Suncor

Suncor Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good work life balance!
Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: work culture
Cons: the performance management tool could be onerous
The safety culture within this company, I believe is one of the best. All meetings started with a safety topic. That is a part of Operational Excellence. I had a few opportunities to present safety topics.
Good strategy company
Project Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2015
work varies time to time. high load to low load
the management varies, personally it gets better the higher the chain you go.
Suncor is a multi-culture organisation. the kind of people you work vary - from fun intelligent staff to not so intelligent
The hardest part of the job is uncertainty. The management time to time lack the vision and as such make it difficult for the staff to figure out what to work on as a priority.
Shift Clerk
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 18, 2015
I enjoyed my job as shift clerk with Suncor. I worked 6 days off for 6. 12 hour shifts. I worked with two different shifts and 60 supervisors, 15 managers.
Excellent environment
Project Analyst (Co-op) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 15, 2015
Amazing place to learn and grow. Suncor has many online training available to their employees for free of cost. I highly recommend taking them.
fun work place
Janitor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
learned a lot about how people communicate very well and play a team role, had a good management ever. working at that was company un forgettable
Excellent Experience
Power Enginner (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: excellent experience
Cons: long hours
For those looking to gain experience in the environmental industry Hatfiled is an excellent company. This company covers many aspects of environemental work and offers all to its employees.
Working in one of the leading Oil and gas industry in Canada
Retail Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga,OntarioFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: great industry to work with
- Professional environment
- Multi tasking and roles
- Development plans for continuous upgrade
- Challenging tasks
- Various IT learning skills and software environments.
Supportive team to work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: great people with lots of opportunity
Cons: each business unit can be completely different
I learned how to really enjoy working in a team setting. The people are what make a company. When there is great Management people want to go above and beyond because they feel appreciated. I enjoyed all the activities and benefits offered for team building each year. Overall great company to work for.
Fast paced interesting work place
Chemist/Chemical Section Supervisor (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJanuary 30, 2015
Fast paced
Instrument calibration and operation
Excellent with a few bad ones.
Over all good
Time constraint. Meeting deadline
Something new quite often
NA
Power Eng (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 27, 2015
Long Days at work but the money made up for them
i learned a lot that they don't teach in class
management are great people
Good place to work.
Field Engineering Manager - Fort Hills Project (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 22, 2015
Good place to work. Good management and staff. Good peers and co-workers. Exciting and interesting projects. Challenging yet enjoyable. Living in camp can be a challenge and due to this the balance between work and family can be difficult. Overall very good place to work.
A great company to work for
Senior Advisor, Auditor, (Lead) Project Engineer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: a lot of team players
Cons: some mean people
Job Work/Life Balance is great
Salary/Benefits are great
Job Security/Advancement is great
Management is great
Job Culture is good
No too bad company
Sr. Mechanical Reliability Engineer (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 18, 2015
It is good company to work for. It was a great experience but people are people wherever you go. Overall it good company. The pension and saving plan surprised me.
great environment to work in
Bilingual Biofuels Analyst (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: none that i have come across
Great people, open minded management, just an overall great place to work
work environment was supportive
E&I Reliability Engineering Co-Op (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 14, 2015
Excellent co-worker and supervisor
Hands-on learning experience
Great salary and benefits
Different types of projects and work
Supportive team members
Good management for projects
Well described work experience
Learnt how to communicate and finish work on time
very good place to work for,,good people from everywhere
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: good pay, safety over excited.
Cons: away from home, long hours
you must be willing to spend long hours on the job site,,away from home,,friends and family,,but the money is really good and can get you adhead in paying off stuff,,but can also lock you in when you overspend,,just make sure you plan everything,,,
great workplace
Power Engineer 3rd Class (Student) (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 12, 2015
o Full-time employee in a 1st Class Plant
o Panel Operator
o Floor Operator
o Complete understanding of the pulp and paper process
o Completed chemical testing
o Completed maintenance on various equipment
o Back flushed heat exchangers
o Started up/shut down equipment
o Trainer for new employees
Great company great vision
Stream Lead/Release Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great culture, gym
Cons: nothing to talk about
Suncor knows what it should do and goes on rigorously in achieving its objectives. The management is great and has a solid vision. It is fun to work for and people are very co-operative. You will relish working here. It is important to think big here
Productive and fun environment filled with valuable experience
Intellectual Property Admin Support (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2015
My position required me to create a database for contracts and legal agreements that Suncor has had for the Technology Development Department.
This position required me to set my own deadlines since the purpose of my position was to create a database by the end of my work term. I was allowed to participate in team meetings to help me understand technical terms and processes that were taking place in the Oil Sands. I, also, attended a session that helped me understand Suncor's liability in its existing and future contracts, licenses, and legal agreements.
Every employee is willing to help if you ask for it. Suncor has a very friendly environment where everyone is respected and is very strong on safety in the workplace.
The hardest part of my position was the tedious effort of scanning binders and binders of legal documents which was required of my position. It takes a long time and is physically straining.
However, the most enjoyable part of my job was the tremendous learning experience I had gained. I got to learn a lot of technical knowledge, work ethics, and awareness of safety.
I truly believe that my Suncor experience is a turning point in my career as a future Electrical Engineer.
Safe, challenging, diverse work environment - strong organizational and operational goals
Facilities Planner (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABDecember 30, 2014
Pros: safe, challenging, diverse, focused on the people
Suncor Energy is a company committed to safety and the advancement of its employees. All ventures pursued align with the company's focus of creating energy for a better world, with the execution of all involved works coinciding with internal and external goals, aspirations towards operational excellence and with a focus that safety is key. Working at Suncor Energy is like working with family - a big, diverse family. All employees possess similar goals - the betterment of themselves, betterment for their families and growth for the company. The challenging work environment pushed all workers, employees and contractors alike, to grow in all areas - in their understanding of the industry, in understanding career related goals, in understanding themselves. Initiative was easy to demonstrate, and the demonstration of initiative was welcomed. Suncor remains committed to its mission, executes work according to its vision and maintains its values through each and every venture pursued. Working at Suncor is an excellent opportunity.

1 2 3 4 5

About Suncor

The skeptics said Canada's oil sands could never be developed commercially. In 1967, Suncor Energy proved them wrong; the perseverance, – Read more