Sunbeam Corporation Canada d/b/a Jarden Consumer Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of Jarden Corporation (NYSE: JAH). Our well-known brands include: Bionaire®, Crock-Pot®, FoodSaver®, Health o meter®, Holmes®, Mr. Coffee®, Oster®, Rival®, skybar®, and Sunbeam®. We're always looking for solutions to help make consumers' lives easier, safer and fun. For nearly 100 years, consumers have trusted our brands and products, and we're proud to be a part of their lives.
Our multi-brand, Fortune 500, Consumer Goods Company is approx. $6.6B (US) in sales, employing approx. 24,000 people worldwide. In Canada, we comprise of 3 Divisions totaling approx. $300M+ (CDN) in sales, employing approx.175 people. The company is in an exciting growth and acquisition phase, along with new and innovative consumer products continuously being developed, and sold through, all major retail channels. Exceptional Quality; Customer Service Excellence; Dedication to Continuous Improvement & Innovation; and a Commitment to the Development of our PEOPLE, are why we continue to lead the marketplace with our categories. The management team is highly approachable and supportive; and involves the entire TEAM in creating an Open, Creative, Collaborative, and FUN Environment! This position is located in our Brampton, ON office.
- Lead Monthly Demand Consensus process to develop and maintain an unbiased rolling 18 month unit forecast at the SKU level for the assigned account.
- Statistical forecast refinement in Logility for all businesses
- Utilizes customer replenishment/POS system information and other marketplace data to develop and analyze current and emerging trends across all JCS businesses.
- Assist in Monthly S&OP process and presentation.
1. Controls the timely flow of basic business monthly forecast data, by SKU into and out of Logility and other supporting tools (GAP File)
- Conducts continuous analysis of actuals and developing sales trends as compared to forecasts
- Using existing exception reports in Logility Develops and fine tunes statistical forecast models.
- Analyzes and judges historical data with respect to sell-in (order-writing, shipments, and returns), sell-through (using POS and sales data) and cannibalization of existing products by new product introductions.
- Through Monthly Consensus process advise Sales & Marketing and business team as required, of problems and significant variances between existing forecasts, plans and actuals.
- Track, report and measure forecast accuracy and error and takes the initiative to develop techniques to improve.
- Works closely with Sales & Marketing team to help identify current and future promotions and programs
2.Develops, maintains, and analyzes standard POS reports that incorporate current forecast, current inventory, projected inventory, and prior sales. Makes suggested forecast changes based on this information.
3.Develops expert knowledge of all customer business practices. These include, but are not limited to, ordering patterns, general orders, inventory policies (stores and warehouse), store openings, and set dates.
4.Through Monthly consensus process capture all latest, Assumptions, Risk and Opportunities for the assigned accounts and report them in to the S&OP.
5.Build strong relation with Customer Supply chain team and ensure regular interaction and collaboration
6.Special projects as required.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- 1-2 years forecasting experience required with some statistical and quantitative background is preferred
- Experience in using MRP system
- Good communication skills (listening, verbal and written)
- Strong Analytical skills with ability to formulate data into information
- Ability to recognize problem and bring attention to it for resolution
- Exhibits high level of motivation and sense of urgency.
- Ability to prioritize and set goals and meet those goals.
- Strong team player (peers, other functions, management)
- University Degree.
- Strong computer skills, JDE, Microsoft office (specially Excel and PowerPoint)