Suncor

Suncor Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Supportive team to work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: great people with lots of opportunity
Cons: each business unit can be completely different
I learned how to really enjoy working in a team setting. The people are what make a company. When there is great Management people want to go above and beyond because they feel appreciated. I enjoyed all the activities and benefits offered for team building each year. Overall great company to work for.
Fast paced interesting work place
Chemist/Chemical Section Supervisor (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJanuary 30, 2015
Fast paced
Instrument calibration and operation
Excellent with a few bad ones.
Over all good
Time constraint. Meeting deadline
Something new quite often
NA
Power Eng (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 27, 2015
Long Days at work but the money made up for them
i learned a lot that they don't teach in class
management are great people
Good place to work.
Field Engineering Manager - Fort Hills Project (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 22, 2015
Good place to work. Good management and staff. Good peers and co-workers. Exciting and interesting projects. Challenging yet enjoyable. Living in camp can be a challenge and due to this the balance between work and family can be difficult. Overall very good place to work.
A great company to work for
Senior Advisor, Auditor, (Lead) Project Engineer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: a lot of team players
Cons: some mean people
Job Work/Life Balance is great
Salary/Benefits are great
Job Security/Advancement is great
Management is great
Job Culture is good
No too bad company
Sr. Mechanical Reliability Engineer (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 18, 2015
It is good company to work for. It was a great experience but people are people wherever you go. Overall it good company. The pension and saving plan surprised me.
great environment to work in
Bilingual Biofuels Analyst (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: none that i have come across
Great people, open minded management, just an overall great place to work
work environment was supportive
E&I Reliability Engineering Co-Op (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 14, 2015
Excellent co-worker and supervisor
Hands-on learning experience
Great salary and benefits
Different types of projects and work
Supportive team members
Good management for projects
Well described work experience
Learnt how to communicate and finish work on time
very good place to work for,,good people from everywhere
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: good pay, safety over excited.
Cons: away from home, long hours
you must be willing to spend long hours on the job site,,away from home,,friends and family,,but the money is really good and can get you adhead in paying off stuff,,but can also lock you in when you overspend,,just make sure you plan everything,,,
great workplace
Power Engineer 3rd Class (Student) (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 12, 2015
o Full-time employee in a 1st Class Plant
o Panel Operator
o Floor Operator
o Complete understanding of the pulp and paper process
o Completed chemical testing
o Completed maintenance on various equipment
o Back flushed heat exchangers
o Started up/shut down equipment
o Trainer for new employees
Great company great vision
Stream Lead/Release Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great culture, gym
Cons: nothing to talk about
Suncor knows what it should do and goes on rigorously in achieving its objectives. The management is great and has a solid vision. It is fun to work for and people are very co-operative. You will relish working here. It is important to think big here
Productive and fun environment filled with valuable experience
Intellectual Property Admin Support (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2015
My position required me to create a database for contracts and legal agreements that Suncor has had for the Technology Development Department.
This position required me to set my own deadlines since the purpose of my position was to create a database by the end of my work term. I was allowed to participate in team meetings to help me understand technical terms and processes that were taking place in the Oil Sands. I, also, attended a session that helped me understand Suncor's liability in its existing and future contracts, licenses, and legal agreements.
Every employee is willing to help if you ask for it. Suncor has a very friendly environment where everyone is respected and is very strong on safety in the workplace.
The hardest part of my position was the tedious effort of scanning binders and binders of legal documents which was required of my position. It takes a long time and is physically straining.
However, the most enjoyable part of my job was the tremendous learning experience I had gained. I got to learn a lot of technical knowledge, work ethics, and awareness of safety.
I truly believe that my Suncor experience is a turning point in my career as a future Electrical Engineer.
Safe, challenging, diverse work environment - strong organizational and operational goals
Facilities Planner (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABDecember 30, 2014
Pros: safe, challenging, diverse, focused on the people
