Suncor Employee Reviews

Exciting Fast Paced Environment
Technical Staff (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray23 March 2017
Large company with lots of opportunities to gain experience in different areas of the business. Compensation packages are great. I enjoyed the team I worked on and liked my co-workers. Communication between different groups is lacking at times.
Pros
Compensation, challenging/exciting work and projects
Cons
Groups tend to work in silos
Excellent company to work for
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 March 2017
Worked with this company for 25 years. Excellent wages and benefits. Union based (Unifor) which provide excellent oportunities for a wide range of jobs. Company excelled in community programs. Great safety culture and unlimited training programs for employees to help progress their employment.
Pros
Provided transportation to and from work, great pay, exceptional management in most areas
Cons
To many employee layoffs to recoup costs but such is the environment in business.
Flight Department
Senior Captain - CRJ (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2017
I was a Senior Pilot for both the Airliners and the Corporate Jets, I also headed up the Safety and Emergency Management Team. I worked closely with the Corporate Safety Teams and |Emergency Preparedness Group
Pros
Excellent Senior Management Team, and President.
Cons
Difficult Junior and Mid Management to work for at times.
Exceptional Safety policies. Good work practices and work Culture.
Wellsite Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Hills and Firebag Oilsands1 March 2017
Exceptional safety and work procedure policies and certification programs. All projects adhere to OSSA/BSO Safety practices. Excellent management and team leadership. Lock out and tag out policies that provide redundant protection for all workers. This is a fly in Job that works on a 2 week on 2 week off rotation. The company provides vehicles, computers and all the necessary equipment to perform your job.
Happy people at work
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
I enjoyed over all nice place to work, month end are quite busy as usual Fridays are fun-days. Helpful management and very professional environment
Highly political enviroment
SR. ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Home office - Edmonton21 February 2017
Enjoyed the industry I was responsible for. Fantastic clients.

Superior product line.

inexperienced management.

Highly political atmosphere.
Have had 5 great years, project is coming to an end have met some amazing quality people along the way
SCM, Lead Traffic & Logistics coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB19 February 2017
SCM, managed all site traffic through the existing infrastructure, gates and roadways. Managed the delivery of over 1100 Modules on site, OD loads E-houses, Skid modules buildings.
Salary and benefits are great, managment not so much
Regulatory Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 February 2017
There are a lot of really talented, hardworking, nice individuals who work here, but Suncor is constantly reorganizing, which causes a lot of insecurity. There seems to be lots of tension between operations and head office and some people will withhold information and/or bully others because they see good workers as a threat to taking their job.
a great family atmosphere
Response pressure welder, (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 February 2017
Suncor was a great company to work for,I was always in a family orientated atmosphere and i met alot of great friends there.The work was always scoped and planned for moving safely forward...
good money
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2017
lots of overtime good money great people very flexible with hours as well as some travelling overall great job. all outdoors
Pros
work outdoors in summer
Cons
work outdoors in winter
Poor Management Support
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 February 2017
The management in this organization says one thing and does not stand behind their words. They do not have your back. When they say, "We'll support you." It is false.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
No support for middle management from above.
Good processes, well defined culture
Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 February 2017
Good support systems, well organized organization. Management is aligned and pay and benefits are decent. Advancement is available and lots of different parts of the organization to learn in
Very high paying job.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB31 January 2017
Long days, shift work is tough. Workplace is the best. Very hard on the body. Very safety senesitve job and at sometimes scaru.
Pros
Money
Cons
Long hours, shift work
Great money but not worth it
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB19 January 2017
The people I personally dealt with were horrible. I am glad I was only there for 1 shut down otherwise I would have quit. Other than that, I would have stayed because I liked my job.
Pros
Great money
Cons
Horrible people
Great company!
Mine Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 January 2017
Safety oriented top 100 companies in Canada to work for.
Great training and equipment progressive training. 6 six hour shifts work cycle.

Hardest part of the Job was adjusting for night shifts.

Most enjoyable aspect was great employee atmosphere.
Pros
High Wages
Cons
Distance from Ontario where family resided
Great company to work for
Power Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 January 2017
Good place to work with competitive wages. A lot of equipment to work on which gives you a lot of experience with different systems. Lots of bonuses.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Too many hoops to jump through to get work done
Great Team, Great Company, Hard Work
Senior Planner & Scheduler / Maintenance Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 January 2017
Great place to develop your career
They are so far the best company I have ever worked for!
Management is transparent and shares high-level goals and company changes; they're accessible, and want to see employees succeed. Feedback from managers is a balance of constructive criticism and insight into your strengths, and provides clear direction on how to continue to develop.
Pros
Exciting working environment, constantly learning, positive management, very successful company
World Class Enterprise
RadioTechnician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 January 2017
Maintain Base Plant Trunked Radio system (subscriber and terminal equipment).

Generate/analyze system performance reports for management in order to help predict future requirements.

Competent, professional team.
Great company
QA Manager, In-Situ Operations (Former Employee) –  Firebag12 January 2017
I enjoyed my time with Suncor immensely. It was one of the best places I ever worked. The only reason I left was due to the downturn in the oil patch and the feeling of uncertainty.
Industry leader
C&SU Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 January 2017
Suncor is a company that recognizes and rewards individuals who can maximize their skills while adhering to safe work practices and operational discipline values

4.2