Suncor

Suncor Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Overall Experience
Mining Engineering Student (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 21, 2014
- Good management
- heavy emphasis on communication
- good pay structure
- great experience as a coop
good safe place to work.
PLANT/FIELD OPERATOR (Current Employee), Rimbey, ABSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: education payed for by company can take any courses
Cons: no complaints
coming to work is great, learning things everyday,inspect and maintain oil field equipement,general housekeeping,my boss is great and a awesome group of people to work with.
Excellent Work Enviornment
Consultant (Former Employee), CalgarySeptember 2, 2014
Pros: excellent work enviornment
Meetings
Discussions
Implementation
After work networking
Great company
Global Operations Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 1, 2014
Maybe too aggressive at the time with their overall plans leading to alot of work to be done but overall a great company.
Good working environment
Sr. Adviser- Op Excellence (OE) - Asset Life Cycle (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaAugust 18, 2014
Pros: major oil & gas player
Cons: work/life balance difficult
Good relationship with the co-workers, not enough resources to do the work
Excellent salary, but needed for the location
Maintenance planner (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayAugust 16, 2014
Pros: rénumeration
Cons: location
Excellent group of people to work with. Cost of living in Fort Mac is quite high thus the need for the higher salaries.
Great Experience Builder, but Struggling
Automotive and Impulse Buy Intern (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great pay, good development opportunities
Cons: office politics, lack of innovation
After completing a marketing internship with Suncor, I found that I learned a lot about in-store promotions and merchandising, but the company itself is struggling with being innovative in terms of its marketing compared to its competitors.
enoyable
(Lead Hand) and Dispatch and equipement operator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 7, 2014
go to work, do the job, go home
learned production and oil sands technology,
hardest part of the job- did not find it difficult
most enjoyable- consistent employment
worked well with management and co workers
great workplace to learn, friendly and comfortable environment
Process Student (Former Employee), fort macmurrayAugust 7, 2014
- The first thing in the morning for a work day is to check the email for any new updates on any projects I was handling,then I prioritize my activities for the week.
- The development of Oil Sands, how extraction and upgrading of Oil Sands bitumen works in the plants
-Our department has a very strong management, the team is well organized and the work – more... is fairly distributed to each co-worker
- My co-workers were very friendly and were willing to help when I encountered problems]
-handling multiple projects at the same time, required a lot of knowledge and background information about the plants
-The most enjoyable part of the job is I got to meet with different people from different groups and learned new knowledge about the plants from them – less
Great co-op work experience. Great place to work, with great people.
Haul Truch Operator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJuly 29, 2014
Pros: bus ride into and out of work
Cons: did not get a full time position after co-op work term.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the support and people you meet. Everyone was very helpful and the training is second to none.
It was fine to play pool every night in the camp.
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), williamsJuly 28, 2014
Heat trace inspection with the megger. Mainly ensure that cable earth conductors do not pass through any toroidal at the instrument cable for the glanding cable. Operating the JLG to access to electrical equipment. Grounding cable for new building. Termination of the cable for the junction box. Type and install core marks for the cable termination.
I – more... learnt how to communicate well in the company. And learnt the company culture. I like to work the company again. – less
ENJOYED FOLLOW WORKERS
Constr. Coordinator / Planning (Multi-Disciplines) (Former Employee), FORT MACMURRAYJuly 25, 2014
Pros: busy and interesting
Cons: hard to advance
allowed to advance and learn,had a lot of support within dept.
Productive, great co workers, fun environment.
Contract - Document Control Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2014
I was covering for a vacation leave for an administrative assistant at Suncor however, there was not enough work to keep me busy so I enquired and received work from the Document Management group. I was happy to take on the task and have a wonderful reference letter from them.
Not always practicing what they preach
Lead Rotating Equipment Specialist (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayJuly 21, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: always expected to be on call
Managed the Rotating equipment specialist group in predictive maintenance.
Management not always supporting new ideas and suggestions
Good co-workers
Place fill with challenges
UPH - Shift Supervisor and then Day Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJuly 9, 2014
Pros: a good company to work with.
Cons: some bosses are hard to get along. especially the younger generation.
After 26 years with Suncor, seen all kind of changes. Require some changes towards the end of my career.
fun workplace
Labourer (Former Employee), Corunna, ONJuly 4, 2014
as long as you work smart and safe it can be a nice place to work great people
Productive and prosperous work place
Rotating Equipment Specialist (Current Employee), Fort mcmurrayJune 19, 2014
Commissioning and startup Specialist for all new equipment’s and plants. It is an interesting job with lots of challenges supported by wonderful team.

Decision making is the enjoyable part of the job.
Hauling Dirt
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayJune 19, 2014
Pros: satellite radio, great rotation
Hauling dirt from various shovels in the mine to various dumps in the mine site.
Great team building within Facilities Construction. Training and safety is always number one.
Project Execution Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJune 12, 2014
Unfortunately the feeling of "Contractor" ( when working in a Suncor position) is very prevalent within the on site business units.
Incredible Company
Project Coordinator (Contract) (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 11, 2014
Pros: professional development, mentoring, relationships, learning opportunities and much more (i am a contractor)
Cons: current restructuring in the last month (june 2014) has resulted in some uncertainty, as change always does.
I have had the fortunate opportunity to have been employed with Suncor through a contractor position with one of their vendors.

Although I was a "contractor to a contractor", Suncor's "people first" culture always included me and made me feel welcome.

I have developed amazing relationships, learned from the best mentors and truly felt like family.

As – more... my contract comes to an end with their vendor, I am in tears everyday knowing I am leaving.

If you have the opportunity to become a member of this amazing family, I urge you to take it. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Suncor

The skeptics said Canada's oil sands could never be developed commercially. In 1967, Suncor Energy proved them wrong; the perseverance, – Read more