Suncor Energy is a company committed to safety and the advancement of its employees. All ventures pursued align with the company's focus of creating energy for a better world, with the execution of all involved works coinciding with internal and external goals, aspirations towards operational excellence and with a focus that safety is key. Working at Suncor Energy is like working with family - a big, diverse family. All employees possess similar goals - the betterment of themselves, betterment for their families and growth for the company. The challenging work environment pushed all workers, employees and contractors alike, to grow in all areas - in their understanding of the industry, in understanding career related goals, in understanding themselves. Initiative was easy to demonstrate, and the demonstration of initiative was welcomed. Suncor remains committed to its mission, executes work according to its vision and maintains its values through each and every venture pursued. Working at Suncor is an excellent opportunity.
Terrible Unsafe Dangerous Hazardous Backstabbing Place to Work
Operations Technician (Former Employee), Millenium Plant-Fort McMurry, AlbertaDecember 29, 2014
Pros: nothing. make not bad money but get audited by cra!!!!!
Cons: unsafe-dangerous-drug ladden-injury toxic work enviroment
Terrible -Unsafe Dangerous Work Environment. Suncor Employees get Injured -Hurt EVERY DAY. Managers Donot listen to Employees Safety Concerns! Poluted Air in the plant buildings-some employees get Sick from Exposure. Saw my workmates get sick and have to go to the Fort McMurray hospital -where they Downplay everything-every ailment, every Injury. Alot of DRUG USE and Alcoholic Drinking at Suncor. Then treated at Fort Mac hospital -THEN FIRED -LAID OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Massive Infections up on the Suncor plant-Millenium Mine due to Toxic air, water, contaminated environment! A cut in your hand will Instantly become Infected -antibiotics, and hard core drugs to get rid of the Infection. Saw my fellow employees get Injuries due to DRUG USE! Not knowing what they were DOING!!!!!!!!! Some Almost KILLED!!!!! DRUGS are EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!! Heavey Alcoholic Drinking. Employees -HUNG OVER-Acting Stupid. Unsafe to Work With. UNSAFE PLACE TO WORK. YOU WILL GET INJURED, HURT, and COULD DIE Working At SUNCOR!!!!!!!!!!!
Good place to work!
Mechanical Engineer, Intern (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABDecember 24, 2014
Good place to work! I have learned a lot of technical knowledge about heavy mining equipment and others. The relocation service is very good. I will recommend you to work with Suncor.
Great Job
Recruiter (Former Employee), CalgaryDecember 22, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: movement of management
Working for Suncor was a great learning experience for me. It was a large organization with a lot of great opportunity. I moved around to a couple of different positions until I found my challenge of being an HR Advisor and a HR Recruiter while going to school. The most hardest part of the job was the demand for perfection was high. I had a great team whom always had my back. The most enjoyable part of the job was my team and the work life balance.
great fast paced environment
Junior Maintenance Planner, LVF Fleet (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABDecember 16, 2014
Suncor as a company is one of the best. learned something new everyday. worked well with the mechanics and supervisors. fast paced environment. loved the diversity of work that was assigned . loved the shift 6 on 6 off. Worked with the planners to make sure PM's were done in a timely manner.
Productive Great Place to work
QA Piping Inspector (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 24, 2014
Pros: excellent services
Cons: 7am to 7pm
A great place to learn and advance
Learn a lot about inservice equiment
Management is good
Co-Workers make this a great place to work
Shift work is difficult, flow of information is lacking
Informative and Productive
File Administrator/Auditor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: a lot of physical work
- A typical day at work involved so working on well files, extracting and updating database with well file information,lifting a boxes pulling carts, liaising with different other teams to get information about well files, reading maps, educating newer employees on various work process.
- I learned how to multitask, Auditing various steps of the process, managing a team
- My co-workers were very friendly and hardworking people, working with them was a delight
The hardest part of the job was managing a team while multitasking, and performing other duties.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was auditing
Suncor - Great place to work.
Logistics Coordinator/Expeditor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 13, 2014
Pros: good pay, good people, good work
Cons: alot of new employees
I was and always have been treated very well here. People are great to work with and management is very easy to work for:

Clear goals
Good assignments
Very good family and life balance

The most Canadian cultured company of all the oil and gas companies to work with.

Overall very, very good.

About Suncor

The skeptics said Canada's oil sands could never be developed commercially. In 1967, Suncor Energy proved them wrong; the perseverance, – Read more

Suncor Photos

Love working in the refinery