Suncor Employee Reviews

Excellent employer!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  natural gas exploration, Calgary22 April 2017
Absolutely the best, most professional well-educated employer /collegues i've ever had and I miss Suncor and my work-life there very much ... i was involuntary retired due to restructuring.
Pros
Best employer in the country, hands down!
Good pay
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 April 2017
Good pay, the people that we work with are great.. the management and senior management don't care about people. They only care about the bottom line, but they do pay us well :)
Great place to earn experience and take on lots of responsibility
Environmental Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB21 April 2017
Great place to earn experience and take on lots of responsibility. Many areas to learn and take on new opportunities.

Work life balance has been difficult since the downturn in the economy with oil and gas jobs in the region.
Good place to work within the Oil and Gas industry
SCM Procurement Lead - Fort Hills Project (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 April 2017
Suncor is a very large company with many different departments, offering a large diversity of skilled and knowledgeable employees. The work culture is very good - you are treated like an adult and you are expected to perform with a high standards. As long as you perform your work well and consistently, you will do well at Suncor
Cons
In some areas you can be expected to work long hours.
Always learning
Student Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 April 2017
I would walk around the unit looking for anything out of the ordinary. Perform tasks as an operator. Swing pumps, and open and close valves as required.
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
You get tired really easily
Great company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 April 2017
Suncor is a great company. They treat their employees well, great benefit programs, employee recognition. Safety and workplace culture was held to a high standard. I loved the people and environment in which I worked in.
Exciting Fast Paced Environment
Technical Staff (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray23 March 2017
Large company with lots of opportunities to gain experience in different areas of the business. Compensation packages are great. I enjoyed the team I worked on and liked my co-workers. Communication between different groups is lacking at times.
Pros
Compensation, challenging/exciting work and projects
Cons
Groups tend to work in silos
Excellent company to work for
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 March 2017
Worked with this company for 25 years. Excellent wages and benefits. Union based (Unifor) which provide excellent oportunities for a wide range of jobs. Company excelled in community programs. Great safety culture and unlimited training programs for employees to help progress their employment.
Pros
Provided transportation to and from work, great pay, exceptional management in most areas
Cons
To many employee layoffs to recoup costs but such is the environment in business.
Flight Department
Senior Captain - CRJ (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2017
I was a Senior Pilot for both the Airliners and the Corporate Jets, I also headed up the Safety and Emergency Management Team. I worked closely with the Corporate Safety Teams and |Emergency Preparedness Group
Pros
Excellent Senior Management Team, and President.
Cons
Difficult Junior and Mid Management to work for at times.
Exceptional Safety policies. Good work practices and work Culture.
Wellsite Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Hills and Firebag Oilsands1 March 2017
Exceptional safety and work procedure policies and certification programs. All projects adhere to OSSA/BSO Safety practices. Excellent management and team leadership. Lock out and tag out policies that provide redundant protection for all workers. This is a fly in Job that works on a 2 week on 2 week off rotation. The company provides vehicles, computers and all the necessary equipment to perform your job.
Happy people at work
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
I enjoyed over all nice place to work, month end are quite busy as usual Fridays are fun-days. Helpful management and very professional environment
Highly political enviroment
SR. ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Home office - Edmonton21 February 2017
Enjoyed the industry I was responsible for. Fantastic clients.

Superior product line.

inexperienced management.

Highly political atmosphere.
Have had 5 great years, project is coming to an end have met some amazing quality people along the way
SCM, Lead Traffic & Logistics coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB19 February 2017
SCM, managed all site traffic through the existing infrastructure, gates and roadways. Managed the delivery of over 1100 Modules on site, OD loads E-houses, Skid modules buildings.
Salary and benefits are great, managment not so much
Regulatory Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 February 2017
There are a lot of really talented, hardworking, nice individuals who work here, but Suncor is constantly reorganizing, which causes a lot of insecurity. There seems to be lots of tension between operations and head office and some people will withhold information and/or bully others because they see good workers as a threat to taking their job.
a great family atmosphere
Response pressure welder, (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 February 2017
Suncor was a great company to work for,I was always in a family orientated atmosphere and i met alot of great friends there.The work was always scoped and planned for moving safely forward...
good money
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2017
lots of overtime good money great people very flexible with hours as well as some travelling overall great job. all outdoors
Pros
work outdoors in summer
Cons
work outdoors in winter
Poor Management Support
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 February 2017
The management in this organization says one thing and does not stand behind their words. They do not have your back. When they say, "We'll support you." It is false.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
No support for middle management from above.
Good processes, well defined culture
Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 February 2017
Good support systems, well organized organization. Management is aligned and pay and benefits are decent. Advancement is available and lots of different parts of the organization to learn in
Very high paying job.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB31 January 2017
Long days, shift work is tough. Workplace is the best. Very hard on the body. Very safety senesitve job and at sometimes scaru.
Pros
Money
Cons
Long hours, shift work
Great money but not worth it
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB19 January 2017
The people I personally dealt with were horrible. I am glad I was only there for 1 shut down otherwise I would have quit. Other than that, I would have stayed because I liked my job.
Pros
Great money
Cons
Horrible people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suncor. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2