Suncor Employee Review

Worked on contract
HR (Former Employee) –  HR28 April 2014
Welcome to Oil and Gas '80s style!

Rules for working at Suncor:

1.) Never dispute your manager
2.) Never suggest new ideas
3.) Remember you are expendable and you will be reminded of this fact on a daily basis (see rule # 1)
4.) It's all about who you know baby! Don't expect to be considered for promotion based on hard work. Kissing up is where it's at.
5.) You will be expected to work overtime and not get paid for it. Even when you manager tell you she "thought" she told you overtime had to be approved. Try not meeting your deadline once and you will understand the consequences of not working overtime.

Through this job, I learned that culture is so so so very important. There is not enough money in the world to make me work under these circumstances ever again.
Pros
$$$$$$$
Cons
overtime work that is not paid out. You are just 'lucky' to work for this company.

Other Suncor Employee Reviews

Misrepresentation of a Caring Culture
Maintenance Planner (Current Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB18 January 2018
Sleep depravation during your shift
Sink or swim culture
Mangers truly lack leadership skills
Human resources department does not represent the employees at all
Lack of Process
Fly in Fly out is the best part of working for Suncor however their bussing and charter flight scheduling is pathetic
Pros
Fifo
Cons
Long hours, poor mamagement, process not followed or understood and Suncor does not keep their promises
Great workplace atmosphere
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Moody, BC17 January 2018
I worked as a summer coop student in the lab and I loved working here. My staff were very friendly and helpful throughout the training process and continued to be very kind throughout the term.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suncor. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2