co-workers, boss was pretty laid back, hard working team. Must have a winning attitude and network to get far in this industry.
Productive and fun wok place
Device & Integration Operations Analyst (Current Employee), MississugaSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: benefits are only for full time employes
Working at Sucor been a fun journey. I learned a lot about sustainability and reliability.
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Excellent working environment
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 8, 2015
Pros: Great salary and benefits.
Cons: None
I worked for Suncor for 28 years. Great job security and room for advancement. Salary and benefits were excellent. Training and education were always available.
great place to learn and work
Co-Op Student Operator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 3, 2015
> very knowledgable senior staff
> large and powerful equipment always keeps you on your toes
> flexible work environment with plenty of time off
> fly in/ fly out much safer than driving highway 63
> great camp to live in with lots to do after work hours
> good food, clean rooms
> great operating team toward with and learn from
Good
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Former Employee), MississaugaAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Free bevarage
- Growing environment with trainings all along the work;
- Strict work conduct code with company to internal and external customers;
- Safety emphasis with responsibility to the environment.
Headquarters