Suncor

Suncor Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent place to work
Technical Assistant (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Health and Dental benefits, days off
Cons: working lunches
Numerous chances to grow, constant challenging environment which enhance the ability to multitask and work under deadlines.
WAS A VERY GREAT PLACE TO WORK AT 10 YRS AGO
Unit leader (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 19, 2015
THE WAY EMPLOYEES ARE TREATED HAVE DETERATED OVERTHE YEARS. WORKERS NOT RESPECTED AS THEY WERE YEARS AGO.ITS SEEMSTHAT PRODUCTIVITY TAKES PRIORITYOVER EMPLOYEES
A worthwhile experience working with people at the company.
Sr. Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee), Ft. Hill, Ft. Mcmurray, AlbertaMarch 15, 2015
A worthwhile experience working with people at the company. The project is huge and lot of experience will be developed.
Suncor: Very good place to work
Turnaround Mechanical Engineer in Training (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 13, 2015
Pros: excellent salary package, good experience, good employees
Cons: cold in fort mcmurray
I worked at Suncor as an intern and I had the best time of my life during this one year. The experience was great. Accommodation was provided by the company. There were many young interns and new graduates in the company with weekly events happening at Suncor accommodation.

I had a very good manager and provided excellent mentoring. My mistake was to turn down their offer to hire me as an EIT after graduation. I highly advise joining their new grad or intern programs.
Dynamic workplace
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), calgaryMarch 13, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: unstable
Workplace is pretty unstable and unsettling.
Communication from the higher management is bad.
Workplace has good intelligent people
Nice atmosphere
Drilling supervisor/Logistic Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 13, 2015
Pros: on site supervisor (consultants) used experience to train new workers.
Cons: delays with dissensions making from calgary.
Oversee day to day drilling activity including construction and safety.
Review all permits prior to day to day activities.
Culture is one which supports out of the box thinking
Project Controls Manager (Former Employee), Firebag site, Fort McMurray, AlbertaMarch 10, 2015
Work days are dependent on shifts allotted.
Great place to practice what has been learned over time. People are good at supporting.
Great working environment
Learning Admin - PD&L (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 4, 2015
Pros: learn something new
Cons: no job security
I loved working there, I loved the people, the environment, how professional most people were, their closeness with each other, their belief in due diligence, and priorities of a safe environment.
An exciting workplace to learn new things
Document Control Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, AlbertaMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free souvenirs
Cons: no job security
Fast-paced environment dealing with documentations in oil and gas industry. This is a new experience for me working in documentations providing information to stakeholders; business units, construction teams, contractors and engineering groups. Coordination with all cross-functional teams. I had fun working with the team with the advantage of learning so much from this industry.
A rewarding challenge
3rd Class Power Engineer/ Student Operator Trainee (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 3, 2015
A challenging and rewarding work place, especially in U1. The people are great to work with and support you to become a strong leader.
Typical Day at Work
Maintenance Engineer Co-op (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 2, 2015
Start with daily team meeting to get an update of current auxiliary mining equipment statuses (dozers, excavators etc.) and discuss tasks for the day and updates on ongoing projects. Develop weekly report of Key Performance Indicators of all auxiliary assets for key stakeholders on the cross functional team. Performed failure analysis of failed machine components and supported maintenance staff in servicing the units.
Very Good
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 2, 2015
Pros: Good salary
Cons: No job security
A very good company to start your career.. Big name and good salary. Get a work experience in this company and increase your market value.
Loved Suncor
Solution Designer (Solution Architect) (Former Employee), CalgaryFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: pretty much everything except not the best pay rate
Cons: pay rate towards the lower end of market
The only slightly negative thing I can say about my time at Suncor was that the pay rate was at the lower end of the then current market rates.

But, I got to work on great projects, had a great manager, worked with some fabulous people and was allowed (encouraged even!) to do what I do well.
Good work life balance!
Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: work culture
Cons: the performance management tool could be onerous
The safety culture within this company, I believe is one of the best. All meetings started with a safety topic. That is a part of Operational Excellence. I had a few opportunities to present safety topics.
Good strategy company
Project Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2015
work varies time to time. high load to low load
the management varies, personally it gets better the higher the chain you go.
Suncor is a multi-culture organisation. the kind of people you work vary - from fun intelligent staff to not so intelligent
The hardest part of the job is uncertainty. The management time to time lack the vision and as such make it difficult for the staff to figure out what to work on as a priority.
Shift Clerk
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 18, 2015
I enjoyed my job as shift clerk with Suncor. I worked 6 days off for 6. 12 hour shifts. I worked with two different shifts and 60 supervisors, 15 managers.
Excellent environment
Project Analyst (Co-op) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 15, 2015
Amazing place to learn and grow. Suncor has many online training available to their employees for free of cost. I highly recommend taking them.
fun work place
Janitor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
learned a lot about how people communicate very well and play a team role, had a good management ever. working at that was company un forgettable
Excellent Experience
Power Enginner (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: excellent experience
Cons: long hours
For those looking to gain experience in the environmental industry Hatfiled is an excellent company. This company covers many aspects of environemental work and offers all to its employees.
Working in one of the leading Oil and gas industry in Canada
Retail Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga,OntarioFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: great industry to work with
- Professional environment
- Multi tasking and roles
- Development plans for continuous upgrade
- Challenging tasks
- Various IT learning skills and software environments.

About Suncor

The skeptics said Canada's oil sands could never be developed commercially. In 1967, Suncor Energy proved them wrong; the perseverance, – Read more

Suncor Photos

Love working in the refinery